When you think about it, Toby Fox is the Quentin Tarantino of video games

When you think about it, Toby Fox is the Quentin Tarantino of video games.

>started in the indie scene, and has since risen to a respectable place in the video game industry to the point that he has collaborated with Nintendo
>is a huge nerd who fills his games with references to other games
>writes dialogue by treating his characters as if they were real people and letting them have conversations in his head
>is left-wing
>is a weeb
>both writes and directs his own stuff

Attached: 1618601620092.jpg (600x804, 75.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iIowwZThIXM
youtube.com/watch?v=-WyKbbP8ft0
youtube.com/watch?v=wDgQdr8ZkTw
youtube.com/watch?v=C382wc4StOw
youtube.com/watch?v=nHiYTYkqWCE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>is left wing
Then why does Yea Forums love him so much?

Suda is the Tarantino of vidya.

>>is left-wing
That's like 95% of the film industry and 99% of the video game industry.

Because Yea Forums is one of the more politically neutral boards, and Yea Forums's opinion of Toby is actually pretty mixed. Some of the people here stan him, but others call him a plagiarist and a hack (accusations which I think are unfounded personally).

When you think about it, Sans is essentially the Samuel L Jackson of video games

>Fox's early work consisted primarily of composing music, notably doing so for the webcomic Homestuck

Attached: UBWiC1X.jpg (399x388, 23.63K)

No QTs released 9 films in multiple genres, Toby's released 3 games all in the same genre if anything hes closer to a movie director that only makes one genre of film

Yea Forums is a progressive left wing board, just look at how often we talk about trannies

Tranny game creator

Where's the REST OF THE FUCKING GAME TOBY

I love 'em.

I hate 'em.

You will never be the Redditbob poster

is he a furry? I get furry vibes from him.

Tranny enabler

I don't know if he's a furry, but he knows a lot of his fans are and he's supportive of them.

Attached: cGV3WRry9XLsF6J-JwFcRUNOGcRQrbVIZcIuuK22gII.png (680x846, 142.58K)

>fan of Order of the Stick
Uh oh he might hate moralfags

THE GAME

You mean massively overrated and has done his medium a disservice by inspiring legions of imitators?

I meh 'em

Did Tarantino self plagiarize by releasing the same songs over and over?
youtube.com/watch?v=iIowwZThIXM
youtube.com/watch?v=-WyKbbP8ft0
youtube.com/watch?v=wDgQdr8ZkTw

>self plagiarize

Attached: 54b.png (296x231, 102.48K)

Toby strikes me as the kind of guy that doesn't do the fandom thing but most definitely jacks it to furries and his entire social sphere is also furries and anime freaks

Hes an even bigger hack than that. Im not sure which one i hate more

No need to believe me, look it up, you'll see it's actually a thing

So is Koji Kondo a "self-plagiarist" because he's made many different remixes of the Mario theme?

Tranniebros…we did it

Does Temmie send him feet pics?

Attached: temmie 1.jpg (1536x2048, 354.98K)

A part of me feels bad for Toby. His first game achieved astronomical success which is great, but because of that he's taken on a very reclusive and formal presentation online now. He can't be himself much anymore and everything embarrassing thing he did as a teenager/in his early 20s is paraded around everywhere because of his games' fervent fanbase wanting to dig up anything it can about him.

Super Mario Brothers 3 are allowed to return to motifs and themes from Super mario Brothers 1. I'll even say that the individual motif Kondo is known for is allowed because musically it is already hallmarked as his musical signature, but if he had an entire signature song that played for a different character each game then that wouldn't make sense. The song was used for Dr. Andonuts in the EB hack, so now that it's being used as San's battle music makes no sense, it's recycled. It'd be like if Kondo wrote the Airship theme to Mario 3 and then just copy+pasted it for a Zelda dungeon in aLttP.

watch me

Attached: 1629248655873.png (947x720, 615.77K)

He actually did do that.
youtube.com/watch?v=C382wc4StOw
youtube.com/watch?v=nHiYTYkqWCE

But using Megalovania as Sans' battle theme is kind of an easter egg because you're not supposed to fight Sans in the first place.

>99% of the video game industry
Nintendo is not left-wing.

nobody cares since his games are fun to talk about.

Suda strikes me more the movie director that consistently makes middling to above average movies, but it's pretty clear that his early career was the golden age of his career and his work ever since then is trying to recapture what made the first movies great.

I don't really have an analogy for toby.

I don't really, but I'm biased because I like being user

>being this delusional

How are they not?

Yep. I don't think he'll ever make something as kino as Killer7 ever again.

They are a conservative kyoto company.

They're apolitical, that doesn't mean they're conservative.

Nuh uh I said reusing music from SMB3 to aLttP, OOT doesn't count
nah nah nah boo boo stick your head in doo doo

How are they conservative?

>They're apolitical
You have confused conservative desire to not shove politics down kids face as apolitical.

Doesnt mean their left wing either

Who's the Andrew Hussie of vidya?

Attached: 1651405198763.png (2108x1644, 1.65M)

>Toby Fox is the Quentin Tarantino of video games
Yeah, I don't give two shits about either one of those just the same.
also undertale/deltarune are for literal trannies/tranny enablers.

Self-plagiarism only means anything in the specific context where you are required to do unique work and are not allowed to re-use your own previous work.
This applies to classwork and sometimes scientific research, but almost nothing else.
Nobody is getting pissed at Gary Oldfield for Tubular Bells.

Holy shit, I don't play much Zelda but even I have heard this theme a hunderd times and it never clicked to me that it's the Water Land map theme. I feel retarded.
That said yeah, I would describe this as self plagiarism. References and nods are one thing but media recycled akin to an asset flip is gauche. Still, he did it convincingly at least.
>But using Megalovania as Sans' battle theme is kind of an easter egg because you're not supposed to fight Sans in the first place.
Well by the game's logic yeah it isn't supposed to happen, but genocide mode wasn't meant to be a secret, right? Not like So Sorry-levels of tucked away. I get that it's semantics but I don't know how public genocide running was when the game first released.

>Super Mario: Pro-Monarchist, damsel-in-distress, emphasis of natural order over equality
>Legend of Zelda: Pro-Monarchist, damsel-in-distress, emphasis of natural order over equality, aryan hero
You should have seen the Capcom leaks shitting on Nintendo

That's just fairy tale shit. People should be allowed to make games that take place in kingdoms without being called "pro-monarchist".

And Mario has essentially no story. Aside from the Paper Mario games.

>Gary Oldfield
Derp, I meant Mike Oldfield. Mixed him up with Gary Oldman, probably.

Find a way to pin Mass Effect 3 on one person. Right down to the DLC "continue to build your legend!" shit being analogous to the epilogues, and further abuse of the Mass Effect property's corpse being analogous to HS^2.

The ones praising abby right? That was hilarious in retrospect

>Makes phenomenon with enormous fanbase.
>Tackles on a big project halfway through
>Burns out
>Shit the bed on the ending
>Starts hating own property and fanbase
>Make awful sequels fulled by pure vitriol
>Turns into a joke
>Has a midlife crisis
>5 years later, phenomenon is completely dead and forgotten
>Becomes a literal clown
Honestly, Hussie is in a league of his own.

Attached: [clown around town].jpg (345x527, 69.4K)

Perhaps it's not requiring legal ramifications but it's still pretty lazy, poor form, and as an artist confuses your works, wouldn't you say? I think it's something to consider. I can't appreciate Megalovania San's version as San's theme like the world can because I've heard Megalovania so many times before Sans even existed to the public, it gives me a bad taste.

>People should be allowed to make games that take place in kingdoms without being called "pro-monarchist"
It's far more than that, the defense and restoration of the monarchy (as in Wind Waker) is a central theme of both series.

>guy who creates a template for you to RP your own sessions as an easy in to fuck other convention dorks
good question

You have confused corporate apolitical money-seeking as conservatism.
Most corporations are only as "conservative" as they need to be to maximize profit.

if frank zappa was a millenial catboy

is Moot the Andrew Hussie of image boards?

Attached: file.png (464x2726, 194.49K)

Wind Waker is as left-wing as it gets. It's about how Ganondorf's nostalgia for Hyrule is bad and ruining the lives of everyone who forgot about it already and the King admits he's just as bad as Ganondorf for wanting to bring it back. It's a tragic ending, yes, but the message is that what's best for everyone is to move on from Hyrule.

notch

>You have confused corporate apolitical money-seeking as conservatism.
No, no I haven't. I have looked at their works, the books written by Reggie and the statements of other companies like Capcom.
>T-THEY'RE NOT CONSERVATIVE BECAUSE THEY DON'T SHOVE EXTREME POLITICS IN KIDS FACE
Stop.

>it's still pretty lazy, poor form, and as an artist confuses your works, wouldn't you say?
No, I wouldn't say, and tons of artists and musicians revisit previous works and themes a lot.

vriska's 80 pound titties

I didn't stutter. Why are you pretending that I did?

>plagiarism
>gives himself a self felatio' in every product he makes
>paraphilia
>overrated to the stratostosphere

>Wind Waker is as left-wing as it gets
???
>Ganondorf's nostalgia for Hyrule
What am I reading? He wanted to conquer Hyrule and it was flooded in response.

you do have to kind of admit that there's unusual amount of conservative children with opinions on abortion, gun control, and immigration though

Then Nintendo sits on the fence.

It literally ends with the goddess rescinding the floods becouse the evil was vanquished. You know like in the bible where Noah survives on the ark for 40 days

Shit I meant to reply here instead

Yeah and the King wanted to bring Hyrule back, but he learns to give up on that dream because all it will do is make everyone on the ocean's lives miserable. He commits suicide because he can't live without Hyrule, but he also wants to give everyone a better life without binding them to a time they never knew. This is the exact opposite of what fascists want.

I can't agree, look up Capcom's leaks, several Iwata asks pushing Romanticism, and Reggie's discussion about their extremely conservative management.

The directionbrains are just /pol/ leakage and aren't really here to discuss video games unless it's the outrage of the month with a black guy being in a trailer or whatever

I fucking hate teenagers.

Attached: 1651333041034.png (249x270, 137.5K)

>ends with the goddess rescinding the floods
No the fuck it didn't? What game were you playing? It ends with the King wishing for Hyrule to be totally destroyed, so the goddesses flood Hyrule's sunken ruins.

>mentions facists in a Zelda game
Oh I see your an american with brain worms

If Elton John one day decided to revisit "Can Feel the Love Tonight" from the Lion King soundtrack, perhaps for the rerelease of the OST CD, maybe for personal experimentation, that's one thing. If he remastered the song then sold it to Disney to be put into the next movie (Aladdin, Lion King 2, pick your poison) I would say that's what a hack would do.

Rightoids can't create art, for if someone's virtue is to maintain and follow the status quo, how could they evolve or challenge it?

He sacrifices the material for the future of his children. This is not left-wing.
>FASCISTS WANT
>if you are not far-left progressive you are a Fascist
Oh fuck off.

He gives up his nostalgia for a "golden age" to give a better life for people who have no connection to it. That is absolutely left-wing.