GLASS HIM DOESNT MEAN WHAT YOU THINK
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK

Attached: H.png (936x674, 935.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qXDsgX2_HhI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Glass him?
>uh, sure.
>OH NOOOO WHAT IS HAPPENING OH MY GOD I THOUGHT GLASS HIM MEANT GIVE HIM A DRINK OH NONONO
I refuse to believe anyone is this dumb and it's all streamers pretending to be dumb for views.

It's too late, Walter. The Woodsman is drinking water on the floor of the bar.

Americans are just that retarded.

Hate newspaper.

I understood it perfectly as an ESL.

You have to consider the context of the scene too. A guy who tried to murder you earlier is now confessing to a murder. It makes it even more absurd that anybody would think "glass him" meant offer him a drink.

It's more like the writing is so poor everyone already surmised that he wasn't the bad guy, only bongniggers know what "glass him" means, and every other option in the dialogue is basically "call him a faggot" so everyone picked "glass him" thinking it was the least aggressive option.

Is 'glassing' someone a term for pouring someone a drink in America? I don't understand how this mistake can be made.

>go to restaurant
>"plate me"

dine me

It would just say instead of glass him. Honestly.

>habe a hammer
>game gives the optiuon to "hammer him"
>you think this might mean give him the hammer

'Glassing' someone isn't a term in America. It doesn't mean anything. That just leaves context from the scene and it was very easy to belive 'Glass Him'was supposed to be a sympatheitc option

This

>hammer time?
>uh sure.
>everything went better than expected

I thought glassing something meant dropping a nuke on it.

yo waiter, burger me

Same.
I don't know how anyone could have interpreted it in any other way. The phrase already sounds hostile.

That

Issue is, the context is what makes "glass him" so surprising. In-context, you had a very tense one-off with a guy that you, the player, know is gruff, but probably innocent. After navigating verbal minefields for ages, the guy is FINALLY calming down. Wolf is calming down too. They're starting to drink beer together. The confrontation is past you and some truths are revealed.

Then that happens:

>Alright, alright. I'm calming down... Okay. I didn't do it, okay?
>[Both characters sag down politely, looking at their beers]
>ANSWER:
>You're a fucking faggot holy shit GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU KEK.
>I'll kill you right now.
>[Glass Him]

In context, with two people calming down and looking at a beer together, glass him was likely to be taken as meaning "poor him a beer", exactly because of context and because the writing was so awful.

>guy is telling a sob story
>Can ask questions, talk or ignore
>ah well, glass him must be to cheer him up with a glass
>ahah no fuck you
>x will remember this
>x is dead and it didn't mater anyway
I'm glad that shit studio died

>waiter murders you and grinds you into ground beef

The only time I ever hear "glassing" is in the context of literally nuking a place until it forms into glass. And I don't think that's what "Glass him" implied

>fuck him?
>NOOO I THOUGHT IT MEANS RUIN HIS LIFE OR SOMETHING! AHHHHH!!!!

Fuck off eurofag. glass him is an american term

>social retards can't into social cues
I can't say I'm surprised but it's baffling how people with English as their first language are so retarded they can't even read the context of the situation.

This is the only way I know the term to be used.

When you glass something, you're destroying it with the maximum force available. The term originates from the fact that nukes suck up sand and the high temperatures turn it into molten glass (trinitite), leaving lakes of greenish glass.

Maybe it's because I grew up in New Mexico, but I thought it was a common term.

Attached: 1565194521164.jpg (1280x1030, 408.91K)

You didn't beat the game.
>I didn't what?
You didn't beat the game! An easy mode mod, for Christ's sake? Cheat engine?! What a joke! I worked my ass off to beat this game, and you take these shortcuts and you think suddenly you're my peer?! You do what I do because you're lazy and you can install mods?! I committed my life to this! You don't slide into it like a cheap pair of slippers and then reap all the rewards!

Attached: url.jpg (640x360, 17.49K)

Dialogue options: “I can help” / “Well, we’ll see…” / “Go fuck yourself”
>I can help… you go FUCK YOURSELF. Die you piece of shit faggot, Im glad your wife committed suicide! You hear me? IM GLAD!
>Well we’ll see… how tough you are with my knuckle six feet up your rectum! You sick fuck, Im gonna rip your heart out and eat it in front of your family! Die fucker, die!!
>Go fuck yourself you little goofball. I cant stay mad at you, my homie. Anything you need, I got you. Just give me a call [Music Track Unlocked: Tranquil Joy] [Golden Ending Unlocked] [0.0001% of Gamers told user to Go Fuck Himself]

>jerk off
WAIT NOOOOO I THOUGHT IT MEANT CALL HIM A JERK OFF

>It doesn't mean anything
it does, in a colloquial sense. It's an informal way of using the noun as a verb, It's just that you didn't know that meaning and incorrectly assumed it meant something else. You thought "to glass" meant "to give the glass", but i think most times a noun is used informally in this way it would not mean "to give", but rather to use the object.

I'm gonna be frank: if you couldn't figure out what "glass him" meant in that context, you're the type of guy who would get raped every day in prison.

have you guys read the comic
just kind of curious

How… how would you possibly know that user?

As an australian who's never played the game, these threads always confused me until I actually started reading through them.

Attached: f4d.jpg (1080x848, 146.55K)

is a "frank" someone that gives the hard truth or what?

Now I want a feminization doujin about an isekai where instead of RPG mechanics the game has VN mechanics and the protag misinterpreting the options selects "fuck him" and is forced to carry out the lewd acts he unwittingly agreed to.

hot

You should work at Bethesda.

My point was just that the phrase "Glass Him' doesn't immediately mean something in the American Cultural vernacular. It's something you have to think about rather than immediately know. If someone asks a question and says "Spill the Beans" or "Don't leave me hanging", the underlying meaning is a lot more readily apparent than "Glass Him" was in context.

When this shit first hit the fan, I was familiar with the term "glass" as a verb but it's not "bash someone with a bottle/pint glass," but as "destroy with such intensity that the sand turns to glass". Like, this city was glassed. So it seemed obvious to me that glassing someone was the most violent and destructive option of them all and merely hitting him with a glass bottle was a playful euphemism of it.

Attached: 1537283931681.jpg (480x360, 11.88K)

>Americans are ESLs

Attached: 1648774741649.jpg (500x500, 29.88K)

>vb long neck
RIP

American English and British English are different things.

>0.0001% of Gamers told user to Go Fuck Himself

Attached: doubt.jpg (200x303, 16.36K)

/Thread

Attached: Screenshot_20220506-193355-023.png (876x624, 501.29K)

kek

>sob story
>guy is telling how he was planning to rob the girl and her grandmother and that bigby fucked his plan up
You're one of the social retards, aren't you?

It was Bongs making the mistake, not Americans

I'm confused what game are we talking about

Canadians too
44:08
youtube.com/watch?v=qXDsgX2_HhI

>tfw im a dumb esl but I understood what [Glass him] meant.

Uuuuh anglo bros????

Attached: EUlQyU_U4AAQ8Pt.jpg (1440x2560, 797.06K)

twist it

I don't even remember what I picked.
I don't even think I'd want to go back and play again.

Are u a bot? Did u read anything? He outlined every TTG ever made.

I'm an ESL and even I got what glass him meant in this context, or any context at all for that matter.
It's so weird to see so many people get shocked by the outcome of this line.

All this whining about ESLs, yet burgers are the ones making a mistake when it actually matters, lmao.

nah most Canadians definitely know what it means to glass someone

bop it

i'm not a native english speaker and never heard that line before playing the game

NOOOOOOOOOOO
I DIDNT KNOW COMFORT MEANT THAT

Attached: 1648274578478.png (800x600, 366.65K)

HAAAAAAAAAAANK
SHE GAVE YOU A 5% HP DEBUFF
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK

>Comfort her... by laying her down to rest and leaving.
>Refuse... to leave her side by being there for her.

what was her disability?

Yes it does moron. Glassing someone is a thing. Google is right there at your fat fingertips.

HAAAAAANK
NO HANK DON'T DO IT
DON'T TAKE THE MASTER KEY AS YOUR STARTING ITEM HAAAAANK IT'S MEANT FOR VETERAN PLAYERS AND WILL TAKE YOU PLACES YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING IN EARLY ON

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 769.9K)

I thought it was weird that those barbarians were one-shotting me.

Fuck off you esl bug

HAAAAAAAAAANK WAIT
DON'T CLEANSE THAT TOTEM! IT COULD BE HAUNTED GROUNDS!
HAAAAAAAAAANK

Yea Forums is this golden little place where kids will say "i didnt understand what i was reading" and think thats an epic own.

The school accepts non-disabled students, though I'm going to say rampant lesbianism.

>people thinking GLASS him meant pour him another BEER
If you got given the option to stone someone what would you fucking think it meant, light a joint and hand it over to the guy sitting next to you?

When someone says "Beer me" it's usually a request for beer, not to smack them in the head with a bottle.