Which one is under more pressure to not be shit?

Which one is under more pressure to not be shit?

Attached: Untitled.png (1065x715, 810.56K)

Attached: forces 2 inc.png (921x550, 1.07M)

Frontiers. Prime is just some throwaway cartoon.

Sonic generally has good cartoons, though. The only one that isn't liked by anyone is Underground.

Never heard of and don't care about either
Meanwhile I bought both S&K collection on Sega Mega Drive, and Sonic Mania, just because why not.
Sonic 3 and Knuckles is the definitive Sonic game. Now and forever.
It would be cool if someone made something that actually matched the theme, feel, handling, and level design of that without "modernized" "cute" graphics or "extra features and moves to keep things fresh", but it will never ever happen.
Any actually new Sonic game will always have a mid-air redirect dash or floaty shitty "modern" platforming where you can't take a precise step forward or OC-tier new characters saying cringe things.
It may have been for tech limitation reasons originally but Sonic being silent is as important as Gordon Freeman being silent. I don't want any talking in the games. They should be 2D unless you're really going to fill a whole 3D world with landscape features and machines and tools as densely as the 2D worlds are filled.
And the level design and handling should be actually good.

Sonic Rush's Daytime Stages are better than Sonic Color's stages or Generations' Modern Stages.
Sonic Generations' 2D stages are better than Rush's Daytime Stages, but still inferior to Genesis games and generally less fun than the Modern Stages to boot.
Colors sucks.

>It would be cool if someone made something that actually matched the theme, feel, handling, and level design of that without "modernized" "cute" graphics or "extra features and moves to keep things fresh"
They can't do this. Any time you make a retro game you have to least make a token effort to push the envelope. Even if it's small. Because if you don't then the game becomes a lazy rehash of a game that has already existed for 30 years. Therefore you get things like the drop dash or updated versions of old music and brighter cartoony colors that pop.

End yourself boomer.

Fair, but what if it delivers? Maybe it's not under pressure to be good but what if it is? Where does that leave Frontiers?

Game, both will be shit anyway

frontier, obviously.

lost world being above any of these is a crime

Frontiers. No one will care if Prime sucks.

I'll be sad. I like Sonic in animation.

>They can't do this.
They can.
>Any time you make a retro game you have to least make a token effort to push the envelope. Even if it's small.
No you fucking don't.
>Because if you don't then the game becomes a lazy rehash of a game that has already existed for 30 years.
For 30 years we have just wanted more of the same type of thing rather than all of these garbage "modern" styles.
>Therefore you get things like the drop dash or updated versions of old music and brighter cartoony colors that pop.
Unneeded.
Also the first game was very colorful and child friendly, more is overkill.
Rope yourself tranny.

Frontiers. Sonic's revival from movies will be questionable if we get get a 3rd shit 3d game in a row again.

What compels a man to write such words?

Undoubtedly frontiers. First game in a while since the shitty forced and now even more eyes are on it after two hit movies.

the fuck is sonic prime?

>Colors sucks
Colors was considered the best modern Sonic game for ages until ecelebs thought it would get them attention if they shit on it and then retarded, low IQ sheep started parroting their bullshit

Attached: FRkPlKhWQAAIqdg.jpeg.jpg (622x334, 40.06K)

>Colors was considered the best modern Sonic game for ages
For like 3 years until Generations came out but "best modern Sonic game" has been an incredibly low bar since the Adventure games

The game, it's always the games

Frontiers.

I want a Sonic Rush and Rush Adventure remake/remaster so bad it's unreal.

Prime is being done by the asshats behind the godawful Megaman cartoon. It's going to be shit.

Frontiers is from the asshat behind Lost World and Forces. It's going to be shit.

Frontiers.
There is a lot riding on this game. They're taking much longer to release this one, I think they really want it to be a huge deal and really good. Sega noticed the big difference in performance between mania and forces.
“Sonic Adventure laid the foundation for 20 years of Sonic titles after its release, so in the same way I really hope that this new title releasing in 2022 lays the foundation for the following future Sonic titles – that is the idea behind the challenge for the team,”
“We pay extremely close attention to getting all the little Sonic details right to make sure that Sonic’s signature speed and characteristics remain consistent across every gaming iteration. With Sonic Frontiers, we’ll introduce new combat styles to bring Sonic’s signature dexterity onto the battlefield, and the new exploration options obviously play into his iconic speedy nature.”
-Takashi Iizuka

Attached: 1650915777387.gif (400x338, 224.7K)

>we’ll introduce new combat styles
why
why do they keep doing this
they can't even manage making Sonic fun to control and they're still trying to shove unnecessary shit like combat into their games
why

Attached: 1633249062056.png (540x363, 152.08K)

You can't seriously think Boom is better.

Why did Heroes and Shadow even get bad scores?

Because they're not good. Imagine that.

>Sonic Adventure laid the foundation for 20 years of Sonic titles
More like 10 years if we're being generous.

They're much better than the boost games

Not really, and I don't even like boost gameplay.

No seriously how do we fix sonic games?

Netflix show

Remove Sonic Team.

You're either a classicfag or you haven't played them then

>The only one that isn't liked by anyone is Underground.

Attached: hcloylG4_400x400[1].png (240x240, 60.4K)

Oh, right. The animated show.
On Netflix.

I guess it's not getting axed because it's a SEGA partnership anyway.

Hire competent people who understand what makes Sonic stand out without trying to keep trying to make him into something he's not.

So basically Aaron Webber, Tyson Hesse, Christian Whitehead, Simon Thomley, etc.

I played both Heroes and Shadow on release. Both are mediocre, both have worse controls than the Adventure games for whatever reason, and both suffer from retarded design decisions and lazy attempts at filler.

Heroes has a good art direction and soundtrack but that's it. Shadow might have nice music but I've never felt any desire to go back and listen to its soundtrack.

It's also not being handled by Netflix's animation dept

Controls are shit. I liked them as a kid but even then I thought the Adventure games were better. Going back to Heroes and Shadow now they're way too slippery.

Attached: 1649808356544.jpg (1024x512, 185.23K)

Heroes and Shadow both have the exact same controls as the Adventure games with just higher top speed and some minor tweaks. The "filler" you talk about is less than the Adventure games except there's no shitty treasure hunting or mechs. I really don't see how they could be considered worse, and I really like Adventure. Shadow has some shitty missions and Team Chaotix is boring but that's like 1/10 of the game unlike Adventure where speed gameplay is not even 1/3 of the game, as good as the levels are (Heroes' levels are still better though)

also give then all the time they need, 3D Sonic is a massive timesink as there's hardly any complete 3D Sonic fangames

>Lost World better than Generations
Japan has shit taste. Shocking.

Tendies* called it the best in the series. These are the same faggots that liked kirby's epic yarn. It's okay at best and is fundamentally a 2d game with meh gimmicks.

>rush
>daytime
I assume you meant unleashed

I played Sonic Forces. I honestly give it a 7 out of 10. Other than the levels being short and QUALITY cutscenes, the game wasn't that bad except that one Moonlight level.

Also, Infinite's voice actor was pretty good.

And people say Famitsu is somehow more respectable than the likes of IGN.

>Heroes and Shadow both have the exact same controls as the Adventure games except where they don't.
lol the differences are exactly why people complain about them you dope.
>The "filler" you talk about is less than the Adventure games except there's no shitty treasure hunting or mechs. I really don't see how they could be considered worse
The filler is literally just forcing the player to replay shit over and over again for a meh final boss. It's just lazy.
>Team Chaotix is boring but that's like 1/10 of the game
Once again, lol.
>as good as the levels are (Heroes' levels are still better though)
None of Heroes' Hot Wheels tracks are better than the stages in SA1 or 2. The inclusion of shallow combat sequences is a testament to this.

>Sonic and the Black Knight has the best story.
>Sonic and the Black Knight is where Sonic as a character PEAKS.
>Everyone hates it.
Bros, Its not fair.

cuz it can actually be good?
Outside of turbo autists, no one minds the combat in the series, it's a good way to give levels some interesting design aspects and give value to shortcuts. With skill, something you cucks aren't capable of, you can optimize how you approach combat to give a lot of momentum to level traversal.

>cuz it can actually be good?
Not under Sonic Team, who regularly has trouble giving Sonic decent controls.
>Outside of turbo autists, no one minds the combat in the series
Ironically turbo autists are the only ones who defend the combat in previous Sonic games. I guess because they don't bother playing anything that doesn't feature 'Sonic' in the title.

Because they're games journalists. The skill of journos hasn't really gone down in recent years so much, they've always been tards. Heroes requires a decent amount of brainpower to play, leading to low scores and complaints from the mentally weak. Shadow was a collectathon so negative feedback was a little more reasonable, but the previous point still applies.

All I know is if it's another boost game I'm skipping it.

Attached: boomer.gif (300x426, 1.93M)

If the controls are responsive, which they are, you can get used to them. Shadow's only slippery at the higher speeds as well.

Mah Black Knight brother!

Attached: iktfb.jpg (400x369, 16.14K)

Frontiers.
Sonic Prime being shit would just be seen as "another kid show"
Frontiers is coming directly after Forces, which was one of the most mediocre experiences Sonicfags have ever experienced.

>best modern sonic
what competition did it have? sonic 06, those medieval games, and unleashed? what a high bar.

If a few differences is all it takes, you're just a whiny bitch. Call it lazy, but at least it's fun, and yes that includes chaotix, only like 4 of their levels are actually annoying at all. All of heroes' classicly designed stages are peak fucking quality, calling them hot wheels just shows how much of a retarded kid you were when you couldn't even find any alt routes.

If it's another boost game I'll just dread "I HATE BOOST I HATE BOOST KILL ALL BOOSTNIGGERS" becoming that much more prevalent. Please, give me an adventure game instead.

It wouldn't be prevalent if boost games didn't all suck.

theyre sonic games
theyll be shit