So Rogue Legacy 2 came out of early access, what are your thoughts on it?

So Rogue Legacy 2 came out of early access, what are your thoughts on it?

Attached: 1633850060801.jpg (888x500, 71.94K)

The story is fucking awful. The humor is cringe and the "melodrama" is the usual shit autistic tranny devs from the bay area come up with.
The gameplay itself is hit or miss. The enemies move and attack too fast to react to a lot of the time so most of success or failure is about exploiting broken builds or just waiting until you've grinded out enough upgrades to kill everything in one hit.
The artstyle is very detailed and very generic at the same time.
The movement is tight, the controls make sense, and the dopamine drip feed of upgrades works well, but if not for the fact that it's been a while since a good game like this came out, it would be a 7/10, not the 9/10 reviewers say it is.

bro i know you work for cellar door it's blatantly obvious by your twitter PR type style of shilling your own game.

people aren't crazy about your game. get the mother fuck over it. you're indie. accept it.

only play this if you're THAT desperate for a new roguelite, and that's saying something cause there's probably dozens if not hundreds of them out there and nearly all of them are better than this

Zanzibart....forgive me tier storytelling but fun

I'm still mad at the original for popularizing metaprogression roguelites in the first place

Yea Forums doesn't talk about videogames
no Tunic threads
no Crystal Project threads
no RL2 threads
no Loop Hero update threads

this is a shithole that only talks about triple A mostly visited by edgy redditors who don't even play videogames. This is just Yea Forums with a videogames theme.

the only good game you mentioned there is tunic and there have been plenty of threads about it faggot

>no Loop Hero update threads
what update? I have the game installed on steam and there's been no updates in months, I also check the news section every day and haven't seen shit

I never finished the first one.

first one plays like shit.. as someone who HATED the first one and it's sloppy controls I really enjoy the sequel

everything I've seen suggests it's just more of the first game.
I did not enjoy the first game

Attached: E406EDD7-EC59-413E-BEE6-6B3286FEE368.jpg (1410x870, 204.46K)

Should I play Rogue Legacy 1?

Only if you already have it and don't have 2. 2's a pretty straight upgrade mechanically and from what I've played the plot of 1 doesn't matter to 2.

see
It's like the first game was a janky alpha vs the sequel being a full, polished game. Like I said, I HATED the first game, thought it played like shit, but the sequel is actually good. Give it a try and refund if you aren't feeling it.

see
No, just get the 2nd one instead

>The gameplay itself is hit or miss. The enemies move and attack too fast to react to a lot of the time so most of success or failure is about exploiting broken builds or just waiting until you've grinded out enough upgrades to kill everything in one hit.
Mostly this. A lot of weapons struggle to find openings to kill enemies when there's more than two or three at once. Some have just absolutely fucking awful hitboxes like the mage staff, duelist's rapier or ronin's katana. Meanwhile archer is op as fuck. Oh and bard is fucking hilarious.

Though this is from the perspective of a person who sucks at platforming. How the fuck are you supposed to beat the first boss when quite literally every hit he does is practically undodgeable. If you dash into him you take damage. If you jump you get hit anyway. What the fuck are you supposed to do in that fight? I feel like I'm missing something but idk what.

I blitzed him down with damage and health upgrades. Never really mastered that fight other than just learning the attack patterns well enough to dodge ~3/4 of them

Tunic is an extremely austistic game with the moon language shit
Fuck getting the fairy shit done

I'm also shit at platforms and I'm about 4 bosses deep now but the boxer has been my boss tank the whole game. I won't call it broken but the ability to move past non-attacking enemies is a game changer for bosses. I think I've beaten 3/4 with the boxer just because you can pour damage constantly and move through them to avoid some of the attacks.

But how do you even dodge them? You can't jump over him and you can't dash through him. The closest I got to killing him was like 40% before I ran out of hp.

For some of the attacks, you need to position so that he doesn't corner you before he actually attacks. You also have an airdash by that point, so just jump past him

You can air swipe his head to bounce over him if he's got you in a corner. The fireballs you weave between, the leaping attacks you can go under him.

Dungreed just got a patch and it's the better Rogue's Legacy

The writing is obnoxious. Who the fuck though that hard liberal ally humour would help sell a game

A lot of the shit the enemies do is telegraphed, the only annoying shit to me are those champion monsters that fill the screen with shots, that shit does feel cheap as fuck, also the shielded enemies are fucking annoying

I see.. I suppose I need to give it another try. Thanks for the tips.

Maybe I need to try him with the boxer.

i believe one of the devs found a good middle eastern restaurant, and they had to communicate how good it is (and how worldly they are for eating said cuisine) via the rune NPC

Tunic is meh

Is there a story payoff for the fact that all the NPCs treat you like one person, when you're supposed to be a new character every time? Or is it just retarded devs not understanding their own premise?

there's one thing I don't understand, I haven't finished it yet, I gotta beat the sun palace boss and whatever is ahead, I got those secret quest things, and it gives me +15% damage on the boss of the area the secret was found, what was the point of this? I mean I already beat the boss, does it count for the Soul challenges that have the same boss? Feels underwhelming finally finding it and then it's more damage for a boss I already killed and that I can't fight again

I wouldn't know but that sounds appropriately out of touch

it's okay
im not super into platformers so the later biomes that focus on it heavily are not my jam.
the controls are tight, but when there's more than like 4 enemies on screen it doesnt matter, youre gonna get fucked unless youre op.
i dont like the meta progression shit, just like the first game. the tree is ok for unlocking stuff, but i hate how you have to pump gold for hp, damage, weight etc. it means i never know if im strong enough for the next zone, or if i should be grinding. same with unlocking armors and shit.
so now im back to the loop of thinking im too weak for a zone, and going out to do a grinding run so i can get an upgrade or two and repeat.
ill probably just drop it like i did the first one.

Played it for 2 hours and I'm wondering if I should refund it. I enjoyed the first game for what it was, but I found even that one pretty mediocre.

I can't see myself spending time on this

the classes annoy me, I don't understand how I'm supposed to play, a lot of them just feel like shittier versions of the dude with the sword.

I kind of hate all the classes, I don't wanna bother learning them either

im the same? outside of a few classes like duelist, barbarian, valkyrie i kinda hate the rest. they either feel gimmicky or flawed for the fast style of combat.
like the dragon fucker, he feels way too slow and clunky compared to the other classes.

>god tier
Boxer
Gunslinger
>good tier
Dragon Lancer
Valkyrie
Knight
Barbarian
Ranger
Astromancer
>okay tier
pirate
ronin
assassin
>bad tier
mage

dragon guy is fun as hell, just dashing and coming from an angle feels great, if you just dash staying level flight all the time you're going to end up eating fireballs

I like it a lot. A clear improvement from the original which i thought was mediocre.

>How the fuck are you supposed to beat the first boss when quite literally every hit he does is practically undodgeable.

he telegraphs all his moves and they are easily dodged by jumping up and dashing over him, moving backwards, etc. holy shit is this your first video game?

Lads, i need your help. Im having trouble with sustain (with both str vamp and int vamp runes equipped) and finding the double jump upgrade in the ice area.
Hell i dont even need the double jump upgrade, the ranger or dragoon does that 20 times better and easily beats out even triple jumps in terms of mobility and can easily beat the puzzles that require it without effort, but im just mad that i cant find it.

>Or is it just retarded devs not understanding their own premise?
It's a retard not understanding the premise but it's not the devs, it's (You)

they are meant to be things to find if you are having trouble with the boss, if you find them after they are still applied in NG+

>How the fuck are you supposed to beat the first boss when quite literally every hit he does is practically undodgeable
First of all thats not true, but you will probably only realise that when doing the double mech challenge. I kind of cheesed him massively with ranger platforms so i cant too much shit.

Are you not playing as a family in which the children of each generation go to fight in this castle?

so many people that are shitting on the game turn out to be just bad at it, what the fuck? is this what zoomers are like after being conditioned by movie games their entire life?

The dragon fucker is insane. He absolutely DESTROYS limitations and barriers, the man is a sequence breaking machine, his mobility is nuts, and his charge lance damage is insane, and combining the two allows you to weave your charge over an enemies projectile and pat them on the head with pure death. His talent is a bit meh but his overall kit makes up for it.
Ive been liking the more cheesy classes, duelist is probably my weakest class so far, i can do his double hit combo easily but im having trouble using his dodge correctly.

I bet it would get a higher rating if they doubled chicken drop rates.

If you think bard is a bad class you might as well stop playing the game forever.

there are several relics that help with increased healing though, like healing when opening chests, food does more healing and slain enemies have a chance at dropping food

Talents in general i usually just forget about for most characters. Boxer is one of the only classes where the talent feels good to use. Most of the time i'll just mindlessly use the talent swap room on any other character for the resolve buff.

I have fun with Duelist, I also don't have mastered the dodge roll crit shit but the constant junping to deal a lot of damage is pretty fun
also how the fuck do people play Astromancer? Just keep casting the black holy in the face of enemies to get crits? There's just something counterintuitive about it compared to Mage

>slain enemies have a chance at dropping food
>tfw you get this on a vegan character

You don't even need the dragon fucker to sequence break, just play a clown and the whole castle opens up to you pretty much.

>there are several relics that help with increased healing though, like healing when opening chests, food does more healing and slain enemies have a chance at dropping food
Ive had really bad luck with these. Sustain is my biggest weakness by far even with two different vamp runes equipped. When i got the one that gives sustain when opening a chess i instantly beat the duo skeleton bosses despite not seeing them before and coasted through most of the ice area just based off of the sheer power of sustain i had. The lack of sustain is your main limit. Hopefully i can get a chef run with that upgrade that makes mana pots give him charges and the relic that makes enemies drop chickens.

It's pretty funny when you get a relic that just completely shits on your particular traits. Like first time i got the spelunker trait (-20% HP but able to see all chests) i shortly into the run got a relic that said i get double XP but can't get gold anymore.
Or the time i was a clown and found the icarus wings for the first time, so my -30% clown HP just turned into a pure demerit.

>you're edgy redditors
and the sky is blue, first time on /v user?

First game was shit, I won't bother with the second.

I like RL2 but the game does feel more grindy than the first. This whole "inflation" feature that the more you unlock stuff, the more expensive shit becomes makes you feel like the diminishing returns are terrible after a certain point

>Metaprogression Roguelite
That's what a Roguelite is.
Hence the big difference from Rogue"likes"

that's not true at all.

I've grown to hate meta-progression so much. Getting into Noita was such a nice change where almost every unlock is a meme spell besides the Greek letters.

Bullshit, i have seen tunic, RL2, and loop hero discussed on numerous locations. Your entire post screams "i do not want to talk about video games". You are a shitposter who wants to stir up shit for (you)'s. I need to make sure that you know that.

Is it not? I thought the whole "Carry over some shit from one death to the next character" thing was done by Rogue Legacy to create the Roguelite genre as we know it?
To separate it from the pure "Fuck you do it again" loop of standard Roguelikes at the time.

>locations
Occasions* Holy shit im going insane.

Is there any quick money exploits for rogue legacy so I can finish it quick

you can buy the ability to re-roll them at your castle

can I get a QRD on how to play Bard?>playing a vegan character

Hey Cellar Door employee. LET ME CHECK WHAT MY TRAITS DO ON THE MANOR SCREEN. Was really fucking annoyed when i picked "Charismatic" and then after i spent all my money found out that meant that guy had a discount at shops.
Actually scratch that, Do the Manor and shopping screens before you pick your heir.

One thing that annoys me a bit is that I like playing 2D game like this with a dpad but some classes like pirate, ranger, gunslinger, ronin you have to use the analog stick to aim and it feels like shit to me, it kinda doesn't handle well to do it in a fast paced game like this, I'm baffled at how hard the ranger challenge is, how the fuck do you do the targets thing in 30 secs

>first game was shit
I agree, I am enjoying the second one though because everything about it is better. the first one feels like an unfinished alpha compared to the sequel.

>playing a vegan character
He was my first gunslinger. I wanted to try the class out. Also i think he killed the first boss.

they do show as long as you have seen them before, if you haven't then just fucking back out of the castle and it will show you what it is, holy fuck apply some problem solving skills, user

Looks like shit. By now there are 1000 better roguelites out there