Going Rogue Steam Sale thread

This is genuinely one of the worst sales I have ever seen. Spelunky didnt even go on sale and for some reason normalfags now think souls games are part of the rogue genre which is already fucked with how devs and audiences refer to the game type.

Attached: file.png (1077x1471, 1.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/news/app/593110/view/3175610095143798950
youtube.com/watch?v=3POUi1Imy0k
store.steampowered.com/app/1615930/International_Absented_Age_Squarebound/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They misspelled rouge, fucking dumbasses

>nioh 2
>sekiro
>star wars
>chink ARPG
>tactical RPG
I dont understand what they were thinking with this catalog

Attached: file.png (998x1617, 2.3M)

Can rogue as a genre die already please

rouge is a color

i think games like dead cells, hades, rogue legacy 2 and skul are fun though. i dont want them to die but i wish there was a better word for them. i call them roguelikes and get told they're roguelites then vice versa and at the end of the day i dont really care i just think theyre fun to play while listening to music.

Are you illiterate? It has souls-like and metroidvania sections. It's not exclusive to roguelikes.

>It's not exclusive to roguelikes.
Thats obvious but my point is with the title going rogue and barely having any good sales on actual roguelikes and filling that section with vanias and souls games seems lazy. i dont get it but ive picked up a few things so i guess its fine

store.steampowered.com/news/app/593110/view/3175610095143798950
They even wrote a guide to clear it up for the idiots that would inevitably complain about the games.

>rnglucks
pass

did i miss anything good

Attached: file.png (682x768, 158.41K)

Do you get mad when there's non summer game on steam's summer sales?

Is this a fucking joke? Ignore the like/lite atgument for a minute.

Attached: 1632811737452.png (981x1357, 1.88M)

I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not, but every category is identical for me at the moment.

They skipped Golden week sale for this for some fucking reason.

This sale is an elaborate funpost to get a rise out of spergy autists who always get fuming when you misuse rogueliek with rougelite and also toss in the term metroidvania to make it even more opaque

I know for a fact that there's nothing "rogue" about this game becuase I played it.

Attached: 1628753225743.png (1103x708, 1.36M)

Gunfire reborn looks fun but you probably need friends to play it don’t you

WOW IT'S FUCKING NOTHING
A proper Golden Week sale died for this btw

If there is a roguelike and roguelite, then there is souls-like, and, where is the souls-lite.

Attached: carlos.jpg (600x600, 34.54K)

Not him but no. Because the summer sale isn't about selling you games about summer. it's about having a sale which sells you game during the summer.
This entire sale is specifically about roguelikes and lites. But is sparse on both of those.

The fucking golden week sales they used to have every year at this time were about selling Japanese games since golden week is a Japanese holiday.

Why did they drop that for this entirely impromptu sale with no focus.

Nah it's perfectly fine solo, vast majority of my playtime was alone.
There's also matchmaking in case you want to play with randumbs but I never really bothered.

It plays just fine solo but it's fun with others. There's not much to gain or lose adding or taking away more players

I kind of get Nioh 1 and 2. but not for Roguelike. but Roguelite. Since there is a whole portion of the game where you can go down several floors or randomly generated fights and bosses if you so wish to do that.

it's bugged, you dumb retards

Watch it not change all week.

I don't think it's bugged seeing how there's an article on steam explaining why certain games are there

Should I get Hollow Knight?

Nioh 2 deserves the roguelite treatment for the underworld endgame shit and the graces to be honest, you can actually play it like a roguelite if you want

yea buy jupiter hell

I might grab Devil Spire cause it's on my wishlist and it's only $7.99.

Attached: Devil Spire.jpg (970x525, 57.87K)

>click the ROGUELIKE button
>get a bunch of roguelites, and main stream games

Is Rabi-Ribi good or just coombait

I like it a lot but it's kinda tough at the start until you get the movement shit

It's actually really good.

Well, Yea Forums...did they get it right?

youtube.com/watch?v=3POUi1Imy0k

store.steampowered.com/app/1615930/International_Absented_Age_Squarebound/
anyone know if this game is good? looks interesting and has good reviews

Attached: steam screenshot.jpg (600x338, 138.24K)

oh man devs aren't even pretending to be original these days

The worst type of game on steam is the roguelike. Genuinely, if we just cut all those games from the store, it would be drastically better for the rest of us
Till then we have tag filters for this absolute horseshit you faggots continue to inflict on gaming because you suck

filtered from baby roguelites

i bet you didn't like noita

Anyone play this?

Attached: Screenshot_20220502-144647_Steam.jpg (194x475, 67.36K)

t. dev

All roguelikes are shit and exist purely to save the devs building levels that are fun or a story at all
Go fuck yourself you subhuman filth I hope you get cancer and die

Hades has a story

Overpriced, its like 6 hours long.

>Implying that anyone's gonna read the guide
The fact that the genre filtering buttons don't work right now is gonna do a hundred times more damage to the normalfag's preception than that guide could ever hope to reverse.

Not a roguelike.

Anyone played roguebook? How is it if so?
Been playing on my deck so that's probably not doing any favors since fps with controller style inputs, but I rarely make it out of the tomb. It just feels like enemies about one shot you at times and your guns are shooting nerf darts. It feels like the damage numbers are more tuned for 2+ people.

Would you guys recommend Rabi-Ribi?

>tfw you realize steam went rogue with the definition of the genre

the fuck?

Attached: 1647523705107.png (443x247, 196.92K)

filtered from gems like
>DCSS
>CDDA
>dwarf fortress adventure mode
>caves of qud

>roguelike and roguelite tabs feature the same games

Attached: 1353956773473.jpg (658x606, 92.5K)

Post your 15 rune or cope.

Yeah
"faggot dev was a fag, made a shitty dungeon generator and bigger faggots paid for this"

Please stop being a retard. It's a souls-like.

Attached: file.png (896x737, 680.71K)

Maybe because story and levels are not gameplay so they don't offer actual fun unless you are a normalfag consumer who likes to buy cinematic movie shit and self inserts as geralt of rivia

>you're filtered because you won't accept a game missing the game part and just being a level generator
Typical roguelike fag take

If you're referring to the price, that's Activision for you. They only very recently lowered the prices for COD4 and MW2, while MW3 and BO1 are still 40 €.

Yeah, you bought rogue legacy 1 instead of 2. Rogue legacy 1 is repetitive trash, rogue legacy 2 is actually pretty good.

Rogue Book is good. It actually rewards you with talents to pick for having a bunch of cards instead of like StS where a big ass deck is game-ruining. The map exploration stuff is really neat.

>missing the game part
These games are nothing but gameplay. How much longer are you going to cope for?

>there are only two games
>rogue and mgs 4
Typical rogue faggot take

Buy it.

Attached: file.png (963x772, 283.24K)

looks tranney, pass

I am 14 hours into my basic TOME run with a Dwarf Berserker, I don't really feel like adding all the DLC.

Yes, it's insane value for the price.

>me, someone outside of the company, knows more about what this sale is supposed to be about than the company that made it
Fucking retard, you know shops can focus in one thing but also sell other things that share a common demographic right? So that a customer can think "oh, i came here to buy x but they also have y, i might buy it too". Or maybe you haven't left you house enough to know that.

>souls veteran getting filtered from the actual genre that gave birth to metroidvanias because he plays metroidvanias for the levels instead of the gameplay

kekd

i like elona
i like dwarf fortress
i like ivan
i like cataclysm
i like caves of qud
any game i should get?

It's like borderlands but condensed into much shorter playtime and without the shit writing and grinding bullet sponges.

>games are nothing but gameplay
>gameplay defined in this case as mindlessly moving forwards until you die
Your genre sucks and so do you

Nah, you're thinking of caves of qud

elona
dwarf fortress
ivan
cataclysm
caves of qud

>rain world downpour just got added to my library out of nowhere
nice

>Hades, monster train, mothergunship, not on sale
>nightmare reaperonly a few cents off, still asking $30 for tunic
Why even have this sale

rogue legacy 2

I'm not a souls veteran you self aggrandizing level generator enthusiast

It can feel a little spongey if you get unlucky but as you work through the talent tree its pretty generous with rerolls, money, chance for inscriptions etc. It feels REALLY snowbally though

>Action Roguelike

Wow steam is even falsely advertising for these pieces of shit now

it's an RNG based game. Rogue was never about RNG.

Roguelite/Roguelike/Rogue Action-lite

whatever the fuck shit Steam is letting devs falsely advertise. It's bullshit and I wlil only ever play these games through piracy because fuck scumbags

I'm so sick and tired of pixelart, clipart, retro, cartoony, wacky characters that make every single game no matter how unique the game is, essentially feel and look the same as gazillion other indie games.
It's ridiculous how out of thousands of these games only a few actually stand out and are remembered. This fucking art style and the way it's presented is absolutely repulsing at this point, and this long overdone trend needs to die already.

To say noita lacks level design is the height of ignorance.

no one cares boomertranny faggot

A hilarious bug that's going to confuse even further the average mouthbreathing steam user who can't differentiate between the two.
Thanks Valve.

Is there a more autistic fanbase than the people who legitimately get upset when people call something a roguelite vs a roguelike?
They're all just video games, do people unironically lose their minds over random distinctions of sub genres? Like seriously, why do you care?

Attached: Alex_Chen_-_Main_Image[2].jpg (900x1080, 216.59K)

Ah, now you have revealed the extent at which you are shit at games, claiming the number one genre for thought and strategy is "mindlessly moveing forward". Any argument you may have hoped to achieve one day has dissolved with one sentence.

To say a roguelike is a game is the height of ignorance
AND you're a fag

That looks cool. But, can you remove this weird warping filter? I don't really feel any nostalgia for a 1960's tube TV.

Attached: 1643710405794.png (955x548, 663.6K)

The knight they made for the sale is a better character design than 90% of roguelike protagonists.

ToME2 troubles of middle earth was better
still play it to this day

Attached: 04_bree.gif (1024x683, 32.58K)

>you have to think and stuff
>about what
>moving forward
Pathetic

massive cope I bet you coduln't even reach floor 15.

>valve knew people were autistic so they made a short video, an article and a 2 hour video talking about the genre's admittedly weird and contentious definitions
>dumb niggers still complain

Point me to a game with pixel art in par with katana zero

Attached: MaskedBois.gif (230x132, 34.64K)

I used to think like you until I actually played the games. They require a lot of thought in regards to things like mitigation. If you just auto travel, you die.

>but have you played this level generator 15 times? Checkmate bigots

look p neat

Attached: 1651046373860.png (600x600, 227.02K)

Most rougelike protagonist designs are literally @, you're acting like that's a high bar to clear?

might check it out, thanks
anything else?

>floor 15
>end of the game
looooool

Most roguelikes are not ASCII.

Good, but not like those games

Does a racing roguelke/lite game exist? I'm curious since I don't know how you'd even do that.

>level generator can kill you
Somebody stop the innovation, it's too much

probably filtered by fucking pokemon mystery dungeon lul

i have 2 im buying 1 because its $3 and i want to help the devs. 2 is a blast

Saying a roguelike is no game because of the level design is like saying a fighting game is not a game because there are no bosses or "progression" lmao

average roguelike protagonist

Attached: at.jpg (643x643, 29.49K)

i was joking, user

holy cope

Cute beakie helmet :3

Better than being filtered by the concept of a complete game

Please don't buy rogue legacy 1. I played 1 when it was released, but I could never go back to it. It's extremely tedious and repetitive but I had a shitty pc and a lot of free time so I finished it. Do yourself a favor and buy rogue legacy 2, it's an objectively good game

>oh fuck he said COPE now what will I do
I know, I will say roguelikes are trash and so are you

the first two PMD games unironically have a better story than any mainline pokemon game at least.

not him but pokemon mystery dungeon red rescue team was brutal for me, especially the 100 floor dungeons
cried like a bitch at the ending, too

LONDON

i have 2 im only buying 1 to toss 3 bucks to the devs i never planned on playing it after hearing about it

yes, crypt of the necrodancer

You're the one here who likes pokemon you giant fag

>for some reason normalfags now think souls games are part of the rogue genre which is already fucked with how devs and audiences refer to the game type.
But they aren't on sale.
Which sucks because I wanted to buy DS2 for cheap with how much people have been meming it recently

any good ones i'm missing?

Attached: 2022-05-02 21_05_47-Steam.png (1433x849, 1.98M)

It's actually crazy how good 2 is given 1 was so underwhelming and clunky. The devs really stepped their game up.

holy shit its 80% off

Key sites
Or do you need to have that procedurally generated to understand it

Noita and inscryption

Dead Cells

Nuclear Throne and Monolith