Whats the best TES?

whats the best TES?

Attached: FRrin_iWUAIyq9K.jpg (470x587, 67.16K)

The first one you played

Is this a Trainwiz summoning thread?

I like all of them but Skyrim removed too many fun features

Attached: 1651435580580.jpg (1920x1080, 621.07K)

They'll never hire him again because making TES lore heavy and esoteric with names and events that contradict each other or deal with identity and other themes won't click with normies. If you thought Skyrim was generic wait until TES 6 which will copy Game of Thrones and Marvel.

kino

Attached: FRrF6x0XEAA2vBO.jpg (700x525, 61.93K)

This. Kirkbride's stuff already exists now, so also they have to do is include tee-hee vague allusions to it, along with some of his old texts, and the rest can be as shallow as they they want.

I 100% expect bethesda to take a more hardcore approach for its games moving forward
keep in mind that
>there is a huge demand for Fallout and TES content even today
>from and FNF made lore hunting, lore discussions popular

to be honest all the signs in the last 2-3 years, even what they did with 76 after its launch, really makes me trust bethesda regarding they'll do some deeper stuff with their games, may it be gameplay or lore

this story of Kirkbride coming up with the lore on shrooms is bullshit by the way, stupid vidya urban legend that just sells the guys genuine creativity short

Attached: 6103CB60-70E6-4327-A744-1C2872C03BE6.png (199x344, 114.78K)

>whats the best TES?
As in Bethesda's product? Skyrim
As art? Morrowind

Morrowind is not really a TES game at heart.

It's bullshit, yes. Kirkbride had an alcohol problem.

>Morrowind is not really a TES game at heart.
How do you mean? A lot of people consider it the definitive TES game.

but skyrim isn't really generic, though. that's just a front for people who don't bother looking into the lore. I still wish we got mountain-leveling thu'um powers.

Battlespire because it has most boobs

>the guys genuine creativity
>dude lmao i just took a comparative religion class
>check out this shit i cribbed from the bhagavad gita
the man literally has autism and is so up his own ass that it's not even funny
>complains about how before he joined, how tamriel and hammerfell were names "stolen" from other franchises
>proceeds to brag about how shit like the imga were stolen from another series and how they only "steal from the best"
>has autism fit about mithril being in TES and then launches a crusade to get it removed from morrowind only for it to return the very next game

Attached: cuckbride.png (368x87, 4.09K)

Battlespire is one of the more interesting games because it has you doing shit like actually talking with enemies on the regular and it's a more localized game unlike the core entries. And yes, sprites.

Attached: Jaciel_Morgen.jpg (344x434, 31.96K)

True, people who are serious about games or nostalgiatripping.

All TES games to date have been adventuring except for Morrowind. The way it was designned was moreso from a position of a dungeon master trying to immerse you into his lore than to adventure. Morrowind features lots of adventuring, as do other TES games feature lots of lore (except for Arena), but with Morrowind you can feel the way things are designed are reversed. The end result is similar, but Morrowind is off from what TES is. Even if TES6 was the best in the series ever, the Morrowind fandom won't go away because what TES games are are not what Morrowind is no matter the quality.

Daggerfall

user I never played dagerfall or any old RPG to start with do you recommend dagerfall unity and the game itself in general?

I really disagree. Morrowind presents a much smaller world than other TES games but I think the focus on adventure is still there. I don't think that the lore overshadows or hampers your ability to have an adventure, in fact I think it complements it. One of the reasons that Oblivion isn't as fun for me as the other games is that the world simply isn't as interesting as the games that came before and after it. Morrowind presents the opposite situation as Oblivion with having a really unconventional and bizarre world, I WANT to get to know Vvardenfell and its people. I don't think that it was designed in "reverse" as you say, but in conjunction.

I have some bad news. There’s still one part of what he has written which has yet to make it in game. Bethesda are still safe with the next TES.

>One of the reasons that Oblivion isn't as fun for me as the other games is that the world simply isn't as interesting
This, I don't feel the need to talk to NPC about shit or read any of the new books or even pay attention to the story sometimes cause the world is just so generic. Daggerfall had good writers I've heard, but if the developers aren't going to put in effort to the actual world you walk around in but throw all this detail into books or dialogue or whatever it's just a cop out. If you want to have an interesting world, you have to present it through visuals/design and then have the interesting books/dialogue/lore to compliment it. That's what Morrowind does and what Oblivion doesn't do.

Skyrim was less generic than Oblivion

>Daggerfall had good writers I've heard, but if the developers aren't going to put in effort to the actual world you walk around in but throw all this detail into books or dialogue or whatever it's just a cop out.
Pretty much this yea. Daggerfall has some interesting parts like the Daedric summons, Mannimarco, or the Numidium (which you don't even get to see) but otherwise it's very generic euro fantasy. I hope TES 6 is set in High Rock/Hammerfell like people are saying so we can see a more interesting depiction of that area that fits better into the world of TES.

Attached: Cyrodiil.jpg (800x959, 224.08K)

reminder kirkbride wrote minecraft story mode by telltale games

battlespire is actually very fun but not actually good

Call Sotha Sil the Ringo of the Tribunal and he will show up.
If he does show up I want to know who butchered the lore on the Lords Mail from the CC.

what a bizarre thing to lie about

Not junkiewind, that's for sure.
Idk how or why Howard gave the story/setting of 3 a greenlight, if he was going to scrap it and retcon everything in 4.

2. Most of everything in morrowind is just the resulting implications of daggerfall.

Played Oblivion first.
Then checked out the older titles and fell in love with Morrowind.

Attached: jiub pillow.jpg (1024x768, 193.69K)

>Cyrodiil.jpg
>the picture clearly says 'Mania'

I enjoy skyrim, modding capabilities are lovely.
>VR Headset
>Muse 2
Adding mushrooms to the mix would be wild. Good call.

Elder Scrolls would be another dollar store Dnd franchise instead of the biggest RPG in the world if Kirkbride hadn't worked on morrowind.

Is this real?

Nah, to summon Trainwiz you just have to call the Creation Club a steaming pile of shit and he'll be here double-time to defend Master Todd.

Nah

Lol why because there was snow and the zombies were called draugr?

Ruins were better, transitional environments don't hit you like a brick

Dude that's so cool. I bet he also wrote Adventure Time and Rick and Morty. Only someone on drugs could write stuff like that.

How can one single person be this wrong?
It took until skyrim for kuckbridery miasma to dissipate enough for normal, well adjusted (ie. not /x/pol/ schizos) gamers to take a liking on the series.
Yes, the dude is a sectarian junkie
>boomerwind fans are rick and morty fans too
figures, go back

>Dislikes the idea of borrowing other concepts, would rather have his own.
>Retard user thinks that autism.

Guess they should include adamantium, fel iron, chaos crystals and vibranium to the next game, right? Wouldn't want to be called autistic.

Attached: 1647463858766.jpg (680x512, 94.81K)

Elder Scrolls lore is great, but 90% of players probably know nothing about it

#whoosh

Like what? Skyrim was my first TES and I haven't gone through the others since my backlog is already massive.

Well the CC lore is a steaming pile. I thought they were supposed to have quality control over the mods.

>post-Morrowind Bethesda
>quality control

Do drugs really help with creativity?

Morrowind lets you become a super saiyan who can fly and launch nukes

>Falling off of a week long LSD bender
>First thing you see is Todd Howard

>We need things to be more generic for normies: The Post.
Okay, kid.

>not so fast, Dreamboy

Attached: 1623518953275.jpg (860x820, 98.79K)

G'morning, Michael. Lets get you hydrated.

Attached: FLLCH3UXsAEp0jv.jpg (960x640, 65.47K)

No but they might boost your creativity to an extent

MW was the biggest rpg on og Xbox and oblivion was one of the most anticipated rpg's on xb360 & PS3.

skyrim, but i love them all, even adventures

All that people need to know is that everything about kuckbride, chim, and pooshitism in the games is not cannon
>niggerwind bethesda
>lets a drug addict write their scripts and backlore
>i will extremize whatever you said: the post
I'm not saying deep lore is bad, I'm just saying boomerwind is all over the place, nothing makes sense
And still, most people knew nothing about them. Admit it boomer, Oblivion and Skyrim are infinitely better in every single aspect than boomerwind

it's literally impossible to be more generic than oblivion

I like how his wife now spergs out that he didn't use any drugs then

Well depending on who you ask the answer will be different but for me these are the big ones
>No more directions, the only way to find things is through magical GPS markers on the map
>Travel networks of striders, boats, portals, etc have been entirely replaced by fast travel
>Most npc's only have 1 or 2 lines of throwaway dialogue that aren't helpful for anything
>Can't level up athletics or acrobatics so your character moves the same slow speed and jumps the same low height the entire game
>Significantly reduced catalog of spell effects for use on items/potions/enemies etc which makes the entire game more boring and predictable

Attached: download.jpg (1024x709, 218.5K)

Yes/No. By default you have to have some sort of creative talent in the first place. I've always personally been in the thought process that drugs just help you brain dump and sift through the bullshit to refine the final product. Never have I ever had a creative epiphany on drugs. But I've been able to do a lot of writing on them.

Attached: 1648305806127.jpg (886x873, 570.26K)