Spirit Ashes

who are your favorite spirit ash summons?

Attached: 1A524CED-B4C6-4A8B-80AC-751FC5EDB8E7.jpg (1255x489, 324.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Es4buaMP_cw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Radahn Archer and the Pumpkin summon, love them, normally I use the archer for poke against big bosses and the Pumpkin multiple bosses.

damn I haven’t tried either of those yet

>joins you of her own accord

how many other spirits if any do that?

Attached: Sniper_Elite_Latenna.jpg (1240x1754, 1.08M)

this one is my favorite, she’s like a turret

The Nox maidens duo

Yeah I wish more legendary ashes had a story tied to them like hers.

I love these niggas, they don’t do anything but aggro and tank

Attached: 6C925EAD-D605-4291-BF96-A4BFAB788F2D.png (200x200, 18.9K)

These fuckers deal with the first half of the game without breaking a sweat. And it's great fun to watch them spaz out as soon as they get hit

Attached: marionette_soldier_ashes_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px(1).png (200x200, 19.02K)

Best non-legendary spirits in the game. Between their shields and their being five of them they not only survive forever but actually do pretty good damage.

Attached: greatshield_soldier_ashes_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 19.73K)

Dung Eater, unironically

Are they better than plague corpse ashes tho? cause those guys do jack shit except aggro and tank but they do that exceptionally

From what I've seen, yes. Especially against anything that does all or mostly physical damage.

She should have a quest to combine her with the wolves ashes that would be great.

>White woman
>calls wolf her "Better half"
>rides him
What did Memeizaki mean by this?

tanky as fuck but unfortunately they suck against some bosses, Malenia basically uses them as a free heal dispenser

thoughts on these guys?

Attached: 691717DC-E5DD-4722-96C7-1780098D5E4B.png (200x200, 19.52K)

Where do you get dung eater and the crystal nigger ashes?

dung eater is convoluted quest line you have to give him selvus’ poison. I fucked up and selvus was dead so I couldn’t give it to him. not sure about crystal nigger

Crystalian was my favorite non named. Great tank for any non strike damage bosses.

this is another touhou thread

At the Capitol and I still haven't met a boss this guy couldn't fuck up. Anything that's not too big to stagger gets absolutely pounded into the dirt

Attached: banished knight engvall.jpg (700x700, 111.35K)

gets outclassed

The cartwheeling albinaurics were my favorite I love them

Attached: albinauric_ashes_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 18.24K)

My lads are Aurelia and Oleg. But if there are multiple bosses, I'll take in another me or the monkeys.

Just don't advance Ranni's quest until you've got the seedbed and the key to his cell. If you give her the Nokron treasure, Seluvis dies.

Agree with both you anons. Engvall is buff as fuck, but he's just a bit passive to match up with truly top tier ashes. I found that to be the single biggest factor in how effect an ash was: how frequently they actually throw out attacks.

that she's princess monoke

Attached: kino.jpg (1200x673, 218.86K)

Demi-humans because they monke

It's even more cool when you realize she can ride wolves that are around the area.

They do. Pay attention to the fucking game.

I want em to talk to me.

Attached: 1651426000353.jpg (1240x1263, 193.29K)

So far all mine are borderline useless because I haven't upgraded any. I'm waiting out to see who's best and then pooling my upgrades to max em out. I'd just hate to have a few half-assed upgraded and then not have any more materials. I'm the same way with weapons, so I still only really use whatever I grab at a +8 lvl and deal with it until I find THE weapon.

Really?

Attached: 1615124989362.gif (200x165, 467.43K)

Just go to the twin eternal cities, you'll find shop items to take them to +6. The elite ones, anyways.

I got them to +7 today and they are super strong. They can tank hits, deal dmg and stagger the boss all on their own. Really strong against enemies that are weak to fire since they also deal lots of fire dmg.

Skellingtons because they get back up to take more aggro after they die, and my dumbass no mana quality build guy can actually afford to summon them.

Don't give up, skeleton!

just get the cracked tear that gives you unlimited mana and summon whatever you want t. mindlet still adventuring with tiche

Me and my bro

Attached: Mimic Tear.png (1280x718, 580.01K)

Yeah but how many of those other summons keep getting up for another round after they eat shit? Skeletons have such gumption

Never tried em, are they cool? Also WHAT THE FUCK are rune arcs for?

repair a great rune at the appropriate divine tower
equip great rune
eat rune arc
receive benefits

I like Tiche, but the fucking skill only hits 50% of the time. I've tried many other summons, but they're all pretty subpar. The wolves were pretty good when I first started the game, followed by the jellyfish.

I do enjoy the mimic tear because it is an exact copy of you and uses everything you have equipped currently -- even shitty stuff you forgot about like ghost bell.

Don't forget using torch skills instead of guarding or attacking with a real weapon. Wouldn't be so bad if it was Trina's, I guess.

Why is it always dog?

This. I still haven't consumed any though, figure I'll save mine for any bosses I get stuck on or the like. I imagine they're pretty finite and rarer to find. I think I've got like 15? Maybe more or less at this point. They're not like say human effigies or flames or whatever in DS; don't seem to pop up quite as much.

Some of the summons do cool things, mostly their benefit is just distracting the boss so you can get some breathing room and get a few big hits in.
You need to pop a Rune Arc to get the benefit from a Great Rune you have equipped, otherwise it doesn't do anything. The effect lasts until you die.

FREE RATS

you get one for free every successful phantoming

i've got like 65 just helping people with rennala while fucking around with builds

You can find and buy around 40 or 50 throughout the game, and they're technically farmable as a rare drop from rats (very rare, I've only seen one drop across 200+ hours and it was on my ARC file)
The intended way is to get them from multiplayer, a successful session (kill a boss, win a duel, defeat an invader) will give you a Rune Arc every time

Probably the most useless but they did help me out in the early game for taking aggro off me towards the end/start of fights.

Attached: wandering_noble_ashes_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 19.18K)

This

time to deploy: THE BOYS
bonus, dress up as the Masoleum Knight and pretend they are your headless shadow clones

Attached: mausoleum_soldier_ashes_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 22.01K)

My wife Tiche is fantastic. Besides her, I also like using the archer summons such as Ogha or the Marionettes.

Attached: theboys.png (200x200, 19.81K)

Too bad none of these besides mimic and maybe dung eater scale into end game

it was better before the last patch. now enemies and bosses seem to make sure they kill the skeletons completely dead

I haven't tried any other summons except the jellyfish, it's useful every now and then as a short distraction

What do these do?

Yeah. I don't have the WebM some user posted earlier but if you summon her around wolves (The big white ones), she'll just hop over one.

Kristoff is such a fucking letdown.
I mainly just use tiche or ogha

Floh carried me when fighting the dragon that is guarding Ranni

Attached: file.png (200x200, 59.03K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Es4buaMP_cw

Attached: 9219a5e4424f3c097846e0ab41b510cb.jpg (344x379, 18.98K)

I honestly just upgraded the mimic to max since I know it the best one to help for bullshit bosses in dungeons
Otherwise I'm too scared to waste all my flowers on the wrong ash and regretting it and never use them for story or 1vs1 bosses because i want to git gud

Why upgrade material are not unlimited behind absurd price with a new game+/late endgame npc

Attached: 1632528017078b.gif (600x338, 298.69K)

I actually find him pretty aggressive, at least compared to Oleg and is better at holding aggro than Lhutel. Of the early game legendries, I find him to be one of the best. Maybe that's just my experience though.

Beyond that though, I'm boring. Tiche kind of ruined the rest for me by comparison. Shame too, some look kind of neat.

Attached: __black_knife_assassin_elden_ring_drawn_by_karasu_raven__aa24c0f3c54b987c851b3f72c20ab309.jpg (4096x3493, 1.86M)

A line or two of text isn't a story~

Mimic was supposed to be this big involved side quest where you had a mimic waifu living inside you for a while, but it was scrapped.

>run a Melee build
>Most of ashes eat all your PC
I rather buff myself

Attached: 1646549624517.gif (208x222, 257.73K)

Most bosses have elemental or status aoes that fuck these guys up. Way too unreliable to invest in.

Good stuff, I'll have to start using them more often then!

Mimic Bro
Dung Eater
Black Knife Tiche
Skeletal Militiamen
Wolves

Honestly I never had luck from the beginning with that. My skele's were always doubled down on by bosses. I thought they'd be a good continual distraction but no dice. They always got spanked and put down for good.

Do you people actually use spirit ash summons on bosses?

I just use them for camps if the icon pops up. Why ruin a boss experience unless you're just achievement hunting?

>For sale: baby shoes, never worn.

Attached: 935137fffbef93da27c1c94394dc838a.jpg (2968x2968, 538.68K)

That's a really cool detail that seems like it'd only be relevant in super specific situations. I can't remember summoning anyone to fight a pack of wolves.

Attached: aenreth.jpg (899x709, 133.92K)

They're honestly not designed for bosses
Elden ring is an open world, it made to help you survive some bullshit it throw at you when you were unprepared during exploration

Here a little tip
Use Godrick rune until you hit the softcap of vigor/mind/endurance then switch to radhan

Everyone has their own way of using them, I personally only use them when playing with colossals and if the encounter has two or more mobs
Fuck getting gangbanged, did it on my first plathrough and that's enough