Why can't Elden Ring have an open word as immersive and engaging as RDR2's?

Why can't Elden Ring have an open word as immersive and engaging as RDR2's?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 209.86K)

Because they focused on gameplay instead of making a movie.

Cope OP

Because they focus on gameplay over cinematic experiences like immersion.

Because it doesn't have the R* budget

I bought RDR2 used for $20, played for 4 hours and then got buyer's remorse.

Because Elden Ring is a video game and not a horse ejaculation simulator.

Look, I haven't played Elden Ring or RDR2 and I will never play them anytime soon because they both look like garbage. Red Dead is a cinematic cowboy simulator with nothing relating to game play. Elden Ring is just an open world, instead of sandbox, Soulsshit rehash, and it looks as pointless and janky as every souls shovelware that's come out.

So I will stick with Breath of the Wild and BotW2 when the time comes.

Elden ring is basically from's first attempt at an open world, i think it was decent enough desu. Surely they'll try again though

This

>cont
I think I spent more time waiting for the game to finish installing than playing the game outside of the heavily scripted tutorial.

>movie
Holy cope. There's way more shit to do in RDR2 than elden shit.

Elden Ring has x10 more enemies, bosses and unique dungeons that BOTW has.
Why do you think Nintendo got cold feet and delayed BOTW2?

Don't care, game controls like shit, plays like shit, has more cutscenes than Hideo Kojimas shit and also is pozzed to shit.

Cope

>tendie leeching off Elden Ring again to talk about his dead game
kek

You forgot that all the "shit" you can do is completely boring shit like hunting and fishing etc

You can add 69x the bosses and it would still be a shit copy of BotW.

You have cyberpunk for that

cause miyazaki is a hack, but cocksuckers will still buy anything with his name on it

>dodge roll spam
>good gameplay

Pick one.

>spam
You can run, jump, block, parry or roll

Too much focus on "immersion" especially in a long open world game is annoying as fuck to me, at least when it comes to controls. I don't want turning around/speeding up/slowing down/whatever to take exactly as much time as it does it real life when I need to be doing that thousands of times over the course of the game. Basically fuck cinematic controls, they're cancer.

you can, but you dont, it always ends up being roll spam

A copy of BotW without weapons made out of brittle plastic is a much better game already.

This
Elden Ring never forced me to ride around on my horse listening to dumb shit NPCs talk for like 20 minutes while nothing happened.

RDR2 is so fucking boring.

Attached: FN9stfcaIAQCQNN.jpg (740x724, 48.21K)

Filtered

Attached: 1646749989827.png (881x1168, 499.36K)

dont cry

>engaging as RDR2's
it was a shit sequel to a shit game
just accept you are a faggot who wants to be fucked by cowboys faggot

because you dont have an imagination

Elden Ring's open world was just there so they could cram in more Asylum Demon bosses and it would take you longer to run past every enemy to get to the next Asylum Demon. There's literally nothing to do in the world or see.

>dont cry

Attached: 1630912824587.png (592x720, 26.42K)

An hour into RDR2 you're wondering when the actual game is going to start.
An hour into elden ring you're already getting your shit kicked in and experiencing the game full throttle. It is never acceptable for a game to get good after (insert amount of hours)

"Immersive" is a buzzword

More than that, I would say it's inherently destructive to the medium. "Engaging" is a much better word because it focuses on you playing the game not experiencing the game's world or whatever the fuck people do in asscreed/rdr2

Both were good games.

Both were shit games

I was house-sitting for my brother the week it came out and I played like 5 hours the first day and never touched it again. What an over-rated piece of shit

>reddit dead redemption 2
go back

Attached: 039D6760-FAB5-4065-B599-675CFAC5EC62.png (480x450, 361.56K)

I got bored so fucking quickly in RDR2
Most of the time I just felt like I was travailing through a map filled with nothing in it
And when you do get a mission most of the time you are just baby sat by some stupid fucking NPC

In Elden Ring you are always fighting something encountering a new enemy or boss
The world feels like it has tons of shit to find and do

I just don't get what people see in RDR2 maybe I just didn't care enough about the story or something.

Attached: 1607911670542.gif (200x200, 495.09K)

what genre is RDR2, Witcher 3 and GTAV?
I was memed into buying all 3

No, its the game of the decade, you go back, troon

If RDR2 was racist I would defend it.

He never said it was GOOD gameplay

>reddit the hedgehog

Attached: OIP.jpg (474x249, 19.77K)

that's kinda like if a game has a lgbt or poc character in it how the left will defend it. huh

Not at all, spamming dodge just gets you roll caught and killed by most bosses.
In fact, button mashing is why too many garbage players are complaining about bosses being too accurate.

Attached: Fatso.webm (960x540, 2.77M)

Dilate harder tranny, and take your Twitter memes with you when you go back

fpbp like always

Attached: km5rte.png (640x480, 433.33K)

Did RDR2 ever get better? I mostly remember a super boring snow area that felt like it would never end and I think I quiet shortly after

RDR2 is a movie game.

MASSIVE cope, god damn.

They aren't focused on gameplay because it's the same gameplay it was 10 years ago
They simply don't have the capabilities

>it's the same gameplay it was 10 years ago
lmao no

I think it was going for fun instead of tedium. Don't @ me about your discord troon bulletpoints, I'm not reading it.

RDR2's open world had if I remember correctly, half the content density of Skyrim. I bet Elden Ring had less than half the content density of RDR2

Attached: Alot-vs-a-lot1-600x450.png (600x450, 113.04K)

Fpbp
/thread
OP seething and coping

>player doesn't use mechanics
>it's the dev's fault

Elden Ring is so old-school. The game's like "fuck you, figure it out". No handholding. Its like the 90s when we wrote down notes on physical paper IRL because there was no game journal. Games were intentionally difficult and the reward for beating a game was overcoming obstacles. Artificial "achievements" and "trophies" were unheard of. Unfortunately with all these fucking wiki's Elden Ring encourages too much metagaming which ruins the potential it has of discovering everything organically the old-school way.

As for RDR2 its a pile of horseshit not worth even talking about. In Elden Ring you're alone and free to do whatever you want, which beats sitting through cringe dialogue and endless cinematics of "Arthur and friends" go watch a fucking sitcom on Netflix ffs

Rollspam is a good way to waste your stamina, get roll caught, chug and die anyway because you aren't damaging the boss by just delaying your death.

These games are always abuot few but precise rolls so you can actually attack during their recovery animations, especially on bosses.

Attached: Dragon Bridge.webm (853x480, 2.8M)

Skyrim is shit anyway

RDR2's is anything but engaging.

back in the 90s it wouldve come with a thicc user manual THOUGH

Right
>blue nice and basic realistic sky
>anatomically correct horse with very little to it
>practical history correct clothing
Left
>unrealistically beautiful cloud and sky mix with surreal coloring
>less accurate horse with small added details fantastical and not to give it character
>nonsensical armor with lots of flair to it

Its clear from this image alone that their objectives are different, RDR is aiming to be a photograph while ER is aiming to be a painting when it comes to graphics. Im sure both teams could both reach something close to eachother's strengths if they were to pursue it.

That's good RNG because usually the fucker takes off and flies 5 times a fight

Unironically, if the map and distance between everything was scaled 1.5x and you got rid of the quest markers, it'd be fantastic.

you'd need to fix the shit content and gameplay too

So if elden ring has 25% or less the content density of skyrim how shit is elden ring?

quality > quantity

yeah sure, go ahead and try to make an argument for the content in elden ring being good

He did take off a bunch but I just used the horse to outrun the fire.
He usually takes off if you hit his feet and stay under him, I try to bait his head slam/bite attack but sitting in front.
Getting 2-3 charged R2s on his face with that fantastic vertical moveset of the Meteor Blade instantly bring him down for a riposte.

>Boy I sure do love seeing scripted animations of the protagonist skinning an animal for the 50th time that adds a lot to the game.
Say what ever the fuck you want about Elden Ring but at least it never wasted your time.

Attached: 1613326359567.png (302x278, 56.79K)

cry moar

What is: farming materials or runes for items that you could buy by the hundreds in past games

Skinning is supposed to take time, you're not supposed to go out and skin every animal you see

Why not just go kill the bell bearing holder? I don't even think brazilians are grinding in this game, maybe only the gooks. Its in their blood.

I never had to farm items in Elden Ring even once.

Attached: 1624864192545.png (448x512, 167.32K)

Most of the items in this game don't have a bell bearing holder

This.
It's super unrealistic you can pick up plants, rocks and animal organs while at full speed on your horse but without this this already 150 hour game would probably have another 50 hours of just getting on/off your horse.

Attached: 1647199141437.png (1140x888, 516.64K)

>Skinning is supposed to take time
Who the fuck cares? it's still boring same as when you pick up flowers and other crap and get animations for it
I think god Elden Ring just lets me pick shit up and that's it no gay pointless animation at all.

That's cool, you never had access to most items in the game either

I would have never gathered items if this was the case.

its not like ER is perfect but good lord just ENTERING a cabin and trying to loot it was so painful in RDR2 it makes anything looks amazing in contrast
the very simple gamey RUN OVER SLAM BUTTON is welcomed after watching arthur open three cabinets

ER has been downgraded quite a bit compared to ds3, sekiro and bloodborne to make it work as an open world game on ps4
RDR2 is pure unfiltered talent poured into one video game world, it's crazy how good this game looks

Attached: 1608089952133.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

I think it's balanced out by 90% of item pickups in elden ring being useless

Attached: d3a5f63e6ac69cbf.jpg (1024x738, 127.51K)

>ER has been downgraded quite a bit compared to ds3

The only time ER looks worse than DS3 is when the dynamic weather goes into overcast + fog and w/o sun/moon lighting up things it can look very flat.

Attached: 1644603502509.jpg (3736x4064, 864.83K)

Attached: red_dead_trash.png (1260x947, 195.42K)

CoD had had 12 games in 12 years.
Souls have had 6 games in 12 years.

I bought into the character creator meme too but it's actually much less impressive when you actually use it

>copy pasted bosses, catacombs, caves and enemies out the ass
>quality