Just engrave your fort bro, it'll look litty

>just engrave your fort bro, it'll look litty

Attached: engroove.jpg (1157x932, 251.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GW0lAptVWK8
store.steampowered.com/app/975370/Dwarf_Fortress/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing but clean sprites.

this dog looks strange

Attached: dog.png (33x23, 2.34K)

I just disable the engraving sprites

youtube.com/watch?v=GW0lAptVWK8

Attached: cip.jpg (400x285, 21.68K)

zoomerbros I can't decipher this and it sucks because I wanna try out dwarf fortress but i can't picture the map well enough in my head

I haven't played Dorf Fort in years, anything exciting added?

Face it, nigger autists, Dwarf Fort would be far better if it actually got a UI and graphics. This is why Rimworld turned out far more successful and fun despite having less complex features. Nobody wants to spend their time reading a bunch of letters and symbols to try and translate to a fucking door or a wall. That's why only truly autistic losers like this shit.

you're baiting for someone to say use a texture pack but use a texture pack.
use a texture pack. It's been a few years since I played but there was something called The Lazy Noob pack that game with a number of texture packs to make things easier to see, dwarf therapist for easier management and some other things all in one package.

Just play Rimworld or even Dwarf Fort with a texture map. Don't bother conceding to this autistic shit.

but bro imagine all the happy thoughts your dorfs will get

filtered
>would be far better
would be far more accessible*, I'm good without normalfags ruining a good autistic game

Then dont play it
Board is the other way user

aceesible /= good, nigger

There's an inexplicably elvish 'quality' to this post.

>your dorfs that have had dozens if not over a hundred years of life generated by the game are happier than you are IRL

Attached: gosling.png (415x336, 261.21K)

this is why the upcoming steam release is a thing
Tarn himself agrees that the game should be more accessible and that the UI and controls of the original are just slapped together

Attached: blorf fortress.gif (500x500, 7.3K)

what the fuck is this shit?
looks like i copy and pasted wingdings over and over again
eye cancer

> Nobody wants to spend their time reading a bunch of letters and symbols to try and translate to a fucking door or a wall.
but thats half the fun!

sexo?

>gnomoria is a shameless DF clone that looks pretty good and works pretty well
>dev abandons it after the 1.0 release basically unfinished

Attached: sad cat gesture.jpg (480x480, 26.57K)

>denziens
What

It would also be far better if Toady's ass decided to work on the gameplay part instead of adding layers upon layers of useless autistic fluff

Steam version will be released this fall but only fortress mod,adventure mode comes later

Attached: eras.jpg (1920x1080, 577.56K)

Soul

someone made a typo in the lyrics and the singer either rolled with it as a joke or didn't know.

Why are Rimworldniggers always showing up in Dwarf Fortress threads? You're like the FO3 contrarians who show up in every New Vegas thread to let everybody know how contrarian you are.

id enjoy dorf more if it didn't slow to a fucking crawl so quickly

I still remember the time I did that and literally the only thing my Dwarves would engrave were Doors.
So every inch of my fort was just fake Doors absoluteolly fucking everywhere and even I couldn't tell which ones were the actual doors and ended up confused as all hell every time a hostile or something ended up inside my fort

Honestly not really, you get to send raiding parties to attack enemy forts but they don't really come back with anything cool

Should i try gnomoria?Or there is not that much content in?God what a waste

DF only had soul when it was a buggy mess that generated all sorts of funny stories.
Toady undertuned all the fun aspects and now it's just a really dull hole making simulation.

As soon as this stuff gets mouse support and a functional UI I am down with it.

I know it's en vogue to hate it, because it's gone "commercial" or whatever, but the graphic version doesn't look bad. If nothing else, the menu update and the fact that you can see several z-levels below alone is a godsend.

Hope the steam release will be better

They got rid of the guy that couldn't even draw and plagiarized all his sprites so I'm more hopeful for it now.

It's weird to me how easy it is to keep your dwarfs happy now. I've been playing the 2014 version since it came out and I never had a single "tantrum spiral" death. Back in the day if your dorfs went without beer or a bed for like 2 days, your fort was in danger. Now everything just kinda exists.
The only real threat is bullshit necrosieges and even bullshittier werebeast transformations against which you can't do anything. It's not the same anymore.

This one got wasted,it was fun a while

Attached: re.jpg (616x353, 166.15K)

I do not envy the guy who has to draw 400 sprites of creatures and their -man versions of them in like 50x50 pixels.

absolute brainlet take is thinking DF is bad because of "muh graphix" (just get a tileset retard) and "muh UI" (it literally always tells you what keys do what) when the real problem of DF is still FPS death and now fucking nothing happening at your fort ever because raids were changed.

That's a
>hunting dog
>dwarf noble
>goose
That white 'd' on the right is the only dog in that snippet.

there is a graphix mod

whatever happened to DF anyways? this game used to be hot shit back in the day but now i almost never see anyone talk about it

Rimjobworld is the only reason to play Rimworld. Otherwise, it's an inferior product made by a cuckold who won't shut up about his book. Much like you "people" won't shut the fuck up about his "game". Go back to Africa, you fucking beaner.

>litty
leave

Because they do it for free. Not even paid to be annoying pieces of shit like with Noita, Overwatch and Elden Ring.

so there is less disasters, bosses etc?

The people who got in thanks to the funny stories of the veteran forum users were all filtered by the UI.
Then Toady also updated it so that not even the story writers could make it sound fun.

>necromancers
>bullshit
Magma solves everything, and obsidian solves everything that magma doesn't.
>werebeasts
>bullshit
Anyone who is wounded by a lycanthrope you should wall off in a room by themselves. Unless you want to have a Legendary Wrestler with 50+ kills or something. For everything else, there's iron/steel armor and weapons - unless you want to employ hammers, in which case make them out of silver.

No that pretty much stayed the same, it's just dwarfs are a lot more stable now, too stable for my taste. It takes fuck all effort to keep them from going nuts now, which is boring.

just engrave the walls lmao

>Steam version will be released this fall
Source ?

Wow. If that's the new UI, then I'm rather impressed.

>they unfucked the slopes
Nice. I will consider buying after Adventure Mode releases.

If you can get it on sale for under 5 bucks maybe. It kinda scratched the DF with grafics itch but it's just not as complex. No histories, no madness, engravings are pictures but no text, that kind of thing. It's the surface level of dwarf fortress.

if he puts it up for sale on steam ill buy it

It's had a steam page for like 2 years now, we are just waiting for the actual release which will be sold for a price I'm pretty sure
store.steampowered.com/app/975370/Dwarf_Fortress/

How retarded do you have to be to not be able to figure out the ASCII after just a few minutes

>thanks to this shit the Villian pt2 update has been delayed 3~4 years
>means the magic update has been pushed back to at least 2032
fuck you casualfags and fuck the US for not having a healthcare system (the reason Toady sold out)

play v0.34
versions made after 2014 have bloat in them that slows everything
t.i'm on a 5x5 250pop 10yo fort right now
pic related: not my fort, i'm not dumb enough to post my own screenshots on fucking Yea Forums

Attached: 1405156507375.gif (1266x712, 1.61M)

It's totally fine to use an a texture pack. ASCII purists can suck a dick.

Towns was like that too.

>german richfag modder kills the modding scene single-handedly by stealing people's mods for his modpacks, then charging money for them
>Toady's brother got cancer, got worried that he'd get sick one day so instead of just moving to another country on his passive income or paying $100/mo in health insurance he sold out his game to pozzed Canadian indie devs
>all updates since 2012 have been pointless adventure mode fluff
>vg got taken over by gacha game spam in 2016 so /dfg/ died
>Toady made pozzed off-topic /pol/ posts on his devlog when americans were chimping out over some black guy
>there's actually been some good dorf-likes in the last ~6 years or so, so people have been moving to whichever one tickles their fancy (Rimworld for more of a colony manager, ONI for water/gas/pressure/temperature/resource management, factorio/satisfactory for autism etc)

Attached: 1534813505014.gif (2056x1548, 359.47K)