Main antagonist turns out to be just a depressed little bird girl who ruined everything because she was sad

>Main antagonist turns out to be just a depressed little bird girl who ruined everything because she was sad

Nice story you got there, FFXIV tards.

Attached: 1647805566376.png (588x534, 605.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_Søren_Kierkegaard#Despair
youtube.com/watch?v=dLe40q0g3Vw
youtube.com/watch?v=SwTcMt6k8FQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So you didn’t actually pay attention or you skipped cutscenes?

too busy fucking your mom

Yes, it was great. One of the best ever.

>Main antagonist turns out to be just a depressed little bird girl who ruined everything because she was sad

>Nice story you got there, FFXIV tards.
stopped reading there.

t.

Attached: 1626172217863.png (547x596, 266.7K)

One of the best characters in FFXIV and possibly in video game history

Attached: 1639512957754.png (1579x1080, 2.6M)

it was the folly and ego of man that was the undoing, the search to know all, and the terrible price on knowing it.

Hermes wanted to know the meaning of existence, from the collective lives of all the universe, and unfortunately, they all died, and the answer was the meaning of life was simply to cease, quicker the better.

Meteion is just the delivery of this message, and then the deliverer of what that message entails, the end of the universe, and the life in it.

>antagonist
retard

Turning, wending, always, night follows day~
The suuuuun will shine agaiiiin
Walk on, Never look back
Through you, we live.

Attached: singing frog.gif (371x498, 172.16K)

:D

GO NOW IF YOU WANT IT
ANOTHER WORLD AWAITS YOU
DONT YOU GIVE UP ON IT
YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU

Attached: 1525225510111.png (700x379, 309.31K)

Meteion just gets mindraped by the cosmic horror of existential despair that infests her hivemind, she's not actually the antagonist.

this, Emet immediately figures out the folly of what Hermes is attempting but its too late, he "already did it" and everyone had to pay the price.

but ULTIMATELY I think its a good thing Meteion did the things she did, because it forced the Ancient humans to confront this, and caused Venat to turn them into beings who could overcome despair, by stripping them of the potential for Utopia.

a cruel and brutal decision, but it led to the defeat of all the Universes despair.

>send out hundreds of thousands of copies of a girl so empathetic and atuistic that her greatest joy in life is "feeling" other people eat candied apples.

>expecting good results.

what a retard.

>Nice story you got there, FFXIV
I agree. It was really good. I was slightly worried when I thought Meteion found a big bad alien like Jenova only to be pleasantly surprised when that wasn't the case. There was no villain.

The one that did enjoy eating candied apples was the one that could be saved because she had been shown that good things exist in spite of it all. His mistake was, as he put it, sending the others to fly before they learned how to walk.

Birds are very powerful you know

Attached: feathery papi.jpg (1024x1170, 226.79K)

>in a game about Existentialism and the dark side of it, ultimately the Friedrich Nietzsche Ubermenche, Zenos, and the Max Stirner's endproduct of Egoism, the Warrior of Light defeat it.

very very ironic.

Attached: ironic.jpg (800x450, 45.81K)

Sounds like some nerd shit

>their enemy, Hermes, the Calvinist.

and just like real Calvinism, it gets destroyed for being doomer shit.

goddamn the lynx mounts are so fucking ugly

Attached: 1643635550994.jpg (978x651, 160.7K)

I wish I could get into FFXIV but the closed off zones are really off putting, I expected something like WoW where it was a bit more organic what with the mountains but having a small zones with 12 loading screens is pretty hard on me

She’s a metaphor for Twitter, that’s why she’s a blue bird.

hard engine limitations.

it ultimately doesn't matter, the story will hook you so hard the shortcomings are irrelevent, and it actually has an MMO community with all the other shit you can do like how old MMO's used to.

it and Guild Wars 2 are the only ones that do.

We used to have big interconnected zones but PS3 stole it from us.

Attached: 1647680808960.jpg (1280x720, 174.21K)

sounds kino but i can't be bothered to resub and finish shb

Explain further

>complain about anything in the story
>Hurrr cutscene skipper speed reader you just didn't get it go back to WoW
XIV cultists everyone

there are many valid complaints about XIV's story.
OP's isn't one of them.

>FFXIV
Gay nerd shit with Bible references and muh mythology and some rambling shit only Starbucks employee philosophy majors will get
>WoW
Good is good, bad is bad. Simple truths. A man's story.

the theme of Endwalker is the meaning of life, and the many answers that various races found, all of them bleak, each found a reason to end themselves, either through internal conflict, or realizing nothing, no magic or trick could undo the heat death of the universe.

Meteion is essentially the mouthpeice of this guy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_Søren_Kierkegaard#Despair

the main character, the Warrior of Light, is easily an Egoist, another form of nihilism that is more positive.

and Zenos EASILY represents Friedrich Nietzsche.

the only things that could stop existential nihilistic despair, is equally nihlistic beings that simply do not care about some grand cosmic impossiblity for life to go on, and then, you and Zenos do battle to decide who's brand of positivity can go forward.

Slap it on an SSD and you'll never really notice. You're going to be using fast travel anyways.

>bitch about something that's explained by simply paying attention to the story
>hurr cultists
wowtroons still mad about their shitty thanos clone lmfao

Congrats, you have discovered the TRUE cause of the problems faced in Endwalker:
Hermes can't code for shit.

Attached: 1639813110976.jpg (680x675, 335.24K)

But to me a MMO is about exploring a huge lived-in and dangerous world with friends
Perhaps I'm too biased thanks to WoW, it's a shame I really love how the game looks

the best part, of Endwalker, is that the question is never "Answered", by the end you do not stop the end of the universe, or the existential crisis that awaits all races, you merely reject the fact that despair can't be overcome, its pure hope incarnate.

not magic, no power of friendship fixes the day, humanity just moves forward, that's all they can do.

FFXIV is a world, but its also a very tightly woven journey with the main characters, of which you, the Warrior of Light, are THE main character, and when your not doing the main story you hang out with other adventures who are totally not the Warrior of Light as well.

I understood and took this message very easily, I was unironically lucky EW released when I was in such a shitty dark place.

>XIV players are the cultists over defending the story from dumb criticisms when actual issues with the story exists
>meanwhile wowfags are already sucking blizzards dick about how they're really listening this time and Dragonflight will be different because of a few minor changes

Attached: 1611866625470.gif (358x616, 1.24M)

>Good is good, bad is bad
just as the Jailer planned

>Anything with Sylvanas being a man's story
L O L

>Main antagonist
>XIV
brainlet.

>not magic, no power of friendship fixes the day, humanity just moves forward, that's all they can do.
that's all fine and jim dandy, but did they really have to blueball all the tension before they could get the message across?

So has the broader population realized that the EW story was massively overrated and stormblood tier yet?

EW's story is even better than the initial reaction, lol.

and now we are getting fucking kino content.

youtube.com/watch?v=dLe40q0g3Vw

well, if you think about it, EW's messages are strong and its relevant to what the real world is going through as of late. I still was a great story/conclusion.

No, because the majority of FFXIV fans like G'raha Tia and since EW has plenty of G'raha Tia, EW is good. For those that don't like or don't care as much for G'raha Tia, the Elpis section with Emet does enough to tide them over.

And for those that don't care for male characters, Fujo decided to include one waifu for people.

>Stoke high, nascent flame

that part of the song is so good.

well to be fair, even beyond Fujo shit, G'raha Tia is a fantastic RPG character.

don't you dare talk shit about my red cat nigger, he's not the reason endwalker falls flat

It sounds more like Shadowbringer fans are coping that their isekai shit story is over its honeymoon phase.

>G'raha Tia is a fantastic RPG character.

Attached: 1624913641996.gif (497x302, 3.01M)

lolno, even though the whole time travel loop bothered me, I still felt way more entertained by EW's story beats and message than 90% of SB.

Attached: 1647154799891.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

G'raha has some of the best moments in the story.

he's the "true hero, who never realizes it" archetype, which is usually very endearing.

despite doing multiple lifetimes of heroic deeds, he still thinks he's yet to live up to some standard only he holds so high, when in reality he'd alrady done shit that would easily make him just as heroic as the MC's of the other Final Fantasies.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 22.65K)

Wrong. Crystal Exarch is a good RPG character. G'raha Tia is the "fanfiction.net café AU" version of Exarch.

I said people like EW because of G'raha Tia. I didn't say EW failed because of G'raha Tia. People care more about their boring husbando than they do the awful pacing and story elements of EW.

He's an obnoxious faggot that spends every scene gushing about how much he loves you. He was great as the Exarch and then they shat all over it.

just FUCK ALREADY JEESUS CHRIST

>People care more about their boring husbando than they do the awful pacing and story elements of EW.
man you can say that about every one of the "fan favorite" characters that remained "plot relevant" long after they should have, especially emet

That fucking area broke me. The music changing was so fucking good.

The blue lizard bully is only for WoL cock. Cirina too.

Attached: 1625584147526.png (922x901, 1.36M)

Emet is pretty well tied to the WoL for a variety of reasons, he was essentially one of the members of your past lives "Scions" in the Ancient times, and he's tied to the plot of EW pretty well as well as he was there for Meteion.

you'd just rather they do like WOW and discard characters immediately, lol.

She looks like she fucks the sun.

>598141704
no, i'd rather they let dead characters stay dead, much unlike WoW

>The sorrow of a thousand thousand worlds weights heavy.
>And yet you can walk on.

Just thinking about this scene makes me tear up

>retarded mongolians were absolutely right about soul reincarnation.

fucking hilarious.

>Main antagonist turns out to be a gay Clown that destroyed the world because he was sad
Nice story you got there, FFVI tards

only a game willing to spend 10 years of buildup can make such a scene work, ya know the WoW story dev's saw Shadowbringers and Endwalker play out and were pissed they literally couldn't do that, even if they wanted to, because they'd have to have built it 9 years ago.

THAT is the Testament of FFXIV, more than anything, that long long road to make sappy character moments feel real, even pudgy stoic British "pub" men like Preachgaming wept at characters he once said he hated's big moments in his FFXIV playthrough.

>Fujo that wrote the retarded mongolians decided to make the retarded mongolians right
>Fujo also decided that your Ancient self was named similar to one of the retarded mongolian deities
Man, how does she do it?

alright where the FUCK are all the galleries for this bird

>Main antagonist turns out to be an experiment that destroyed the world because he is a Momma's boy
Nice story you got there, FFVII tards

Ff14 story was never really good
It was alright at shadowbringers, but was ultimately held back because it's an mmo and they couldn't actually fuck up you character

they never confronted it
they died in despair without ever being allowed to reach an answer

Were you one of those kids in school who was put in the slow class with John Steinbeck instead of Shakespeare

FFXIV has the most cinematic moment in RPG history.

youtube.com/watch?v=SwTcMt6k8FQ

if anyone can top this, ill be impressed, we only got a very few scenes with Venat but they all were incredible.

>but was ultimately held back because it's an mmo and they couldn't actually fuck up you character
i think they did well enough with how hopeless they made the entire situation feel before confronting emet under the ocean

THEY did, THEY are you, the Ancients aren't some different race, they are our ancestors, she forced them to confront it, in the present.

they were incredibly content to "go into their happy place" and ignore what just happened, and end up just like the final race in the Dead Ends, she forced them to confront it by stripping them of their godhood.

Also fuck moon rabbits
Too long, too useless and not funny at all despite all the attempts

>allowed
they weren't interested, their answer was pretending despair don't real and they were gonna sacrifice themselves to near extinction in doing so

This was one of the most kino scenes in the entire game. Seeing my class quest trainers alongside favorites from HW and SB made my day, like I was a kid waking up on Christmas all over again.

Is Ultima Thule the best final game area in FF?

Attached: ultima-thule.jpg (1280x521, 209.86K)