What's missing?

what's missing?

Attached: unique.jpg (3264x1803, 3.66M)

NaissanceE

Omikron

Elden Ring

outer wilds maybe?

Killer7 is pretty wild and is schziocore, but I don't know if the "world" is unique enough to count. I'm sure most of those indie RPGmaker games could be on that list- Hylics and Off! especially have very strange worlds. LSD dream emulator has a strange world too but I don't know if it counts since it's about "dreams".

Attached: Hylics 2 animations running.gif (540x280, 1.4M)

OP here, probably should've put Arcanum, Dark Earth or Giants: Citizen Kabuto instead of SotC, I love the game but it's a bit more generic fantasy compared to the more alien settings in the pic

Attached: giants citizen kabuto.webm (1920x1080, 2.9M)

Lol no Breath of the Wild, that world was revolutionary look at all the copycats

Attached: Flashback_cover.png (279x358, 178.24K)

I'm talking about the setting itself, how alien and unlike our own world it is

Attached: 1468674735600.jpg (1156x1334, 335.5K)

death stranding

Okami, Ico and Sotc to some regard
this

Attached: unique settings.jpg (7111x3843, 3.52M)

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy, Black Souls, Library of Ruina

half life 2

Perimeter? You already got Vangers.

Attached: 00002354.jpg (1024x768, 203.89K)

Something by amanita, Samorost or Machinarium.

Drowned God

I'll always be upset that the new Oddworld stuff doesn't live up to the potential of the original games

Estab life is getting a gacha so it counts
Also holy shit I just realized I still haven't watched the most recent episode
also does scorn really belong in this list, how is it significantly diifferent from other hellish fleshy world games like agony/succubus or lust for darkness/from beyond, i'm iffy on morowind as well, although shivering isles belongs for sure

Attached: nick11.png.jpg (400x225, 29.41K)

this

Attached: Death-Stranding-Image-e1597012823320.jpg (1499x999, 133.81K)

>deserts
>forests
>volcanos
>mazes
such unique, much revolutionary

Xenoblade easily

Arx Fatalis

Attached: arx-fatalis.png (1024x768, 1.48M)

>does scorn really belong in this list, how is it significantly diifferent from other hellish fleshy world games like agony/succubus or lust for darkness/from beyond
just seems to be better put together, they seem to have competent artists and sound designers whereas the others feel a bit amateurish

Attached: ss_6cb4465de78f7a5853ab188f81ba2b51efd29fc7.jpg (3840x2160, 1.5M)

the Rayman games probably deserve mentioning, lots of dreamlike vistas and stuff

Attached: d34uy79-43cf779a-cf8e-4353-b5cf-4c520583592c.png (640x393, 158.42K)

Gravity Rush 2

Attached: GRAVITY RUSH™ 2_20180203185713_1.jpg (3840x2160, 680.87K)

Spyro/Banjo does the same thing man

>not a single AAA besides Bethesda
do normies just hate interesting worlds? I feel like the most 'out there' thing they'll accept is Avatar, which is pretty generic still

Attached: 1641941517371.png (443x444, 106.95K)

In terms of unique world to explore, Rain World is one of the bests

Attached: rain-world.jpg (1920x1080, 206.84K)

this as well

can't speak for Banjo but I wouldn't say Spyro's setting is particularly standard either

Fair

Total conversions for mods are usually kino material.

Attached: 1635728251657.png (800x600, 316.28K)

Pokemon. Dead serious here.
At the first glance it's all simple and straightforward, but then you notice things.
> children allowed to travel alone
> whole world revolving around creatures weird af
> technology to store them
> free healthcare for them
> league, championships seem to be the most important thing in the world

They'll claim to like the unique and innovative, but it's just an attempt to not seem shallow. Normies love the generic, hence why they're normies.

maybe?

Attached: grime.jpg (1080x1080, 192.68K)

rain world

Lodran

seconding eye

yume nikki (dreams)

OP here, so far I think the following suggested games fit:
>Hylics
>Giants: Citizen Kabuto
>Dark Earth
>Grime
>Samorost
also pic related

the others are a bit too close to our world, such as
>Half-Life
majority of the world is human places, people and architecture using human weapons, too familiar
>Death Stranding
same as the above
>Okami
too representative of a real-world culture, not exactly alien, to a Japanese person it would be very familiar

can't decide on this, it feels more post-apocalypse than 'alien', not sure though, might be wrong

Attached: 345.jpg (500x493, 80.57K)

rain world is both post-apoc and alien

Are there any games like this? I really like the 90s pre-rendered 3D graphics with the dreamlike, oppressive atmosphere

Attached: 91WAodkXOoL.jpg (2273x2560, 574.31K)

>[Rain World] feels more post-apocalypse than 'alien'
In the beginning it may seem apocalyptic but as the game progresses regions are more alien. The entire Five Pebbles region is very sci-fi and alien

>Wooooow
>look how big this FUCKING DESERT IS
Nice "unqiue world" Kenshi

Should PS:T really be on here when it just adapts a campaign setting?

Attached: 51XT7W2VP3L.jpg (347x475, 46.87K)

I was going to mention MDK as well, can't really go wrong with Shiny

not sure what Drowned God plays like but The Desolate Hope has a good 1990s pre-rendered look

Attached: 1935636-669342_20120507_008.jpg (1200x675, 395.71K)

>can't decide on this, it feels more post-apocalypse than 'alien',
Guess you haven't finished the game. It's really fucking alien.

>a bit too close to our world
If that's your criteria, then rescinding my E.Y.E and Ruina recommendations (though a sequel to Ruina might fit the bill if we ever get to see what's outside The City)
Maintaining my Black Souls recommendation, but only because of its lore - we don't really get to see the most fucked up places in-game, the weirdness of the setting comes solely from the writing. If you count purely the visuals, then it shouldn't be included

I hate this so much. Have fantasy/scifi setting and all fauna is just earth like. So boring.

alright here's the update, this'll probably do

Attached: nu2.jpg (3264x1584, 3.35M)

Fuck. I mean flora

Where's Arcanum, fag?

Add Vangers and Little Big Adventure 1/2

Oh vangers is on, my bad. EVO then

seconding (thirding?) Arcanum

no zeno clash, you niggers need to get your shit together

Attached: zeno clash.jpg (1280x720, 171.66K)

It's already in the OP pic, retard

too familiar and human, too much human architecture, it's the industrial revolution meets somewhat generic fantasy tropes and neither of those are really alien or bizarre
if I put Arcanum on there I'd have to put VtMB, Dishonored and BioShock there too

based blind user. it even has The Eternal Cylinder by the same devs
also Zeno Clash 3 this year Zenobro, it's called Clash: Artifacts of Chaos though which is odd, and has both 3rd and 1st person

Attached: cylin.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

Would Outcast make it? I enjoyed singing the ulukai songs with them aliens

Yeah Outcast is missing. Very unique.

>hard sci-fi feels so rare nowadays that Starfield actually feels alien and fresh
weird timeline

Attached: 2001 a space odyssey.jpg (1920x2016, 1M)

And you know what? I’m fine with that

Is the Expanse hard schifi?

>it's the industrial revolution meets somewhat generic fantasy tropes and neither of those are really alien or bizarre
>if I put Arcanum on there I'd have to put VtMB, Dishonored and BioShock there too
hmm I could be splitting hairs but it might be better to call them alien or surreal vidya worlds rather than 'unique' in that case. they don't have the air about them that stuff like Sacrifice or Zeno Clash do but the settings of all four of these games is definitely a big draw, they're still unique in the sense that there's few if any other games with settings like them.