I don't get the love this game gets

I don't get the love this game gets

Attached: rock-into-the-weekend-with-this-metal-super-mario-64-cover-social.jpg (1500x844, 143.77K)

Your mom gets the love I got

Aka im an autist/zoomer/trans

It's fun

Maybe if you were a better video game then you would get the love that that game gets

Because you were born in 2005 and grew up with Mario Galaxy

don't speedrunners (aka autists/tranners) love this game though?

Was revolutionary for it's time. The level design is top notch and controlling Mario was enjoyable.

>amazing level design
>actual freedom of choice within levels
>unique inertia based movement
>control tight as fuck that lets you effortlessly do anything you want once you master it
>great music
>comfy setting
It's a masterpiece. Zoomers get filtered by it cause it doesn't control like how modern games do, but once you get accustomed to the controls, they become second nature.

It's toddler trash, you'd have to be mentally impaired to understand.

There hasn't been a good Mario game since.

You just had to be there bro. Imagine going from snes to this, everyone shit theirselves

you had to have been there

yes they do. nintendo is huge with that audience, which is why there's no need for them to pander to them.

its every BING BING WAHOOS favorite game

play the vanilla pc port in 60fps with the controller
you'll get it

I favorite 3D Mario games are Sunshine and 3D World

*My favorite 3D Mario games are Sunshine and 3D World

>You just had to be there bro. Imagine going from snes to this, everyone shit theirselves
we already had PCs back then playing much better games in three fucking dimensinos. n64 was for poorfags and generally a huge failure that took all the good 2D games, and forced them into super crappy 3D bullshit.
>but but muh goldeneye
hahahahaha piece of shit. n64 was the worst.

Attached: in another castle.jpg (360x450, 27.35K)

bing bing wahoo 1-up

>amazing desing
>amazing lore
>amazing controls
>tons of soul
>why is good
why are you so soulless?

Attached: mario 64 mod 1.jpg (712x550, 158.37K)

There are no better games than mario 64

Only giga loser nerds had gaming PCs in the 90s.

yeah, no. you just suck, and so did your childhood, I suppose.

Attached: 1548844130139.jpg (739x415, 34.86K)

You have no soul/ you don't care about gameplay

I don't get the hate this game gets.

Attached: 136777949037.png (1080x775, 616.58K)

Wow even back then PC cucks were insufferable spergs!

You had to be there.

No wonder you have such a retarded opinion.

Zoomers love Super Mario 64, who do you think are the ones making "le liminal space" and iceberg memes?

zoomers hate it. theres even some laughable video with millions of views saying 64ds is way better from another zoomer called exoparadigmgamer who also happens to be too young to have grown up with the N64.

No, zoomers love it. See All the cancerous memes posted here about "mario if he real" and shit like that is from zoomies.

Zoom zooms don't even play the game.

You're thinking of millennials. For some reason they hate the consoles of their childhoods and make videos about how remakes are better. Like Egoraptor.

Attached: 1591928899174.png (790x605, 728.73K)

Exoparadigmgamer is 27, he's a millennial. Once again proving the point here

because you're a zoomer who doesn't care about gameplay

Zoomers are the biggest fans of SM64 in current year. Millennials prefer Odyssey and Mario Kart #6708

First 3D platformer that didn't control like dogshit.
It's controls have held up - the camera has not.
Half the levels are well designed but small, the other half are garbage.
Nostalgia blinds people from the bad points so they only remember the good points.

Probably because it's better than you.

>For some reason they hate the consoles of their childhoods
Millennials grew up being told that being controversial and hipster was a good thing, and "popular thing bad"
Of course they would hate their childhood shit. Their childhood shit was popular when they was kids. Hating on it is sooo much cooler.

I was born in '91 and had an N64 growing up but never had this game. After playing it recently I agree. I definitely didn't hate it, but the controls+camera just feel so janky

This explains a lot about the Internet in the 2010s actually.

fpbp

Egoraptor is the most unfunny nigger I've ever seen. He might as well be an honorary video essayist.

I'd say it set the standard for basic movement in 3D games but most 3D games to this day still have worse movement and momentum than it does. Not my favorite when it comes to level designs but the shit people can do with it mechanically is pretty fucking nuts.

I can hear the background music

>the most oustpoken and retarded spergs said it so all millenials are like that!

This is full on retarded and is the kind of opinion you get from not talking to actual people. I'm a millenial and every I know in my age group has a ton of fondness for the NES/SNES/N64/PS1 era

It's probably an age-related thing. The millennials I know are late millennials who grew up on the Gamecube, although they also played the N64. But they have more nostalgia for games like Melee, Wind Waker, and Metroid Prime.

To be honest, its really not that good
Sonic adventure is much better

Also explains a lot of shitposts on Yea Forums.
25-35 year old bracket is full of people saying shit sucks and hating on everything because when they was 16~18 it was the coolest thing to do.

This is false, it's movement is very fluid and solid for it's time but it's mostly laziness why games are not better. Incidentally most good bingbingwahoo games actually control better than mario 64, sunshine had peak controls but you never got to abuse them as much because the game tried to force you to use fludd as much as possible.

>Nintendo both invented and perfected an entire genre on their first try
>everything to come out since is sidegrade at best
how did they do it?

Agreed. In my experience, mid- 80's millennials are more chill and have fondness for their shit. it's the 90's born millennials that grew up on a mix of edgy and hipster garbage shoved down their throats that are constant hypocrites that shit on everything

none of then have the feeling of weight wnd inertia of 64. And what do you mean most of them? Surely you dont orefer Galaxys boring controls?

There's no weight in mario 64. Outside of quicksand jumping is the same no matter if you're jumping on stone or fluffy clouds.
Inertia in 64 is heavily overdone when running on the ground just like every other late 90's era 3D platformer, but the inertia from jumps isn't nearly as carry-through

Quake and Crash Bandicoot, two fully-3d games from 1996, aged well. Mario 64 aged a little better than Tomb Raider.

>Family Guy
Season 1-3: KINO
Season 4: good
Season 5-20: Utter shit
Season 8 Episode 19 (Splendid Source): KINO
Zoomers really got the worst of the show.

The PC didn't have better platformers.
I owned a PC an N64. I enjoyed Quake and Goldeneye. Both were fun for different reasons. I didn't have to choose. But PC didn't have a Mario 64 equivalent. PC was lacking.

Super Mario 64 but if it was made for 7th gen consoles, all it's missing is a piss yellow filter

But Splendid Source is zoomer era.

1 kino episode can not make up for everything else being shit.

What about Surfin' Bird? That's considered a classic among Family Guy aficionados.

Okay,
Season 7 Episode 2 (I Dream of Jesus): Great
Season 8 Episodes 1, 19 (Road to the Multiverse and Splendid Source):KINO