Are gaming laptops a meme?

Are gaming laptops a meme?

Attached: Screenshot_20220501-122314_Chrome.jpg (720x1600, 333.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/laptops/comments/pjq1z2/help_shorted_a_component_during_a_teardown_can/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

THE ENEMY

the 3050ti is a meme
gaming laptops are fine if you need portability

No. They are very useful depending on your lifestyle. I live in an RV so I need to use a Gaming Laptop.

Why not just pay less for a PS5?

Any recommendations?

Because the ps5 is garbage with no games that makes you pay for online and has no backwards compatability with anything other than ps4.

Lmao eat shit

>paying for online gameplay and other basic features
console gaming in $(CURRENT_YEAR) is a scam

yeah overall, there are a dozens of reasons why they suck, from overheating to performance, but they are good if you're traveling a lot and you don't have a lot of space,

Attached: 1647933153139.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

N

depends on what your budget is and what you're looking for, but a 2060 is better than a 3050ti
In fact a 1060 is about on par.

No, with zen 3 being around there are cheaper and better performing than pcs

>gaming laptop are le bad
they are exelent emulation machines

>Emulation machines
Go back

I bought a lenovo one 4 months ago and the battery already broke and wont hold any charge. I had to send it off to lenovo and I bet they wont even fix it or will charge me an arm and a leg to fix it despite it being under warranty

Just never buy lenovo or dell. Get an acer if anything

I bought a gaming laptop like 3 months ago to be able to take a reasonably powerful PC with me without needing to unroute all my wires and move my setup every time and I haven't touched my desktop since desu.

They're loud as hell, but otherwise it's fine, they've improved a lot over the last 10 years or so since I last owned a laptop.

Kind of, get a cooling pad for it

I wouldn't mind a gaming laptop but only if battery life when not hooked to a power source is good for general computing.

If I'm getting a portable computer I want it to be portable, not just movable.

I dunno dell are alright for normal non gaming laptops. I have a dell inspiron from 2015 and it still works perfectly fine.

My asus tuf does the job just fine and probably will for another 2 years.

I like mine, it doesn't replace a desktop, but it's good for when I have to travel for work and want to play specific games.

The laptops are cheaper than the graphics cards at this point.

My issue with dell and leonovo is that the faulty obsolete hardware.
Just search for any laptop error and any result will mention dell.
My one dell laptop also died since the charger turns off imediatly after you plug it in (propably defect motherboard)
You were propably lucky to get a good series

Too many negatives, even for the portability. Gamer red LED everywhere, the cringe names ("Katana"), overheating, having to keep it plugged in or you get 2 hours of battery tops, incredibly loud, etc.

But, I can't say just get a PC or just get a console because both are overpriced, and the latter doesn't have games.

>Are gaming laptops a meme?
Depends on what your needs are and what you care about.

Say you use laptops as your main PC and you want to play some games. No interest in buying a desktop and you don't care about 4K 120 FPS max setting or whatever, you just want them to run okay. A lower cost gaming laptop is not a bad option, it's what you were going to buy anyway + a few bucks extra to run games.

Let's say money is no object. You have an expensive desktop that does it all. You travel and want to game on the go. Why not drop $3000 on a laptop that plays the games you want at or near the settings you want them at.

not anymore. in the early-mid 2000's they were laughable.

legion 5 laptops are all great

I will say the battery is dead and only lasts for like 20 minutes now and I cant put in 3rd party replacement due to dell merchant behavior blocking them. It will let me use the batteries but wont charge them

Is this good? I heard it’s relatively small

Attached: 5AA8E4DC-BF28-4F68-A646-D987D397877A.png (750x1334, 673.81K)

based Gigachad

>tfw broke a capacitor or inductor on my lenovo laptop when changing ram
Epic

Attached: pbnwFwq.jpg (1125x1842, 475.45K)

My 10 year old Acer laptop still plays every new game I want to play. It's not even a gaming laptop. It also has every kind of port and upgrade slot imaginable, even a few that weren't in the specifications. 4 RAM slots, 3 different internal SSD compartments, DVD and Blu-Ray tray, SD card slot... it's not even that heavy. Dedicated Nvidia graphics card that still holds up and 3.2 GhZ Intel processor. Only cost half of today's gaming laptops that have half the features and aren't even that much better other than when it comes to modern shaders and stuff like raytracing.

Gaming on a laptop isn't a meme, the real meme is that 10 years has barely brought any progress, only higher prices.

based retard

Oh and forgot to say, 17.3" screen, bigger than pretty much every laptop you can get today...

A spark came off the silver ram cover thing

how?

And then play no games? bro PC has a ridiculously fucking large library of games and emulators to play, ps5 has nothing.

reddit.com/r/laptops/comments/pjq1z2/help_shorted_a_component_during_a_teardown_can/

Dogshit tiny screens, they ALL overheat and throttle, tiny useless keyboards and trackpads, custom software made by 90 IQ indians required to run them

redpill me on rv living user, is it comfy?

If you travel a lot they're worth it
If you don't then get a desktop

Remember to set your max cpu power to like 85% or something to stop it getting too hot

how long do they last before getting totally fucked?
how long does a tower last?
are gpus becoming more "plug n play"?
if so why not develop a mini pc that you just plug an external gpu into?
i dont get why the pc engineers havent taken a note from vape engineers and just make everything modular and just market everything as external boxes with their own regulation environments.

how

If you don't mind that it will run at 90 degrees and sound like a jet engine it's fine. Difference cooling pads make is minimal too

How hot is too hot Yea Forums? my PC goes up to like 83 C when playing demanding vidya.

yes never buy a gaming laptop biggest mistake of my life

skill issue

Its very easy. Its just in power settings. Like when you right click on the battery icon on the tray. go to advanced power settings and just set it to 70 or 80 or whatever you want just below 90. you cant fuck it up as you can just click return to defaults if you want

Laptop or desktop?

Unless you're a trucker, deep sea fisherman, flight attendant/pilot or someone who does a shitload of traveling yes, its a meme. Just build a real system.

I'm not into nerdy stuff. I hardly even play games really

Desktop, that's why I worry.

In any other games it stays below 80 but Stranger of Paradise is so terribly optimized that it forces my PC into higher temperatures.

Attached: 1582935544293.jpg (300x300, 44.28K)

Their main two issues are overheating and their power supply not being able to fulfill their component requirements. I once owned a craptop whose battery was literally unable to provide enough wattage to the cpu/gpu under load so it just crashed.

Going past 80 in one game isn't going to hurt anything. If you are at high 80s or 90+ all the time you might need to start worrying about it

brand? AMD processors are rated for a max operating temperature of 95 c iirc

>gaming laptop starts to smell weird when running past 70c
just end my life

I think the absolute highest it has gotten was like 85, for that game I always keep MSI Afterburner active to check the temperature.

Yeah AMD, a shitty Ryzen 3 2200g and a GTX 1650, the CPU is the one that gets hotter, the card hovers between 70 and 80.

Yes, get a workstation. If you do buy a laptop, only buy what is NASA-tier.

Try limiting the framerate. I played ER at like 60C, but Martha is Dead jumped up to 80C (and its a kinda shit looking indie game) because the framerate was somehow uncapped. What are your idle temps? Those are far more important. Also make sure your fans on top pull air out and the lower ones draw air in.

You can just cap the cpu at 85% to help heat and turn off turbo boost

Idle is around 48 for the CPU and 41 for the card, which I believe is normal, I wish Stranger of Paradise was as well optimized as Nioh 2, my PC had no trouble with that one.

I'll try some of that, I don't like when games take my PC past the 80 mark.

>I'll try some of that, I don't like when games take my PC past the 80 mark.
capping to 85% takes literal seconds to do Its just in the windows battery power settings

You mean HTPCS

Is the smell of gaming.