This motion is fucking easy, who are these faggots saying this is hard??

This motion is fucking easy, who are these faggots saying this is hard??

Attached: DPinput.jpg (700x689, 54.39K)

someone who is not used to it
just gotta learn man

XIVniggers.

The want to push a button and win doing flashy movements. They don't want to invest any time because they were raised that way and they are addicted to an instant gratification mindset. That's why they always revolve around activities providing that sort of feedback.

I am a casual who doesn't mind this motion but I hate it when the character has this and the hadouken motion and I accidently do one when I meant to do the other. I dont really play fighting games anymore anyway so I am not the target audience

>uses pad
>skips your retarded motion
heh, not so tough now huh?

Most motions outside of full circles are pretty damn easy given 10 minutes of practice. Secondaries and normies are just upset because the game isn't immediately accessible to them. Their reaction to this is to not attempt to become good, but to change literally everything that differentiates the genre from others. Reminder that gatekeeping is based and normies deserve nothing but misery.

with any medium except a digital analog stick yes, its very easy.
i refuse to believe anyone who claims it is consistently doable with the joystick of a dualshock or xbox controller, you are simply lying

>and I accidently do one when I meant to do the other.
Now you know my pain of doing one of these after a dash or microwalk.

Attached: 1611528411383.jpg (828x845, 112.07K)

>Called a Z-motion
>Displays a Z shaped arrow
>Try to do it
>Doesn't work
>It turns out it's actually more like a Square Root -Motion
Absolutely Gey

I can do it somewhat consistently with the gamecube controller control stick for smash if that counts

smashgroomers can't do anything other than a single direction+button

i am a bit lazy to comfirm it right now but i think gamecube uses an octagonal gate for the inputs of the stick, not digital inputs

do double half quarter circles, for ez z motions

I play on my Dualshock 4 and use the analog for my inputs. I had to get used to them because my BnB in Marvel 3 used 3
Here's a combo that uses like 6 Z motion inputs.
And there's even an a half-circle back forward in there too

Attached: muh DP motions.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

It's not that hard really, took me a while to get it down though because you don't actually do a z motion for it. You just do forward and then a qcf

do a half circle motion so DP doesn't come out

You literally do a forward then quarter circle forward and it works 100% of the time. Why is this board full of smashpedos so unbearably fucking retarded?

Play actual fighting games for more than a few days instead of your shitty party platformer and you'll pick it up

no ones saying its hard
its unnecessary and outdated
i dont want to have to figure out movesets i want to pick any character and go on to footsies and mindgames right away and figure out if i like their feel

highjacking this thread to challenge (You) to fightcade

I'm sure you'll say touch screen Guile is the future as well right?

what you just described is walking forward and doing a fireball not a Dp

the motion for a fireball is crouching then walking forward

there's no way this shit is consistently doable on a keyboard

I didn't say HOLD forward you dumb smashpedo

the fuck is touch screen guile?
also i literally played garou on my phone and did all the motions and it was fine
but i was bored then and had long commute, im not playing a game with motions anymore

>using fucking arrow keys/wasd for fightan on keyboard

user, just do ...

it's literally even easier, which is why mixboxes/hitboxes are even a thing
See pic related

Attached: street-fighter-4-3d_1294768910.jpg (640x569, 86.25K)

>unicode characters aren't supported
okay, > \/ >

>press D
>let go of D
>press S
>press D

never seen it
just want rising thunder 2

My experience is that the only people who call fighting game motions hard are fighting game fans projecting it on to non-fans as a reason why they don't play fighting games.
motion inputs are not the reason people don't play fighting games, as somebody who doesn't play fighting games.

Now do it on an arcade cabinet with a loose stick with a square gate

square gate makes it easier lmao

I've done that shit on a KOF 98 cabinet it's not that bad.

The actual motion is easy, but that retarded sign has done a lot of damage to fighting games because people actually try to do a Z motion

Not when the stick is so loose with its feedback that it's difficult to tell where left/right/up/down are, you end up overshooting into the corners and jumping/crouching involuntarily and in general fucking up any and all motion inputs.

I memeber
Touch screen Guile and touch screen Honda
NPCs loved playing those
Complete waste of their time and mine. what a bunch of douchebags

fightan is easy af on the keyboard

Wasd for movement
and then insert home del, those are the ABCDEF buttons

>it's difficult to tell where left/right/up/down are
wat
how
use the walls of the gate maybe? wtf are you on about man

or the arrow keys for movement
and QWEASD for punches kicks

Both are very comfy

Thats a pro russia nazi symbol. When will fighting games change this?

fuck that.
make keyboard layout like a hitbox layout, mapping movement directions and buttons on keys around the spacebar, which is used for up

Yeah, it's right he- oh, the game counted that as a diagonal actually. Whoops!

This is the most misleading symbol ever. It's just 6 - 2 - 3. Forward, down, diagonally down. It makes it look likeyou literally have to go forward and down then forward again.

how did you get a diagonal if you didn't hit the corner of the square gate?

Because the stick is loose as fuck and gives no proper feedback? I can't possibly keep my eyes on how I'm handling the controls when I'm supposed to be looking at the screen to play the game, I need to be able to feel the stick's position with my hand even when it's not in a diagonal extreme.

So what's the point of these "hard" motions or strings for combos? Is it to make it difficult to achieve quickly? Is the intention that you make misinputs?

It's because it's a lie. This implies you have to go right and move downwards without returning back to neutral or hitting the bottom right instead of simply going right, let go, down, corner

I've gotten around 11 smurf accounts to ultra diamond no sweat. huge winstreaks give way more points per win and also I know how to shoryuken

I'll take your word for it I guess. I'd have to feel it for myself and I can't.

To input a shoryuken you cannot be blocking. You risk getting hit for the reward of the shoryuken.

he's wrong

Attached: 21321wdfsafdasdasasqw323.png (1223x378, 314.35K)

Here me again. If anyone has any real questions about SFV or fighting games in general I can give you a better answer than the crybaby bitch in the thread, probably. They seem stupid.

I have probably 5 or 6k hours on SFV over different PS4s and PCs and different accounts. Plus a little in 4.

Attached: 432rewrewrewqr.png (1188x351, 673.33K)

I used to have trouble with the shoryuken input because I tried to actually do a "Z" motion with the stick, then somebody just told me to just press forward then do a standard hadoken quarter circle forward and I never had problems after that. I think it's a conveyance issue.

It's fucking easy as fuck though.

Attached: 1651628685902.jpg (1330x1585, 1.29M)

Why do fighting games use a double-tap input for dashing when it's objectively worse than having a button for the input in every regard? And why can't I disable the double-tap input in games that have a button?

So... trannies?

>It's not a 'Z' it's 623
I don't get it
Z is accurate

Attached: file.png (853x1093, 137.91K)

you aren't specifying where the Z starts, to me a Z would be a 7913

The numpad lexicon helps clear it up, and its language agnostic.

>Why do fighting games use a double-tap input for dashing when it's objectively worse than having a button for the input in every regard?
Risk reward. Dash to close space quickly, your input is a risky double tap forward. You're not going to be pressing block on the couple frames before your dash. That's how I understand it. Dashes get checked in SFV so I don't think about them a lot. Also I'm sure an anime fighter player could answer that question better in terms of those game's mechanics.

The rebinding thing may be for the devs idea of balance also? I dunno.

You aren't specifying where it starts either. To me a z is 8956

>you aren't specifying where the Z starts
The symbol in OP does though

Games only you remember

but I can't put type that into Yea Forums until they bring back the april fool emojis just for every unique pattern.

your inputs are sloppy and you should be stopping at down/forward not doing a full qcf. People think these games are hard because you're fucking retarded and loud

I assume the general idea is so you have less buttons to manage
>when it's objectively worse
funny enough it's actually preferable in aacc because it has a way bigger input buffer compared to the macro

>Risk reward
I don't really buy this. dashins are already covered by the fact that the dash itself is already pretty committal

ah nevermind, I read the original person being replied to (who is a retard).

do not mind me

Sure, I'm not arguing against numpad notion, it's basically universally better than the way capcom players try to write stuff, just I don't get the complaining about the motion being unclear somehow.

i hate charge motions

that only works if your character doesn't have a half circle move as well

>dashins are already covered by the fact that the dash itself is already pretty committal
Yeah I agree with you there too, but only depending on the game.

you'd be able to hold back to block and tap the run button at the same time
also less buttons
Zato has an omnidirectional air dash, but also Strive has a dash button and it works anyways so I don't know