Sayonara....Shadow The Hedgehog

Sayonara....Shadow The Hedgehog

Attached: 1462089666005.jpg (1280x720, 116.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dMtX93GeFaU?t=1364
youtu.be/3AR_X41HFRw?t=3897
youtube.com/watch?v=Ah2qjw2VSU8&ab_channel=SonicSoundArchive
youtu.be/mNGhgeQt6bE?t=1127
youtu.be/NSw5_krZ3mY?t=517
youtube.com/watch?v=5fOXvXrCaTA
youtu.be/QR9_OxJD_r8?t=1145
youtube.com/watch?v=AfI9tyGatlk&ab_channel=ZonicTHedgehog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>english voices

Attached: no.png (285x277, 86.02K)

It was Sega of Japan that forced the English cast to awkwardly say Japanese phrases throughout the game, right? I don’t really know the whole story.

We'll never have a moment like this again because modernbabbies are too scared of thoughtful storytelling and too shy to demand more of SEGA.

*siiiiip* yup, sonic ended here

Attached: Buff Eggman.jpg (587x570, 55.16K)

True. Just look at this thread

Who knows.
The JP version doesn't even use Japanese for this line, it's Spanish.
youtu.be/dMtX93GeFaU?t=1364

Why did he say Sayonara of all things?

Attached: 1553221162498.png (630x334, 191.02K)

>Goodbye forever Shadow the Hedgehog
>Comes back the very next game
Lol lmao

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 66.5K)

Fun fact that surprises literally no one.
This is meant to be a reference to the final line of SA2, however, much like the exchange between Sonic and Shadow in Heroes, the new localizers fucked it up by not lining it up with that game's localization.
youtu.be/3AR_X41HFRw?t=3897

That’s weird. So even the original Japanese cast was told to speak in a foreign language at times? Sega made some strange creative decisions back in the day.

>TERIIIIIYAAAAAAA!
Peak unadulterated lvdo

>Ching chong ling ling.....Shadow the hedgehog

(in English)

I honestly wonder how the Sonic series would be viewed if the series really did stop at Sonic Adventure 2.

Attached: b76.png (900x675, 233.17K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Ah2qjw2VSU8&ab_channel=SonicSoundArchive

Attached: 1614555184657.jpg (585x511, 46.25K)

SoJ REALLY wants Sonic to be fucking huge in Japan, for some reason.

Attached: 1598872694337.jpg (622x541, 46.65K)

Could the translators of Shadow the Hedgehog really not be assed to keep things consistent instead of having Shadow say "Goodbye forever" at the end? Or was it also different in Japanese? If so they're all retarded.

Nope, posted the original scene and it was a reference to the SA2 line.

Everything in the last half of Adventure 2 is unfiltered kino

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 25.04K)

There's some extra context here.
In the original Japanese VO, Sonic's always sprinkled in some english in his speech, which is a way to make him sound cooler in that language. This has been a thing since SA1 and has continued in games past SA2.
youtu.be/mNGhgeQt6bE?t=1127
The random Japanese in English SA2 was likely an attempt to replicate that, of course it doesn't work as well cause randomly saying something in Japanese isn't really seen as cool in English-speaking countries.
As for the Spanish, the line is originally said by Maria, a blonde, blue-eyed girl with a russian name, so I believe it was a way to show her European origin without much thought put into how Russia and Spain are thousands of miles apart.
youtu.be/NSw5_krZ3mY?t=517
Of course, all of these intermingling langauges in the Japanese version call into question the fact that if Sonic is intentionally sprinkling English into his speech, then that means they're really speaking Japanese in every scene, in a game that takes place predominantly in San Francisco.

Attached: hipstersonic.png (500x297, 153.29K)

Same shit happened for Heroes. Sonic says Shadow is stubborn and full of surprises in Heroes which is meant to be a call back to their final SA2 fight but that got changed to something else in SA2.

Attached: 0cf.png (488x750, 1.03M)

Correct.

Attached: file.png (960x1078, 1.11M)

why sonikku speak jaapan

youtube.com/watch?v=5fOXvXrCaTA

There'd be absolutely WAY MORE appreciation coming from people, without any game beyond SA2 to fully change the Sonic's course into a mass of pure tangible cancer that'd taint the reception. Sonic would be remembered more fondly, that's for sure. Adventure 2 was practically meant to be the last Sonic game.

Mania not existing on circumstance is the only downside I can imagine of this different timeline, but I still would accept the compensation.

>we missed on Sonic going "You know, what can I say... You die hard too."
Mad.

youtu.be/QR9_OxJD_r8?t=1145
Holy shit, a scene in a Sonic game that isn’t just retarded Marvel quips?

Honestly I can live with everything besides Mania after Sonic Adventure 2 not existing.

why did maria get taken to the arc and eggman didn't?

Eggman is less than 50 years old.

The funny thing is that EN Heroes actually does add a reference to SA2, since Sonic says Shadow is full of surprises just like what Shadow said to him before the battle.
It just doesn't hit as hard cause Sonic's "I die hard" response is infinitely more iconic.

I swear to fucking god they best not fuck up the best Sonic plot in the third Sonic movie.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 22.2K)

He says "You never cease to surprise me" so it's not quite as direct a response. These callbacks work better the more verbatim they are.

SA2 is actually the peak of videogames in general.

The more money they make from the second movie, they more they'll be able to splurge on the CG for the third so they can make the ARK, the Biolizard and so on. Chances are looking good so far.

Maria had gigaAIDS and Gerald wanted to co-opt project shadow to make a cure, so he had her brought up with him.

They'll look at the success of the second movie an attribute it to the wedding scene

>they put that fat bitch on the space ark and her only role is to deliver jokes when shit is serious
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: rachel_from_sonic_the_hedgehog_2__2022__by_yesenia62702_df1o1jo-fullview.jpg (680x266, 27K)

>Gerald's last message plays
>Rachel is on the ARK with everyone else and goes "Dayum, they opened fire on him? Those guys had no chill"
Can't wait.

>maria dies a child
>her even younger ark playmate heterochromia becomes a grandpa
>her cousin eggman is middle-aged
Bet Eggman wouldn't have turned out half as evil if he got some ara ara onee-san action

>Sonic movie 2 and mania is better than anything the retards at sonic team ever shat out
>w-we need more darker stories!
seethe more Adventuretard

the bad translations of the sonic games make me seethe so much, i wish japanese wasnt so hard to learn

The only human we need is Tom since he's clearly going to be very important in Sonic 3
The rest can fuck off

Attached: wdodm32ctnv81.png (1280x1676, 1.32M)

>Shadow having a tender moment gets cut off by Eggman flossing

>Shadow, ya gotta rememba, those niggas down there on earth are cool and shiet! You finna cap all of em? Get ya head outta yo ass!

Attached: chrisandshadow.png (480x360, 155.59K)

Good fuck I hate that Kingdom Hearts looking little shit so much.

except lizard forma completo's hitbox

I kinda want to see that since Amy might not even be in the movie and her role already got stolen in a previous adaptation.

He made the soap shoes, he's alright in my book

Attached: file.png (640x480, 330.85K)

>tom's father/grandfather is the one who shoots maria
Would they do it?

t. modernfag falseflagging as a classicbro
Kill yourself. Colors, Lost World, and Forces were all fucking garbage.

Haha so true, the popularity of the movies with their purely classic cast is proof that those Adventurefags will nev-

Wait, is that... No... NO... NONONONONO!!!! NOOOOOOO CLASSICSISTERS THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!!! AHHHHHH I'M GOING INSANE SAVE ME NIGGERMAN

Attached: 1650837339605.png (350x381, 157.46K)

youtube.com/watch?v=AfI9tyGatlk&ab_channel=ZonicTHedgehog
Holy Soul

Attached: 1645929705105.jpg (1200x675, 152.14K)

Even the quippier scenes aren’t groaners like every Sonic game made after 2012.

Like this one.

Attached: 82150D79-E044-44C8-870F-75C3CEE49757.png (1005x771, 1.02M)

>Colors, Lost World, and Forces were all
kino and sold more than adventureshit
He's gonna act like how he is now and not the retarded edgelord that he was in adventure and ow the edge

I don't think they were going for humor in that scene, the ones with more levity would be Amy trying to get Knuckles out of the manhole, Amy complaining she's always left behind and Sonic impersonating bruce lee

Has any game with an RCS-voiced Sonic ever tried to have a “moment” like this?

>Muh sales
Nobody gives a shit.