Is this the biggest piece of shit asshole character ever made?

try name one

Attached: 3242423.jpg (300x400, 70.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/v35407
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not even close, he's too childlike when compared to truly malevolent characters

-goes and rapes a kyala girl. learns their crystals sell for alot... saves girl... gets praised as a hero-

He's the friendly local rapist that's indeed kinda evil and selfish but definitely the lesser evil when compared to the demons that just want to turn mankind into a meat grinder

Rance is a model all protagonists should aspire to

Attached: He Watches Over Us.png (1077x571, 1.46M)

>compared to the demons that just want to turn mankind into a meat grinder

i havnt gotten that far yet xD hes still rapin around

His actions are mostly childlike self gratification, he rarely acts in a way that intentionally ruins anyone's life

Rance is a hero.

Attached: 1600140507.jpg (1280x960, 448.95K)

Attached: MfzpUzScJWut_640x360.jpg (640x360, 51.45K)

No, the worst vidya character I’ve seen is Eric from Tony Hawk’s Underground

He is childish hero, if you check what little backstory he has then its kind of understandable that he turned out that way in a world filled with death and monsters. He is like 18 when he starts his adventure so he is a horny kid and over each game he slowly becomes a little better as he becomes more adult and starts to take responsibility for his actions

Attached: 1628271258000.png (1280x720, 1.54M)

>Rance
>Biggest
Lol no

Is Rance a feminist?

He does say so in one of the games, girls should be treasured you know?

Is there a game that explores his backstory? I heard his insane libido was because a girl in his village tried to molest him as a kid

Attached: 1634910184270.jpg (471x388, 23.51K)

Nah, he's an unrepentant rapist and will bully or kill guys he hates, but he legit cares for women he claims as his own, doesn't want to fuck kids, and will generally fight for the greater good when it best aligns with what he wants. He'd deserve the rope in real life, but he fights well enough in the setting where he exists.

Nope, it's only covered in setting material

Attached: untitled_0.jpg (1280x960, 157.95K)

where?

Usually in the booklets that come packaged in the JP hard copies

Attached: 20191005_015809.png (459x3132, 894.62K)

>rapist, but also good

no japan, these things cannot coexist

The Greeks disagree

People aren't defined by just one action. In a fantasy setting where there are literal demons waiting to kill humanity,

Attached: 1586931523565.jpg (841x3401, 876.07K)

Attached: 1651446130033.jpg (1252x1136, 412.58K)

He only rapes women though

>he rarely acts in a way that intentionally ruins anyone's life
he literally kill innocent people for just standing in his way on the street and rapes any woman that cathes his eye
maybe play the games before talking about them

They took that as a challenge and won, youre just in denial

where can I get the Rance games?

The happiness he gets from raping them outweighs the momentary trauma they'll get from it
Rance never raped anyone who didn't get over it eventually
also
>caring about literal faceless npcs
if rance kills you then you had it coming

sounds like a pretty important detail to just omit from the games, well whatever thanks I guess

mangagamer if you're gonna buyfag otherwise the usual (nyaa)

His backstory/origin isn't really tied into anything that happens in later games nor does anyone from his childhood ever reappear so I can see why they'd omit it
Really the only important thing you need to know is that he's really horny and just happened to be born without a level cap

Didn't a girl kill herself at some point? Though it has been years since I played the earlier ones so might just be misremembering.

Are there any other eroge where the protagonist wins the popularity charts?

Where did you start out? IMO he's pretty bad around 1-3, gets better in 4, at his meanest between 4.1-4.2 and Kichikuou, then gradually builds up to be nicer and nicer (partly by virtue of knowing the main girls more and not raping them as much)

Correct, canonically Genri is a lot bigger and girthier

Stories like that were written for thousands of years. Go look at Bible and stories of Greek heroes

I think they really should have had some of the child hood stuff on Rance Quest, that felt like a perfect opportunity for it. But I heard that that game was originally kind of rushed so explains why it didn't have it I guess

Do you need it to be the protagonist or can it be any male in the series?

4.1-4.2 is when he doesn't have Sill around right? Same happens in Quest where he starts to be really fucked up again because Sill is gone and not being his moral compass

protagonist only cuz I want to know more games that have fun protags.
The only one I can think of that comes remotely close is Yamato in Majikoi

No, she got an abortion which is why he's always making Sill run contraception magic on him

Why does MG take so long to release shit anyway? Is Rance just low priority so they have one guy working on all the games? Or are they just that bad at time management?

I heard they actually had just one guy working on it at some point. And one guy also quit mid work and complained about how they don't pay him enough for that shit and the company sucks

>Alicesoft releasing their latest game on japanese and english at the same time

we live in strange times vndb.org/v35407

Quest is the game where he starts to grow a bit though
Sill not being around makes him worse at first but he ends up developing some actual relationships with other girls as a result
Also he's really bad in VI and Sill is there for the entirety of that game except the very start

iirc they only have one coder/programmer for alicesoft titles

Attached: Main_Heroine_of_X.png (1024x1024, 1.58M)

Delita
fuck Delita

He's a hero who saved millions while killing trillions.

He ended up saving humanity so I think he still saved more people than he killed at the end

He did blow up that planet, even if accidentally.

nobody knows about that so it doesn't count

>appears in last game
>barely gets screentime
>voted 2nd most popular
>refuses to elaborate
>leaves

Attached: 70995395_p0.png (1339x1695, 1.12M)

2 decades worth of pent up hanny semen were waiting for that defloration scene

Rance stop posting on Yea Forums

She appeared in Kichikuou even if its not canon now, people were waiting for that pussy for many years

He's lawful evil.
Has a very strict moral code that he lives his own life by, other people disagree with it but he always sticks to his convictions and never falters despite fear or overwhelming odds.

bunny black has a MC that does the same shit Rance does if that's what you're looking for but I doubt he's as popular

I think Neutral would be better still despite his own code because that code is very free spirited. Also alligments suck ass and never should have been a thing

>lawful
He's chaotic because he'll change his approach depending on what gets him laid

Rance is the most (in)famous AliceSoft protagonist and he's an asshole by h-game hero standards; but by AliceSoft standards he leans on the nicer end.

Rance is a serial rapist and unrepentant murderer who sometimes does nice things, sometimes saves the world, and hates other rapists along with incest and pedophiles.

Yamamoto Akuji is a serial rapist, blackmailer, WWII war criminal, and power-hungry yakuza who lusts after his younger family member.

Hatsune is a sadistic, sociopathic lesbian rapist and cannibal.

Kakaro is a manipulative rapist who uses his children as pawns to gain power, kidnapped a boy to raise as his child for his own purposes, psychologically breaks women who love his adoptex son into his sex toys, and he hates tomboys.

in most of those games, you'll find a worse antagonist, too

Attached: 1462244813797.jpg (900x695, 635.2K)

There is more to it, but most of it is just petty shitflinging back and forth that's honestly of no great interest to anyone.
But the core of that whole drama comes down to two things

1. Arunaru was scheduled to get a notable payraise at MG. But then Sengoku Rance got banned from Steam and all efforts to get the game back on there were squashed. And this was before Valve's absolutely flippant attitude towards eroge had been properly observed, and after Evenicle's considerable success on the platform, seeing Sengoku Rance get denied the way it did was a surprise to be sure. And it was also a surprise that absolutely slashed MG's revenue forecasts.
But the success difference between Steam and other platforms are like night and day. We are talking like a genuine fraction of the expected total. And when the release that was projected send MG into a new financial boon, they were instead moving towards new financial straits with Steam denying their titles. So Arunaru couldn't get the raise he was scheduled to get. And that kind of pissed Arunaru off.

2. Arunaru at the time was working on the VenusBlood translation. A kickstarter project from a new actor in the western market, who in combination with the success of the kickstarter, and them being very insistent in getting a good foot into the market, apparently paid far above average for the localization of VenusBlood.
But that kind of pay was hardly and had never been the norm. Frontwing allegedly also paid really well when they first tried to sell to the west, but successively lowered said pay project after project after their brand had grown to be established. And now they're paying about what you'd expect from the business.
Regardless, the pay Arunaru was getting was, as stated, not the ordinary. But pissed off at not getting the raise at MG, and high off of the extraordinary good pay from the VenusBlood project. Arunaru just threw a giant hissyfit, ranted at MG publicly and abandoned all their work.

Yes. Only edgy teenagers like him because LE RAPEMAN xD

I only played 6 and 7 but he casually killed or humiliated people who didn't wrong him in any way and in 6 he was just a straight up piece of shit. Especially when the caravan was being assaulted by monsters every day, the kingdom was about to collapse and he just refused to help because he was butthurt over some menial petty thing.

>and he just refused to help because he was butthurt over some menial petty thing
well yeah he's a child mentally and always looking for validation

Not even the worst in Alicesoft games.

Rance is essentially distilled masculinity, so it's no wonder you don't like him. He takes what he wants, fucks what he likes and kills what he dislikes.
He's basically a modern-day Conan the Barbarian just dialed up even further.

>alignments suck
truth

Attached: rance alignment.jpg (2250x1800, 897.14K)

>despite his own code because that code is very free spirited.
Which of his own rules does he break?

Rouga is pretty legit though, isn't he? Haven't played Daibanchou in forever. But I remember him as a good guy.

Attached: Big_Bang_Age_-_package.jpg (478x600, 102.87K)

thanks for the suggestion user, I'll look into it

He's literally me.

What about Togo Tsuyushi?

>and hates tomboys
This man is my mortal enemy
Tomboys are to be treasured

Incest for starters

Did daibanchou and daiteikoku ever got translated?

He is a hero. He's never raped anyone. He does nothing more than eagerly accept his earned rewards for saving people. All of the women agree, because he's regularly called a hero, and everyone falls in love with him.

I want to rape him

>banchou
Yes
>Space WWII
No

daiteitoku has a fan translation but for only the main story bits, I'm playing it right now it's playable

1st, yes. 2nd partial. The 2nd isn't playable but that has nothing to do with the translation.