This piece of shit is a scam

This piece of shit is a scam.
>micro sd card is locked into steamos/linux only because you HAVE to format to ext4
>can't transfer files between windows and linux if I wanted to take out the sd card to do so
>look everywhere for a way to be able to freely use my micro sd card
>"lol just use network sharing bro"
>check if I could usb transfer between two systems
>you can't
>tried adding it manually to Steam
>"Failed to add library Steam Folder"
Absolute horeshit.
So much for linux being a "free" OS
I could at the very least do shit with my microsd on a hacked Vita or Switch.

Attached: 1642976302157.png (1200x800, 496.73K)

Since this'll probably become the Yea Forums Deck thread how well does Sekiro play on it? Is there potential to mess with settings to get it to play at 60fps, or should I more expect it to be a 30fps game?

dunno i found multiple ways to read ext4 drives in windows. only took 5 seconds google search. maybe try to look harder.
also why can't you move files through lan? it's less trouble than messing with memory card

>read ext4 drives
You cannot write on them on Windows for whatever dumb fucking reason.

>also why can't you move files through lan? it's less trouble than messing with memory card
Popping an sd card to simply transfer files is far less troublesome than setting up SSH.
Also I don't have a dock on my steam deck and doing it on a touch screen is fucking horrible.
Invoking the touch keyboard is buggy as hell on desktop mode, where the keyboard will just appear on the top of the screen instead of the bottom, and the fact that the keyboard covers 50% of the screen makes it even worse to work with on the desktop environment.
Why shouldn't it be as convenient as simply transferring files via sd card, fuck this garbage.

You're an idiot windows doesn't like the formar but you can run a VM and it will see it just fine

>you have to format to ext4
Wrong. You can change sd card format and mount scripts.
>retard OP is so inclined on using SD cards to transfer shit
Nigger, Wi-Fi literally is faster, just use Warpinator. Kill yourself.

>use Warpinator
>doesn't work
LOL

Attached: file.png (142x129, 5.05K)

Because NT kernel shit doesn't support Linux file permissions. You're literally seething about easy to solve mundane shit because you're a brainlet.

Does your PC have both WiFi and Ethernet? Yes? Then stop being a fucking retard and use the WiFi adapter. Holy fuck you're dumb.

Autism.

I'm formatting the SD card as btrfs and don't give a fuck about Windows. Cry more.

.... i just used exfat on mine
i switch it between the deck and my windows desktop all the time to transfer files

when the FUCK is the dualboot installer going to come out? i'm already so fucking tired with linux. i fucking swear, i'll give them 3 weeks time and then i'm going to overwrite steamos with that broken ass w10 build without cable audio

OP wants to use it for playing games from as well as transfer files. What he doesn't understand is that he's a winbaby and thus doesn't understand GNU/Linux nor his own OS (Windows) to actually fix this situation.

You can install Windows on a Micro SD card and dual boot from it already.

Install AnyDesk you fucking retard.

>2022
>using Windows
>using NTFS
lmaoing @ ur life

AnyDesk over Wifi is quick as hell. I have fiber and can get near that over wifi. On a dock or using a network adapter you’ll transfer super fast. Infinitely better than FileZilla SSH or Warpinator.

Fuck you.

Attached: 1637358464645.jpg (2736x3648, 1.23M)

do you have a guide?

back when i still had to use windows i used a third party tool that let me read ext4, dunno if it could write as well tho

What’s the IPs of both? Post both network information.

FUD

just use EXT4 with WSL.

It doesn't change the issue your sd card is locked into linux if you want to install steam games from the deck to it.
And the deck, within steam itself, will not recognize the sd card unless you format it.
Oh yeah, and it takes fucking forever to format a 1tb micro sd on the deck when it takes less than a second on windows.
At this point I'm just gonna install windows over the linux installation.
Fuck this garbage.

I see that nintentoddlers are reaching boiling point

It arrives tomorrow.
Finally I can play RPGM games again.
Should I play Black Souls, Fear and Hunger or The Witch's House first?

fear and hunger should be perfect.

Just got AnyDesk to work, how's Switch/Wii U emulation? Read that Wii U is aways away still.

Works for me, you must be retarded.

Switch is okay. I got 60 fps on famicom detective so far. Haven’t tried much else. Check YouTube.

I'm getting pretty solid performance for Donkey Kong Country: TF on my Deck

switch is pretty decent once the shaders compile,especially for lighter games,and CEMU should work well in proton from what ive seen. (though a native version is being worked on,that should be as good or better).

just use linux retard

are you guys fucking stupid? exfat works without any other tools between switch/deck/windows they all can use it fine

Steam will not let me use my sd card as a steam library download path even if it's exfat.

Linux sucks. Proton is shit. Total waste of time developing SteamOS for this.

They should have just used windows and instead spent dev time creating a program/overlay that does what they're trying to do with SteamOS.

I would have gladly paid another $50-100 to have fully working windows on it so I didn't have to worry about game compatibility or jumping through 1000 hoops to get one fucking game to work.

And if windows becomes a closed platform what then?
What if they make gay pass the only way to play?

>linux-based large corporation handheld console
>ease of use
pick one
It's just a Switch for neckbeard contrarians, will probably be unsupported by the end of the year.

>Proton is shit
Based on what? I've barely had any issues with it.

The steam deck is both. It doesn't take many IQ points to download emulators and roms dude.

It doesn't take many IQ points to not buy an overpriced emulation machine.

update to win11 and mount the ext4 card

>Based on what?
either exaggerations and lies,or an unrealistic expectation for what proton is.

and the award for most tech illiterate redditor goes to

>I'M COMPUTER ILLITERATE WAAAAAAAAHHHHH
sucks to be you

Retard. The gaming mode on Deck will replace Big Picture eventually. You're spergint about nothing.

Anyone have the image of Tux beside a bunch of girls saying 'he cute' and 'who is he?'

Kill yourself windrone.

>windows doesn't support something
>this is somehow Linux's fault

>doesn't want to learn multiple new programs
>just to transfer a file
>from $500 meme machine
Yeah, what a tard.
I have fond memories of spending countless hours reformatting my Game Gear with DOS just so I could change game cartridges without crashing.

>nothing bad is Linux's fault
Your austism activity box doesn't even have support, just other spergs who might shit oit bandaid fixes.

just transfer the files lmao

Then why did you buy a Linux machine?

>WAAAAAAAH! WHAT DO YOU MEAN I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO USE A CORKSCREW TO OPEN THIS BOTTLE OF *insert corked bottle here*?! THE COMPANIES SHOULD JUST MAKE IT SO THAT THE *contained liquid in said bottle earlier* GOES DIRECTLY INTO MY STOMACH WITHOUT ME NEEDING TO DO ANYTHING BECAUSE I ALREADY BOUGHT IT!
>WAAAAAAAAAH!

sounds like a you problem
i can transfer files from my linux install to windows easily

>They should have just used windows
Wouldn't have worked. At least not while still resembling the Steam Deck that we got.

>I would have gladly paid another $50-100 to have fully working windows on it
That might cover the OEM Windows license, and the patent licensing, but they would have had to use more expensive hardware to handle the OS overhead and the Windows AMD drivers would have forced the use of several tier higher GPU.
Now you've got from the $400 price point to at least $900, then consider that you have to defer the R&D costs of the system over fewer units since less people will buy one, and that starts a cycle that will push the price up to $1200+, coincidentally around where the current Windows handheld devices are.

>spent dev time creating a program/overlay that does what they're trying to do with SteamOS.
Wouldn't have worked, Windows at a fundamental low level does not work for creating a high performance controller driven OS.
Charitably this is the reason why the Xbox runs a different OS that just happens to use the NT kernel, and uses different drivers and slightly different versions of the DirectX APIs.
Less charitably Windows poor support for '10 foot' style user experiences and painless console-style operation is by design in order to create a market for the Xbox which wouldn't exist if Windows could be easily used this way.

Generally speaking, its a bad idea to create a product that competes with a company, while also being entirely dependent on that company.

install windows on it then retard

>change 2 files on steam deck so it uses BTRFS instead
>download windows drivers for BTRFS
problem solved

Attached: 1640957394458.gif (200x132, 962.14K)

>He doesn't SSH into every electronic device in his home from a single point
I have no clue why people don't do this