HS: “Woooow, that’s awesome…. Maybe I shouldn’t ask this, but how long did it take to make FF16?”

>HS: “Woooow, that’s awesome…. Maybe I shouldn’t ask this, but how long did it take to make FF16?”

>NY: “How long…? The executives will kill me if I answer that.”

>NY: “development took longer than usual, but I was able to keep manpower to a minimum until I had a complete view of the project.”

reddit.com/r/FFXVI/comments/rmi1yc/complete_translation_of_the_naoki_yoshida/

YoshiP should be replaced by a competent producer.

Attached: 1651778703903.png (300x250, 118.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/46042115
strawpoll.me/46035964/r
strawpoll.me/46038012/r
strawpoll.me/46040365/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you should go back to /vg/

He turned the dumpster fire that was FFXIV around and made it into a massive success. He is literally the most competent producer at SE right now, though admittedly that's not saying much.

Why do people like this game? I'm just running around the desert playing errand boy?

Because ERP.

>taking credit for the writer's and developer's teams work
Heh, he truly contributed the lion's share of FFXIV reboot.

Yeah you better get immersed being that errand boy too, or else you'll hate the story.

The content comes from the INSANE amount of side activities and social activities.

Because expansions manage to hit it out of the ballpark but whereas Base game is just run of the mill

>YoshiP should be replaced by a competent producer.
Why? Because he has to work on several games full time and not only are they still desperately looking for designers for all their projects but SE doesn't help them much either?

ff14 is a casual game, the only people that care about him are ff14 players. why is he making a "hardcore" game when almost all the people that care about him want an easy game.

this game will bomb hard

Just quit. We're full.

hi barry

It takes 100 hours to be allowed to play the expansion when I played the game. No "good expansion" is worth this much to get to. Fuck this game.

By fucking who? In all of Square Enix he IS the most competent producer.

Attached: Bruh.png (386x315, 101.9K)

i dont remember it taking that long when i played

if youre in ARR its super slow bun. story doesnt start getting good until post ARR. thing about that is if you skip that you wont enjoy the rest as much because you dont get the foundation. that said, the reason ARR isnt super great is because its coming off the dumpster fire that was 1.0

I don't understand why the comment you presented deserves firing

To be fair once 1.0's writing was on the wall convinced Square to fund new content and qol features for 1.0 while working on a complete reboot of the game.

Keeping 1.0 going until they finished the story that led to 2.0 was brazen as fuck and probably saved a lot of 1.0'er goodwill and painted a positive picture of the future

Attached: qc9y09lohdz61.png (1003x1080, 1.59M)

Can you solo A9S now for the HW relic? Also, best way to get poetics?

>4 months ago

Get better bait jesus christ

Bozja is still best for Poetics probably, though Crystal Conflict seems to give a lot

Do people even still do Bozja?

Its the best way to level dps up so yeah

Oh lawdy lawdy I ain't nevah done seen no xivtroon cope THIS hard afore!
IT'S.
OVER.

Would Crystal Conflict be better due to the short queue time and short matches?

>take WoW
>copy it badly
such a genius

Attached: 1625174716717.jpg (456x683, 71.83K)

>The content comes from the INSANE amount of side activities and social activities.
But there's barely any. Especially if you actually played through the patches when they were recent.

I have no idea honestly. My Poetics have been capped for months cause i dont care about relics. Id imagine at least you get Wolf Marks/Series Pts so its worth it to grind

I don't think old players understand the massive fucking grind the game is. 200+ hours of mostly filler quests and expository dialogue cutscenes for like maybe a couple hours total of satisfying payoff. The combat in general is pretty shit too imo. High GCD, tons of input lag, and lack of fluidity with movement and animations make it feel like an early 2000's mmo.
Also it's a good social platform for people with no IRL social life.

Its not his job to pander to FF14 players with it.
Normal people generally dont know who the producers of the Final Fantasy games are.

Thats how every MMO is. Other than PvP and Raiding (XIV has both) what side content does WoW have? Dont say pet battles you cuck

Compared to everyone else at SE who thought it was a good idea to make a super grindy MMO that punishes grinding based on an engine that was never intended for MMOs, yes. You don't seem to understand just how incompetent SE is.

Where are my nyaggers, queue up

Attached: 1610038963817.png (400x400, 136.79K)

The same kind of people who got filtered by FFXII get filtered by A Realm Reborn.

Attached: america reading.jpg (300x290, 25.33K)

>brings up wow
everytime

1.0 FF14 was just both too ambitious and too fucking lazy at the same time.

I don't think I've unlocked any of that yet. I just started a a few hours ago based on the hype and cutscenes I've seen. I don't have work for the new few days and I just finished my last main game so I figured I'd check it out.

Is "ARR" uhh what happens when you download the free trial and make a character? If so yeah.

Well I don't have a social life so I have that to look forward too.

If you list the shit FF14 sells off as content then pet battles are perfectly viable to bring up too.

>brings up wow
mind broken

I didn't I'm a sprout and theres a million things for me to do

What other MMO would you like me to compare it to? The genre is fucking dead outside WoW and XIV

So this is now a XIV thread instead of XVI, huh?

Attached: 1643123201178.jpg (732x1024, 139.78K)

New MMOs keep popping up all the time. Just because they aren't themepark MMOs doesnt mean they don't exist.

I wish it was an actual grind. But its actually very little stuff stretched out hardcore.
NPCs are always far apart and the game makes you walk to all of them even though linkpearls are canon to the story.
Every time you talk to an NPC you get these slow cinematic transitions and dialogue that scrolls very slowly even though there isnt even voice acting in most of its scenes.

When I compare it to how much shit happens in actual FF games in comparison I weep. Think of the amount of plot AND gameplay you get done in about 30hours of an SNES FF game and this.

Attached: 1626234071954.jpg (295x378, 11.33K)

>Strawpoll
>Lorepoll
strawpoll.me/46042115

If you choose option 2, when?

>Previous
Alisae: strawpoll.me/46035964/r
Y'shtola: strawpoll.me/46038012/r
Yugiri: strawpoll.me/46040365/r

Attached: 1646602253263.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

ARR is A Realm Reborn AKA 2.0
2.0 up to 2.1 is setting up the groundwork for the story of the rest of the game and establishing the world and characters. its going to be slow. you hit post ARR after you hit the credits sequence which for quest level is around 50. once you see quests at 50 for a while thats when you know you've hit post ARR which leads into Heavensward at 51-60

XIV is the best MMO ever made, it's has it all.
I love my cat girl so fucking much, I love her so much.

2015, actually. After HW finished, that's probably when 16 started. Pre-production, of course.

FF16 started development in 2015, and its release date is projected to be somewhere around 2023

And after Heavensward its $15 a month yeah?

>I love my cat girl so fucking much, I love her so much.
Not as much as I do.

Attached: 700.gif (500x650, 839.16K)

And then they immediately die. The only one to not completely disappear is Lost Ark

>I don't think old players understand the massive fucking grind the game is
There's absolutely no grind in the game unless you go out of your way to do super unimportant side content (Triple Triad, Bozja, etc)
>200+ hours of mostly filler quests and expository dialogue cutscenes for like maybe a couple hours total of satisfying payoff.
It's a story, and most of it builds on itself to a larger narrative. The payoffs you get in ShB and EW for things that were setup all the way back in ARR are incredible, even down to the finally understanding the theme song you've heard so many times now.
> High GCD
With a tonne of oGCD's, to the point where you're almost constantly doing something, especially with busy jobs like Monk.
>tons of input lag
Works on my machine

Attached: 1646602220109.jpg (679x403, 40.75K)

go kill yourself yoshida fag. Yoshida is a fucking hack and everyone that praises him should die.

keep seething

>it gets good 500 hours in dude
>And then its only the story that gets good really
go read a book, its cheaper

>got to 2k
>back down to 1.7k
Goddamit, stop giving me SCHs that save their LB for christmas, at least I won against that /vg/ catslut

i can do both though

Amazing how that hypocrit Chair always misses the point, except for his Parse video where others (Zepla) miss the point. He thinks of himself as midcore, even though he is part of the hardcore crowd and doesn't understand any other perspective or reasons for change. Just look (don't) at his cash-shop video. While he doesn't have to like it and many still don't, he either ignores or is not aware of the reasons why Yoshi-P alowed it and what the benefits for the community are. Of course Chair is the kind of person who gets mad at ONE new feature notice about the Dream Fitting.

Also Lucy needs to shut up. She's got even worse takes and less understanding of job design in XIV.

Attached: __emet_selch_meteion_hythlodaeus_and_hermes_final_fantasy_and_1_more_drawn_by_omori_hakumai__c32c82b0cae75e67d7831275eb2d594e.jpg (1500x1125, 717.43K)

I enjoy ARR, I enjoyed HW, I enjoyed SB and then I enjoyed ShB and EW even more than any of that because the callbacks and setup from the earlier parts built into abosolute unfiltered Kino. For me it got good 1 hour in, because the only other MMO I've ever played was WoW and I was blown away by the fact an MMO could actually *have* a story with a player character that actually felt like he existed in and was part of the world.

The gameplay is great too.

Attached: 1646601158928.jpg (1697x2048, 295.5K)

He's right though, who would you defend the eternal dumbing-down of jobs? We all saw how this process went in WoW.

>but I was able to keep manpower to a minimum until I had a complete view of the project
aka
"we didn't waste a ton of time and money on assets and game design that we ended up throwing out".
He basically wanted to have a complete idea on the scope and scale of the game and everything involved in it before they went fully into production, nothing wrong with that.

I legitimately don't like any pictures that show Hermes in a positive or kind light, when you think of all the shit he caused and all the people whose lives he ruined in his future incarnations. It feels shit looking at Hermes and trying to portray him as "He's a good person" after meeting Amon and seeing even post-death Amon was only barely changed.

And it's absolute bullshit that he gets to just happily go back to the cycle of reinarnation while the people who died at his hands get oblivion. Doubly so when the WoL has no option to tell him to piss off and can only give sympathetic comments.

Attached: 1644246323083.jpg (766x549, 130.02K)

yeah but user, nobody in shitflinging threads can read

Attached: Takai.jpg (1497x1497, 189.65K)

>at least I won against that /vg/ catslut
who?

Filtered

Happens when you always try to force the sympathetic villain meme.

It's not that big of a deal to take a bit of extra time early on with a smaller staff so you're not having a ton of people sitting around and doing nothing while the core creatives figure out the specifics of how they want the game to be

i think i pay like $13 but yeah

ah you're right my bad.

Because his complaints are fucking stupid and obnoxious.
>They removed Kaiten for Parse-Trannies!
What fucking evidence? He's done two videos now using that complaint and he didn't show a single post or comment from any ParseTranny about wanting Kaiten to be removed. I never once saw anyone asking for it or anyone saying that Kaiten was something they wanted removed/fixed for the sake of parsing.

The Devs said they removed it for the sake of action bloat, which isn't even something that intersects with parsing, since that's not something that makes a rotation harder. He pulled a complaint straight out of his ass and keeps saying it.

>They made Samurai braindead, I liked "Managing my buffs"
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""managing"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" your buffs as Samurai was literally just doing your fucking rotation. The ONLY thing they changed is a minor adjustment to how you'd do your opener (since you'd prioritise getting the buffs up) and making it not obnoxious to do AoE pulls through dungeons.

Previously when playing Samurai in a dungeon you had to single target into an AoE pull to get your buffs, and then you'd spend the rest of the dungeon silently pleading the tank to always pull the next group fast enough to keep the buffs going or you'd have to single target again. It was stupid, it felt bad, it took zero skill and the new system is a thousandfold improvement. It's a complaint on the level of saying "I hate Umbral Soul because it means I don't have to manage my stacks!". Fuck off. Umbral Soul makes BLM's simply better to play.

Attached: 1644239686132.jpg (1920x1017, 435.79K)

Hermes was 100% correct about the problems with the Ancient society. He was right. Cry about it.

Nomura gave that excuse too for versus xiii.
how did that turn out

>These beings are literally just aetherical creations, no different to a Carbuncle
>Ancients cannot make creations with a Soul, Souls only come through natural reproduction and are seen as a gift from the Star
>It's bad to dismiss an aetherical creation

Even if your sympathise with Hermes, everything he did at the end of that dungeon and everything he ever did as Amon is absolutely unquestionably unsympathetic.

Most of the "errands" have deeper significance. If you don't care about subtle storytelling or build-up and just want immediate gratification, the game isn't for you.

>it's a speedreader who still thinks it's about the pitbull
Not surprised in the least.

>tfw finally reached diamond rank
how hard is the grind to crystal bros

>everything he did at the end of that dungeon
The Meteion hivemind was already coming for them and the Ancients were on a path to suicide with or without Meteion. He wanted to prove Meteion wrong and give the Ancients the necessary pressure to appreciate the reality of life and death again.
>and everything he ever did as Amon
Amon is not Hermes, he just inherited the same soul.

>>take WoW
>copy it badly
>badlly

FFXIV copied the good parts of WoW gearing. Gearing up in WoW from Legion onwards is RNG cancer. Fuck Blizzard putting a ARPG drop system in a MMO where you have daily/weekly lockouts.

Then riddle me this: why is it taking forever to come out?

I breezed through Diamond 5-3 and only had to grind a little to make it the rest of the way. How many victories do you have?

>and the Ancients were on a path to suicide with or without Meteion.
thats the worst meme.

Amon is Hermes, he recontextualises everything Hermes does and believed. He talks about that directly in that 89 dungeon.

Bro, a common and accepted greeting amongst Ancients was literally "Hello! I really love your work. So, when are you gonna kill yourself? I can't wait! Get on with it already!".

Attached: 20211209153803_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.26M)

only BFA had randomized loot.

The Ancients no longer appreciated life or death and they had become emotionally apathetic because of that, as illustrated by the white elpis flowers. They were going to end up exactly like the Plenty. Learn to follow a story.

No, he's not. Amon just inherited the soul of Hermes. They're different people.

Yoshida didn't go on a dry spell for 7 or so years not working on a single project until he did and then it was cancelled, a new team brought in to help him, then they replaced him and kicked him off the project.