5 years later how does it hold up?

5 years later how does it hold up?

Attached: 1601588943902.jpg (350x467, 48.1K)

better than 8

It's still really good.

It's the best resident evil game

Well shit looks like it's time re install
I'm bored shitless of waiting for Capcom to drop that RE8 DLC or RE4 remake news anyways.

Attached: Cheers_I'll_Drink_To_That_Bro_Banner.jpg (800x450, 53.95K)

It's very good, but be reasonable user.

Is village worth 30 bucks?

That's revelations 2 user

Revelations 2 is the most boring RE game
RE6 is flawed as fuck but at least it was never boring.

Goes to shit after you leave the mansion.

Filtered

yeah if you're gay and like games about gays

Attached: 1647506242726.jpg (690x690, 31.59K)

you could have saved her

Attached: Eveline_.webm (710x400, 2.98M)

If she was still a cute goth loli yes, but she was a ugly old hag.

REmake>RE4>RE2>RE3>RE8>RE1>RE7>R3MAKE>Shit>RE2MAKE>RE6

Attached: 1615365754511m.jpg (1024x331, 42.12K)

RE2make has absolutely no soul, why is it praised so much?
where's 5?

>1 and 8 better than 7
>3 remake better than 2 remake
lolemao

Attached: 1651278790502.gif (600x758, 258.59K)

its still shit like the day it was released

RE1 and RE8 ARE better than tech demo 7. you're right on the latter part though
both RE3make and RE2make are below digshit.

>Le RE2Remake is bad meme
Behold the zoomer pretending to be a classic fag.

>cucked zoomer bait 2 is actually good. you're a zoomer if you hate cucked zoomer bait 2!
kek

Attached: 54bs93pbu2q51.png (652x647, 474.67K)

Based
Gay possibly tranny levels of cringe

Survival Horror kino

Attached: 1612240512495.jpg (2100x4235, 2.16M)

RE7 would have been a lot better if they had more than like 1 enemy and explained why the Baker family had shadow puzzle technology. It honestly seemed like they ran out of time and just released what they had at the time and it shows BIG TIME

>and explained why the Baker family had shadow puzzle technology
They do explain that. the guy who made the Spencer Mansion helped create the Baker Mansion as well and the fucker just loved putting weird puzzles into the buildings he made so that's why they are there.

Honestly pretty good.I understand people wanting to skip cutscenes but i just love the opening act...even more with RE8 reveal later.
the atmosphere is just amazing.

Attached: RE7anniversary.png (670x2048, 2.5M)

RE7 was literally a tech demo made to showcase PSVR
streamers unexpectedly picked it up and it gained a massive boost thanks to zoomers buying anything pewdewpie tells them to buy
Capcom never expected their low effort title to actually sell so well.

If that was the case they wouldn't have called it RE7 they would have made it a spin off or some shit they clearly expected big things from RE7.

zoom zoom detected.

Cry moar cuck...RE7 was made with pure soul and affort after RE6 shitting the bed

RE7 is the pokemon sword shield of the RE series
it proves sheep will flock to any low effort trash as long as they're told it's good

I have better taste than all of you
RE1 > RE5 > RE2 > REmake > RE4 >>>> RE7 > RE0 > CV

Incredibly based. RE7 is shit.

It's the best games ever
I love ethan winters
I'm trans btw

Attached: Tranthan ACKters.jpg (540x540, 54.4K)

>Wah Wah Wah
Cope harder...facts>your shit taste.
RE7=Soul

It's still really good, it's just clear it laid the testing ground work for 2019's REmake 2 so it's a little overshadowed by it. Still a mighty return to series from though.

>Le scripts on rails hold forward to win shit

This is how I know only zoomers and retards like this shit.

1 > 2 > REmake > 3 > RE2make > RE3make

5 co op/ mercenaries > 4 > 5 single player > 7 > 6

Bullshit.
Transfags doesnt like Hetero Father Figures...it triggers then

Accurate as fuck holy shit user.

>Hetero Father Figures
KEK

Attached: 1522796583124.jpg (1200x765, 286.38K)

The main gameplay isn't sticking needles in people, retard.

Village is ass

Again bullshit
The ´´We Do it`` announcment was after RE7 sucess and REmake2 is completelly different
Seriously why its soo hard to people understand the importance of RE7?The gameits the sole reason to bring the franchise back to the sucess spotlight period.The new engine sucess,the back to horror path...all ws because of RE7 sucess.

The best horror games are always ones that comeback around to make you sad and lament the ending of the ride, even though it tormented you.

>Fan art made my deranged fag coping
That means nothing.
In game canon is what it matters

I'll never understand how those hicks in Louisiana managed to have so much property. I'm one of those faggots that had never played a resident evil game before and enjoyed it. The dlc was also really enjoyable.

user your kind of agreeing with user here
RE7 built the framework for RE2 Remake that clear as day

>4 people live here
Fucking how?

Attached: 1567045502285.jpg (4461x2654, 647.04K)

So you fucking agree that RE7 laid the groundwork for a later game dummy.

>In game canon is what it matters
yeah it's not like he tells chris to do him and finish the job-
wait

Attached: 1644615057020.gif (459x351, 3.52M)

Why didn't chris tell Ethan the plan from the start? This game's plot is so retarded it just makes me roll my eyes.

The original statement implied the reason for RE7's existence was as a testbed gor other games, but RE7 was always meant to be a good game by itself with the devs claiming it was nice having the artistic freedom to make the true horror game they always wanted. So once again RE7 making it easier to create RE2make =/= the reason RE7 was made was for RE2make.

Revelations 2 isnt even the best Revelations game

7 is honestly in the top 5 RE games imo; it just does so many things right.
>killer demo full of secrets/speculation (& paints your expectations so it can fuck with you in the full version)
>actually scary
>”innovated” by just doing the most basic elements right
>still gorey (fuck RE5-REV2 for doing away with real nasty ness for a while)
>top notch atmosphere with a unique and memorable setting
>goes back to the series roots by presenting a cleaned up take on the classic RE story through the lens of Texas Chainsaw Massacre + Evil Dead
>some of the series most iconic villains and bosses (Margaret fight is probably my favorite in the series besides U-3)
>doesn’t drown in too much fanservice and throws a nice nod or two to more obscure RE content like Outbreak & Revelations 1

anyways yeah it’s a damn good game and Village was a huge disappointment of a follow up

it's better than 7

Based, I like Rev 1 way more than 2 my only issue with it is that Rev 2 allows for more freedom for character builds.

Anti-7/8 posters sure love forcing this faggot shit everywhere don't you?

Because he'd still have to explain to Ethan that Mia was missing and dead anyway as far as he knew either way. I don't think Ethan would've felt much better.
It was by no means a GOOD plan (and Chris's team even said as much) but it does make some level of sense in a goofy RE way.

Attached: Mr Gay.jpg (514x350, 76.13K)

>first ever main RE protagonist to have a child with his wife(if you don't count Barry)
>actual faggots and fujos still try to make him out to be gay

The haha Chris and Wesker are GAAAYYY joke worked because those two held no attraction nor romantic relationships with women. A married man who held on for three years and went through hell to rescue his wife and had a kid with her being gay isn't a joke at all. It's just pathetic desperation.

Attached: Mia and Ethan Winters.png (713x953, 563.66K)

good:
It's ok. The move to a more classic survival horror mansion formula was nice and there's a few good sequences. Great item design and feedback in spite of being a modern game.

bad: The person of grayness with super strength thing is not scary, getting thrown into walls by a redneck is not scary. The saw sequence with the brother was dated and cringe. After playing remake 2 first person feels very limited in terms of action, a lot of situations where you have to play blind for extended periods of time because it's too slow to look at an enemy and engage with it.

>The original statement implied the reason for RE7's existence was as a testbed
No it isn't you fucking dickhead but by nature of coming first it literally did. The leap in quality of use in the RE engine between RE7 and REmake 2 is clear and massive. It wasn't a literal "REmake 2 beta" but it fucking served as one naturally.

Should I play this or Alien Isolation right now?