I am Renna the witch

>I am Renna the witch
>No actually my name is Ranni

What the fuck was the point of this "twist"?

Attached: fmlgngpvcacmvf4.jpg (1199x675, 144.64K)

I love my wife Ranni!

Attached: 1643767464472.jpg (4096x2300, 1.34M)

When she was a living empyrean, Renna was her mentor. After she started her scheme and took the doll form, she didn't want to immediately reveal her secret origin to just anyone, so she claimed to be her mentor instead of the traitorous god.

All of the twists in Elden Ring were dogshit and serve no purpose. You're playing a nameless murderer who shreds his way through a punch of stupid bosses, why the fuck would you give a single shit about who is who and some trans reveal?

>I am Margit the Fell Omen
>No actually my name is Morgott

What the fuck was the point of this "twist"?

Attached: morgott-the-omen-king.jpg (2521x2159, 639.99K)

its a theme that characters have a twin or a second identity.
>margit/morgot
>godfrey / godfroy
>that blind girl who died in weeping peninsula / the eye eater
might learn why in a DLC

Please be patient. She has autism

One thing that irks me about Renna being the name of the Ice Witch is the fact that she's supposed to be a completely unrelated character yet somehow the name Renna not only follows carian naming conventions but is also basically Rennala with the last two letters missing
For me Renna's rise is just her mom's tower, considering the ice crone was Ranni's "secret mentor" I doubt she'd get a tower of her own

she's autistic please understand

Attached: 1646534616470.jpg (1650x990, 1.62M)

>hello Tarnished, my name is Tigram

Attached: 1b5.png (400x400, 272.46K)

You're a nobody at first so she just throws out a fake name because she doesn't give a shit. Once you get more involved with her she tells you her real name. It's not any more deep than that.

Miyazaki is a hack, please understand.

variants of Rennala are probably popular names amongst Liurnian denizens

>One thing that irks me about Renna being the name of the Ice Witch
Well good thing this isn't confirmed then

And there's another random boss named Margot.

She was a wanted ghost so she lied about her identity when leaving the safety of the royal manor

My question is why did she de-age the doll instead of keeping a based hag appearance

The carian timeline itself barely makes sense anyway.

they should have gave him a title for his boss fight name like just
>The Fell Omen
the name Margit feels so unnecessary and just make brainlets not realize Morgott is the same guy you fought at the start

Renna is supposed to be the frost witch who taught Rani magic.
Rani is using her name for -LORE- reasons

In what way ? I went over the thing some time ago and it seemed ok, Rennala is just really, really old supposedly

probably because of the guy who made the doll

Attached: 1647065497183.png (1048x970, 303.01K)

This

Ranni rhymes with cunny

this man gets it

Attached: 1647790637895.jpg (872x1280, 608.04K)

It really doesn't.

It really annoys me that many of the major characters names in Elden Ring begin George RR Martina initials. Makes a lot of the names blend together and when I first started playing I kept forgetting which character NPCs were taking about. Playing it a second time is a lot better for this but I still think there should have been more variety in the names.

Fucking GAT EM! You thought she was called Renna IDIOT, she was pretending the whole time! You got fucking japed

>who cares what is happening just look at the pretty colors
spoken like a true NPC

>margit / morgott / margot / moghwyn
>godfrey / godrick / godefroy
>ranni / renna / rennala
This is just fucking retarded.

>wow, a new boss
>and it's Margit again
Why did they had to reuse bosses so much, my biggest complaint about this game is this

The god guys are okay, they're a dynasty so it's not totally retarded that they'd have a tradition in naming.

Because you’re not fighting literal bosses you’re fighting important game characters.
It’s not like asylum demon, fire asylum demon, asylum demon under the asylum, and it’s all just filler shit.
Morgot is a being in this world. Mohg is a being in this world. They’re seperate people of the same race. So of course they look similar. But they have different attacks, different backstory, different locations etc

It's not a "twist" its just not particularly safe for a demigod to go around saying "hey its me the demigod" to demigod killers.

Every single one of these are from the Marika dynasty including godfreys kids, he was just a consort after all.

Way to miss the point of my post dumbass.

Hey, it's me, Godefroy the Grafted
please don't confuse me with Godrick the Grafted!

Attached: 1629795637882.png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

So is everyone on some Racer X shit in this game?

Wait you fight him again? Where at?

There is like 3 "ooh thats how it is" with this reveal
>ooh so that is why morgott was the veiled monarch
>oooh so thats why a non retard omen like margitt was defending godrick
>oooh so even the main royal family had omen born.
But i guess we needed a 30 minute info dump about morgott and omens so you could get his character.

Evergaol in Altus Plateau

The point of your post is as round as you are; you don't have one, you Ronnie Roundhead

cannot wait to fight gudfrike the grafted in the dlc
gonna be fucking eoic

outing yourself as an ESL kek

Doubling down on being retarded is pretty funny, I'll give you that.

his gaol is to the right of the great lift of dectus up in leyndell

not again, this is the only time you ever fight Godefroy™ the Grafted®

I believe Gideon namedrops Ranni as a shardbearer for you to hunt down before you meet her again. And Rogier's quest points you towards Ranni without implying that she is the witch you met at the church. Along with some hints in Raya Lucaria about her, similarly without the implication that Renna=Ranni.

Literally the exact opposite Gideon doesn't care because she doesn't have a great rune

Well honestly it is pretty nice gimmick to fight the boss and then fight him later against now at full power. Just like with champ gundyr. The only issue is that morgott in leyndell is too damn weak. Yes he has cool moves but by the time you reach him you already overleveled him. While skipping everything other than godrick and academy.
But if you also clear Caelid, Nokron, the other Nokron, volcano manor and maybe even the toilets, you will literally three shot him.
This guy should have been a real gatekeeper. With buffed damage and like 5 times as much hp

but does he namedrop Ranni as a demigod before you meet her again, even if he dismisses her as a target? I can't remember.

using a bleed build or Comet Azur cheese doesn't mean you overleveled him, user

He only talks about Ranni during the second batch of demigods like Malenia or Mohg

you faggots aren't retarded enough to be filtered by naming conventions, right?

Attached: 1633362973562.jpg (528x543, 29.28K)

So you know that the first time you beat them wasn't actually a fluke and you're improving.

when does that dialogue option show up? After Rennala or after Morgott?

No. Just normal weapon upgraded to +8 or something. I used estoc

Its a pointless twist that makes no sense at all.

I think the writers just mixed up the real names in the script and realized when they were doing the voiceovers but they couldnt change it.

becuase these "twists" add nothing, its just makes everything confusing and dumb, its like they rolled with a mistake just to trick people into thinking this is some deep lore shit when its in fact just a fucking mistake.

Pretty sure it was during the capital but not sure if it was before or after beating Morgott

>character uses fake name because she is hunted by assassins
>this is hard for fags to understand

an extremely powerful person who "disappeared" and is working against the main powers of the world using a false identity makes perfect sense

>NOOOO IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL JUST IGNORE THE LORE REASON WHY SHE'S HIDING
>MARGIT? THAT'S LITERALLY LIKE MORGOTT THAT MAKES NO SENSE JUST IGNORE THE LORE REASON WHY MORGOTT DOESN'T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW HIS REAL IDENTITY
you're just retarded

What do aliases matter when the world is almost completely destroyed and everyone is a zombie

She's basically being chased, so she's not very keen on revealing her true identity.
When you reach her in her tower, she thinks you can't possibly just strut in for fun and are there to aid her, so she reveals herself.
Margit is an illusion made by Morgott, who doesn't want to reveal himself to his Subjects because they wouldn't have accepted an Omen as their leader.
Godfrey/Godefroy are actually just retarded. This random dude who somehow looks the exact same as Godfrey marched towards the capital and wanted to take it over. Yet he's insignificant enough that he eaily got locked in an evergaol ready for you to kill him.

Yes because switching one letter from your name and not change anything about your appearance will certainly deceive people right?

>and not change anything about your appearance
Speedreader-kun...

>not change anything about your appearance
did you not find her real body?

I'd add:
>Malenia /Millicent
>Ranni/Melina
>Trina/Miquella
>Marika/Radagon

Can I get into the Capitol without fighting the red lighting guy on the horse? He's kicking my ass.

It's not really a twist, it'd be a twist if it was revealed right at the end or something.

Why does it feel like the only reason this guy existed is because From autistically wanted to use every character GRRM namedropped in his lore infodump

Attached: 1648958350729.png (337x322, 204.29K)

You only need two great runes, so yes

Renna looks exactly the same as Ranni
Margit looks exactly the same as Morgott

I mean let's be fucking real here. He's a huge abomination looking creature. Changing 2 letters in your name isn't going to conceal your fucking identity.

What I don't get is why the fuck there is a random Margit in the middle of the road in atlus plateau?

>They literally do not change their appereance at all despite having the magic to do so.
>DUDE YOU JUST DONT GET IT THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND JUST WANTED TO HIDE

Do you even look at your posts before making them?

Yes, there are two(?) other entrances

I just respeccd to str fai and have never used faith in any souls game ever since importing the asian version of demon's souls from play asia back on the ps3. What are some key incantations I should pick because holy shit there are a lot.

Attached: 20220504183938_1.jpg (1920x1080, 265.73K)

>The only issue is that morgott in leyndell is too damn weak
This.
I always explore everything I can in a new area, so by the time I reached him I had already completed every dungeon on all the areas before Leyndell (besides that high level area in Caelid). And I beat him in my first try using only my Claymore that wan't even upgraded that much.
I had more trouble with Margit.

Because he's the lord of Leyndell and he appears at the gates to Leyndell to stop you, just like he tried to stop you in Limgrave

Jesus christ you really did speedread. Ranni is living inside a doll body, that's not how she used to look at all
And Morgott's real identity is unkown, no one knows how Morgott looks like, no one knows he's an omen

Just a little trolling.

What? Where?

Did you know notice how Renna the witch is literally the same as Lunar princess Ranni?????

Fucking retard.

Ranni's puppet body is nothing like her real body
No one knows what Morgott looks like
NO ONE KNOWS WHAT MORGOTT LOOKS LIKE

But he's also inside wtf?

Why doesnt she name herself ranni at the church of Elleh is she is already concealed from her original body then? What does that change?

I've beaten Godrick and Ranni, but the door at the top of the stairs is still locked. I need a second great rune, so I've got to climb another tower right? There's one in Caelid I don't know how to get in and it turns out the Dukes Archives place (study hall?) doesn't go as high as I thought.

Do you think people were given photos of them or something? Ranni literally uses a doll based on her old master and has discarded her real body. Morgott is an omen and has spent his entire life banished into the sewers, which as you might figure, weren't exactly bustling with visitors.

YEP, THIS TOTALLY LOOKS LIKE RENNA THE WITCH TO ME

Attached: 1620509904801.jpg (2560x1440, 412.66K)

>Hello my name is Ranni
>Yes I have the same name as a demigod what a coincidence teehee :)
Really?

Who is this then?

Attached: image_2022-05-04_194443601.png (727x729, 638.97K)

I'm not the same user, but from a writing perspective those are really stupid "reveals". It feels like Miyazaki wrote the game for Martin, and not with players in mind. We don't get enough buildup on any of the characters that are actually someone else for it to ever matter.
If Martin was the one who created Morgott, seeing a character called Margit, who is an Omen and is guarding Godrick raises questions, it makes him wonder if he's perhaps Morgott's blood, or what exactly may be going on. Then, upon seeing the reveal that Margit is actually Morgott, Veiled King keeping his identity secret, it clicks. For new players, it's just more context, it won't "click". It's a pointless reveal because it never made sense for it to be hidden from us in the first place.
By the time you learn that Renna is actually Ranni, you don't know who the fuck Renna or Ranni are. You're just getting to know them. But Martin knows, he knows Ranni the Tranni is an empyrean, he knows she's Radagon's offspring, he knows she was part of what initiated the shattering.
Miyazaki is too much of a fanboy, and his writing suffered because of it.

You’d have to be a lobotomite to not get theyre the same person

I bet it was George's idea
>Aemon/Aeron/Daemon/Daeron/Baelon
>Aelor/Aegor
>Aerys/Aenys/Viserys/Daenerys/Jaehaerys

Morgott can project himself onto others. He seems to do this so he can hold down the capital and hunt down threats to the Order at the same time. The one outside the gates is just a random soldier until you get close. You can even see him turn back into the random soldier when you kill him there

Yes? Morgott, the real Morgott, lord of Leyndell is at the foot of the Erdtree, where the thrones stand. He also projects himself to stop you. It's not *really* him there, just look at the way he appears.

It was supposed to be a mistery, but her ending was the easiest to get, just go north of liurnia and kill everything on your path and wow, you discovered her ending path, its probably the easiest alternate ending in all soulsborne games.

her armor description said she based the doll's looks off her old mentor the ice witch

I haven't gone inside the capital yet but this seems like bullshit. The capital has a few items I need for my build and when I checked it seemed to me it's next to impossible to enter Leyndell without killing the dragon knight boss blocking the entrance. The only other way I saw/read was to glitch your way there with some warping and quitting/reloading trick, but that apparently fucks up a ton of game and quest progression when you do it.

You didnt answer my question

>It was supposed to be a mistery
No no it wasn't
Next time you met her she's like "I believe I said my name was Renna last time we met" she doesn't even remember
I don't know why you autists are acting like this is supposed to be some big reveal, it isn't

there's a teleporter in the underground, and the elevator from that one trap chest activates at some point (don't know exactly when, but for me it was before I fought the Draconic Tree Sentinel) that can take you down

that's not a twist, she's just hiding her identity
really badly, but still

you didn't check very hard, then

I've seen too many people not realizing that Maliketh is Gurranq, so I'm sure it's full of people out there who didn't realize Margit is Morgott

>Swap one letter, do not alter your looks in any way
>Somehow this hides your identity
>Fromdrones will eat this up as if it is some major plot twist and not some dumb shit poorly thought out.

Christ almighty.

I got there thought Deeproot Depths. Didn't even find the boss at the entrance until much later after I had already cleared Leyndell.

>do not alter your looks in any way
But Ranni did alter her looks, heavily in fact, she looks nothing like she used to before she killed herself
And in Morgott's case no one knows how he looks like

He's sucks, the trick is to be on horse when he starts lighting the ground, only good way to dodge.