Why is Forza like this?

Every road is a highway. Every highway is a fucking parking lot for an endless Walmart. And it's not just Horizon, mainline makes tracks wider too. And Forzombies still religiously get all the AWD and wide sticky tires on everything.

Attached: 1629043914888.jpg (1908x1924, 896.45K)

wider roads are better for racing, it's less realistic but more fun. if you want realism, play ac.

brainlet take

>wider roads are better for racing

Attached: 1622982317857.jpg (3840x2160, 1.06M)

Enjoy your pileup as 12 trophy trucks are pushing past each other in a 3 minute scramble sprint race.

Wide roads mean more room for error, which is important when you're targeting braindead casuals.

Sim racing is the most fun. Sure, it's still fun to weave through cars in crazy taxi, but it's way more fun when the punishment for failure isn't a slap on the wrist. Riding the line between grip and spinning out feels great, and it's nice to actually have to modulate your throttle through a corner instead of just being either 100% or 0%.

>Each lane is actually two lanes wide

Did you post the wrong image?

I am lately in the mood for a racing / driving game, but I don't know which to get, the lst one I played was GT5 on PS3 so I don't know how things are nowdays.

How is the motor customization on FH5? Currently, which of the games has the best roster?

GT7 is the only game with a decent roster because every other game just has boring western cars.

modern racing games are shit
go play 90s and 00s games

>How is the motor customization on FH5? Currently, which of the games has the best roster?

every car has like 20 upgradable parts, plus 1-5 engine swap options. forza has more cars than gt7 at the moment, although both have way more than you would ever need.

>it's way more fun when the punishment for failure isn't a slap on the wrist. Riding the line between grip and spinning out feels great, and it's nice to actually have to modulate your throttle through a corner instead of just being either 100% or 0%.
You should try turning off the assist options in FH4/5 and increasing the difficulty, because it then becomes exactly what you described.

Oh well, that's too bad, I don't have a PS5 and don't plant to get one anytime soon.

Is the situation that dire?

I guess you cannot get the DLC cars by farming in-game, right? Anyway, having more cars is not necesarily better, like says, having Japanese cars is important as well.

But user, it's impossible to play videogames if they aren't on Steam or the Nintendo eShop.

How can a game as old as 5 years even run on modern platforms?

Attached: 1621766648381.jpg (1920x1080, 566.19K)

>retard
google camera is low res turd.

the 42 "car pass" dlc cars can't be acquired without paying for the $30 car pass dlc (or seperately for $3 each), yes.
the game has a nice jdm section though, nissan alone has 23 different cars to choose from.

cars too small

what retardation is this

otherwise zoomers couldnt keep their bugaytti on the road it makes slower cars incredibly boring to drive

where do you thing you are

For me the disappointing thing about GT7 is the lackluster car model viewer. The models aren't remotely as detailed as Horizon's, and not being able to freely look around the car, its interior, and even under the bonnet, really sucks. Horizon also has more cars from more brands on top of that, and a large amount of the cars in GT7 aren't even real cars.

Drifting is actually fun in FH5. Ive never played a game with better drifting, i guess the roads width help to.

You've never played Ridge Racer or NFS Carbon?

I have a much bigger gripe with these games, as almost every object in the game is destructive with the slightest touch.

There's no consequence for driving off the road or into things. Even the guard rails are made of Styrofoam. Only the biggest trees are solid

And I know this is so casual/kids can have more fun.

Forza Horizon STARTED it's journey in the first one as being an open world game with most of the physics of the Motorsport games. Now it's just burnout open world without the takedowns.

Both had crap car selection.

The graphics are so good until you look in the distance

I get 4WD IRL too simply because it's fucking more comfortable to drive, Forza or GT has nothing to do with it.

>4WD
>more comfortable to drive
Let me guess, you drive an automatic?

No, I've got a Lancer X with manual.

if i cant get out of my car and do shit on foot like in GTA then the game is a hard pass UNLESS it's some kind of racing sim thats going for realism or an arcade style like rollcage with weapons or wipeout
car game novelty died a long time ago and needs to have something beyond "collect these cars that drive (can you believe it?!) and drive around in ghost towns with no pedestrians or other shit to do"

If you live in a city with nice roads you probably don't need 4WD, but anyone that lives in the suburbs or goes on trips knows that 4WD offers massively increased comfort the shittier the roads are.

Any racing game that has narrow streets in urban areas?

>tfw we will never get the full intended vision for PS
>tfw they will never remaster PS so that it runs without fixes that sometimes work

based prostreet enioyer

None I can think of. Most games don't aim for realism, because people just want to max out their rev counter, so wider streets are the norm. The narrower you make things, the more the track depends on the player knowing exactly what's coming up next, while most urban areas are open world type games where you expect the player to very rarely drive the same corners in a row. The best you can get are city map mods for sim games, because arcade games really can't even deal with them.

Its a toy game for zoomers to do their stance audis in, not a real racing game user.
Forza always been a racing sim for hardparkers.
Go play gt series or sims

Genki games. Older gran autismos.

the problem with sims are they arent fun. Forza fixes all the issues with racing sims by removing all the shitty sim mechanics.

Shutoko Revival Project

the road is normal sized retard
they just make the cars too small

v rally 4

Gran Turismo 4 has some, I don't remember the name but those two races (same location just in reverse) where you get the overpriced cadillac you can sell every time you beat it, also Hong Kong

Literally the only "shitty sim mechanic" that filters out trash like you is no resets, and that's deliberate because real racing is all about consistency. Resetting every corner is antithetical to both learning and perception since you can always reset. In a sim you constantly run calculated risks, do I save .1 second here or do I not crash?

>The models aren't remotely as detailed as Horizon's
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Forza has been reusing models that date back to the first Forza game (which recently turned 17), carrying over every mistake they made back then. The S15 is bad enough to have become a meme, but the list goes on.

Attached: FQ4fibRWUAMJx2k.jpg (3208x1004, 350.4K)

>Clio Williams is RHD
>R34 have mph Speedmeter but the needle indicates the km/h

Attached: 4845456.jpg (1920x1080, 120.91K)

>First Forza
user, they remade all models twice now. Forza Motorsport 3/4 were mostly new models with only a few carried over from 2.
Starting with Forza Motorsport 5 they started remaking all the models again which is why Motorsport 5 had such a pathetic roster.
But yes, they're still using the same models they've been using since Motorsport 5/Horizon 2.

Nevermind that the Horizon series in general is unsatisfying to play because it's somewhere between a racing sim and an arcade racer.
It's boring.

The stock R34 dash actually goes up to 180 km/h IRL
Remaking the textures and cranking up the polycount isn't "remaking a model", it's putting lipstick on a pig. The FD Spirit R still has the ugly oversized grill that looks nothing like the real car, and they even released it as DLC in FH4.

Attached: ezgif-4-5a32d56b11.jpg (1920x1080, 347.51K)

>Remaking the textures and cranking up the polycount isn't "remaking a model"
You literally can't get a good result by just "cranking up the polycount", subdividing doesn't automatically give you detail, it still needs manual adjustment. I don't deny there's a high chance they just subdivided old meshes and manually upgraded them but it's not just a "click high poly and it's done".
t. game dev Arma 3 dev to be precise

>Clio Williams is RHD
Probably the British version

Forza is a simcade with a casual crowd in mind. Most racing games did/do this to make the game easier and less frustrating.
Just play Assetto Corsa or iRacing if you want realism.

Attached: 1616384117902.webm (460x460, 343.69K)

I know, which is precisely why the models lack detail and retain mistakes in the proportions. I lurk AC modding communities and anyone competent calls out people for using Forza models in their mods.
Pic related, Forza 7 R32 (black) vs GT Sport (red), the latter being a way more accurate model.

Attached: QSNZxX3.png (1193x552, 252K)

>iRacing
Imagine spending hundreds of dollars a year to play a video game.

Japanese cars are chipped to 180km/h per a handshake agreement between japanese automakers. That's why cars with japanese clusters stop at 180km/h. That's why JDM tuner imports have digital speedometers.

I get what OP is saying but they don't seem that wide in game. Fine for an arcade racer imo

Attached: 20211115211926_1.jpg (2560x1440, 824.12K)

GT has better models yeah but sadly they're also guilty of copypasting, they've been using the same models since GT5.

Why do you guys sperg about Forza Horizon so much? It's clearly not designed to be iRacing or Assetto Corsa or whatever.

look at the fucking scale of the road and the signs compared to cars
it looks absurd

People don't understand that Horizon is meant to be successor to the classic NFS games from before Underground.

That and an evolution of Midtown Madness.

Attached: Midtown-Madness-3-in-the-classic-test-Xbox-–.jpg (700x470, 86.35K)

>Clio Williams
Such a sexy car. Goddamn i love old french hatchbacks

you mean test drive?

>an evolution of Midtown Madness
Except that's Midnight Club

Attached: file.png (1280x1580, 2.45M)

>narrow roads in forza
you want online races to be even more of a clusterfuck than it already is huh

>People don't understand that Horizon is meant to be successor to the classic NFS games from before Underground.
Whatever you tell yourself to feel better lmao