Thankfully they've gotten rid of Western studios and will no longer burn money on shitty games like Marvel

twitter.com/SquareEnix/status/1521023402449903622

Thankfully they've gotten rid of Western studios and will no longer burn money on shitty games like Marvel

Attached: se.png (603x267, 40.37K)

so thor won't even get into avengers lol

that means we're probably getting new deus ex and thief games. maybe they will go with AA on both instead of shitty AAA, that way they can focus on the core gameplay that makes stealth game good

>and IP.

Attached: 1650317307218.jpg (620x640, 52K)

nothing square enix makes is good idk why you care

>YESSSS DUDE now all these companies that produce mid can produce the mid that I LIKE

Means that they are getting the studios and the rights for "their" games, usually those are separate.

thats the point, square no longer owns the deus ex and thief IP. they literally just sold it

>mid
What is this zoomer speak?

oh i'm stupid

what games did Embracer release so far?
I'm keep hearing about the acquisitions, but I don't hear specifically about Embracer games

>the marvel partnership was such a disaster that they had to sell both western studios
oof

I'm really happy to see Squeenix dump all their mediocre western wokeshit. Hopefully we get better J& ARPGS from them now.

Fuck Disney

Attached: mvc.jpg (642x683, 98.37K)

>Mid
Go back to twatter.

You weebs crack me up. The western side of SE was never the problem
>Square Enix also said the transaction enables the launch of new
businesses “by moving forward with investments in fields including blockchain

Attached: 1648257140717.jpg (400x365, 47.08K)

The tweet makes it sound like they are aquiring themselves. I had to read it twice

Does this include Sleeping Dogs?

about time
still though, 300 million seems terribly cheap for all of those IPs + workforces

Embracer games is Nordic/THQ, the ones who buy up old IPs and studios on the cheap and releases solid remakes/sequels
they rebranded a while ago

Attached: 1651392702666.gif (560x420, 685.45K)

>gematsu.com/2022/05/embracer-group-to-acquire-crystal-dynamics-eidos-montreal-and-square-enix-montreal-from-square-enix
What do they mean by this?

Attached: 1650037065442.png (690x157, 42.55K)

>You WILL buy the NFTs, kupo!

They will instead burn them on NFTs now

buzzwords that make investors happy

Yeah bro, Balan Wonderworld is so much better than Deus Ex.

Kys weeb

>Does this include Sleeping Dogs?
Probably, but Sleeping Dogs was an SE game (not Eidos), and the studio that made it no longer exists (so no devs would have asked for the IP).

>He forgets about the mouse's personal game series

They still have Life is Strange btw

the funny thing is, as shit as those squeenix marvel games were; they were better than anything else they've released in the past decade

The Deus Ex games alone were better than anything Square made after they stopped being Squaresoft. I guess SE finally got fed up with being mogged by the superior devs at Eidos Montreal.

It's one of their pillars, along with Forspoken.

Forcing these studios to make Marvel shit instead of the games they were known for was SE's brilliant idea.

peak shantae design

>get rid of Deus Ex, Thief and Tomb Raider
>keep life is woke
Yeah, that sounds like Square Enix, alright.

>didn't sell Just Cause
Fuck

>outriders

I forgot that existed.

nah, Elon blew a bag. fuck that cornball frfr. i'm a 4channer now. no cap.

Life is Strange has sold more than your chud games have. No one but racist boomers care about shit like Deus Ex and Thief. Your precious free market has sent SE the message that gamers want games about empathy and diversity. Deal with it.

couldn't they make back like $50,000,000 of that in a month by just offering half their catalog as epic games store freebies?

I don't see the point of posts like this. No-one actually believes this is your opinion, so it's not even an effective troll

Will SE Japan get bought out by Sony?

oh look the company that wants to produce more japanese focused games is buying one of biggest westaboo companies

>DX is now lumped into the same holding group as gearbox's games
This is gonna be good.

no, Square Enix is too big (as in they don't only make video games)

SE is the one selling, not buying

READ NIGGA READ

Haha exactly what I thought

the first Life is Strange and Before the Storm are unironically comfy sapphic slice of life kino.

the wording in he op tweet is imcomprehensible and reads more like square is buyIng than anything else

Why would Square Enix need to buy Square Enix Montreal? Can't you just parse it from that?

>square enix is so mismanaged that they're buying their own divisions

the absolute fucking state of them

low = indie shovelware
mid = AAA shovelware
high = AAA bangers

Makes sense since the Japanese side never really understood the Western side and vice versa. Will probably benefit both sides anyway.

I liked True Colors so eh. It wasn't perfect but I liked it way more than I expected, which was not at all. Still needs to work on the pacing of them though, especially the beginning and end stretches.

kek

I hope that money goes into reworking FFXVI’s character models because they look like shit.

i thought they owned it but divisions and shit can.be weird. like game freak, pokemon cOmpany, nintendo, etc

i tend to trust the grammar of what i read. its not my job to decode esl english

Sure love IP being passed around like a hot potato , very reassuring

as it so happens, sony also doesn't only make video games. maybe if they combined square enix's manga with sony's animation studios...they could make money???

You act as though Square was doing anything worthwhile with any of them

just be rich bro

Attached: gettyimages-1229893385-67e8cde627cd386bca54d5ea28c12827ea778439-s1100-c50.jpg (1100x824, 73.52K)

The beginning of the end.
>Every second remaster looks like trash god even emulators runs it better.
>FFR7 is not enough sales
>Jack's game flopped
>Guardians of the flop
>Avengers flopped
>Quiet man
>Left alive
>Baloon Wonderflop
>Just Cause 4 flop
>Babylon's flop
>Flopspoken
> New Valkyrie Profile looks like shit
>Barry's favourite game

Square is sinking. Wonder if they'll ever be able to make remake's 3-rd part. Predict they'll squeeze rest of the game into FF7R2 being a corridors-but-wider kingdom hearts Nomura's bullshit with more benis Toriyama's jokes. Screen it.

Attached: hoo_boy.jpg (445x379, 42.11K)

It's almost like IP is bullshit

>Sure love IP being passed around like a hot potato , very reassuring
They bought the studios who developed those IPs as well, which is generally a good thing.

YOU VILL eat ze bugs