FFXV

Who got fucked the most; Nomura or Tabata? I feel like Tabata was under an extremely tight deadline to deliver a AAA title that usually takes many years to develop.

Attached: luna-gentiana.jpg (811x1148, 880.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CNM6o9um1dc
siliconera.com/yoshinori-kitase-succeeds-shinji-hashimoto-as-final-fantasy-brand-manager/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They both suck so it doesn't really matter

Tabata of course. Guy had 3 years to deliver FFXV, meanwhile the man child had litteraly ten years to pack KH3 or FFVIIR

I've enjoyed FF15.
And I think that it was one of the most enjoyable Final Fantasy made recently

Depends on if Tabata had anything to do with the decision of turning FFXV into a multimedia project, which I feel like he had to have been on board because it would have made his life easier to cut shit out of the game. So fuck em both.

It was a really complicated project.
The good aspect is that Tabata has delivered the whole things in the best way he could do, with only 3 years of time.
Creating an overall really cool final fantasy game.
And this was already a sort of little miracle, considering this case.

I agree. I enjoyed the game and it felt more in line with the PSX FF games than other recent FF games.

Attached: shiva-ff.jpg (3840x2160, 2.43M)

On one hand Nomura wanted to make his "masterpiece" but constantly had to have his barebones team taken away to finish 13, then 14, then to fix 14, etc Ultimately have the project taken away to speed up the process on FF7Re (which he didnt know about till E3 unveiling) and then KH3.

On the other Tabata barely had any worthwhile credentials besides Type-0 and PE: The 3rd Birthday. He was a layman of a director using an unfinished engine that wasnt suitable for open world and barely enough time to release a AAA title.

Regardless - both are cases of suit meddling

But to answer the question; I think Tabata got fucked the most. He wasnt the man for the job and thrown into an unwinnable scenario.
FFXV was just not ready come release and Square Enix was just throwing patches, DLC, other media and cross promotional events at it to see what sticks before ultimately dropping it completely.
Another victim when a board of out of touch boomers in suits make the decisions.

Tabata was very clumsy in marketing (huge blow-out event to announce release date only for game to be delayed) but I think he really mobilized the team to create something resembling a game. I can only imagine what insane crunch the dev team was on for years.

Ultimately, being constrained to Nomura's fever dream fantasies was a major headache to Tabata and I can sort of feel for the guy for having his mainline FF to basically live in the shadow of random CGI trailers.

Versus should have been cancelled and SE should not have lied about Versus being rebranded into FFXV.

The PSX FF games were actually good and fun though.
They also had good music, likeable characters, fun gameplay, and a cohesive story.

Based
FF15 is the best made Final Fantasy since FF9

>felt more in line with the PSX FF games
I just cannot see how someone who has played these games can genuinely believe this

because they don't genuinely believe it, easy

You forget that PSX FF games were very rushed aswell but still had a unique feel of adventure and camaraderie. And FFXV OST is amazing and very underrated.

Attached: Once Upon A Time In Eos.jpg (2048x864, 177.3K)

>You forget that PSX FF games were very rushed aswell but still had a unique feel of adventure and camaraderie
Yeah, exactly. Something that FFXV lacks completely

>You forget that PSX FF games were very rushed aswell
Being rushed or not has literally no impact on a game's quality.
Melee and majora's mask were rushed, they're still great
The only part of 15 that isn't abhorent garbage is the road trip section, which is "ok" if we're being generous, the rest of the game is a joke.

I've loved the whole Final Fantasy XV experience, overall.
And I think that the OST of the game was definitely one of the best of the franchise

This is just embarrassing user

stop responding to yourself

LOL
Because I said that the FF15 OST is one of the best?
I can repeat it, if you wish.
The FF15 OST is one of the best OST of the whole Final Fantasy franchise.
Imho

That is an embarrassing opinion to hold, yes. But also the responding to your own posts thing, that's pretty shameful too

He's right. Only an utter NPC contrarian would disagree that FFXV OST is a masterpiece.

I didn't even like FFXV in the first place, but the soundtrack is just one of the greatest, Stand By Me or Somnus are just stuck in my head.

WTF
Are you for real that SKIZO O_o

Take your made retarded.

Only because we share an opinion on a game, doesn't mean that we are literally the same dude, retard

Because that's what happened when a great OST, like the ff15 OST, was made.
A great OST for a great Final Fantasy game

>WTF
>Are you for real that SKIZO O_o
Oh no, I didn't realize you could sink even further

>releases movie
>movie bombs
>wastes money on anime with more backstory shoved into it that no one watches
>releases game
>game sells very well and just about makes the whole project worthwhile
>DLC TIME
>Barely anyone buys first round of DLC
>Puts out a multiplayer mode no one plays
>Releases a VR fishing game no one plays
>Releases a questionaire asking people what they want from future DLC
>Everyone unanimously votes for more Ardyn content
>Announce another round of DLC
>Months later scrap all of it except for Ardyn DLC
>Promised Ardyn backstory relegated to an anime OVA
>Ardyn DLC more or less disappointing depending on who you ask - most seem to be in agreeance that the backstory was bad and ruined the character
>Finally Tabata is fired after a public report goes out that the company burned $33,000,000 on Tabata's stupid GaaS shit
>meanwhile the mobile game made $375,000,000 in 2018

tl;dr released a shit game that actually somehow turned a profit and then he went and burned that profit into the ground trying to sell extra content no one cared for because no one liked the game enough to buy it

Both were fucked. Even Stellafag felt so bad for Tabata to the point that he absolutely refused to fault him in the writeups. I'm sure some mishaps were on him though. He was clearly a fish out of water

>Who got fucked the most; Nomura or Tabata?
Nomura. Had to wait 4 years to be allowed to start working on the game, only to be stuck with a lameduck engine that was really poorly optimized and a small team. Every moment versus was in development, it was always playing 2nd fiddle to a different project.

Tabata was given 4 years, access to a huge team and his own engine to make the game. Then proceeded to surround himself with yes men, ignore advice and make development harder on the team.

Why is this female aesthetic so popular amongst japs

Attached: concept art.png (1000x563, 445.77K)

>who got fucked the most
the players

Their is beauty in ugliness

This is how Stella should've looked but instead Nomura upped the moe blob aspect pretty hard.

But Japs are obsessed with whiteness and angelic feminine features.

there are no blonde hair blue eyed girls here so we have to make them

You're giving Nomura too much credit. If SE saw he was making good progress on Versus, they wouldn't kick him off the project. Some of the leaks suggest he was planning shit like a multi-game trilogy and whatnot. And Nomura is very hard to restrain given what absolute clusterfuck KH now is.

4 years may seem like a long time but Luminous Engine was new and developed alongside FFXV. Their ambitions were sky high and comparable games such as RDR2 and Witcher 3 spent longer in development than that. Tabata's mistake was placing the bar too high on himself and the team. I think FF16 is basically an admission that they need to go back to basics rather than trying to keep up with 200 million dollar western AAA games.

Attached: Shiva3.jpg (4096x2304, 1.42M)

Oh right I forgot at some point the movie team went and created a 5 minute CGI trailer for the game called "Omen" that was so far removed from what the actual game was it's practically considered official fanfiction. Presumably it was created using left over scraps of the original versus story. Why they made it is unknown, as Tabata seemingly had nothing to do with its production. So that's another couple million dollars down the drain as well tanked into that.

Tabata was probably upset that people were more interested in the story that he threw away that he included it as a nightmare sequence in a day 1 update despite it being entirely out of place in the context of the game, or maybe because of the $$$ spent on its production he put it in the game to save face internally within the company.

youtube.com/watch?v=CNM6o9um1dc

With Tabata you have a game, at least
(a game that I've personally enjoyed, anyway)

Actually, Nomura worked on the Versus project for 10 years.
And from internal team interviews, it was that kind of eccentric director that changed his mind on the project every single month.
(to the point that restarted from 0 his own project 3/5 times)

Tabata, in 3 years, delivered the whole project in the best way he could do.

>they wouldn't kick him off the project.
Reminder that the CEO who decided to kick nomura off versus was himself fired not even a year later for fucking up XIV 1.0's launch.
>Tabata's mistake was placing the bar too high on himself and the team
The man was an arrogant idiot who thought he knew what was best despite having no idea what he was doing.

FFXV created so many leftover assets that the team made a whole new game from it (Forspoken). This production was absolutely insane and I doubt Japan will ever make something of that calibre again.

There is a mod to FFXV where they go out of bounds and some of the locales are surprisingly high quality for just being cut.

>I doubt Japan will ever let a production get this out of hand again
Isn't that a good thing?

Tabata, IMO. Tabata was sent in as the hatchetman to do corporates bidding. He did as he was ordered, and when it all fell apart they threw him under the bus.

Tabata wasn't perfect, but nothing he did wasn't orders from the executive board. He hacked a game out and made it as casual and playable by as many people as possible to try and recoup losses.

>FFXV created so many leftover assets that the team made a whole new game from it (Forspoken)
so THAT'S why that shit feels like a tech demo more than anything else, kek, they probably have a shoestring budget

Wada was also protecting Nomura over and over again and no other CEO would've allowed Nomura to spend 10 years on Versus doing fuck all. The new CEO didn't think that much higher of Nomura, letting him instead handle projects like FF7R and KH3 which are more straightforward.

Tabata made some blunders but I think his mistake was the opposite of being arrogant. He was too insecure and wanted FFXV to be too many things at once. In interviews, he really didn't have the balls to say "we chose not to have this thing" but rather promised everything out of fear to disappoint.

Attached: Shiva.jpg (3840x2160, 525.54K)

>Nomura worked on the Versus project for 10 years
6 years before it was XV. He had nothing to do with XV after 2013
>it was that kind of eccentric director that changed his mind on the project every single month.
Nope objectively wrong. Actual interviews state that Nomura was very picky and wouldn't greenlit something until he thought it was perfect. Tabata was the one who would change shit on the whim.
>(to the point that restarted from 0 his own project 3/5 times)
Also wrong.
>Tabata, in 3 years
4 years.
>delivered the whole project in the best way he could do.
If that was his best, no wonder he got canned and has been struggling to make an actual game since.

>Actually, Nomura worked on the Versus project for 10 years.
If you honestly think Nomura worked with a full team for 10 years straight then you are in fact retarded.
Especially when you try to bring up interviews, when this fact has been brought up multiple times by articles, interviews and documentation.

Attached: 1650549521895.jpg (480x360, 52.32K)

The Omen trailer was always supported to be an alternative reality from the beginning.
(regardless if the people prefer it)

I would say that Nomura's was the real arrogant, and overrated, director here.

His mind was fucked. To the point that even him doesn't talk normally with his team for creating the game.
(for 8 years)
For that reason, when the game almost reached the 10 years, the Square Enix Boss kicked off Nomura from his retarded loop

>Wada was also protecting Nomura over and over again
No he wasn't. Wada was the one who kicked nomura off.
>to spend 10 years
It wasn't 10
>letting him instead handle projects like FF7R and KH3 which are more straightforward.
>"I don't think that highly of him, so instead of 1 AAA game. I'm going to let him do 2 at the same time."
do you know how dumb this logic sounds
> but I think his mistake was the opposite of being arrogant.
No it was.

Nomura was going to make the greatest game ever made with the Tokyo Team at the helm. Hajime "old hands" Tabata is a fucking moron who doesn't know anything about action combat and no amount of budget, time and effort was going to help fix an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing.

Attached: 1608645250154.webm (800x450, 2.9M)

>With Tabata you have a game
A dogshit one.

>To the point that even him doesn't talk normally with his team for creating the game.
I can tell English isn't your first language, because this makes no sense.
>when the game almost reached the 10 years,
it wasn't 10. It was 6. Versus XIII didn't start actual development until 2010. Because it had to wait for XIII and Crystal Tools to be developed first.

I sense Nomura's fags around here.
What I said about Nomura's loop vs his same development team was true.
(the interviews clarify that)
If you choose to don't want to see this, is only your fault.

Anyway, I'm glad that FF15 exist.
Because I prefer play something that actually exist, rather than something projected by the others imaginations

>I'm glad that FF15 exist
Now this is low standards.

Instead, FF15 is actually pretty good

>What I said about Nomura's loop vs his same development team was true.
No it isn't, you're just making shit up.

Nice, the nomurafags are here now too. Getting these retards fighting amongst themselves is the only good thing Versus/XV achieved

KH3 was impossible to fuck up (and he pulled it off anyways) and FF7R he was more of a name for marketing while Kitase and Toriyama were making the actual game.

He's going to be stuck on KH for the rest of his career. Yoshida is basically going to helm the FF series from now on.

>FF15 is actually pretty good
Don't make me post it.

You wish that.
Anyway...
I also think that FF15 is the most enjoyable Final Fantasy game since FF9.
If you wish to know

>He's going to be stuck on KH for the rest of his career
He does stuff that isn't KH you know.
>Yoshida is basically going to helm the FF series from now on.
Kitase is the one who's actually in charge of the FF brand. As in quite literally, its his job title.

>most enjoyable Final Fantasy
Oxymoron.

>You wish that.
I don't have to wish, I know for a fact you're making shit up.

>With Tabata you have a game, at least

You know people forget but Nomura wasn't just doing nothing while working on Versus. During the pre-production of Versus - which basically all that got off the ground during his time as its director - he also wrote and produced 4 Kingdom Hearts handheld games and a browser/mobile game, while planning the story for Kingdom Hearts that would go on for another 10 years, and at the same time planting the seeds for the next arc of Kingdom Hearts which will begin with KH4.

And then after he was removed from Versus XIII he then went and directed two AAA games between 2013-2020 and got them both out within a year of each other - KH3 and FF7R, but not only that also produced and directed a Kingdom Hearts movie (backlog) and a demo/teaser/short game KH 0.2 Birth by Sleep a Fragmentary Passage. And of course while all that's going he had a mobile game to look over as well which got consistent story and content updates for years.

So I don't really get where this idea that Nomura doesn't ship products comes from - the only mark against his name is FFXIIIVersus, and presumably he's working on making it anyway.

>the only good thing Versus achieved
Besides being the first FF game with good gameplay.

Overall I didn’t care for XV myself, but I still think if the combat had been more engaging or if the side content was more fun/variable/not predominantly fetch quests straight out of an MMO then people might have loved it, but sadly we ended up with an at best subpar game which even copious amounts of (((DLC))) couldn’t hope to amend
At least Fujiwara gave us a good villain performance

>Kitase is the one who's actually in charge of the FF brand. As in quite literally, its his job title.
That was before his complete botch job of FF7 Remake. Now nobody really has the official title until we know how FF16 turns out. If FF16 isn't a complete dud like FF7R then you can bet on Yoshida cleaning house real good.

Attached: d9bfa37acfbc6decd124bc4e9477a01d9a1d2202.png (775x1000, 1.01M)

>That was before his complete botch job of FF7 Remake.
No its his actual, literal title right now
siliconera.com/yoshinori-kitase-succeeds-shinji-hashimoto-as-final-fantasy-brand-manager/

And yet, for an FF brand manager, he has fuck all to do with FF16, the next mainline FF game.

Some brand manager you got there lol