Gaming on m1 mac is fucking awful

Gaming on m1 mac is fucking awful.

Attached: 1648533977543.png (980x630, 306.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pSkun1wICSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We warned you dawg.

I knew what I was getting into, but it's still a joke. The few games that are optimized for M1 run fucking great it's just that Apple doesn't give a shit.

>ARM

The chip just came out months ago dude.
But I do wish Metal API was funded as well as Vulkan with Linux to handle the DirectX passthrough. M1 is capable of so much.

If only someone like Gabe with money would fun a project similar to Proton for Mac.

>Playing Atelier Sophie 2 on m1 MAX right now.

No fucking shit retard.
Why did you fall for the meme when literally everybody outside of mac shills told you about this?

It's amazing for Ableton, which is the reason I got it.

>Ableton
if you're using this in a professional setting why do you care if it can't play games as well? you have a job just buy a decent computer/console instead of using your work device for it
and if you're not using that in a professional setting why didn't you just go with regular pc considering that software also has a windows version?

>if you're using this in a professional setting why do you care if it can't play games as well?
I'm on the go quite a lot, got like 3-4 gigs per month on average and I like to travel light so it would have been able to have a greater selection of games. Right now I've settled for FTL and emulation. Also considering WoWC but I hate nu-blizz and dislike the idea of giving them money.

>wtf why don't x86 games run well on ARM? :(
You are so fucking stupid.

Who are you quoting?

Translation exists.
Not him but finding alternate methods of play and tinkering with settings and configurations can be fun in of itself to get games working. M1 is capable of a lot and what can be possible with layers of translation in the future is pretty interesting. Windows market is really doing all they can to change the personal computer for the worse and chip markets for GPUs and for consoles really make people want other options than either.

m1 mac needs more sex to fluorish

What did you even play?

I sort of agree that the software development industry needs to be more open to developing software outside the x86 paradigm but I'm not stupid enough to think that's actually going to happen.

alright then show us you're soundcloud account, I'll share mine if you share yours. I also toured the country touring a few times before I retired so keen to hear a fellow anons tunes.

more on topic but I also got an ARM mac through work and I rarely use it over my desktop PC.

>Linux gaming is now miles ahead of mac gaming

Funny really. Mac has the bigger marketshare but macfags simply don't play games. That and Apple wants to control everything that happens on their platform which is a huge turnoff for everyone.

>soundcloud
ableton is for actual musicians not fruityloopsfags you absolute dipshit

Based

wait for linux drivers.

Isn't parallels good on M1? I just want to be able to play NiER Automata and Metal Gear Rising.

Metal is Vulkan, but it's missing a number of libraries needed to make Proton work. If Apple were to implement those extra Vulkan libraries, Proton would function same as it does on Linux.

I'm not gonna drop my name, but these are my last 12 months on SC. However, most of my plays are on spotify/yt, or released with labels.

Attached: 1649152483989.png (2468x1316, 189.93K)

>Gaming on m1 mac is fucking awful
You see this? You see this fucking faggot right here? It's because this faggot cocksucker asshole motherfucker, this disgusting degenerate, this mentally ill piece of shit DOES NOT WANT YOU TO PLAY GAMES ON HIS HARDWARE when you, in fact, COULD BE, and it would do it very well might I add.
This FILTHY homosexual HATES video games, because video games are for heterosexual people who CAN reproduce and don't try to go against Mother Nature.

The fact that one little M1 in a FANLESS LAPTOP is probably more powerful than a PS4/Xbox One, yet does FUCKING NOTHING when it comes to video games is extremely telling because THIS PRANCING LA-LA HOMO MAN probably PAYS game developers NOT to optimize (or even update) their shit for M1. He only cares about providing computers powerful enough to promote homosexuality and other mental illnesses online.
Steve Jobs would very likely strangle the SHIT out of this FAGGOT if he was alive today.

>TL;DR Homosexuals are the reason why you can't game on M1

Attached: file.png (976x549, 482.06K)

>not gonna drop my name
gay just do it lol

You lose like 50% of your performance.

>t. never released a track on a record label

you say that like it's a bad thing?

Not bad, keep it up.

it is absolutely a bad thing if you consider yourself an "actual musician". If you're yet to release a track on a label, you are a hobbyist similar to how we play video games for fun.

Extremely based post.

I guarantee your music is shit. Software synths are for FAGS.

t. proud volca keys owner with 27 followers on SC

i-i just use logic pro... pirated of course because I get legit updates from apple in my software update app, just like final cut...

Attached: tenor-1.gif (220x292, 42.72K)

>mfw the vast majority of orchestra musicians are hobbyists

Attached: 1526567299191.png (1173x964, 1.61M)

POST YOUR LINK OR FOREVER BE A DOUBLENIGGER.

Attached: 1649250119336.jpg (2400x2400, 1.04M)

There's one of my tracks in this set.

youtube.com/watch?v=pSkun1wICSc

>One and a half hour long video and I have to guess the song
Fuck that. I get why you don't want to d0xx yourself on Yea Forums, but just accept the doublenigger status instead of doing this faggot shit.

It wasn't meant for you to figure out who I am, but to sate your curiosity about the style of music.

I'm not that guy to begin with, but sure man.

>ARM chip
>ARM chip whose main selling points are its low TDP and high performance per watt
What the fuck were you expecting, dipshit?

>if you're not using that in a professional setting why didn't you just go with regular pc considering that software also has a windows version
No, you don't understand! Macs make you more creative. And you'd get bullied if they saw your laptop and it didn't have the Apple logo on it.

>macfags simply don't play games
Well, devs also don't bother making mac versions anymore, so it's kind of a chicken and egg problem.
But apple also refuses to actually make usable APIs for mac, which doesn't help

>No, you don't understand! Macs make you more creative.
Windows has a lot of latency on input from audio interfaces, when interfaces are supposed to be a plug-and-play solution to latency issues when recording instruments. The only thing you can do to """""solve""""" this is install an audio plugin that more or less fixes the latency (still not perfect) but fucks with the audio from any other program other than your DAW (Youtube flat out stops working, for example)
Mac simply does not have this problem. You plug your shit in and you start playing. Period.

If you know of a better way to plug instruments into Windows then please, post it, instead of just being a faggot /g/ retard.

How does gaming on an M1 Mac work?
Do you have to use Parallels or run a VM of ARM windows then run the games through that? Or have companies started doing native ports to it?

There’s a Linux distro called Asahi which can run natively on m1, however, the alpha came out last month so it’s still very early, it doesn’t have hardware acceleration and other critical features. However, maybe in the future we can run Proton then on m1

>buying apple shit
>ever
Please tell me you don't do this Yea Forums.

Answer his question.

>apple pulls a bunch of bullshit stats
>trust us goy it's 25x faster!
>(it isn't)
lmao applefags

Attached: 1625246768057.gif (480x464, 3.47M)

>buy apple silicon
>much more impressive than everybody expected
>buy trannydeck
>compatibility is much worse than primised and shilled
Every single time

Got the 13 inch M1 one. Renders videos as fast as my i9 rig and the battery lasts literally for a whole fucking day. M1 is sick.

there is a reason gaming benchmarks matter. Specs/OS/benchmark test can never replace actually testing the damn thing.

>muh edm production garbge

learn an instrument fag

and then record it on what, exactly?

You could also just have admitted that you were wrong.

>fell for the M1 meme
found your problem

There is no such thing as a "good" MAC gaming. Apple is anti-gaming

>mac M1 laptop 1999.99 plus tip
>No support fuck you faggot

>Steam deck 399.99
>has devs and the CEO personally working on compatibility day and night

>vid related, its you

Attached: 1649511380652.webm (540x960, 3M)

Nope, He just follows what Steve Jobs does. Steve Jobs extremely hates video games. He is not homosexual, just straight guy like you, retard.

apple loves gaming
it's just that their idea of gaming is paying a subscription price for 100 repackaged phone games with micro transactions removed

>trannydeck claims to be just working, is constantly shilled as such
>doesn't, only messages of "somebody is working on something maybe"
Kek, only retards believe promises about future support.

Do you think m1 macbooks are gaming machines?

yeah, but terrible at gaming lmao

Why bother gaming on your M1, which is not designed for that? Retard

What exactly is your point?

Why you should expect your M1 should play the games when it is not? Applefags are retarded.

They sure were talking about how it could beat the RTX 3090
Cry more bitch anything youre 2022 mac does can be done on old one I use an old AIO mac for music and it works great, otherwise whats the point?????
Its the intro to true linux gaming, fuck off retarded faggot, pic related its me to you

Attached: 1649304565605.gif (498x280, 3.92M)