Elden Ring Lore Thread

Post your schizo theories.

Attached: 5645456786765.jpg (1458x1077, 1.68M)

bump

bumper

>bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump
MIQUELLA
>bump bump bump bump

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.61M)

Sellen did nothing wrong

Attached: FR4XpjZaMAAWN74.jpg (1715x2048, 813.9K)

please read the new section on the right from top to bottom

thank you to those that gave me feedback to make this possible

Attached: inbound9010746431491674663.png (3092x8000, 2.1M)

If the source of the apostles black flame has been locked in a chest in caelid for years why can apostles on the other side of the continent cast black flame still?

The Lands Between are a different dimension and the entire game is really an Isekai.

>Sellen did nothing wrong
She was practically laughing and shouting, "Now I'll show them! I'll show them all!"
Her death was assured

What is a tarnished? I tried to look for it but only got vague responses

Those who followed godrick after he was banished from the land between. I think.

You

imagine getting turned into a craven mass for this bitch's experiment only for her to get herself balled in the end

AMATERASU

from what i understand its people who recieved the elden tree's grace because the greater will wanted a new elden lord, while not being worthy of it, thus being looked down upon

But why did they put in so many statues of them hugging all over the tree though

Attached: 97916565_p13.jpg (2048x2048, 749.21K)

Then why do sites of grave still work when the tree goes up in flames after Fire Giant?

The Malenia vs Radahn cutscene is a false story. What actually happened is that Malenia encased Radahn inside a giant aeonian flower with herself and he slammed his dick so hard in her pussy she squirted rot in the entire land of Caelid

Attached: 1651426878447.png (714x531, 709.58K)

Propaganda
"We're poor defenseless children that just need love"
Notice they're only hugging each other, never embracing one of the maligned non-humans they invite.

The original tarnished were Godfrey and his army, the ones you meet in the game mostly their descendants.

The reason Gransax attacked the capital was because the GW was siphoning the souls into itself and he tried to stop it.

glad nobody will ever take your deranged headcanon seriously

Radagon is Marika, but Marika is not Radagon

Members of Godfrey's war retinue who had their grace taken away- and with it, their immortality- so that they could be sent out to foreign realms to live and die until the Golden Order had need of them again, upon which they were resurrected, their Grace restored, and summoned back to the Lands Between so that they might again brandish the Elden Ring

same as any flame incantation? they all borrow power from something far away. btw before you nitpick this please do realize that even if you prove the sword wasn't imbued with DD that it doesn't matter, the apostles and queen still used DD in some way to enhance their flames and this has nothing to do with the "concept of death" being removed from the laws of nature

according to a poll about half the people in this thread understand what the Elden Ring actually does

So the godslayer greatsword can magically empower others even from great distances but its impossible destined death could have been empowering the black flame from a great distance?

Each of those other erdtrees in Elden Beast's lair represents other players/tarnished's games/worlds

Yea Forums is irrelevant desu

>btw before you nitpick this please do realize that even if you prove the sword wasn't imbued with DD that it doesn't matter
Ok so you admit that you just made that up with no basis, then? Cool.
It's almost like the game doesn't give us enough information to establish concrete facts about the various powerful forces throughout the game and since its all fucking fantasy magic anything could theoretically be true you fucking autist

The current Erdtree is built on top of the crucible tree from ancient times.

The Crucible tree was much bigger and its roots reached every corner of the lands between.

Attached: 55643rty.png (1593x5561, 3.1M)

from what is seen in the cinematic after you defeat maliketh we can infer that 1. the RoD can be used to enhance flames directly (as we do this with the flames on the Erdtree) and 2. you need to be in possession of the RoD to do this, finally 3. the RoD does have a long range it seems, as the Erdtree is quite a long ways away from Farum

So, to respond to your idea it's possible that perhaps the GEQ did something similar to the player. She has the RoD in her possession in some way (directly? imbued?) and used it's longe range to enhance her apostles flames from afar

But it would establish that Destined death, whatever it is, can passively effect the nature of a magical force just by its existing.

Or she just drew power from an unsealed destined death from anywhere in the world. There is nothing in the game which disproves this possibility.

i literally preface that part with "here's how i imagine this worked". it has some supporting evidence but it is not something directly stated by the game, if the reality is something different im fine with that and the rest of my image does not depend on this part fitting my hypothesis

no? see above and here all instances of DD being used are by someone in possession of it. it's never shown or mentioned that someone can use it remotely so there's no reason to believe it can be. in fact i would say maliketh needing to defeat the geq to seal DD is basically proof that the geq wasn't using it remotely

bump

I always thought it funny how the outer shell of the erdtree was gold and the hewn away inner section is brown. A tree grows outward in diameter and you can tell its age by counting rings. Yet only the very outside of it is gold.

actually even if that is true it is still completely different from the concept of death being removed from the laws of nature, and sealing it away is a different concept than removing it from the Elden Ring.... so Vaati is still wrong

Because the current erdtree was built on top of the crucible tree

>all instances of DD being used are by someone in possession of it. it's never shown or mentioned that someone can use it remotely so there's no reason to believe it can be.
The game is literally filled with magical forces people draw power from remotely. Forces in outer space.
>in fact i would say maliketh needing to defeat the geq to seal DD is basically proof that the geq wasn't using it remotely
I too can invent explanations based on theoretical scenarios that could have possibly happened. Perhaps Marika was not yet a god, and did not at the time have the power necessary to seal destined death. After all, DD was sealed at the founding of the golden order, when Marika assumedly ascended to godhood.

>Perhaps Marika was not yet a god, and did not at the time have the power necessary to seal destined death.
um, ok, but how is that evidence that the geq used it remotely?

Who said they commissioned them.
:^)

The gloam eyed queen has the powers of destined death because she had the rune of death on her being before Maliketh defeated her.

Anyways here is my personal theory:

The gloam eyed queen was the previous ruler of the lands between before Marika

She had the powers of destined death innate to her being. She delivered death to the fire giants. That's why their corpses have death blight on them

More importantly. The two fingers choose her as emperyan. Meaning that the greater will approved her rule as potential ruler of the lands between

Eventually, The gloam eyed queen was betrayed by her own sister, Marika. With the help of Maliketh. The gloam eyed queen was defeated and her powers sealed in Maliketh's black blade

But the gloam eyed queen never fully died. Her soul was incarnated into another entity, Melina the mysterious woman who seems to know everything about Marika

More importantly. The gloam eyed queen was Ranni's mentor. The doll that inhabits Ranni's soul was inspired in her mentor's appearance. She taught her everything about cold sorceries and the like. But more importantly, she taught Ranni about the rune of death

Ranni searched for a way to escape the ertree's subjugation through stealing the rune of death and free her soul from the erdtree

But why did she killed Godwyn? There is no reason for him to die. His death makes no sense in the assassination plot. Unless, he choose to sacrificed himself in order to save Ranni's soul from the ertree. Godwyn seems like that kind of man who would chose that

But why did he choose to sacrifice his own life for Ranni of all people? Because they were arranged married by the two fingers. Remember that Ranni was chosen to be an Emperyan by the two finger. And what does an Emperyan need to rule the lands between? First off, a shadow beast. We who her shadow is. But, who would be her consort? The most obvious answer would be Godwyn. He is Marika's favorite child after all

Attached: 665766787967.jpg (1920x1088, 313.47K)

Retarded theory since we know dragons ruled before the GO and Godfrey and Marika defeated the giants.

Confused.
So is the rune of death a part of the elden ring or not?
And if not, where did it come from and why is it so powerful?
Would this then imply that the GEQ was an Empyrean chosen by a Death God and ot the GW?
The same God the crows worship?
Which also ties back to Melina having a crow foot tattoo seal?

Am I correct in assuming the Dlc will focus on whatever this God is planning behind the scenes and why he's connected to Melina?

>gravity spell sign resembles a toroid

Attached: 1638435230233.jpg (871x1067, 341.91K)

If you do Seluvis’ questline does he die right after you try to betray Ranni?

yes

Yes, he dies when you either give ranni the potion or the fingerslayer blade

One question doesnt warrant its own thread so hear me out bros. I'm about 12 hours in. From what I understand I'm underleveled in vigor and I tried to spread levels between strength, dex, and int evenly like some type of fucking idiot. I know that never goes well in Souls games but I tried it anyway. I'm dying in a hit and a half to everything and doing no damage. Am I better off starting a new game at this point or should I continue this uphill battle?

So Ranni kills him for his treachery right? If you don’t conspire with him he tries to date rape Ranni himself?

This is just fanfiction at this point.
You also do not have any evidence to the contrary. Indeed, the game does not give us enough information to establish concrete answers to the largest questions. You say, 'people physically possess destined death in these examples'. I say 'there are many many examples of people drawing upon sources of magic power from anywhere in the world'. And that is all we have because there is no more information on the subject.

>She delivered death to the fire giants
didn't that war happen during the golden order?

>With the help of Maliketh. The gloam eyed queen was defeated
im not sure maliketh is stronger than an Elden Ring host god, nor if the GW would allow him to attack it

>Melina the mysterious woman who seems to know everything about Marika
of course she knows about her mom

>Melina is your own daughter by Marika (conceived before leaving the lands between)
>The mausoleum demigods are abortions of other tarnished and Marika
>Sites of Lost Grace are the grace taken from the tarnished by Marika and placed strategically through the lands between to guide future tarnished
>Malenia's scarlet bloom is full of little baby Malenias, but only one of them is real
>Trina is Miquella
>Malenias floating passage attack is canon interruptible by gravity magic, but Miyazaki is a hack
>Rebirth with Renala involves intercourse
>Every time Fia holds you is canon intercourse
>Every time Melina levels you up in person is intercourse
>Every time you use a spirit summons there is canon intercourse afterwards
>Every time Roderika upgrades your ashes is intercourse (Hewg watches)
>When you touch Hyetta with the flame its canon intercourse
>When you meet Zoraya in her snake form the first time you canon have sex with her afterwards
>Melina delivers destined death to you post-frenzy flame ending by seducing and riding you to completion before stabbing
>If you ask Marika, you can have a threesome with Radagon although she doesn't like this
>You can also have a foursome with Renala and she REALLY doesn't like this
>You can have a threesome with Radagon while Renala watches, Marika likes this but pretends she doesn't
>If Marika is in a good mood, she'll let you have sex with the Elden Beast at least once during your tenure as Elden Lord, the consequences of this are unclear

Why do Radahn's soldiers attack you?

If you can beat the raya lucaria acaemy dungeon you can respec.

This is kind of a stretch, desu.

Shit really? I beat the wolf boss there, should I be able to do it now?

>So is the rune of death a part of the elden ring or not?
not currently, and it's not certain if it ever was.
>And if not, where did it come from and why is it so powerful?
all the runes seem to be powerful, with varying sources
>Would this then imply that the GEQ was an Empyrean chosen by a Death God and ot the GW?
no it says she was chosen by her fingers

What i I told you that the gloam eyed queen rule's happened after the dragons but before the GO came in.

>So is the rune of death a part of the elden ring or not?
Yes
>And if not, where did it come from and why is it so powerful?
Because the rune of death is part of the natural order
>Would this then imply that the GEQ was an Empyrean chosen by a Death God and or the GW?
Neither, she was chosen by the two fingers
>The same God the crows worship?
Idk
>Which also ties back to Melina having a crow foot tattoo seal?
Melina is the vessel of the gloam eyed queen

>Every time Fia holds you is canon intercourse
This one is true I think

Reminder to make sure you back up a save before heading into ng+ for the inevitable dlc. You don’t want to get stuck in a ng+ old hunters scenerio and have to play through the game again

I'm not certain so to whether he canonically tries to roofy ranni if you don't help him, considering he needs the amber star to even attempt that. But it's likely she was already weary of his fickleness and waiting until she no longer needed him (he was the one who tipped Ranni and Blaidd off about the Fingerslayer Blade)

You've got to jump onto the struts connecting the broken stair case to the large courtyard directly outside the dogs bossroom.

Thanks user, you've probably saved me from days of headache

I'm pretty sure they're the same fucking tree, it just got hijacked and rooted out / grew differently.

It is pretty clear it's been infected by something, but the Erdtree's roots already spread everywhere in the Lands Between. The minor erdtrees aren't insignificant.

Yes but does the text say speccally which fingers?
Frenzied flame God would imply there can be different fingers representing different gods.

ok but can we agree that

>there are many many examples of people drawing upon sources of magic power from anywhere in the world

and

>the elden ring modifies the laws of reality based on its composition

are two entirely different things?

Or you could play a game with actual lore like Destiny....

the gravity symbol is kino, my favourite

>But why did she killed Godwyn? There is no reason for him to die.
Good theory up to this point. Godwyn was the original target of the assassination which was a collaboration between Ranni and Rykard. Godwyn was a favorite to succeed the throne due to his alleged heroism. For Rykard it was pure power play, but for Ranni this was about changing her fate. She killed herself at the same time Godwyn was assassinated to divide the rune of death's power, she survived in spirit, and Godwyn in flesh (if you can even call being a giant mutating tumor surviving).

>>Trina is Miquella
not even up for debate, the cut content with rhico the dreamer straight up says miquella is a dreamwalking sain trina

fromdrones are allergic to actual settings populated by actual, non-zombified people