Behold: The greatest Yea Forums filter of all time

Behold: The greatest Yea Forums filter of all time.
>"It's never on sale!"
>"Play [inferior game], it's infinitely better!"
>Can't get past red circuits
>Can't figure out oil
>Can't into logistics
>"How do I make trains work?"
>Can only play main bus

Attached: Factorio.jpg (616x353, 150.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nIYooegxSQI
youtube.com/watch?v=g71x0WNN73Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Eh, i only enjoy it when i do challenge runs like

>cant use trains
>ribbon world
>biter island
or modpacks that just makes everything more tedious.

Yeah, whatever dork. Look at my brand-new fucking boat.

Attached: 20220506170538_1.jpg (1920x1080, 525.89K)

nice boat

How do you smoothly transition from stone/steel furnaces to electric? I thought just leaving a 1x1 separation in between them would do the trick but completely forgot they're 3x3 not 3x2. If I wanted to switch I'd have to dismantle entire conveyor belts and scoot everything over one block.

that's precisely how you do it. Dismantle and build from scratch.

I got filtered because I realized the bugs weren't really a threat at all then it became boring

Fuck that. Guess I'm not switching to electric then.

After a point you just abandon your original factory and build a completely new one somewhere else.

nigger if you keep trying to plan out your endgame build while you are still using coal for furnaces, you'll never get anywhere. Accept that for now, you have 2x2 furnaces, and build around that. Once you get electric, shut your factory down and build it back up with the new shit.

It's a sexy fucking beast.
Build a new electric furnace bloc elsewhere. Reroute supply lines. Retire old train stops and let the resources dry up at the old bloc. You ARE utilizing a train network and the circuit network system, right? It can all feel too big-brained at first. Utilize the map editor, fuck around, see what works and what doesn't.

Attached: 20220506170938_1.jpg (1920x1080, 282.66K)

This is my only real grievance with the game. You really do have to basically destroy a good chunk of your base halfway through if you want to maintain efficiency and it always leads to issues. Other than that it's basically perfect. Well past time for an expansion tho.

>You really do have to basically destroy a good chunk of your base halfway through if you want to maintain efficiency and it always leads to issues.
Welcome to programming. If you're not fixing bugs, you're rewriting the entire thing in a different framework.

>I'd have to dismantle entire
Yep, but damn not having to belt coal as fuel anymore is worth it

That's the filter bro. The only thing that works well with modularity is the train lines. I had a book at one point filled with modular train segments that I would use to segment my factory into different sections - collection, processing, utilization, distribution... used LTN mod to make life easier tho

Rate my base, Yea Forumsros.

Attached: Factorio base 2.png (1690x951, 3.89M)

Also maxxing out efficiency modules makes them produce almost no pollution and consume little power. I am an absolute SLUT for power efficiency.

>Can't figure out oil
I never understood this. Pipes are infintely more forgiving than belts, they are absurdly cheap, you have literally _infinite_ space if you just wipe out some nests and set up defences. Just build more fucking pipes and tanks and pumps. Plastic and Sulphur crafting time is short as fuck, you can get well past purple and yellow science with just TWO(2) chemical plants making plastics.
What is the fucking problem? If you have a problem with oil, you have a problem with iron because clearly you are not willing to build pipes.

oil is too hard because crude oil breaks into three different things, two of which are useless to you at first and you can't get rid of them which backs up the useful one's production

Just, like, barrel it up and store it.

That is actually a really fucking nice boat, it's partly the train engine and parts of the tank but it's a boat. I got the tanker ship mod and the boat they give is a shitty tugboat.

bretty good/10, needs more concrete

>dude just store it bro
you underestimate how fast shit fills up in this game and I highly doubt you'll be able to research advanced oil processing before a couple of storage tanks fill unless you want to babysit that shit and destroy/rebuild every time they do

This game is worse than drugs. I played it for 3 hours the first time I installed it and decided to uninstall it right away because I knew I would bury hundreds of hours in a useless factory that only serves to feed itself.

My dude the liquid tanks are shit. Liquid tanks store 25,000 units, steel boxes with barrel filled liquid store 1,080,000 units.

>before a couple of storage tanks fill
then build several storange tanks and some more, they're cheap anyway, and you will need oils eventually anyway

no, oil too hard I quit

I’m to smooth brained to play this game.

Attached: CA238C62-225E-4982-A356-E90CA7046D25.png (600x800, 101.71K)

Attached: Factorio moon base.jpg (1394x1013, 2.55M)

Yeah I've avoided all boat mods until Whatshisname dropped this thing, I'm playing an island world run so it's perfect. Better than jetpacking for fiveever.

lmao just build more tanks for the things that are backing it up. Tanks are super cheap. And then chem plants to crack the oils and make them into fuels. Why are advanced oils so hard when the real difficulty at that point should be "how do I cope with the fact that my initial iron blob is running out and I have to outsource it from some bumfuck where I haven't expanded yet"

I'm expecting the expansion to either be naval, air, both or cave systems

Is this game good if I'm insatiably obsessed with trains and logistics surrounding them?

Attached: 1648785416017.jpg (3647x2416, 3.47M)

It's not really that bad. I am a person that gets super addicted to literally everything I try and happen to like. I played Space Engineers for 1200 hours the moment I even tried it.
Factorio is not quite the same though, it's more about repetition and optimization. Unless ofcourse your drug is optimization and repetition, then it is a drug.

maybe

I need to get back into it, I got burnt out on the last stages of my 1k SPM build.

if you like logistics and planning just in general stay away from this game because it will fucking consume you. its literally e-drugs.

*AHEM*
Move.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 206.04K)

This is just factorio-lite but expanded to galactic scale. It resembles Factorio but it's not. Don't act like it scratches the same itch.

All jokes aside, is this game any good?

I dont think you can be too smooth brained to play Factorio because Im smoother than a newly finished bar top and I was able to reach the 3rd level of circuits.
My issue is that even when I try to space things out enough, my factory always becomes too cramped for buildings and specific components that my autism reached critical mass and spend hours overthinking how to solve the issue instead of just solving the fucking issue.

Attached: 1548005651886.jpg (485x447, 113.47K)

It does not have any train variety (one loco, 3 types of wagons) but it looks cool and you can do some fun stuff with it. It's pretty nice for people who're into trains I'd say

KNEEL

Attached: Factorio zoom out 2.webm (1280x720, 2.22M)

It can be but it's not a train game. You can make some ridiculously complicated and sophisticated train networks in Factorio but at that point you must be very deep into Factorio, not just trains.
The /egg/ thread in /vg/ often discusses train games too, precisely because of Factorio. Ask there.

youtube.com/watch?v=nIYooegxSQI

The real problem with the game is that the aliens are boring and easy.
Even if you max them out.
You can research a bunch of interesting ways to deal with them or be creative and come up with even better solutions but none of them feel good to use on chumps that run at you in a straight line all clumped up.

I feel you bro. I'm often just standing there and staring at the issue and thinking about it and I know how to do it but I just cannot be arsed to begin to do it. I think the first thing to do would be to just fucking delete the initial area where you get your iron plates from the smelters, then space it out a lot further. Then just delete a whole lot more stuff to space it out further. It just feels like such a fucking chore to delete the thing you made to make it again a screen away. You should JUST DO IT and stop staring at it.

Am I missing something or does this look absolutely nothing like Factorio at all?

May be because it's not Factorio

But I keep seeing it compared to it like they're the same game.

I agree, but the game is not about surviving the aliens. They are there just to force you to automate defences and automating black science comes naturally with it. There's a reason you don't get achievements for Peaceful Mode, because then you can just not automate that shit. In a game about automation you should be automating security as well.
I know how it sounds when people say "just mod it" but seriously get some mods that make the biters more dangerous, you will have more fun

It's optimization and automation and they play somewhat similar. That's it.

Current world.
Default settings - trying to get lazy bastard.
Aliens are out evolving my progress though.

Attached: Factorio 2022.05.07 - 11.44.54.01.webm (480x270, 2.83M)

>a single building of everything
what an absolute chad

Attached: Factorio biter genocide.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

I wish I had the fortitude to make compact factories like this instead of stretching across the map with a tremendous boring bus.

Attached: love.png (478x252, 110.98K)

>Want to start new game
>Have an 8 day B&A gigabase launching 5 rockets every 20 seconds.

Not mine but looks super cool. I want to get back into factorio but maybe it's the expansion that makes me want to wait. I hate this feeling.

Attached: 1632856621658.jpg (4500x3000, 3.98M)

youtube.com/watch?v=g71x0WNN73Y
It's something with actual SOUL.

Attached: 035018036018.png (471x470, 430.92K)

I said this yesterday. SE is amazing but never gives a reward for what your building.

I've been wanting to get into this game for nearly a year, but I never do because of hard people say it is. How long does it take to start to get something out of it?

Chinese developers.

I'm a super noob at the game and the moment I did it I knew I made those things too close so it gets cramped. Fuuuuck

Attached: 20220507025646_1.jpg (1920x1080, 771.15K)

To me the reward is being able to get my smooth brain to make shit work.

I don't think it's hard but you just need some time to get use to the systems, that's something you only have to learn once. Treat the game as a puzzle that keeps getting bigger.

>How long does it take to start to get something out of it?
Kinda hard to answer that question because it feels like you can play it for however long and stop playing it without leaving the planet and still have a 'full' experience of the game. The tutorials are easy enough to understand, just play them and if it doesn't seem like your game then just stop.

>dragon's teeth
might as well just turn aliens off

picked up

>I've been wanting to get into this game for nearly a year, but I never do because of hard people say it is
?? Factorio is casual as fuck.

Yeah what the fuck are you talking about. it's not hard at all.

Tear it all down and rebuild it.
The tism demands it.
You know this to be true.

Just got 2 copies.

>>Can only play main bus
How do I stop doing this

That's what I usually do.

modular base + trains

what are those 1x1 things outside your walls holding them back?

>main bus
what's this?

>How long does it take to start to get something out of it?
To me, the moment I started getting something out of it was the moment I built conveyor belts for the drills to carry coal to the drills and furnaces I was using to get iron and copper. That's like the first 15 minutes of the game, or the first tutorial.
Then you build an assembler to craft iron gears for you and there you have it, you already have semi-automated red science packs. But then you are already playing the game, not just getting into it.

Just 1 tile walls with a tile between them. It's AESTHETIC.

Not that user but try starting with the idea of a main bus but make it up as you go and don't try to make it sacred. You'll end up with a nice main street with blocks of soulful spaghet all around it.

based
fuck aliens

Don't look it up. Just ignore it.

Attached: Factorio circus.webm (1200x900, 2.82M)

Avoid it at all costs if you want to have fun.

Alright, next map I make will be Rail Death World
Wish me luck

I like Satisfactory better. Kill me.

i wouldnt worry too much about getting addicted to factorio
my time with it was some of the most i ever got into a game (hours flying by without noticing) but all the thinking burns me out hard enough that i have to take a break from time to time, so it's easy to put it down and come back later

Just start building a second base.

>DSP
>Satisfactory
FINISH YOUR FUCKING GAMES REEEE. I want to play them but they're still on EA.

It's like a highway of iron and copper plates and the most demanding intermediates that stretches out for miles. Then you branch it out for little blocks that are crafting shit, and they transport their products to your desired output location.
A very boring and optimized highway system for your resources.
Building and optimizing it can be fun but the final product is soulless and boring.

DSP is finished, though.

Your factory will suck ass if you dint have one. Look it up as it will help a ton for a new player. After youve gotten the hang of the game you can build without it.