How do we save Xcom?

How do we save Xcom?

Attached: XCOM2_Set_Up_Assets_2560x1440_2560x1440-24cabf9f3c4eedd602a340a4658b2278.jpg (2560x1440, 1.97M)

you think the original was better?

yes

Play Long War instead

Attached: 1445699132129.webm (960x540, 2.74M)

Fix the visual jank.

I did but you can't run away from the shit base game. The structure of each campaign is still too linear with you following more or less the same research order each time. I despise the pod mechanics the more I play the game and it made me realize that there's no viable strategy other than blue moving each unit and then overwatch spamming.

The original still beats nu-xcom

Is the switch version ok? Its on sale for 10 euro

Throw Nu-Com into the trash can and play OG game

Attached: screen61.png (1919x1079, 515.41K)

XCOM is a fucking blast and has amazing mod support, LW2 is great for a harder challenge, I just hope they're working on 3

bigger modding community

Any modern games that are more like the original? I want some good tactical games

not making it a survival horror would be a good start.

Have you anons tried the new 40k xcom?

xenonauts is, supposedly, but i never played it

I do enjoy new XCUM gameplay but Im constantly afraid of strategic phase, that I will pick wrong research projects, go to wrong place or train wrong soldier and everything will go to shit. I played 2 on normal and later Chosen on that one above normal and I was afraid for most of the time.

I wish there would be a game that would allow me to progress at my own pace but with same or similar combat. Kinda like Silent Storm, which I play right now.

Attached: 6694D10479071A8BC3626D79D78CCDFEF8A12B44.jpg (1680x1050, 453.19K)

I can see in one that being a concern but 2 is very forgiving since you can endlessly stall the advent calendar.

Sex with snakes.

Wait, can I? I always assumed that I would still run out of time, especially on higher difficulties. And there is still a problem of new enemy types appearing at steady pace and you have to keep up with great or suffer greatly.

unironically mario and rabbits kingdom battle or whatever it is called.

Make XCOM 2 again but remove the jank, the time limits and make it endlessly escalating in difficulty instead to press the player to push to the end.

New enemies quickly stop appearing and even the higher end enemies can be easily dispatched with Magnetic Weapons if you mind your pod activations. The game's difficulty caps surprisingly early.

You reduce progress by
>killing first codex
>destroying alien facilities
>killing first avatar
>completing any golden path mission
>monthly resistance order
>resistance op (might be one time occurence)
Force level maxes out at 20, so as long as your armor/weapon progress is good you’ll never be outmatched, particularly since golden path missions have set pods.
Granted you can fix this with no force level cap, and pod size by force level. In which case force level 28+ becomes impossible due to action economy.

Both 1 and 2 are very forgiving. Play overhaul mods if you want to lose a campaign 100 hours in

>he thinks there will ever be a XCOM 3
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAVAHHAHAHAH

I already do, shame 2s memory leak problems are ass cancer and kill my enjoyment before I even see half of the mods.

Xcom 2 ruined it for me, and seeing that globohomo propaganda they put out a couple of years back sealed the deal. Never buying anything from Firaxis again.

I heard 1 isn't good but that 2 will supposedly be great

"OKAY" is defintely the word i would use to describe the switch port. I have it, it contains all the DLC and i didnt have any issues playing it. HOWEVER, it does lag, and the load times are long. but overall it's still playable

>and the load times are long.
how long we talking here?

Should I play XCOM 1 or 2? I got both on a sale a while ago

>xenonauts
Fuck you Xenonauts is amazing.

>how long we talking here?
Longer than the PC version on launch. God what a shitshow that was, and I still completed it on Ironman Legend.

XCOM3: Terror from the Apocalypse

By playing Xenonauts or the older Xcom games.

>I lost my very first enemy unknown campaign due to a glitch that prevented me from completing the final mission

Never fall for the iron-man meme guys.

Attached: 1649359721583.png (700x798, 379.95K)

oh no no no no

Attached: tiny pp.jpg (1024x576, 115.56K)

Me too, but it was actually my scond lost campaing and I was so addicted to the game that I didnt even mind replaying the entire game in ironman just to play the final mission

I like it though. Just move the setting to TFtD or Apocalypse for the next one, bring back multi bases and construction/staffing. I like the old ones and new ones and wouldnt mind more of either.

xenonauts is ok, it's closer to the original games and that's a bonus, but it gets repetitive and samey

xenonauts 2 will be xcom 3 while firaxis wastes their time flopping marvel xcom

just started lwotc any tips?

yeah its basically a done deal that if firaxis even makes an xcom 3 it will be total garbage. The dudes who made nucom 1 good and nucom 2 decent are not working there anymore. Loudmouthed retards got the rewards and are now busy incompetently managing and destroying the ip

It was a huge improvement to gameplay in the first (4th?) xcom game, and then they completely lost it in the second. Which is a combination of them not really knowing what they were shooting for with the mod and also xcom 2 (the fifth?) managing to make the gameplay feel worse somehow than the previous one.

You can't save anything owned by corporations. Just move on.

Tone down units to be more generic, right now it’s too devastating to lose one mid to late game

redpill me on it. what's good about it?

LW2 was made by the same people who made LW1, but LWOTC was made by different people

>he doesn't nodeaths legendary ironman
cringe my guy

Make non damaging skills good I don't know a single person who willingly takes the stealth skills for ranger when blade storm and blade master are so good compared to it

play troubleshooter instead

How would you improve Phoenix Point? From a gameplay standpoint, not talking about the cringe.

I tend to do gimmicky shit just to fuck around and taking a whole squad of stealth rangers is like playing a goofy commandos game, just like taking all sharpshooters with pistol focus is not optimal but its fun.

Theres a thing they could do, add a ton of skills and classes so players can make wacky builds and more unique feeling characters. The mods that do that bring some individuality to your characters and they could just implement it proper.

i liked the first nuxcom, even liked the second but didnt finish. How are the originals? I dont mind old games at all. Is there a best way to play them? I always hear openxcom but i dont know exactly what it changes. I'd like to play the games as close to vanilla as possible

Uninstall and go for Covert Infiltration instead since it’s Lwotc without the bloat.

It seems like shit ngl

Better than nu-com in every way

>I despise the pod mechanics
give an alternative
hard mode : not one that makes your units much more likely to get hurt

They need to move away from character driven storytelling.
The original UFO Defense was all about humanity coming together to fuck up the aliens, you had to recruit hundreds of soldiers, scientists and engineers so their individual personalities were largely irrelevant in the face of overcoming an existential threat.
The rebooted series has slowly moved towards being more character driven with each installment and DLC, and for what? so they can have more capeshit tier dialogue and add 2 seconds of waiting after each soldier action for some flavor dialogue?
Now you may say "it doesn't affect the gameplay", but you would be wrong. Just take a look at Chimera Squad, the latest installment in the series. Do you know what happens if a soldier dies during a mission? the mission ends, we went from having to favor short term losses with strategic gains to complete linearity.
I'm fine with the rebooted gameplay for the most part, but this aspect of it is gay and I hate it.

Attached: 1486586672634.png (688x596, 441.13K)

I started playing Xenonauts today, is it bad if im losing like half of my soldiers each mission?

stakes are higher when soldiers are not easily replaceable fodder which made the game feel much more tense
nu-xcom 1 and 2 did this pretty well
chimera squad was dumb in that regard

I agree that active abilities were a nice addition, but I wasn't talking about that.