Can someone explain to me how a tiny German development team managed to make a game that still manages to visually...

Can someone explain to me how a tiny German development team managed to make a game that still manages to visually outclass modern games?
youtu.be/kVBMLDQv-Yg?t=196

Attached: 1650829233429.jpg (1280x1440, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Crysis/status/1302652932064714756?s=20&t=1PGt8RwnlFw6GrurQl7jTg
youtu.be/lxBTgRcHYFA?t=170
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's not impressive because it runs like shit and is a pretty mediocre game. if it actually ran well yea.

Because PC was the target platform.

/thread

but they didn't, ER look way better
>b-but grafix
ever heard of art direction?

The answer is quite simple

Attached: sieg heil.gif (600x338, 3.79M)

Considering how good it looks running on ancient hardware it's a miracle the game ran at all. This was right around the time that dual core cpus started to come out.

>another Crysis thread opened with a image from remaster while pretending that it’s from 2007

The video is from the original and the game still looks good. Whenever I look at original Crysis footage I don't get the same feeling I get from other 3d games from that era where it's blatantly obvious that I'm looking at outdated technology.

I sometimes wonder what games would look like today if the gaming industry went on the trajectory that Crysis had seemingly indicated in 2007. The only game I can think of that currently tries to incorporate next-next gen technology is Star Citizen and that game has been in development for 10 years now.

Crysis 1 looks so incredibly average.
Stop sucking it off.
also this

Not sure if you expect me to argue with you instead of just calling you a retard.

nigga its just far cry 3 lmao
omg jungle + gun! wooooow

move on kek

Attached: SelmaSandwich.png (400x300, 154.94K)

Shit art direction then

>Can someone explain to me how a tiny German development team managed to make a game that still manages to visually outclass modern games?
They had a pretty good lead engineer and a somewhat competent programming team. And they obviously carried the company until Management decided to jump onto the console bandwagon and Crysis 2 and 3 happened.

I already called you a retard. I don't think I can make it any clearer what I think of you.

and I'm laying down scientific proof that you're a fucking loser, and I don't care what some faggot loser thinks of me lol

crysis? yeah , it's rather generic looking despite he impressive graphics

I don't care whether you care. That's what you are.

I'm what? Finish your sentence nigga lmao.

>people are still going on about muh crysis optimisation
it has been FIFTEEN YEARS and people are still upset that once upon a time a video game that required current gen pc hardware was released

but i remember crysis running really well even on shitboxes

Crysis was fun, elden ring is also very fun, recent doom was also fun
too bad good and fun games are so rare nowdays, its all movieshit nowadays for babies, its also always political
Games used to be good

Trying way too hard to pretend that this isn't getting to you.

There is hope

Attached: star citizen cryengine.jpg (1253x571, 319.3K)

Can someone explain to me how fucking hacks on the internet claim Metal Gear Solid is at all a good or enjoyable game when you can basically count how many pixels there are on each character's face? Imagine getting immersed in a world that looks like a shitty cartoon programmed by children, blows my mind people still even ironically play the original DOOM games when it makes your eyes bleed after ten seconds.

simple graphics are the best. all games look the same now

Too bad original crysis looks like shit

Attached: cq3scdd.jpg (3840x2160, 1.75M)

yeah, it did but only on lower settings and that was what made people assmad despite the game still looking good
I've never understood it, but maybe it was just the idea of being forced to play on *low* of all things like some kind of peasant, that got to people

Well, some people get mad if the game calls its lowest difficulty "easy" nowaydays, which prompted some developers to rename it to normal, so I guess that's just human nature.

>posting the remaster
el em ao

>Scam citizen

more like elden dung lol

>why does a game made to advertise an engine look better than a video game made by a tiny studio ran by technologically imcompetent Nips

Attached: 1651363399206.jpg (698x658, 108.39K)

I don't get why people always pretend that Crysis was only a tech demo. The gameplay was pretty decent. Not a lot of handholding and there were creative ways to use the suit and environment. The environmental interactivity specifically is pretty unusual even for modern shooters.

>when they make a pretty vidya they're germans
>when they rape and suicidebob they're turkroaches.

>because the Yerli brothers founded the company they also single-handedly programmed the engine

tech demos don't always have to be bad, look at Unreal 1 for instance

>cryengine
>multiplayer
>moving BSPs
My sides. I heard they aren't using it any more but the fact they ever used it at all says everything about scam citizen you need to know.

Attached: 1624309908281.gif (615x413, 1.96M)

>I don't get why people always pretend
Because they were underaged and couldn't afford a PC that could run it past low settings. You'd know if they weren't pretending if they cried about how fucking ass the optimization was.
The game was interesting, but suffered the same as all AAA games do. Bullshots, unfinished content, and unfulfilled promises; it's why Warhead was a thing.

Amazon Lumberyard is based on Cryengine.

They weren't diversity hires.
This too.

ease off the copium hombre

Not much different I think. PC basically won in the early 2010s and now we just have customized mid-range PCs as our consoles. No more "LE POWER OF THE CELL" or "EMOTION ENGINE RENDERING LIKE WE'RE IN THE MATRIX" (which is fucking funny since we're getting close to that only 23 years later) and I don't know if that's good or bad.
if advertising an engine means making the AI more dynamic and increasing the enviroment interactivity then I only want the industry to produce tech demos. Fuck the A24 scriptwriter rejects and their cardboard drama theaters we're getting.

Attached: 3IJJzTY.jpg (960x1280, 111.04K)

actually the op is the remaster :)
twitter.com/Crysis/status/1302652932064714756?s=20&t=1PGt8RwnlFw6GrurQl7jTg

1 Good German equals 5 good japanese equals 20 good americans equals 100 good russians equals 500 good brazilians equals 1000 african.

The original looks better in some aspects.
youtu.be/lxBTgRcHYFA?t=170

People would empathize with wooden puppets, even shadow puppets, back in ye olden days.
Graphics and improved fidelity do make things better, but they aren’t everything.

Unreal wasn't a tech demo, though. Halo is a pretty overt Unreal ripoff, and it was a really atmospheric FPS.

They patched the remaster to fix a lot of its issues. It's still unfortunately buggy, and a bit of a mixed bag, but it's overall a solid way to play the game. The Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 remasters are really, really good, and I expect they'll get more appreciation for that when they release on Steam later this year.

i think gaming is shifting towards pc now, despite how overpriced everything is, for a few reason mainly a lot of people bought pcs during the coof for gaming to pass time, school or work and most big multiplayer games are pretty much all crossplay and more and more players are playing on pc (since pc used to die quicker but that's solved with crossplay which in turn solves pc games dying quicker in the first place) and streamers and youtubers are all playing on pc and thanks to the coof, those streamers gained a lot of popularity with normalfags which made pc more popular. Games still aren't designed specifically for pc first for the most parts but more and more devs are doing it.

cope with what? crysis is an impressive game but it looks generic as hell compared to modern video games, only thing it had going for it visually was impressive graphics

Crysis has three main things going for it:
>Extremely immersive sandbox FPS combat.
>Unique visual aesthetics.
>Top notch facial animation, which shat all over hilarious shitfires like Halo 3 which had the gall to release the same year.

>reading comprehension
I said "only thing it had going for it visually", not that the graphics were the only thing the game had going for it in general

The problem is this argument is wrong. Crysis 1's vision of a tropical island that gets snap frozen by alien technology, and the exotic alien ship interior, their zero-g preference -- Crytek were trying to make something fresh and different, wheras they copied Transformers for the later games.

I recently played Crysis Remastered, and it has a certain... something visually that a modern game like Far Cry 6 doesn't have.

Crysis 4 won't be coming before late 2024. The wait is gonna be so painful. Save us from these mediocre open world FPS games, Crytek. Show us how it's done. Take what worked in the existing Crysis games, and craft the ultimate experience.

elden ring or crysis?

Flop

Crysis 1 is a good game, but it suffered from its troubled development. If they'd had more time, or had planned better, the game would have run a lot better.

???

most people don't know you hae to make custom cfg files to make vanilla crysis look good. Whenever you see washed out crysis that's the reason, they're playing on low basically.

in the past you needed quality to sell
today, as you can see by elden ring, you just need to have the most obnoxious fanbase and the cattle that goes along with the hype created by them

so why bother?

Attached: c69.jpg (680x873, 121.05K)

Why would anyone take nigger speak seriously

Fucking this
Where the fuck are the AAA PC exclusives (or at least main target)
I don't understand this fucking industry. PC almost always makes more sales than consoles on multiplat games, yet the dumbass devs ALWAYS only care about consoles, japs are even more guilty of this, just look at elden ring