Game demos

>what was the last demo you played?
>did you end up/plan on buying the full game?

Attached: nintendo-64-kiosk-n64-mcdonalds.jpg (878x971, 131.71K)

DQ Builders 2 demo.
Yes.

>Things you can't have in a society with niggers

Alien on the Run demo sold me on the game. I can safely say that more demos have sold me than not.

imagine how filthy and those controllers are
absolutely covered in fecal matter and viruses

Triangle Strategy. And yes I did.

Ever touched a doorknob?

unfortunately

like the last demo kiosk I remember seeing in a walmart

Attached: nintendo-ds-kiosk-new-super-mario-bros-.jpg (1920x2560, 769.08K)

before my time

but damn kinda cool

Attached: M2YHUc5.png (326x500, 314.03K)

actually it was like one of the few things to keep them quiet for a little while before they started arguing about who gets to play next. but it was like a bolted in baby sitter in stores and mcdonalds

Most of them eventually had the analog sticks broken.

never seemed to slow the nigglets down

Last demo I played was for Kirby Forgotten Land, and I ended up getting it.

My favorite experience with a demo was playing Super Mario Odyssey at E3 2017. Waited in line for hours, but it was so much fun to see everyone having a blast with it, and then finally getting to take a shot at it myself.

playing n64 is a lot like playing jazz sax

my last demo was the free download thing of pokemon sun and moon

as far as demos go it was trash

but fuck, I still got the game

wonder if the employees ever played that shit on break back then

no one did demos like the ps1

Attached: demo%20disc%20packaging.jpg (620x349, 70.64K)

they were magic man, even more special when you had a level from the game that wasnt in the final version

Trigon. I ended ip buying it after the demo.

>there was literal shit when i played in one of these

howd you get inside one

I remember playing odd world at target and new I wanted a Playstation ever since. Too bad they shit the bed after ps2

Last demos I played were the demos on my wii u kiosk, it has like 20 games on it.
>did you end up buying the full game
No I bought the entire kiosk.

Attached: 20211126_142200.jpg (3024x4032, 1.95M)

I played the demo for Trepang 2 about a month or two ago. It actually made me less interested in the game. The trailer makes it look like the follow up to F.E.A.R. I've been waiting for, but the current gameplay just isn't all that great.

holy shit, that's awesome. how did you got it?

Bought it from a game store through a marketplace site. I got a bunch of other kiosks too.

are they store demo locked or were you able to make them run like a regular machine?

I played a winnie the pooh game on this

Nice.

They are physically locked, I had to learn how to pick locks and make keys to open my kiosks.
As for the console itself, the wii u kiosk can be set to also accept retail games if you go into the kiosk menu ( simply boot it up with an SD card inserted ).
However the actual console is in the base of the unit below a hatch, and bolted to the floor with the disc slot not really accessible, so using it with retail games is kind of a bitch to be honest.

Have some more kiosk pics of the shit I have.

Attached: demopods-kiosks and keys.jpg (3201x4647, 2.45M)

>super famibox
jealous as hell. I had one in my hands and said "lol why would I ever want this I emulate" and gave it to someone else.

Sorry to hear that man.
Some guy in my country imported a couple dozen from a hotel chain in Japan that was selling all their shit, and he's been distributing them here.
Good shit man, really good. I managed to make some keys for it and fix the internals of the programming lock to make it 100% functional again.

amazing. that's one hell of a collection you got user. congrats!!

>missing thumbstick
Always. But the last demo I played wasssssssss, do betas count? if so, mw2019 and yeah I bought it.

Thanks man! I've got a DS kiosk with a stop sign and streetlight that's not on there, since it doesn't use keys, a Super Famicom 21" sharp tv, and a new 3DS kiosk that's a tiny countertop model as well, new stuff.

Attached: 20210727_144241.jpg (3024x4032, 1.66M)

>those keys
Soul

FF7 remake
never bought it, played it at my brother's place and 100%ed it

Zoomer here, what's a "demo?"

Attached: 1632665346786.gif (498x409, 2.61M)

Been a while so dead rising 1 on xbox 360 and yes I got it. One of my favorite games ever yet every game after it sucked, including 2.
I've seen the tv with the built in ps2, is this thing more rare?

going into games machine

lol @ doctors trying to put me on meds when I was a child because they found it strange I didn't do gross shit like pee my pants in class, pick my nose, wipe shit on walls, etc.

Tough call, the Sony Bravia PS2 was only released in Europe, I have one of those as well, so there aren't a whole lot of those? Didn't sell that well either.
On the other hand, the Super Famicom Sharp TVs only sold in Japan, and are over 30 years old. While I'm sure they sold better than then PS2 TV, I'm not sure how many have survived now. They're also much harder to import because they're a big heavy CRT and that's generally really bad news to ship.
I'd probably say the Super Famicom Sharp TV is more rare for those reasons?

Bonus tiny kiosk.

Attached: 20220424_221327.jpg (4032x3024, 2.63M)

Those are traits of autism. NOT doing them is normal.

amazing. that's so japan and perfect!!

Motorstorm, when the PS3 just was released. I'm not into racing games, so i didn't buy it, but i was impressed by the graphics at the time.

Neon White on Steam. The game isn't out yet but I'll definitely buy it if it's not too expensive.

Really? It felt a little underbaked to me. Not horrible but I can't imagine myself buying it before it's on deep discount.

The last game demo i played was from a company called Kairosoft. It's a simulation game that allows you to create your own city and then run it like an actual business. You can buy land, build houses, manage the population, research new technology, etc. I forgot the name of the game unfortunately. But one thing about it is that it has a very detailed map editor.
It's pretty amazing how they managed to make such a complex system so easy to use. They have tons of tutorials on their website but even without them, it's still really simple to figure out how to do stuff. I'm not sure if this is just because they're Japanese or what, but it's definitely something worth noting. The map editor in particular is awesome because you don't need any special tools to edit maps.
One disturbing aspect about the demo was when you booted it up, there were ads for other games at the bottom of the screen. I thought they were trying to sell me a bunch of other Kairosoft games, but none of them were Kairosoft games. So apparently, there are third-party companies who are making money off of Kairosoft games. It's kind of sad, but hey, at least they're getting some money out of it.

>Never played Monkey ball but heard of it in Nintendo Power, remember the all the good reviews the games had
>One of these machines in McDonalds had a Monkey Ball game for play
>Try it out getting super excited
>Soon get to a level with a huge spiral, no way to fall off but a lot of ground to cover before the goal
>Can't beat this level no matter how hard I try, always run out of time
>Get upset and think Monkey Ball is a bad game for over a decade
>Finally try the game again when I'm an adult
>Baffled at how much faster I can move, ends up that the Monkey Ball machine I was playing with had a broken analog stick that barely worked so I was basically walking the whole time

Do you have an N-Gage Kiosk?

No, I don't even have a normal N-gage, for some reason I can't seem to find one.

Shame, I remember that thing being pretty neat even if the games were shit. It was pretty small too and could fit on a desk iirc

Really? I've never seen one in person, but I've seen photos of a standing N-gage kiosk, not the countertop version.

US Gamestops had desktop/countertop displays exclusively. Pretty much everywhere else (phone stores, toy shops, etc) had the standing displays.

Now you want a RARE piece of shit, try to get hold of a gizmondo and display kiosk. lmao.

My local EB Games had the standing version. I remember playing spiderman on it.

Attached: DkD73i9.jpg (1793x4032, 1002.69K)

Lol, yeah, not even gonna try, I don't even go for the more available xbox kiosks, I try to limit myself to Nintendo and Sony, these fuckers take up a lot of space.
That does look sexy though.

Chorus. Wanted to see how it ran on PS4 and while it seemed completely fine I think i'm going to wait until I get a PS5 to buy that one.
But it did confirm for me that the controls felt nice

I had one of those phones but for the life of me I can't remember a single one of the games.

Have you tried speedrunning the levels? Finding optimal routes, trying things out and going up on the leaderboards are where the fun is located in my opinion, if you're just looking to blast through the game then it might not be worth your while. It's an instabuy for me as long as it's 30$ or less and it has a good amount of levels.

Tactical Nexus. I probably would have bought the game even if I didn't like it, just to show my respect for the dev's autism.

Hypercharge Unboxed. And yeah, but it's multiplayer is pretty dead. I loved giant room maps in Unreal 2004 though.