Mending

>Mending

Attached: 97F1810A-9864-4FFB-AEA1-97D1F4501B5B.png (128x128, 21.86K)

I fucking hate tier 3 menders so much

Is it true that the current devs don't know how to code and they just rerun the same events over and over again?

>if you kill a Pit Boss, his Yesman minion is "promoted" into an Overtimer
It's the little things

Attached: Monster-Pit_Boss.png (128x128, 21.51K)

I miss it.

Attached: 1639222848067.gif (221x244, 1.64M)

Me too...
Even TF2 at least gets new cosmetics, even if they're mostly shit.

Because they're made by the community

i miss spiral knights
for me, it's the sealed sword

Attached: Sealed_Sword.gif (260x260, 3.02M)

>current devs
The game is kept on live support by a single person from what I remember. There hasn't been anything new in the last 5 - 7 years other than maybe new cosmetics. There wasn't even a special event for the 10th anniversary, only the usual yearly event and a "special sale" for the handful of whales. I tried it last year again and it was a huge disappointment cause the technical aspects didn't age well. Also the core mission I was looking for so long was terrible.

Game went straight downhill after the f2p model changes even with all the cool additions.

game was plagued with problems that naturally come from a whole ass mmo being made by literally who indie studio that ultimately was just there for simplistic tumblr shit and orange-man-badding
>in 2011, when indie itself was just barely starting to get mainstream
Wonder if a remake by a more competent team would get a playerbase today? RNG dungeons and focus on player independence instead of minmaxer healslut autism is an interesting idea, + all the uwu shit is bound to draw in some people.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 24.22K)

>Throw a poison vial
>his bullshit megaheal rune is now a circle of death
Some elements were alright, fuck curse though

Still waiting on that private server
Game was made in java and had the files easily rippable.

I might have had the very first haunted aura ever in this game. on the first day of the first halloween event I completed enough halloween missions to get my random reward and the first reward I got was the haunted aura. so it's very possible I got the first haunted aura in the game.
I still wear it.
I wish this game would get revitalized. It was my favorite mmo.

The game never recovered after Sega acquired it.

Fuck the hideous UI overhaul, by the way.

spiral knights thread? I loved the artstyle, it was downright inspired. Dumping the design documents for the game.

Attached: 1616043817620.jpg (631x477, 55.37K)

Attached: 1616043879433.jpg (654x435, 52.16K)

Attached: 1616043940460.jpg (657x529, 62.9K)

Attached: 1616044001254.jpg (657x479, 58.59K)

Attached: 1616044062275.jpg (647x495, 60.21K)

>orange-man-badding
>2011
Why are election tourists mentally ill?

Attached: 1616044122953.jpg (651x483, 45.68K)

Attached: 1616044185277.jpg (658x618, 76.08K)

Attached: 1616044246709.jpg (654x478, 54.93K)

Attached: 1616044347889.jpg (651x455, 49.66K)

this one always gives me a good chuckle

Attached: 1616044409745.jpg (649x493, 49.07K)

Attached: 1616044470767.jpg (653x456, 43.56K)

Drumph era was the last time i checked up on Monomi park or whatever they call themselves now, and they certainly were orange-man-badding, plus retweeting the all the "OMG SLIME RANCHER WAIFU IS SO HECCIN QUEER AND BLACK CODED"
pardon me for using simple language
oh and you have a high likelihood of not being female later in life,

Attached: 1616044544524.jpg (653x511, 51.36K)

How many indie devs put even 1% of this amount of thought and consideration into design? Most probably don't have any thoughts even remotely along these lines ever enter their minds.

monami park is not the same people who made spiral knights. only some of the art staff from SK went to work on slime rancher.

Attached: 1616044605356.jpg (653x497, 46.46K)

and here's the last design doc. hope you enjoyed seeing the 'rules' that spiral knights equipment was designed around.

Attached: 1616044666121.jpg (655x466, 40.74K)

it’s funny because it’s also 100% true
Art/sound team had such a blast with this game; hope they’re all doing well for themselves now.

Fuck you Cronus, hope you choke on all your whale money as you “curate” the game and refuse to do even basic housekeeping. I will never not be mad at how mindlessly whales bought up their PR trash. Perhaps it’s for the best since it was a good learning experience and I was able to avoid overinvesting in other cases like Warframe, Dauntless, etc.

the game design team also did a great job. each boss's gimmicks are quite varied and fun - the roarmulus twins are still my favorite boss fight in any MMO, it requires real teamwork and understanding of the mechanics.

same lead designers, monomi was founded by the guy who got his own statue on the hubworld

the game's art is just baller in general, don't think i've seen anything quite like it

Attached: spiral_knights__unused_npc_roughs_by_malakym_d9uelni-fullview.jpg (1600x1366, 201.45K)

why arent you playing spiral knights RIGHT NOW

cba to update it

because the last time I did I decided to try for the 'descend from the surface to the core in one run without dying even once' and I died on the final level in the room before the elevator. it's the only achievement I'm missing aside from the 'unlock all equipment slots' where you have to pay energy to unlock the amulet slots.
also I'm at work right now

Its in the exact same state it was when I dropped it six years ago. Except you cant even get a public party for Firestorm Citadel anymore and the PvP is unplayable due to how few people que for it.
Game is a total ghost town.

Already got every possible achievement

>ded dev team
>ded playerbase
>servers barely function despite the lack of workload
>crippling feeling of nostalgia for long-gone better days

Attached: Monster-Spookat_3.png (128x128, 17.07K)

I don’t know about roarmulus twins since the limits of creativity in that fight end at blocking one of the missiles so the quality and opposite from the other twin’s wave sneaks through. Beyond that,
>jelly is passable
>vana is good when fought fair, orbs in phase 5 can be mean
>snarby is a buggy mess where the bell can miss even if he’s standing right next to it
>battlepods are bad
>seerus is alright
>maulos is great by merit of being a slightly easier vana with better mechanics
and then there’s the mimic which was clearly phoned in years after all the talent had left and playtested by a negative number of people.
The game’s approach to combat, or at least how it ended up behaving at a high level because I sincerely doubt a lot of the nuance like charge-stepping was intended, was very unique for its time and significantly influenced my taste in games for years to come. I don’t feel too much of a void now that I’ve played monhun and EDF, but I sure wish we had at least a successor that carried the mantle of “simple ARPG with deceptive depth” and games like Diablo just don’t do it for me

Are the knights robots or some kind of energy being

don't forget margrel. I only have fought her once but the boss arena being an area that you've passed through many times as a 'safe town' area is pretty cool

no one knows. we haven't gotten any new lore in 6 years

this with a side of having done everything the game has to offer ten times over. I had my fill, I did everything I cared for, and only log in annually for GA and LoA

>"what dark ritual" paying off after years
Pretty cool

oh man I completely repressed the memory of that fucking event, 1500 pages until I got my book and that was before they started making it harder and harder to search with your friends because they were assblasted people were duping.
Visually Margrel is a spectacle, especially since Moorcroft is a great space for it as you say, but ultimately nothing special from a mechanical perspective.

what is GA and LoA? Legion of Almire? That happens a lot more than once per year.
my favorite events are Halloween and Shroud of the Apocrea

>her
ok here it is again after all these years
who tf decided that margrel is a chick
when

I tried playing it again but the lag is so big, I just can't take it
I want to love it but server-oriented netcode sucks

>owlite
>specter
Really cool, wish we got them as actual enemies
>vana almost exactly on model
>Desna an adaptation of PvP sketch
REALLY cool
>Cheese
>Shop
would have exploded the game’s fan art for heinous reasons

well first of all Margrel is a girl's name. She's clearly themed around 'witches', considering the name and the theme of 'black kats'.

Attached: margrel.jpg (480x360, 19.08K)

Grinchlin Assault, winter event mountain of almost every hard enemy mixed with brutal trap placement. Basically a SL without the stat inflation, which is important now that they’ve irrevocably screwed those up. And yes, Legion of Almire. I know it cycles every four days but my meaning was that I play them around the same time.

Rarmulus Twins might very well be the worst boss fight in all of video games.
Past the first phase, the boss fight is just sitting around waiting for the fucking stars to align to give you a small chance to actually deal damage.
All of the bosses in Spiral Knights suffer from the same problem that they involve lots of sitting around waiting for them to decide to stop being literally invincible. You have no way to influence them deciding not to be invincible, either. Take Snarbolax, for example. You hit the bell to cancel his invincibility, but the only way to get him close enough to the bell for it to hit him is to wait for him to use the one attack where he runs up to you. The entire fight involves sitting around waiting for him to use that one attack, because there's nothing else you can do in a literal sense.

I want a single player Spiral Knights game but that will NEVER happen...

and even then it will randomly just not work because fuck you spaghetti code I guess
This is why vana/maulos are the best boss fights strictly speaking. Tortos would be up there too if we could fight them one on one instead of two at once plus an endless supply of devilites

Is it still worth playing? When is end of service?

early concept art

Attached: DFt1fElXYAELx9M.jpg large.jpg (640x571, 54.03K)

it's definitely worth playing if you haven't played it before, the campaign is great fun and you'll still be able to find people to party with if you play at peak hours.
it's been chugging for 6 years with no updates so there's no end of service in sight.

It’s clear the forge update was the beginning of the end, but what was your first major red flag the devs were up their own asses? Shard bombs? Ditching the arcade for missions? Gunner update?
I can only imagine Nick left in 2014 after being fed up with all of this shit while being the face of the team as it were. We may never know what arguments or lack thereof transpired internally.

Attached: 1622049994809.jpg (2048x2048, 183.48K)

Aurora isles...home...

forge update was ass
gunner update was... misguided
arcade would be perfectly fine if they added back the mineral deposit stations
no one uses bombs besides the shivermist for vana and the electroshock for pvp so balance changes to bombs lolwhocares