Rayman got CalArts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
twitter.com/raymantogether/status/1510520625361735686

Attached: 61004325-332C-4724-96FE-E0BCEF416160.png (1280x720, 1015.18K)

>everyone hates it

lmao ubisoft
when will you learn

Attached: 1454080559674.jpg (518x285, 35.7K)

Not just CalArts, it specifically looks like it's ripping off Gumball's art style, to the point where if you told me it was intentionally made as a Gumball parody I'd believe you

Is there anything sacred left at this point?

Attached: 1649580025228.png (344x550, 193.58K)

Is Betilla in it?

why is it that all art looks the same now ? is there that little creativity left in the world? there was a time when people tried to make their designs stand out from the rest, what has changed ?

Attached: CED86B27-BFAF-444D-9043-90D13CC50DC4.jpg (394x317, 14.27K)

We keep telling you, Global homo

Wrong, CN was obssessed with the geometric thick line UPA art style back then
>Dexters Lab
>PPG
>Johnny Bravo
>Time Squad
>Billy and Mandy
>Sheep in the Big City
>Samurai Jack
>My Gym Parenters a Monkey
With only KND, Courage, Ed Edd n Eddy, C&C/I Am Weasel, Chowder being their most distinctive artstyle.

NOOOOOOO NOT A VIDEO GAME FRANCHISE IS NOTHING SACRED MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY IS BASED ON PRODUCTS AND WHEN THE PRODUCT LOOKS BAD I FEEL BAD AAAAAAA

Tfw it still looks better then the trash 4 giant teeth blobs we get today.

Attached: D8459B24-9216-4465-B970-7AE3FCBE3CB3.jpg (448x500, 141.63K)

>posts anime
ironic

Would you really want her to be?

Pretty bad.

Why are they ripping off the gumball artstyle of all things, is that show still popular?

its ultra simplistic and almost anyone can do it so its really cheap to make which in turn makes it more profitable and since this style is aimed at kids who are much less discerning about it and since anyone do it makes it easy to get fan drawing and the like which helps boost marketability for free

It only looks better cause you grew up with it.

Not as bad as Spongebob though

Attached: 1651484376047.webm (720x354, 2.93M)

Rayman looks like a beanie

Attached: BCE62981-D7F0-455A-B96D-579B6C724274.png (91x134, 6.52K)

those were the calarts of 90s

I'm just curious how they will handle her

Easy to mass produce, standardize and animate I guess

You're really reaching, Yea Forums.

art schools don't teach people to draw well anymore, they teach them to cut corners so they can get hired the second they get their degree and be instantly replaced by a fresh batch when they burn out

that's when they teach drawing at all, which the majority of art students nowadays aren't even interested in learning

Attached: the kong never ends.gif (458x334, 2.45M)

See

This
Put those nostalgia goggles aside, even back then everything looked the same
The content was much better than today tho

Before anyone freaks out this is cropped and out of context
It’s from their Twitter where they posted this animation as a “futuristic” interpretation of the old spongebob
That being said this looks like shit and just shows how some cartoons should never actually end up looking like this

>rayman is so weak of a tv effort that they have to give him the gadget and the gadgetinis treatment
Gumball’s getting a movie and a second series within the next few years, the original show ended on a weird cliffhanger

>that poll

Attached: 1566664670259.jpg (228x249, 6.82K)

It's aping the gumball artstyle hardcore.

Very sad!

Attached: 1646510288655.png (609x301, 30.88K)

The new Mario x Rabbids game had a main villain that looked like a collectible from Tonic Trouble

Attached: IMG_20220502_161227.jpg (369x489, 38.7K)

here the aforementioned collectible
since Tonic Trouble is somewhat synonymous with Rayman and was made by Michel Ancel we might have a chance for a cameo appearance

Attached: IMG_20220502_161542.jpg (991x221, 62.17K)

EWWWWW

i used to respect my french cousins, but this.. this is too much....

Please for the love just let the series die. This shit makes Rayman 3 look like a 10/10 game

Attached: 2020_04_04_23_5.png (350x418, 119.57K)

>tfw lived to see Rabbids become the more respectable franchise

Attached: 189296C6-C52E-43D4-B4E9-9E8A85D94386.gif (200x200, 918.96K)

user, that's not CN per se, that's just Tartakovsky being too influential for his own good and CN then trying to copy his style even after he fucked off.
Half of the shows on that list by the way are his.

Globo homo

I like how some of you are barely accepting Rayman is dead when after Legends all he got were 3 autorunners that recycled assets.

Only Dex's Lab and Samurai Jack are his.
He worked with the others but he didn't create them.

>is there that little creativity left in the world?
There is but nobody lets them through the colleges and therefore are not allowed anywhere NEAR major media properties.

If you are unique you take a risk and it might not work, if you just copy something that works then it works. Thats how they think. And its not just art that suffers from this its everything in modern world

user, PPG was a co-project between McCracken and Tartakovsky because they're friends going back to school days, McCracken came up with the idea but Tartakovsky is the one who did the art style and directed like half of the original episodes. It's as much his as Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack.
This is further reinforced by the fact that Genndy often put PPG references in his other works and he only ever references his own shit.

I can confidently, without a shadow of a doubt, for absolute certainty that there is absolutely no hope left for this franchise.

>Samurai Jack.
Why did the last season sucked?

It was cut into half its planned episodes, it was meant to be 20 but was cut down to 10 halfway into production because Adult Swim decided it's too risky and they don't want to invest into it and would rather order another Rick and Morty season, true story. Genndy had to rush it and so that's why it's fucked.

>sharp stylized designs bad
>round bland inoffensive designs good

Rayman is dead and we killed him

there's too much to distract you now
back in the renaissance days men had nothing better to do but advance society

I AM HAPPY FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT I DON'T WANT RAYMAN TO DIE OUT

That's like saying niggalodeon was obsessed with butch Hartman and klasky csupo because after one of their shows was successful, they had them do a few more.

>flat colors
>boring character shapes
>Background is generic and not the creative flower patterns
>Definition of soulless
I know its not official but how can CalArts make artist so bland and formulaic? Some artist i like came out of there years ago and they dont share styles, and its not just cal arts now, some drawing courses i've seen show the progress of students and before, their drawings were experimental and original even if the technique was wrong but once they finish the course almost all of the drawings look like they could be made by the same artist, i dont want to go to Art schools but if art graduates have it hard self taught probably have it worse i dont know

>rayman without any of the hot girls
They had gold and they dropped it like fools

>Bob looks like a fag
>Patrick has monkey lips
How? SpongeBob is one of the most simple and effective characters to draw, how do you fuck it up?

lmao at first I read it as Tarkovsky and started wondering in what way Stalker had influenced Cartoon Network

>The Rayman franchise literally sold million of copies
>Somehow, it's not enough to make new video games, besides mobile trash
>But it's enough to make a show out of it

How ? Why ?

Attached: 1642365984163.gif (452x254, 767.29K)

I mean, they're both Russian and have similar family names, easy mistake to make.

>Nail a good art style with Origins/Legends
>Proceed to never use it again
Classic Ubisoft.

Oh my fuck why?!

>>But it's enough to make a show out of it
Which in theory would be more of a financial risk since kids don't even watch cartoons nowadays

Retard. If you want something that can't ever be sullied by corporate greed then you're looking in the wrong place. Old niche games that were not successful and barely anyone remembers won't get this kind of treatment but Rayman? Rayman might not have the biggest shit out there, but something like this was never an impossibility for it. It's an IP owned by a big corporation after all.

Attached: 1289167091390.jpg (660x545, 85.99K)

Bad timeline please load the game

Attached: IMG_9944.jpg (480x421, 31.66K)

Wait the fuck is this, a new rayman? I thought Ubishit abandoned this series?

Man, CalArts used to be THE big animation school
Where all the talent met hard work and hard work met talent
What the fuck happened

why not, gumball's mom is hot

Jews, Women, Niggers, Communists
Not necessarily in that order.

Wow, dumb and a newfag.

And so it goes. The fashions of the time are always dictated by a few general models. Our time is not worse in that regard than any previous one.

gendy would bitchslap you for prenteding he influenced beanmouth shit off all things

>absolute kino for the first ~3 episodes
>turns into a progressively worse bloated mess for the rest
A real shame.

At least the video game sort of retconned the ending. Jack deserved happiness.

Why the fuck are you expecting creativity from Ubisoft of all things? They, and other big companies like them aren't going to give you anything with actual thought put into it.

Attached: 1300549548596.jpg (656x1000, 131.3K)

You fucking retards can upload a few images without having to link to Twitter for fuck sake.

>Companies only want the blandest most marketable designs to sell to the lowest-common denominator
>College students go to college to get jobs afterwards
>I wonder what we should teach
But of course it's your schizo boogeymen

The fact that a person or multiple people actually took time and effort to make this makes me unfathomably angry

I liked Rayman 3 the art is really nice and combat and platforming feel better. I liked the lighter tone too

Attached: 1592771360792.png (145x116, 7.08K)

>calarts
Like the iron giant? Your buzzword carries no meaning, retard-kun

Attached: 1624329762515m.jpg (1024x1005, 66.79K)