Linux Gaming Thread

what video games have you been playing on your Linux machine recently?

Attached: Tux.png (265x314, 11.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N4FlL1FCbvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WineHQ Gaming Thread

On my rtx 3070 laptop w/ Gentoo I've been playing:
Dead Estate
Deep Rock Galactic
Binding of Isaac: Repentance
Inscryption
Slay the Spire
Monster Train
Evil Tonight
Elden Ring

Attached: laptopbrad.jpg (806x799, 113.06K)

I got El Shaddai to work. Had to use manually kill the directX process that hanged on first run of the game and had to use a specific version of Proton because newest one won't do.
Now it works and I'm happy.

I just finished up this script that generates and runs a rofi menu for all of your steam games.
just copy this down to a script (I don't have a github page. sorry) have Rofi installed, and run the script. Personally, I set a keybind Super + NumPadMinus

Attached: 2022-05-06_12:20:31.png (943x536, 56.85K)

based, I usually do this by making aliases in my .bashrc

using steam is not based

What would you use in it's place?

I'm playing Linux-native video games and you literally can not stop me

Torrents and GOG where possible.

nothing just run the game

Nothing. Another system upgrade broke shit so I'm back to Windows.

I mean, not every torrent has seeders otherwise I would assuming I could get a good VPN going, and I do use GOG for older games through Lutris instead of steam. But I have an existing steam library, so I appreciate the Rofi menu, and I'm going to continue using steam so I have an archive of all the stuff I want to play that will never run out of seeders to provide it to me, if it hasn't happened in the last 14 years it's not gonna happen for another 14.

Attached: 1387805785137.png (142x138, 2.11K)

crap, forgot to take out the debug flags, fix that empty line in the last if, and the cursor is covering up something.
Here's the real one.

Attached: 2022-05-06_12:34:12.png (943x494, 52.59K)

Private tracker exist.
You can just keep your games.
Also just remove drm from the steam game you already bought and stop using steam.

>torrents have no seeders
could request the game from the russian forum, someone would have it there. And then don't delete it, just archive all your games. As for GOG I meant more like if its available on both you should always go GOG

how is modding bethesda games with MO2 on linux? been wanting to play fallout 3/NV with TTW if MO2 can work

its hacky, but doable. You need some script for the virtual drive element of MO2 - I think it creates some symlinks to emulate the functionality

It work, but would have wished that a less bloated solution existed. Did NV and Oblivion recently with a bunch of mods.

They're so private I don't know how to access them is the thing.
>And then don't delete it, just archive all your games.
I don't have that kind of storage space. Nor can I presently afford it. Most of my storage space goes to preserving Emulator ROMs that are actually going to be difficult to get ahold of once nintendo and their bootlicker fans get their jewish eye of sauron on the websites holding them.
>from the russian forum
yeah lemme just get totally legit "no virus we promise comrade" .exes that sounds like a great idea for the future health of my PC

Use steamtinkerlauncher, that has a GUI that automates setting up MO2 iirc

You don't need any of that shit, just need wine like any windows executable.

the russian forum is legit, it's fairly mainstream now really. Mostly its uploads of clean steam files you will have to remove steams drm or set up a steam emulator yourself

The problem with those is that they mostly upload on gdrive where you need a google account, which require to give a phone number to google.

Yeah I don't know why people still use gdrive. You have to jump through a ton of hoops to download anything from it. I think if you make a legit email address somewhere you can avoid needing a phone number though. Some have multiuploads which have 1filchier and zippyshare

Yes but they are becoming rarer, recent upload seem to only have gdrive, which is quite annoying, I hope some rules get changed requiring torrents and multi uploads.
Currently I have to bother getting some game elsewhere because of gdrive.

>I don't have that kind of storage space
use repacks, they are compacted massively

Anyone play grim dawn on linux? It used to work but I just reinstalled the GOG version and launching via lutris just leads to a black screen but I can hear the menu music.

I think some update has fucked something really cause sekiro won't even launch anymore since yesterday

Sven Co-op

Attached: peanyworldbeta1-2-2022-05-06-0001.jpg (2560x1440, 338.06K)

jfc bash is so unbelievably ugly. If you're going to write something that's more than 5 lines of code please use a real language.

based

Even though it runs now with Proton 6.8.whatever, I hate the crackling in the audio. So horrid for a game with a great OST like this.
I don't want to experiment with other versions of Proton, now that it works, but I hate ruining my experience with assy audio. Fuuuck

pulse?

Feels good. But not the game, this game is a complete garbage.

Attached: 1642371076926.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

I think it's both somehow?
It has to be the Proton version IMO because games like Katamari Reroll run just fine with excellent quality.

replace pulse with pipewire anyway just in case
some games that gave me audio problems were fixed

We're on proton 7 now.

Got it, I'll look into it. Thanks for possible solution user.
By both I meant that it was both ALSA and Pulse in tandem. Its Ubuntu with a lot of extra drivers I got for no reason.
I guess it's not that old then. It was jut weird to me that experimental didn't work. For a while I thought experimental was the miracle Just Werks version

that will be windows too if microsoft goes forward with their plans to drop 32 bit support they already dropped native compatibility btw and lock third party programs to the MS store
w7 users already have to use D3DVK, a linux program, to have a chance to play DX12 games

replayed half-life now I'm on to opposing force
maybe I'll install the native port of unreal ('oldunreal') and get a feel of how their graphics/gameplay compared, I like doing stuff like that that puts me in the time of release

wrye bash worked well for me

I checked. I ran El Shaddai with 6.3-8, and 7 didn't work.
I also don't really want to fuck with drivers until I am sure it's not just the proton version, because I a couple of months ago I tried switching wifi drivers to iwd and was disappointed it cannot into hidden SSID. Reverting back caused the rare Linux crash.

Well I'll figure it out. Thanks for the replies.
Good game, by the way. I love artsy stuff like that, and the kid's chanting from the early tower stages was stuck in my head for a good hour

yes that's how pulse works
and experimental is experimental... that's why it's called experimental
try 7 and proton ge too. it doesn't reset the prefix you should be alright to switch between them

switching audio drivers should be less fucky than wifi drivers don't worry

this and pipewire has full pulseshit compatibility

youtu.be/N4FlL1FCbvA

based, fuck those fudders

Attached: delet.jpg (850x1824, 496.25K)

>what video games have you been playing on your Linux machine recently?
last game was Jedi Fallen Order, I really liked it and it ran ootb, am downloading pic related now, never played a Hitman game, what am I in for?

Attached: 1625620189889.png (1010x600, 335.08K)

>hey guys are Nvidia drivers good ye-ACK!

Attached: 1651575908445.png (768x719, 359.83K)

Playing Elden ring and Dragons Dogma on the new pop os. Everything runs great.

tf2, minecraft, morrowind (openmw)

From what I've seen of it, It's a really great game.
Though I hear 3 has all the content of 2 + better grafix

>that library
damn did you just start pc gaming last year

>only 13/33 visible
>that library
Not him but the top looks like standard Steam library with stuff you buy because its on sale. Gunslinger was even free for a while.

well yeah that's what i'm saying

None

>TFW Hyper-V won't let me run audio in a linux install because microsoft sucks
>virtualbox runs un-usably slow no matter how many virtual cores I give it and how much VRAM/RAM I allocate to it
>VMWare Workstation works as well as I'd hope, but costs money after the trial period
>can't afford a spare hard drive to run it baremetal
fuck microsoft and their locked down bullshit, I just wanna be able to load into a linux distro on a machine when I don't have access to my linux hard drive

Attached: 1381984613287.jpg (854x859, 371.74K)

I am not playing games that much

Attached: 1650916386754.png (320x1041, 119.44K)

disgaea 2 PC, divinity original sin 2, brogue, nethack

based oldchad

>sudo pacman -Rns [program]
>empty folders in the .config [program] folder
I was told Rns deletes everything, whats up with that?

Attached: 1650049243645.jpg (597x877, 141.96K)

>I was told Rns deletes everything, whats up with that?
Rns or Rscn doesn't touch the Home folder.