Why is the Switch's library so weak?

Why is the Switch's library so weak?

Attached: 1621837994445.jpg (680x680, 189.25K)

why have a strong library when you can sell junk based on brand alone?

Gaming in general kinda sucks, and without the wii u situation with it struggling so hard they have to deliver quality software they don't bother.
This is also before you get into developers being so incompetent they can barely manage to put out functioning games on the thing.

It works for sony

Second best library after PC actually.

PC+Switch master race

Don't need to make games when you indoctrinate your user base.

Switch's first part library is actually pretty fucking stellar. Sadly pre-Wii U games are fagged behind a shitty subscription service so you should just keep pirating them for eternity.

threadly (You)

hourly cope

>he can't play GCN and older natively
I feel so sorry for poor zoomers

Why did all of the Power Rangers transform into Fourze?

You're right. Thank god the PS5 has so many amazing titles.

sad how common this has become for Nintendo

The Switch has been out for 7 years and has sold 100 million units, and but the biggest new IPs it has are "Ring Fit Adventure" and "Arms".

Attached: 1440992939939.png (1106x1012, 659.83K)

I feel like i've seen this thread before.

>O-OH YEAH? WELL MOVIE AND... MOVIE AND UH.. F-FUCK YOU SNOY I'M GOING INSANE AIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE

Yeah but I can play the switch on a rooftop

All of Yea Forums is just repeating the same threads.

Still better than being excited for the 8th Fromshit rehash in the last 9 years

All worthwhile games are on Switch and PC.
And since Xbox is PC.....
I wonder who's behind these threads...

This post is the pinnacle of free rent

Xbox is better than PC.

Ring fit is its best game. Why continue?

>b-but you can emulate 3 of those games! PC is basically a Switch!!!!!

Attached: Soy+boy+grin_f35656_6529216.jpg (1200x1696, 548.28K)

Sonyponi falseflag attacks are getting more desperate by the hour.

If the wiiu sold more than 9 systems Nintendo would be killed for all of it's ports

It's a handheld system disguised as a home console
The dock sucks super hard

Based. Fuck Shitchniggers

Game development takes years and everyone wants new entries in their favorite series. The real solution is to hire more devs. No one is actually mad about no new IPs because it doesn't mean shit, just something to complain about, but people would be outraged if a series they like dies.

>game is good
>t-that doesn't count because it wasn't a movie game with unique charscters

Maybe that is the reason Nintendo rarely has good 3rd party support. Every generation is completely different than the last. And outside of Nintendo themselves, it takes a few years to adapt to it and create games.
Then by the time you pop out a game or two, Nintendo has launched the next one with entirely new tech to figure out.

Literally no games that matter except one, and that game is better on PC. I guess it's portable, but I'm not a toddler that needs a handheld amusement or electronic toy wherever I go.

Obsession with novelty might be a sign of a neurological disorder like ADHD.
I'd unironically rather play a hyper-polished 85th Zelda game (that still has new mechanics) and its asset-flip pseudo-sequel than something New™ and Exciting® that's still just a cash-in on whatever the trend is at the time. I'd rather keep playing one great game over and over, than go trudge through 50 different bad games just because I've never played them before.

Cope

Attached: Smiling mayrio.png (500x500, 223.58K)

it's selling because it's unopposed in the handheld gaming market

oh yeah my favorite Wii U games, like Mario Odyssey, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Astral Chain, WarioWare Get it Together, Metroid Dread, Luigi's Mansion 3, Monster Hunter Rise, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Ring Fit Adventure, Shin Megami Tensei V...

Zelda BOTW destroyed the series formula to chase the current open world trend.

Dilate

Attached: 1650899899010.jpg (623x767, 142.87K)

>Astral chain
>Warioware get it together
>Luigi's mansion 3
>Rise
>Fire emblem three houses
We get it, you've got no taste

PC has jackshit for HDR support and 360/og xbox emulation is garbage. Cope harder, little faggot.

Attached: 1651430409188.jpg (800x1136, 244.57K)

The DS and 3DS actually had games though, targeted specifically at them.
The Switch has nothing besides first party titles, anything else is ports. I've been looking really hard and can't find a single 3rd party title that actually looks like it was meant for the Switch, if that makes sense. It feels barren.

>Switch's library so weak
Out of the three home platforms it has the best library.

I mean nobody bought the Wii U except us, so everyone else is just enjoying those "new" games 5 years late
Animal Crossing is probably fun for all the normies who never played it before, personally I was done with it after the Gamecube one since it's all basically the same game.
Pokemon I have no excuse for, those games suck ass nowadays. It's no wonder the prices of used copies of the first 5 gens are through the fucking roof.

>One of the best Mario games
>One of the best Metroid games
>One of the best Kirby games
>The best Mario Kart game
>One of the best Mario Party's in like over a decade
>Ultimate is such an improvement over Smash 4 it's insane
>Brought pack Pokemon Snap and it's actually good
>Tetris 99 is probably one of the most addicting online games ever
>Bayo 3 soon

How on earth is it a weak library? I don't like the switch as actual hardware and think it's one of the least ergonomic handhelds I've ever used, but fuck the library has been great

Yea Forums is like a cheap tv channel, 95% of it is reruns of shit you've seen before and 5% is a shoddy news programme

Doesn't windows 11 have the exact same auto HDR stuff that xbox has?

>One of the best Metroids
>One of the best Kirby's
>One of the best
What does that even mean to you? Top 2-3-4?
Because I know dread ranks at least below 3 prime games and super... And being the 4th best anything isn't really worth writing home about.

>one of the best metroid games
Sorry dude but Super Metroid and Prime 2 blow this shit out the fucking water.
>The best mario kart game
A WiiU game
>Mario Party
there's like a billion of these now, and this one is not even new content it's just rehashed old minigames
Snap, Mario and Ultimate are very good though.

Dread is the second best 2D Metroid game in my book, and in a reality where there hasn't been a 2D Metroid game since 2003 that's a fucking hell of a revival

It's on the same level as Sonic Mania to me - I'm genuinely surprised we live in a universe where it actually happened

>mario
>mario again
>mario
lmfao retard

Not quite since it doesn't work correctly for a lot of games, and lots of old games can't use it (or use it correctly when forced) due to running on old versions of DirectX. Also wasn't what I was referring to specifically, Dolby Vision for PC games is a goddamn joke (and it's nonexistent on PS5 altogether).

Super Metroid is one of the best games iof all time. I don't think that's much of a blow against Dread to be a great game in the same series as Super Metroid. That's pretty fucking awesome

Also the Wii U version of Mario Kart lacks a ton of shit compared to Deluxe - there's no reason you'd ever go back and play the original. Also I don't know how into Mario Party you are but it's been a complete shitshow for the last several years and the new one is genuinely a breath of fresh air for the series. They actually tried

>Second best 2d Metroid
Weirdly specific and still wrong. Super of course reigns supreme, then am2r, then fusion, thenzero mission sans zero suit, and then dread

What's wrong with Mario?

>Lacks a ton of shit
Like the unbalanced 200cc? Or the shitty Mario kart tour tracks that just came out?

>I, OP, am a huge faggot and only play big AAA releases.
>I also like to eat shit
Switch has a great set of niche titles, stop being a falseflagging snoy faggot and actually look through the library.

Sorry, don't agree at all, especially with Fusion. And I like Fusion, but it's a very inconsistent game

Hack your switch.
You WERE an early adopter and can hack your switch with a paperclip, right?

>unbalanced 200cc
???

200cc is one of the best things about the game. Also the new tracks are good, fuck, Ninja Hideaway is probably one of the best tracks in the game

you can emulate all switch games lol
nice selfie btw

Fusion has a weaker map I'll give you that, but better enemies, better suit, better atmosphere and the story isn't written like a shounen anime

>Second best library after PC actually.
NES, SNES, GB, N64, GBA, GCN, DS, Wii, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PSP, Xbox, Saturn, and Dreamcast all mog it.

It’s because Pokémon was a flop. Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon should have been enough to carry it but Pokémon dropped the ball.

>better suit
The Dread suit is genuinely my favorite. Those fucking thighs man. It also helps that Dread has some next level animation quality

Attached: 02373fe0-cee5-11eb-b656-6002acaed856.cf.jpg (2500x1517, 400.23K)

I've owned every Nintendo home console since the NES and every Sony console since the PS1. I own 23 Switch games, which I consider to be a pretty good collection as it's the most games I've had for 1 console since the PS2. Here's my full collection:

>Switch exclusives
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Cadence of Hyrule
Mario Party Superstars
Pokemon Shield
Pokemon Legends: Arceus
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Fire Emblem Warriors
Triangle Strategy (Though I expect this to get a PC port later)

>Multiplat
Dragon Quest XI: Exchoes of an Elusive Age
Wild Guns Reloaded
Octopath Travelers
Super Bomberman R
Puyo Puyo Tetris

>Remakes exclusive to Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Pokemon Let's Go Eevee
Pokemon Shining Pearl

>Remasters exclusive to Switch
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

>Wii U games released/ported to Switch
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

There's a lot of games I didn't get because they personally don't interest me but could interest other people like Mario Odyssey, Metroid Dread, Astral Chain, Splatoon 2 or Kirby games.
For upcoming games I'm going to get Three Hopes, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Mario Strikers, Pokemon Scarlet/Violet and Breath of the Wild 2. That's 5 more games I'm going to get, all of which are new titlres exclusive to Switch.

If the Switch doesn't interest you, that's fine. Different people like different things. Personally, I've been quite pleased with my purchase.

Attached: mcdonaldstar.jpg (728x582, 56.03K)

I'm playing Triangle Strategy and that game is stellar. Perhaps you should look to 3rd parties to scratch your new IP itch then.