What am I in for bros?

What am I in for bros?

Attached: b450569462ef734449dfff383d4640e595348e53d470cd430e5ae0b135ccb9b6_1.jpg (640x511, 59.04K)

fucking kek, have fun I guess.

I played both Earthbounds now that they are in NSO and beginnings is so much better its not even funny. Why does Yea Forums fellates snes earthbound so much? I feel like I didn't "get" it, it felt incoherent and like a metaphor that didn't land.
First of all, why is earthbound even called "Mother"? It makes plenty of sense in Beginnings, since it's Maria's love for Giegue what saves the world but in earthbound it's Paula praying to randos? How does that make sense?

Inventory management funtimes

there are great things about that game but there is a lot of tedium that hasn't aged well
be prepared for a lot of time wasting

Power of Friendship, unironically

Attached: okan1.gif (600x600, 100.44K)

A game that doesn't respect you at all.
Very charming, but expect a lot of tedious timewasting on basic things.
Inventory management is a chore and I recommend using a guide just so you know when you can stuff key items in storage and never need them again.
If you play on emulator have speed up hotkeyed.

It wasn't as a big a part of the story but Ness and his mother's relationship was still a big part of the game. Googoo is still the bad guy too so there's some connection there.

Arbitrary event flags and easy-to-find OP strategies hidden behind layers of irony and a deliberately charming modern aesthetic
As long as you talk to everyone, enjoy the little quirky things they say instead of assuming it's 100% filler, and go down every path, even ones that seem to lead nowhere, you'll be fine

Earthboud is fun if you're okay with older turn-based combat.
Mother is pretty difficult to follow without a guide though.

most of the jank in earthbounds gameplay is because its a direct parody of dragon quest 3 and part of that requires it to play pretty much the exact same.

a game with shit like no random battles and enemies you instant kill if the fight was too easy to not waste your time didn't come up with that clunky inventory because they didn't know better, they did it on purpose as part of the homage to the biggest rpg in japan ever that's part of their pop culture decades later

at least they let you call remotely to save/store items instead of having to teleport back to a town to do it every single time

It's a pretty casual JRPG for its era

comfy game with great OST, sometimes funny

A harsh first boss if you don't buy good gear and don't learn his pattern quick enough, but beyond that a very enjoyable game that aged fairly well (beside inventory management woes).
Remember that the L button acts as both Talk and Check commands so you don't have to open the menu to interact with everyhing and everyone in game.

Yea Forums only knows about earthbound because the AVGN made that hour long video about it.

>why is earthbound even called "Mother"?
Thy final boss looks like a giant, deformed fetus. Want to know where do you find those?

A lot of Dragon Quest frustration. For the love of god, remember that the L button exists.

>giant deformed fetus
it just looked like the average American to me

Same thing.

Attached: 1595652057945.gif (92x128, 172.63K)

That's the nicest thing I've heard about my country in a while. I wish I weighed as much as a fetus. Thank you, friend.

Mother 3 is a thousand times better and I was genuinely sad when Earthbound got to be the famous one.

Favorite common enemy? For me it's the traffic sign that's just a fucking traffic sign.

>Why does Yea Forums fellates snes earthbound so much?
I would guess that the underage on Yea Forums wouldn't enjoy either game outside of parroting what their twitch celebs say about them, and out of the people old enough to really enjoy playing them, a lot of them probably enjoy Earthbound but get filtered by Mother 1. NES games are pretty easy to get filtered by if you didn't grow up with them

Play Mother 3 instead

Earthbound is a common "gamer cred" thing to enjoy, its why pics like the op exist, lots of people regurgitate ecelebs or top ten lists, don't get me wrong there are things to like in it but at the core its a mediocre jrpg

Inventory management requires you to be rutheless. There are tons of weird items in the game, don't be afraid of using them right away. Yo-yos are a meme, don't waste your money on them. Bottlerockets let you 1-shot just about everything, including bosses. When the manager of the Twoson theater says he wants you to come closer he actually means to talk to him behind his desk. That should be enough to get you started.

Honestly I just learned about this game not to long ago and it looks insane. Please convince me not to emulate it.

Attached: 1618636053916.jpg (1280x720, 148.43K)

Do it. Play them in order if you can. Don't expect a masterpiece. You'll have a good time if you can past tedious inventory shenanigans.

>Don't expect a masterpiece
Never, but I've been pleasantly surprised over the past few years with ancient games I never got the chance to play back when. There's a certain craftsmanship to them which can no longer really be found in the modern era, not unlike an antique butter-churn or something.

Attached: e449446fc95ab60cf8cc6c2b6760535b.jpg (267x400, 56.35K)

That's the right attitude. Hope you enjoy.

Smoothbrained contrarian "well ackshully" take.

Hello? based department? this post right here.

Attached: baseddp.jpg (480x360, 17.57K)

Territorial Oaks
Peak mimic enemy, it's never been topped since

Foppies. Perfect for gathering up and farming for easy xp.

Mother ship you fuckin idiot

Attached: abcdf.jpg (667x468, 166.91K)

What mothership you absolute retard?

/facepalm

>it's mediocre
yeah except for the super unique atmosphere, style, music, and sense of humor. yeah, very mediocre.

>I played both Earthbounds...
Lies

Back to facebook tranny
There's a mothership in beginnings but not in earthbound

It's really good, better if you play it when you're like 14 but it's fun, charming and cool. Not enough good rpgs in a modern setting.

haaaaaav fun

Attached: 1625213795945.png (640x380, 359.41K)

>There's a certain craftsmanship to them which can no longer really be found in the modern era

Wow I can really tell you're not expecting a masterpiece you fuckin liar lmao

>I never expect a masterpiece
>I only expect the finest antiquity of the fine vintage of "retro" gaming, that has clearly been lost to time not unlike the craftmanship of old
You want a cute plaid minidress and a Disco Sucks ripped tanktop to go with your old games, retro faggot?

Nigger

Attached: Screenshot_20220506-201759_Gallery.jpg (720x536, 77.74K)

Double nigger

Attached: Screenshot_20220506-202351_Gallery.jpg (720x526, 70.56K)

>took these photos while sitting on the toilet
>probably at work in the office bathroom
>someone in the other stall heard the camera noise

lmao

Sure. I'll give them to your mom for mother's day, God know you aren't going to get her anything.

mother 1 is a god tier game but most normies will never give it a chance since its just a little bit clunky

Attached: Earth bound zero.png (480x640, 500.11K)

And?

Attached: artworks-ywcx1pUzUGGvjwmH-BUNWRA-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 31.07K)

>Power of Friendship
will forever be based

>Why does Yea Forums fellates snes earthbound so much?
Because it’s a good game that got ruined by the marketing back in the day

do it

It's a funny enemy

Attached: earthboundroadsignenemy.png (1156x1028, 1.27M)

Don't forget to explore the cave east of the blue cult town. You can totally miss one of the melodies there and the game will not stop you from progressing or even tell you it's there.

Either the abstract art or the unassuming local guy

My mom hates homos, especially the ones who can't let go of the past, so you're out of luck

>and the game will not stop you from progressing or even tell you it's there.
Actually it will.
Once you reach the underground, the talking rock will tell you the location of all Your Sanctuaries and will only open the path to the last one once you've got all of the others.

>First of all, why is earthbound even called "Mother"?
named after a John Lennon song
really

>likes things I have 0 nostalgia for
>HRRRRRRRRRRR YOU CAN'T LET GO OF THE PAST
Touch grass, unironically. Modern games are 85% dogshit, this is fairly well-established on Yea Forums. Not my fault the industry threw all creativity out and decided to turn every game into a netflix subscription.