ANGELS IN GAMES

Will we ever get a game based on pic related or will that absolutely piss everyone off?

Imagine if the God of War devs worked on this.
I think it would be pretty cool DESU

Attached: file.png (958x630, 219.29K)

dumbass me was looking for something inside the circle

Isn't that where freedom came from?

Attached: 1638403848592.jpg (1100x891, 237.34K)

lol

What do you mean? You were obviously looking for the sweet hat that angels tend to have and didn't realize that there wasn't one.

based retard

Satan fought for our right to free speech

Diablo has angels and demons. what a shit game that was. I don't think it's possible to do religious vidya today and ride the line between cringe and based

heh me too desu

lol same

I wish. Michael could totally kick Thor or Kratos ass.

I think you could make a game based on King Solomon's summoning and subsequent binding of demons to help him make a castle, that would be pretty sweet.
You'd have to make sure they get all of them, though, including the one born of someone farting in the woods, and the dragon that loves buttsex.

devs are complete pussies when it comes to chrstianity in vidya
even modders barely mess with it, imagine a game or mod where you get so strong only heaven elites can match you

Why hasn't there been some game where you play as an angel and kick everyone's asses for your god? Closest I can think of is Kid Icarus.

Attached: 2 Kings 19 35.jpg (2560x1440, 406.11K)

Yeah, I'd play an action game that was just either side of the conflict, possibly even both if you'd want to go crazy with it. You can play the ending either as a battered Lucifer in the final fight against Michael and his flaming holy sword, with your army falling all around you. Or as Michael against "the dragon" Lucifer himself, finally bringing an end to your brother's dark rebellion.
I think it'd be great. There's a lot to pull from with any Bible adaptation thanks to all the interpretations over the years, it's definitely an underutilized piece of literature for games. Hell, use different interpretations for the different sides of any conflict. From Lucifer's side, it could be the tale of a hero fighting for the freedom of Man from a tyrannical God being smote for his thoughts. From Michael's side, it could be the brutal telling of a rebellion in Heaven brought about by Lucifer's unknowing pride and belief that he is stronger than God. Now I'm sad this doesn't exist, and that I'm not good enough to make it.

why did god let it happen, Yea Forumsros?

>jrpg
>god bad
>satan bad
>humanity good

Attached: gigachad stirner.png (1195x1367, 1.03M)

Because Lucifer was a whiny bitch who couldn't stand his father loving his other children

Attached: See ya, fag.jpg (655x900, 149.88K)

>god summons you
>he has made a hand puppet of himself
>asks you to kneel to the hand puppet

but for real I mean why did he let the fight even occur, he's all powerful why didn't he banish all the angels himself

Because having a giant war in heaven is a lot cooler, and angels typically send God's message anyway.

Play Dominions 5

Attached: file.png (339x494, 37.8K)

Why does God even need angels to do things? Couldn't he do it all himself?

>>humanity good
Stirnerbro, I...

Why not?

Yes, but why He did it ties in with the purpose of life and the universe. It's something we can't know

Well, the creation of Lucifer and the war in heaven seems a pretty good reason as to why not.
>do all the stuff yourself
>never have any wars with angels because you're omnipotent and omniscient, can handle all the tasks with but an infinitesimal portion of your powers, and are always in complete agreement with yourself
>don't do all the stuff yourself
>decide to make a bunch of sapient beings that can rebel against you
>war in heaven happens
I kind of have to assume given Occam's razor that God did it to have something to watch or do. Like this way he gets to have a war in heaven, he gets to see mankind suffer, all that stuff.

You guys understand that the omniscient omnipotent god thing is just what people thousands of years ago figured he should be but all-powerful to them probably doesn't mean the same thing as it does to us. To people 5000 years ago a volcano seemed all powerful.

I'm going to be 100% honest with you user and it's going to sound like bullshit, but belief isn't a logical thing and you'll never understand it until you give it an honest try and open your heart
I was a staunch fedora tipping atheist for a long time until a series of events led me to get into the occult, and it's like I have an entirely new sense of the world around me. It's not something logical at all

Attached: 1642724397500.gif (343x498, 3.24M)

>It's not something logical at all
Yes, that is how cults work.

Not that user but you can see the issue here, surely, that when you start asking people to stop looking at things logically or rationally then you open yourself up to basically anything.
Why is it any better to just stop acting or thinking with any kind of logic? By those grounds, why follow Christianity? Or Islam, or any of those? Why not make up your own religion, will yourself into believing in it wholeheartedly, and then trying to get other people to join you?

I wouldn't say faith is completely devoid of logic. It just depends on your viewpoint.

Attached: 1620741245378.jpg (1280x720, 140.87K)

For a couple reasons
Doing it all yourself means you've got to work around the spiritual forces without guidance, which is a lot of work and potentially dangerous. Joining a religion means someone else is doing the heavy lifting for you

>just let someone else do your thinking for you
where do i sign up?

Congratulations you are a fucking schizo. And you will always be a fedora tipper, you're just a different type now.

>Lucifer and fallen angels hurled down to Earth
>down to Earth
>not Hell
>tfw humanity is the byproduct of fallen angels
>tfw Earth is Hell and we were the bad guys all along
Well that certainly explains a lot..

Attached: 1654.gif (400x273, 993.59K)

lucifer was kicked out because of humanity, not before humanity

Father, Son, and Holy Lice

Not him, but I'm pretty sure faith is more nuanced than "dedicate yourself body, mind and soul to the cult and stop thinking".
Else, there would be only catholics in the christian religion, and no protestant, cathars, fundamentalist etc...

Disciples does the (sort of) inverse of that: the Highfather (an analog to christian God) had a favourite angel - Bethrezen - and tasked him with creating the world. And so he did, and it was pretty cool. However, the other angels were mad that he gets all the attention and when he wasn't looking they infused people who lived there with negative traits - hate, jeasousy, greed etc. So when the Highfather checked in on the world, he saw a terrible war-torn place. He excommunicated Bethrezen and sent him to suffer in hell under the world he created. Stewing in hatred for ages, Bethrezen finally broke out only to see humans worship the god and angels he was betrayed by. Being super ass-mad at everything that happened, Bethrezen and his army of demons and cultists now wage war on anything related to the Highfather

Attached: ScreenShot123[1].jpg (800x600, 96.15K)

Stagnation of thought is no way to get closer to God, imo. Why shouldn't we contemplate this universe he created for us?

you seem upset

Your brain indoctrinated by youtube thumbnails

Devil Survivor if you pick law route.

Dunno I'm not religious, I'm just sad for religious persons because vidya and medias keep portraying them as either corrupt or zealots.

twitter troons would seethe that "the good guy lost"
No I am NOT exaggerating you know they fucking would
like this troon right here

for me it's the brix shat images

That's fair enough. I'm not too bothered by it since I know most people aren't like that, though I do get annoyed when I encounter the rare fedora tipper.
Do you also find the recent trend of "standard good thing was actually the BAD thing" or justification of certain villains to be irritating? I can understand the appeal of morally grey stories, but a lot of people go to far and just switch the black and white.

>it's like I have an entirely new sense of the world around me.
I get the same sense from idiots who fucked up their mind on shrooms and experienced ego death. You haven't achieved enlightenment, you're just a retard with a holier-than-thou complex.

*too far
Lack of sleep is killing my writing abilities.

>I get the same sense from idiots who fucked up their mind on shrooms and experienced ego death

this is different, but people who think they're better than others for taking a mushroom are kinda dumb, they're using it medicinally now though to treat depression and PTSD

>Joining a religion means someone else is doing the heavy lifting for you
Sure worked for Jonestown, didn't it?

>being special is... le bad

>taking drugs means you're special

Fuck you fag.The church lies.
''Earning you way back to heaven'' through a pious life is not a redemption arc for humanity.It's a Reconquista attempt !We are Satan's offsprings,his fifth column sleeper agents trying to conquer heaven all over again.

That's fucking gay

listen man I'm not religious I ain't here to argue about weird canon interpretations

Define belief

wrath of the righteous

Sorry user byt picrelated was already based on heroes of might and magic

This, if you don't believe him just go outside