Why is erafaggotry the worst thing plaguing the sonic franchise and how can we stop it?

Why is erafaggotry the worst thing plaguing the sonic franchise and how can we stop it?

Attached: erafag.png (890x411, 342.82K)

By settling on a specific style of Sonic as the one and only iteration of the character.

I’m just sick of Sonic characters looking like theme park mascots

God I hate this blue rat and its fans

Sonic was never good

Kill every single faggot that partakes in erawarring.

Attached: 1602620101903.jpg (2240x2522, 1002.64K)

I only enter into combat because I have been drug into it.

>erafaggotry is only a term used by Modern Sonic fans who are buttblasted that SEGA doesn't like them anymore

Modern Fans were very happy to shit on everyone else when they were on top.

Wrong.

Attached: sonic tier.png (1051x710, 1M)

You have the option to ignore it.

Attached: 1581147856808.jpg (720x706, 129.96K)

This and it should be Adventure Sonic

I think they should go the Zelda route and redesign everything each game. Sega thrives on experimentation and doing crazy shit; there's no way to play a Sonic game "safe" because everyone's expecting something different. A game that makes the Classic, Adventure, and Boost fans happy will probably still disappoint some SatAM fan or Sonic Advance fan or something.

Fuck off eranigger

Attached: 125123618652917.png (262x264, 139.08K)

Be mad that Adventures is dead forever.
No more chao gardens, no more Crush 40 boomer rock.

You should have supported Sonic 06 if you liked the Adventure series, Sonic 06 was SA3

Because it's pointless, each 'era' has had its ups and downs, peaks and valleys.
You stop it by not embracing any one of the groups, treat classicfags the same way you treat Adventurefags or boostfags. With disdain.

Making good games could be a good start

>You should have supported Sonic 06 if you liked the Adventure series, Sonic 06 was SA3
I did, I bought two copies

>and how can we stop it?
Trust the plan

Attached: 232345.png (934x336, 456.69K)

sonic 06 wasn't on the wii so i couldn't play it

It's a hedgehog not a rat.

It's a rat and so are its fans

The worst thing plaguing the Sonic franchise, by a wide margin, is Sonic Team.

Attached: 1651424152543.webm (570x432, 714.66K)

Didn't nintendo scalp all of the competent members of Sonic Team after the olympic games

It started when Sonic Team decided to reboot the series in 1998

That didn't happen
Also lol

Attached: sonic adventure.jpg (1575x1047, 807.37K)

>uninformed erafaggot comes in and talks shit
Sonic 3 and Sonic CD are both referenced in Adventure.

Not even Starline can save the franchise

But perhaps he could

Attached: 167324.jpg (1186x1800, 300.79K)

DCBROTHERS?!?!??!?!

>see threads saying the sonic adventure games are actually good
>try playing them
>spend more time watching the game play itself or doing braindead gimmick sections than actually interacting with the core gameplay
>see threads saying sonic heroes is actually good
>spend half the time watching the game play itself and the other half using the shallow core gimmicks to do the same braindead tasks over and over that a single character could have done on their own, this time with the worst boss fights in a platformer
>see threads saying any of the newer 'boost' games are good
>the games just play themselves and are practically the same level of interaction as QTE segments
Someone please actually explain to me why this franchise still has a following at all.

>how can we stop it?
kill everyone who has ever posted in /sthg/

Make movie Sonic the new Sonic. It's the best half way point between the two designs, and it's pretty much the face of the franchise at this point anyway.

>go out of your way to hate thing
>be surprised that you hate thing
lol

I went in looking for fun and got boredom instead. If 'going out of my way to hate them' means expecting a good time then I guess you can consider me guilty.

The sonic adventure games are good, and so are the boost parts of Unleashed and Generations

Attached: winning.jpg (296x170, 6.78K)

I still find it ironic that Sonic ended up having the best movie game of all time consider it's been producing trash games for nearly 2 decades.

mario did this a long has time ago and it has worked wonders for nintendo and their branding as the disney of video games

On a second look, I actually doubt you ever played any of those games. Your criticisms are vague and don’t even appear connected to the games in question. Who looks at Adventure 2 and thinks “the foremost issue with this game is that it plays itself”?

Which begs the question. Why the fuck do you even come to Yea Forums to discuss games you haven’t played?

erafagging is sega's fault

This
>Retard deluded into thinking Adventure games are good
Lmao

I did indeed play them. I hated the game constantly being interrupted so I could watch the characters go around a big-ass loop, fly through the air, or practically just run automatically through a linear section. Though the worst one was in the sky fleet stage in heroes where you literally just grab onto a flying thing and take a tour around the ships' models. Admittedly my main problem with 2 was playing as the characters that weren't sonic/shadow, the non-interactive bits and shitty gimmicks were more of an SA1 thing.
Assuming I didn't play them and trying to act smug about that just makes you look like a sensitive faggot to be honest. I wanted to give the games a chance, was severely disappointed, and was legitimately curious what keeps people coming back to these games.

Most Sonic games are good and the faults of the games are exaggerated.

Also the long rail-focused levels were some of the most dull fucking segments I've ever sat through in a 3D platformer, I can't imagine why those kept getting reused throughout the games.

>Sonic ended up having the best movie game of all time
relax, it wasnt that amazing. it was mediocre as fuck. Just because it wasnt 0/10 doesnt make it a 10/10 you psycho.

did we watch the same movie or was that the most lazy character arc that they rammed up sonic's ass for no reason? I really cant stand seeing sonic portrayed as a little kid in these coming of age stories when he was full of confidence from the first cutscene in sa1 and 2
Why did they spend like 15 minutes on the unfunny black ladies rescuing sonic and even more time on the eggman's stupid fag assistant?

Consistently good games would put a stop to it. Hopefully, Frontiers is the start to that.

the faults of heroes, shadow, 06, unleashed, lost world, and forces are enormous. even if you like heroes and got gud at it, the game mechanics are clearly held together with duct tape. its a fucking miracle that heroes is playable at all, and the content structure is dogshit anyway.
the faults of the advance and rush games are exaggerated and those games are awesome.

I like generations, but I cant be fucked to replay unleashed. Ive been spoiled by better beat em ups.
unleashed, lost world, boom, and forces are just tragic

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, sorry for jumping up your ass for no reason user. Having a bad day I guess.
It’s really just a matter of taste. I can’t speak for Heroes or Unleashed fags, but even as a kid I found the alternate playstyles in the Adventure games to be interesting and really fun in their own right. I recall my sister and I used to play City Escape, Meteor Herd, and Cosmic Wall repeatedly to farm rings. Whether you like SA1/2 seems dependent on whether you’re willing to accept the other playstyles for what they are or not.

>not liking final rush
disregarded for having phenomenally shit taste

Sonic's movies are not good, what they are is repeating what Sonic X did, adapt the best of Sonic material from the games. So stuff like Sonic & Knuckles and the incoming Sonic Adventure 2 comes to mind. The gimmick unlike Sonic X is this time it's done in live action. But do you ever see praise for the wholly original elements from these movies? No one gives a damn about these humans. And if these movies truly were forced to be original content completely they would fail. It's the nostalgia middle aged men have for the best of the Sonic games that's helping these movies cash out.

And after they adapt the Sonic Adventure 2 story they will probably have only the first Sonic Adventure game to adapt the echidna tribe getting killed by Chaos explaining Knuckles being the last one. And after that these movies will be completely out of good nostalgic material from Sonic's well received games. Anything after that is a guaranteed failure. The movies have never been good they are merely treading old nostalgic ground as a safety net.

I wish the advanced games could get a rerelease similar to what the classics are getting, those games would be really cool in widescreen.

I would only tolerate those games if they make getting the Chaos Emeralds fair, because those conditions and special stages are tedious as hell, kills replay value.

And it sucks.

Attached: NSMBification.jpg (2048x2048, 756.16K)

>old good
>new bad

kill yourself adveturetroon

The adventure games don't play themselves at all, specifically adventure 1 - you had to steer sonic through the "cinematic" sections with your controller because he'd straight up just stop and fall to his death otherwise. Fucking kill yourself you disingenuous fag

>old sometimes good
>new sometimes good
that's all there is to it

Firstly no one can fix that thanks to Sonic Team re-inventing Sonic every decade. We just have to cope with that. Secondly we have to hunt down every nigger who use such terms as "dark age" and "meta era" due to Americans being retards so they had to make shit up again and use it instead of being normal.

not him but having to hold the control stick forward doesn't really help

Just literally make proper sequels to Sonic 3 in that style, and rename new Sonic to something edgy sounding and split him off with Shadow and Silver and all the other gay shit as its own IP
Tails and Knuckles stay with old Sonic, they can get simalcrums or OCs or substitutes that probably already exist in the new games to replace them
Generations doesn't deserve to be in the same tier as S3K, it feels floaty as fuck by comparison. A tier for sure, but not S.

Also you fucking forgot Sonic R you pleb, add it in S right fucking now

Friendly reminder classic purists ruin everything they touch. Fuck them.

Attached: soulvssoulless.png (800x1018, 1.48M)

Mania is in different timeline. They already branched Sonic and can go further both with nu-Classic and main Sonic.