Why do the Japanese hate Xbox actually?

Why do the Japanese hate Xbox actually?

Attached: download.jpg (2393x2500, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D-ZzuHs6SME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because ps3 is the smarter choice and japs are smarter than gaijin
next question

they didn't embrace it because their penis too small

it isn't too hard to figure out, do they go with the video game console made by a company that originaled from their own homeland or the one that originated from the other side of the planet?

The series s is doing decent over there. It's not doing that well but it's not a complete failure either and has proved that Japan is a somewhat decent market for Xbox

Why is this website so obsessed with Japan

Attached: 5435.jpg (1982x2972, 378.65K)

No games

Only hardcore nerds had 360 over there.

Because Xbox is the console of choice for bro-dudes and college frat guys, two distinctly American stereotypes.

it's a japanese culture board in origin

also videogames as we know them are largely a product of japan

the 360 was popular with otaku but microsoft gave up on japan when it wasn't a smash hit. microsoft still doesn't give a fuck now, most of the original xbox and 360 japanese exclusives aren't backwards compatible with the series x. it's a very shit purchase for the japanese because of that.

Pretty much this, nintendo really made me interested in things over there.

Attached: Xbox_360_Error_codes.png (1280x1248, 143.46K)

Japan has a culture of being proud over it's own native tech companies.
Japanese people like how Sony (back when they were Japanese) were the dominant console makers around the world.

So to buy the on console which is not Japanese made, that is not something the Japanese would ever do.

Video games was, is, and forever will be an American artistic medium. No amount of overrated weeb jrpgs will ever change that

Attached: 515e0PcnEoL._SL500_.jpg (500x500, 39.71K)

Realize that these Japfags would rather wait several years for a PS5, rather than get an Xbox Series X right now, even though 95% of the library is the exact same.

Xbox's best features don't appeal to them. Could you imagine a room of Japs playing Gears on system link?

The American console market died in 1982. In 1983, Nintendo revived it with the Nintendo entertainment system. Then Sega showed up
Now Sega is so weak it will be bought out

Attached: 1650349700377m.jpg (828x1024, 82.3K)

A lot played Lost Planet

Decent comparatively to the past. The numbers are still abysmal though. A total of 184k consoles sold in Japan after one and a half years is terrible and 100% a failure. Don't try to sugar coat things.

Because Xbox is a bad platform when it comes to playing Japanese games. It's a western system and mostly gets western games.

>every xbox 360 thread uses the RRD version as OP.
Are you the same nostalgiafag user? I find the arcade version a beauty as well, but let's not pretend that it wasn't a shitshow.

Attached: images (5).jpg (500x500, 14K)

Big white 360 controller is too much to handle for the Jap lady hands

When are you gonna eat the bugs and live in the pod?

the same reason why anyone else with standards does.

Attached: 1629398005032.jpg (773x505, 265.54K)

>All those niche jp 360 exclusives

>the black DUKE is bigger

Attached: images (6).jpg (602x509, 22.35K)

The Series consoles already outsold eight years of the Xbone. If that isn't progress, I don't know what is.

playstation literally has gay parades you fucking retard

>Why do the Japanese hate Xbox actually?
Xenophobia.

And chauvinism.

the xbone had a 1% market share, didn't it? down from the 8% of the 360. nearly anything is an improvement from the xbone.

Attached: v_booba.jpg (950x800, 90.79K)

Why would they like it when PlayStation exists? What's the appeal?

What is supposed to be the appeal of Playstation and Nintendo consoles?
What do they have that Xbox consoles don't?
JRPGs? Platformers?
Why is Japan's taste centered exclusively around a dogshit genre and a genre made for children?

Almost all of Jap gamers who like western games already play western games on PC.
99% of console babies in Japan were buying ethier Nintendo or PS and that used to be perfectly reasonable.

Owned by a Japanese person

PlayStation has a lot of Japanese games made in Japan for Japanese people. So they like it more. This is obvious,why do I need to spell it out for you, retard?

>mfw I try to convince Dragon Quest Land to play Gaylo, Gears of War, Fable and Forza

Attached: Bill burger.jpg (739x415, 35.98K)

slowly, slowly inching their way up. I'd be interested to see if Gamepass an impact (if any) in Japan, whether through PC or console.

They dont. Its an economic protectionist measure by asian governments. Look at how all the most popular games in asia happen to be asian games, even with western games having been first-to-market and identical to what asia copied. Its an economic impossibility in a free market

Im in asia right meow

Their is a 360 in the background of one of my favourite javs and everytime I see it I think wow that nigga must of loved shmups lol

Now that I think about it, is there a single reason to own an xbox if you can afford a pc? I can't think of one

youtube.com/watch?v=D-ZzuHs6SME
360 had a niche otaku following but not a lot of normalfag appeal

Attached: screenshot.20110509223856409.png (1280x720, 1.02M)

>Japanese games
Again, such as? What are these games they have that Xbox doesn't?

why is japan so obsessed with france

There's no reason why Japan wouldn't like Fable.

xbox IS a gay parade.

because japan is the only culture to rival the west and not be a stinking shithole while it does it

Computer multiplayer tends to be deader than console.

they have real rpgs, they don't need the pozzed tranny movies marketed with lies that the west tries to pass off as rpgs.

Romanticization, same as with Japan obsession.

The Japs know not to trust the Lord of Lies.

Attached: Peter.png (500x500, 155.61K)

Nioh is a big one, but also lots of shit that has never been translated or even released overseas

the biggest impact so far are retail stores refusing to sell the series s. they need to get xcloud ironed out for game pass to take off in japan i think.

They fucked the launch, they cannot afford to fuck the launch.

Have bill gates insist on giving a retarded speech, instead of listening to MS of japan's head.

The basically advertised it as an overpowered crude and brash american object. Not dropping the X, the retarded speech where he pays tribute to sega shares guy's death and then goes back to being brash, not mentioning xbox's philsophy when they actually had one.

Gaijin shit sells in japan all the time, kfc, iphones, etc, you just gotta market it for japan.

Had they advertised it as a sega box and their software empowering phisolphy they would have suceeded.

X360 made a small comeback if u can call 1.5m sales a comeback, but then kinect and xbone fucked everything twice.

Game selection, most jap games or games that cater to jap taste are made for sony or by nintendo. Xbox is known moreso for shooter games which for some reason japs don't like as much as westerners do.

what can you even play on an xbox in japan.
Fifa? Call of Duty? Japan hates that shit except the small subset of westaboos

JRPGs aren't RPGs.

Attached: 1535100032208.jpg (2000x1797, 874.41K)

Raising sims like Idolm@ster. Which is ironic because Idolm@ster is the reason that the 360 sold so well comparatively in Japan. The first game was exclusive to the console(and still is to this day) and the 2nd was a timed exclusive.

The vast majority of hax & slash games get released upon a Western platform in addition to Japanese ones

in the beginning the Xbone had some average Psycho Pass VN that soon became multiplatform as their its only Japanese exclusive lmao

The Japanese don't really consume non-Japanese *media*, by and large.

And a lot more of them are already on PlayStation, what's your point? Xbox gets some of the leftovers so it's worth buying? Bill Gates needs the money I'm sure so keep shilling for free. PlayStation also sucks btw it just has more exclusives so theres somewhat of a reason to buy one

You guys underestimate how it would be simply inconvenient and annoying for Japs
>be a Jap gamer
>want to play a popular baseball game
>not on xbox
>want to play dying light 2
>not localized to japanese on xbox
>want to play a new dragon quest game
>have to wait a year on xbox

nips have a strong sense of soul in hardware design

it's why they hate microsoft and love apple

Except that the characters are ugly for their taste. As in many other western games

The point is that the games Xbox misses out on are miniscule, so it's not that much of an argument.
It doesn't get 100% of the games nor produce any exclusives of the type itself, but it's not that far away either.

They don't hate Xbox however Japan has a very "Japan first" ideology so they will favor companies that are from their own country. On top of this Xbox is heavily focused on multiplayer while Playstation appeals more to the crowd that single player games.

Attached: 1620498024623.jpg (1682x1848, 367.37K)

>Except that the characters are ugly for their taste.
How would you know?
There is no other game on the original Xbox that looks like Fable.

Because Fable has always been an ugly game

People in this thread r idiots
It failed on philsophy, not any other reason.
I just fucking listed gaijin shit that sells in jp.
And og xbox was way before their fps/halo reputation.
Had they bowed to sega's advice properly they would have been seen as a respectable sega replacer.
And despite trash sales, nippon devs kept going to xbox for experimental games. 360m@ster, ffxi (before us suits killed the deal), the silent hill failure, sega signing that xbox exclusivity deal, etc etc

>listening to the chucklefucks in Sega
>ever