twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>inb4 SOUL vs SOULLESS

I want Dead Space 4.
But this looks neat.

Soulless
Soul

i dont feel nostalgia for bottom so its soulless

Who fucking cares anymore. Dead space 3 sucked anyway

Yea Forums doesn't want to admit it but Dead Space, especially on PC could benefit from a remake

It's a pretty nice graphics upgrade but early xbox 360 games were never impressive they always looked like just ps2 games played at hd resolutions
I'd honestly like to see the game compared to dead space 2 instead

>597572905
top soulless
bottom soul

It's fine on PC once you install the mouse fix and cap the framerate to 60. I will no doubt play the remake because I'm a sucker for the franchise but I do not have high hopes. The look of it hasn't done anything for me from what we've seen so far and don't even get me started on giving Isaac an actual voice.

I'll admit it, but desu I'd rather we got some non related reboot where you don't even play as Isaac. The power creep was a bit too crazy across dead space 1-3

>don't even get me started on giving Isaac an actual voice.
Literally a good change

Dead space could benefit more from not being owned by EA

Terrible move.
>FUCK YOU AND YOUR MARKER
OMG TOTALLY EPIC!!!! AWESOMESAUCE

Post your predictions for how they are going to fuck this up.

Attached: 1504745302089.jpg (3360x1890, 2.65M)

The game's visuals will get bogged down in trying to impress the player with how crazy and different it is from the original in an attempt to justify its own existence as a remake.
Atmosphere? Who needs that when you can bombard the player's eyes with lights, reflections, and other effects so they forget they bought a 14 year old game for 70 dollars.

Great line

>Faithful remake
>Hammond reminds Isaac that despite all of his actions he's still a honky ass cracka and da white man invented slavery
>Not faithful remake
>playing as Isaac Clark's black daughter

>PS3 and xbox360 games have "soul" now according to Yea Forums

Attached: 1643807840455.gif (375x498, 3.28M)

youtube.com/watch?v=WTVWlxTUm5Y

Issac is an evil white male.

He dies an becomes the necromorph final boss, while the main character becomes Ellie.

There, i saved you 60+ bucks.

bottom looks way better

>Leddit spacing

I just replayed dead space. I'm not going to watch a video praising crunchy audio and visuals and forced fucking mouse acceleration

>The necromorphs are actually the good guys because well we saaid so

youtube.com/watch?v=P7AhP1JVMrk
Thoughts?

People always say this but they fail to realize how shitty the graphics can get for games similar to these. They were also never able to make detailed hallways of that size with such clarity before at such a close distance. Games like Manhunt and The Suffering 2 could only add so much details to the environment while keeping clarity.

>Playing days gone
>"It looks like some of the freaks maintain some sense of complex thought"
>Initiate -oh boy here we go.exe-
>To my surprise deacon brushes it off "oh wow cool they wear gold watches and comb their hair and kiss their husbands goodbye before they piss and shit themselves and start killing people"
Surprisingly based for a game made after 2015

They confirmed Gunner is reprising his role as Isaac but what about the actors for the other characters

Barely looks any different.
Remaking 7th gen games makes no fucking sense.

it's such a minor difference and in most cases the devs would just adjust for that problem instead of making literal giant sandboxes with nothing to do

the biggest problem with modern gaming is the lack of risk and bloated sandboxes with no real content but copy pasted horseshit

Dead Space still looks great on PC

Agreed. Plus they're probably going to change something fundamental and piss people off

It looks completely different

>Barely looks different
Bruh...

No it doesn't, it does a good job of hiding it by having pitch black lighting with high contrast.

And here we go with the "soulless remake" arguments that rely only on nostalgia

It wasn't so because even texturing and polygon count didn't allow for clarity of that size. Hell in another year Arkham Asylum would come out and it was amazing for what it did because of that and really showed off the power of the new gen.

Actually a better example for this that's even earlier would be Folklore. I remember in 2007 everyone hyping the shit up for it because of its presentation and how amazing everything looked about it. The trailer really helped as well of course.
youtu.be/sE2wxepy7Kw?t=154

Top looks like a utilitarian mining vessel, the bottom looks like a haunted house attraction.

It looked fine when I played, the performance was the real issue

>Good lighting equals a haunted house attraction
Fucking lol

Bottom looks better

I don't understand people who want remakes. Imagine you read a really good book and they release a new edition and in the new edition the pages are different colours, the text is all capitals, and the chapters have been rearranged or cut.

This is the most bullshit statement I've read today yet.

>Old Dead Space
>Bad lighting
How many EA shills are in this thread? Can you raise your hands?

>no you see the spooky low lying fog is actually um... more realistic!

Old game is outdated and janky as hell, not to mention literally unplayable on PC unless you use mods. And even then it still crashes

Thats actually a good remake if the picture is anything to go by..

Dead Space 1 doesn't have the same 'SOUL' aspect compared to games released in the late-90s/early-00s.
For that reason I think the remake looks much better.

>WAHSOMEONE SAVE ME I GOT CALLED OUT FOR MY BULLSHIT
That's you, cope and seethe. I won btw

let's put thin layer of fog near ground for no reason
why? why is there so much humidity, it would make sense for garden/oxygende facility region but not for the random hallway

Attached: what's going on.jpg (453x488, 47.67K)

>Old game is outdated
Stopped reading there, you just need to throw money at the shiny keys being jingled in your face

I played it for the first time recently and it looks fine. I even finished the entire game capped at 120fps with no issues. I did install reshade halfway through to make the game darker since even with the brightness all the way down fullscreen mode is too bright.

Nigger I've been replaying the game yesterday and today and there's literally parts of the game where the environment around you is pitch black but Isacc is still fully lit lmao. Stop being a nostalgiadrone

>Giving money to EA for a remake of a game in a series that they fucked up from developers that they killed

Attached: 1635430087040.gif (245x219, 1.79M)

there will be new textlog with some jewish crew member who's scared of Unitology and people forgetting 6 millions

Attached: hold the fuck up.jpg (297x169, 5.44K)

Now can people stop saying dead space looked pretty , even on release date i thought that other than some light effect it looked pretty bad on the eyes

Attached: cto6e409nmd71.png (768x768, 323.85K)

>no you need to buy a bad product so that maybe theyll make a good product maybe after???
shut up faggot

I don't negotiate with video game terrorists

That means the remake already holds the same spirit the base game had.

>reddit filename
Lmao of course they come up with bullshit situations like this

I would have preferred for them to do a reimagined sort of remake like FF7. Yet this won't happen for this game. It amazes me how much these game remakes like to go completely contrary to what I'd like to see or prefer. I only say this though because to me Dead Space 1 as it is is already really good and doesn't logically need improvements that much. So seeing it done in a different style would be a lot more interesting. FF7 though on the other hand had so much greatness from its era I would have liked to seen modernized and improved but instead they altered it in every way imaginable even down to changing the story. Its shit. Square just didn't have the balls to dare release a turn based RPG in modern times even though it would have sold well anyways considering it was FF7, the game so many wanted to come back.

Dead Space really does not need a remake is my point.

Yeah fuck that. It’s a petty way for the publishers to strongarm people in to buying shitty games.
>”oh, we can’t make Spyro 4. The reignited trilogy only sold 50 billion copies as opposed to our target of 51 billion. Be cause the MEANY players didn’t spend enough money, we’re shutting down the developers studio and sending them to work on warzone.
Fuck that blackmailing terrorist bullshit

I honestly don't get why people want a Dead Space 4. Isaac is dead and Ellie sucks. A Dead Space 4 would be terrible.

The real question is if they're going to nerf Kendras huge tits

I played through the PC version last year, it was completely fine.

And what are they going to do with Dead Space 2?

Games with actual good gameplay (like Dead Space) do not need remakes. Only games with shitty gameplay should be remade, so they can be made better.

They confirmed if this is a success they're doing the other games too. Also they're already bringing stuff over from Dead Space 2 like Isaac having a voice and being able to fly

You know they will.

Callisto Protocol

Callisto Protocol

they going race swap some character, more strong women and men are idios

The bottom looks objectively better. If they manage to nail the sound design to a tee and have the visuals be consistently superb, I think the remake will be a good experience.
I still think the original holds up really well, but is clearly technically limited.

What is up with people shitting on remakes? Sure, there are awful remakes like WC3 Reforged, Dark Souls etc. but stuff like FF, Spyro, Demon's Souls, Resident Evil, Crash etc, all have been good.

You'd have to have some thick fucking rose tinted nostalgia goggles and a pinch of double digit IQ to think that all remakes are universally bad.