Which side do I pick?

This will be my first time playing and I know you're suppose to pick some kind of side during the playthrough

Attached: elder-scrolls-skyrim-button-2017-1629409446732.jpg (1000x1000, 123.86K)

Stormcloak is the generally accepted answer.
Unless you have a hateboner for Ulfric. If you do join the Imperials.

Imperials is the generally accepted answer.
Unless you have a loveboner for Thalmor. If you do join the Stormcloaks.

Retard idiot, go play the fucking game and choose whichever side seems appropriate for your character given the circumstances he finds himself in.

You side with the Penitus Oculatus because the Dark Brotherhood fucking sucks.

Imperials if you're a reasonable person
Stormcloaks if you're an autistic retard

Would reasonable peole bring enemy deathsquads along and give them carte blanche to hunt down, imrison, torture and kill sovereign citizens you are sworn to protect? There is no oversight or defense allowed by the AD for the accused.

The Empire has lost the moral authority to rule.

Imperials, Stormcloaks it honestly doesn't matter, they have the exact same quests, the same rewards, only difference is the cities you sack and jarls you displace which ammounts to nothing gameplay wise

Long live the Emperor! Long live the Empire!

Attached: skyrim redpill 3.png (1350x2128, 394.82K)

Neither choice is good, the canon one will everything laid out in Season Unending followed by Ulfric's death, Tullius' assasination by Elenwen but the Thalmor also being driven out by the Dragonborn and an independent Skyrim. The Empire ceases to exist but most human territories agree the Thalmor needs to die. But it won't matter in TES 6 because it'll take place centuries after anything relevant has happened.

>couldn’t join thalmor as a highelf
fuck you todd

it don't matter. Because they ran out of time and cut a bunch of shit.

neither

Other than the real time changes in the game world nothing changes.
You have caught the dumb.

Same reason you can't join Dagoth or the Mythic Dawn. They never let you join the side that is going to lose.

Except the Empire's main goal is driving out said enemies, but at the moment they can't so it's a necessary evil for the time being. They're fully aware of their situation and know their only option is buying extra time. Stormcloaks are delusional retards whose chimpouts are making everything worse for everyone and themselves.

Are you prevented from doing anything you could before? No. Gameplay wise the only change is you might have to go to solitude to do a quest rather then whiterun but you aren't locked out

They are so weak they can't stand up to the AD yet strong enough to invade Skyrim?

Except the Thalmor are winning by every metric, if they end up losing then that would literally be bad writing.

Destroying the DB takes place in real time does it not? That has a tangible effect does it not?

Yes because Skyrim is a shithole you stupid fuck

With a few more "victories" like Hammerfell and the Imperial City the AD problem will solve itself.
The only thing saving the Empire from being so bad at war is the AD being even worse.

>invade Skyrim
???
skyrim is part of the empire. why do you think the white-gold concordat was even enforced there?

Half of it is.

It doesn't really matter. The Civil War quest is pretty much mirrored no matter which side you choose and has no effect on the game at all. Do you want the final battle to take place in a snowy city, then choose Imperial. If you want your final battle to take place in a sunny city, choose Stormcloak. That's it.

half of it broke off. it's not an invasion dipshit

The Thalmor aren't the main antagonists they're a tertiary antagonist. The Empire itself is more of a thorn in your side than they are. The Dragons are the main villains.

By that token of logic you could never join the Dark Brotherhood and they've been taking L's for centuries now and are on their last leg in Skyrim.

The group that assassinates the Emperor us on its last legs? I would hate to see them at full strength.

>two more weeks bro!

I tried Daggerfall Unity. It was too dated, I died to a rat and a bat, then i uninstalled.

Attached: 1640128995443.webm (720x300, 2.95M)

The half that left the Empire is not getting invaded because the Imperials know better than to step foot in that territory.
That is why the deathsquads only operate in Imperial controlled territory.

Ulfric is a faggot.

Both sides have completely defensible positions, and I will spoil u because I don't give a shit, the Thalmor fear both an Empire and a Stormcloak victory (u can read about that in one of the main quests)
Thalmor are fucking gay, and they want to keep the stalemate. Therefore, helping ANY side win is a big GOOD for Skyrim and bad for the Thalmor.
The worst thing you could do is be a baby shitter moralfag who doesn't take any side and lets skyrim slowly bleed out from attrition. You, the dragonborn, must end the conflict asap. Which side, doesn't matter.
Jarl Ballin' even explains to you that both sides have legitimate arguments.

Attached: lkt1xgawn8d21.png (1741x1079, 1.35M)

You kill the Emperor of a dying nation who ordered his own hit. Before they met you they were losers, they didn't even follow the tenets. Cicero is inarguably the closest thing to an actual member of the DB and is loyal to everything they stand for. He nearly killed a werewolf after being chased for days and nearly killing two other members who weren't even fast enough to react to his strikes.

The antagonists from Skyrim are ranked in order of importance
Dragons > Thalmor > Stormcloaks = Imperials
Dragons being the biggest threat is the whole point of the story. It's why the other three sides are forced to sit down for a meeting to shift their focus on the dragon problem. The Thalmor are obviously the secondary evil behind the dragons, as they are the sponsors of the entire conflict, being both the puppet masters and common enemy to both Stormcloaks and Imperials.

You think that's bad? Play Arena. You will spend almost an hour trying to get out of the initial sewer area.

Are the Thalmor the Jews of Skyrim?

>supposedly "more intelligent" (more magic and stuff)
>ugly snob faces
>arrogance drips from every pore
>generally rude and subversive
>gaslight everyone
yes

No matter who you pick I am going to tell you that you are wrong and make fun of you.

they're actually Nazis, not like poltards like you could pick up on that

to a libtard anything is a nazi
first it's "muh stormcloaks are nazis" then "muh thalmor are nazis", whats next?
is alduin a nazi too?
fukkin retard

Ah, yes, because the Nazis definitely operated covertly to subvert countries from within, not overtly to outright transform their own country and invade others.

decent bait, 7/10

The civil war questline is garbage, I have no idea why you faggots continually argue vs meaningless red vs blue factions forever.

If you are faggot, pick empire

you will grow up with the consequences of whatever side you have chosen

This is the real answer here if you care about politics, however, it should be noted that the Empire is the weakest faction in the 4th Era. They were the only ones who got obliterated by the Thalmor and whether or not you believe that they can stall it out and git gud is up to you. A temporary pact between Stormcloacks and Redguards (who slaughtered the Thalmor and forced them to accept THEIR terms in Hamerfell) would be stronger than whatever is left of Cyrodill.

Alternatively, you can leave all these petty squabbles alone and serve the One True God and Creator of the Universe by joining his Brotherhood.

Attached: steak.jpg (2142x2142, 360.67K)

One of these sides tries to execute you at the start of the game
The other reaches out to save you and that's no matter what race you are.

>who slaughtered the Thalmor
It was actually a stalemate

Like every "choice" in this "role playing game", it doesn't fucking matter or affect fucking anything.

Pick whichever side you want but if you pick Stormcloaks you're retarded

Attached: f73.jpg (1040x1200, 115.2K)

Should I replay Skyrim or Oblivion.
Never finished them btw.

Neither are worth "finishing" tbqhwy. Have you played their DLCs? Shivering Isles and Dragonborn might be worth it if you haven't.

sonic ruined my life

Haven't played any. I put a lot of hours on both games when they released, but looking back I think I achieved fucking nothing in any of them. Never touched their dlcs either.

>be the empire
>capture ulfric
>plan on executing him in secret in some backwater town "to get it over with", which also won't cause more problems with the people of skyrim!
>instead of executing him first, do one of his men instead because he wanted to die and bumped the line or something lol
>THEN decide to execute (you) next, some literal who, who literally did nothing wrong, who was just at the wrong place at the wrong time
>alduin shows up, ulfric escapes, the civil war goes on (which is bad for both the empire and the stormcloaks, and good for the thalmor)
fuck the empire
maybe you could make the case that having the dragonborn fight for them could light a fire under their ass and unite them or something, but that's headcanon
but this user has the right of it

Attached: 1628481319005.jpg (300x350, 48.74K)

Imperials
the only correct answer

Ok then I would safely recommend Oblivion. The main quest is shit (and so is Skyrim's) but most other questlines are vastly superior. Without spoiling anything I'll just say Shivering Isles does live up to the hype and the game is worth playing for that alone.

I would also recommend spending some time modding out the game's blatant design flaws though. As far as essentials you have Galerion Natural Leveling, Auto Update Leveled Items and Spells and Oblivion -Elys- Uncapper. Also some visual overhauls like OCO if you can't stand the character models. Have fun.

The empire falls apart no matter what. Better to go Stormcloaks so you at least have a strong Skyrim.

Thanks for the mod list bro. I'll assume those mods will fix the horrible level scaling right? It's the only thing I'd change in that game, as for me it's the perfect middle point between an RPG (Morrowind) and an ARPG with exploration (Skyrim).

Do the main quest first, when you get to the Thalmor embassy make sure to find the Thalmor Dossiers, that will help you make a choice.

Attached: perro libro.jpg (1242x1212, 103.21K)

The dossiers only state that the Thalmor want the conflict to go on for as long as possible. They don't want either side to win.
So how would that help anyone make a choice?