What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: file.png (1200x630, 1.38M)

Game sucks.

trying it out right now with my little Asura Engi, been enjoying it even if im still super low level

Attached: image_2022-05-01_133150045.png (308x428, 186.86K)

Nothing, pretty good game. However, they keep shoving SJW bullshit into it, within the first few minutes of the new expansion they start promoting LGBTPQ+, I simply refuse to buy it or support the game in any way, I've had enough

Nothing, good game

>everything is a giant gold sink the game

lgbt writting teams creating the most annoying, poorly composed, unlikeable character driven, self insert plagued, gender politics flooded, race mixing globohomo driven, propaganda nightmare narrative of any fucking game to date.

If you wanna look at a game made by LGBT for LGBT, guildwars 2 is it. Anything is better than it.

Despite the game being somewhat polished of a product. The biggest fucking disaster were the writers who singlehandedly made the game so fucking miserable, so fucking unenjoyable, that it became unsalvageable without trying to kill off so many in later expansions and still having so many problems. No actual human with real taste and critique can ignore the loud and blatant leftist globohomo lense this game has. It is quite literally screaming it at you every chance it has. SWTOR has more tasteful written characters and story.

How GW1 transitioned into this fucking mess is not a mystery, just a WHY.

It is a pile of poorly made design decisions from WvW to no actual guild wars. It is a hollowed out product wearing the skin of a great game just to prop up something disgusting and unlikeable.

Attached: 8E0B30BD-448E-4960-BB35-D288C7565033.jpg (462x353, 33.05K)

>within the first few minutes of the new expansion they start promoting LGBTPQ+
what

dykes

>what if we turned our successful adventure real time tactics cooperative game into a WOW clone built entirely by gay furries - the game

to add the salt, same writer gonna write some more for the next expansion

Don't know what it's like now, but this is why I stopped playing.
>Armour was almost entirely relegated to the cash shop, couldn't get anything cool through hard work.
>Truly awful dialogue and atrocious characters in the living story
>All the GW1 old guard being pushed out and replaced by people who've never played the first game and know nothing about it.
>Shit customer service, never helped with account hacks etc
>Very obvious that the dev team hated the people that played their game.

not enough sex

>>Armour was almost entirely relegated to the cash shop, couldn't get anything cool through hard work.
is this actually true?

There's a lot of cool stuff outside of the cash shop, I almost never wore any cash shop armor myself apart from the magitech one and aetherblade which were really fucking cool I give you that.
I don't know how it is now but back then the most stylish armors came from the game itself while the shiny clown stuff was cash shop. At least they're still purchasable with ingame money so it's still considered hard work

Attached: fashion wars.webm (612x590, 2.88M)

they killed my bro bathazar for being a male

It might have changed now, but I haven't touched the game in years.

Almost everything. Story sucks, gameplay sucks, no dervish with PoF was retarded. Fag shit everywhere. The characters are gay all gay and furry shit. Even the music got pozzed.

Literal retards on Yea Forums spouting factoids that were (maybe) true 9 years ago as if MMORPGs don't get updates that fix their 9-year old issues. In every fucking GW2 thread.

Attached: 205.jpg (680x850, 102.84K)

90% of those sets look like absolute dogshit though. Big ugly trenchcoats and armoured skirts with shit physics.

Their marketing team is so fucking bad the biggest advertisement the game has gotten to date is WoW 1:1 copying their mounts' functionality and animations.

Attached: GW2_CommandoWallpaper01-1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 672.37K)

literally none of GW2's core issues were fixed though you brainlet
or you're about to tell me that they fixed the spammy combat, shit lore, or dreadful inventory management every 5 seconds?

don't play games with me frog.

Attached: 20220501165849_1.jpg (1920x1080, 433.38K)

Just find ur own style m8

Attached: gw2 (953).jpg (1680x1050, 381.49K)

the models look so bad lol. i dont know what it is.

You lack a good sense of fashion I can tell

Attached: 1349229532529.jpg (1920x1200, 773.25K)

not talking about the fashion, just talking about the character models.

Case in point, play a less shit class like Warrior if you don't like spammy combat, lore is 100% subjective, and inventory management has been fixed since POF when they added unidentified gear that stacks up to 250 as your standard drops.

everything after Heart of Thorns feels like bad fanfic. Cursed Shore and Verdant Brink are the best maps still.

my best guess a character is gay or something and user is furious.

I haven't seen any gay shit yet and I've probably got like 200 hours in the game

Not the user you're replying to but all I know is that I played this when it first came out and they had an implied gay relationship pretty prominent and this game was the very first to feature a tranny.

I did play Warrior too. I then realized another problem in the game, the progression just sucks. The skills you can use the points in dont feel impactful at all, they're mostly boring passives, and the skills that matter are shared with every class lol (the blue things, glyphs?).

>lore is subjective
it really isn't. GW1 had way more interesting lore & events, and the gods weren't antagonists for example. Hell GW1 literally starts with a land changing event that you witness.
GW2 threw all of that way for shit you see in every other game - "dude dragons lmao", "dude kill gods lmao".

>feature a tranny
Was that the screenshot floating around a few years ago of that one random NPC who says she used to be a dude? Because I haven't found them and a throwaway line from a rando isn't gonna tilt me that hard.

Dunno bout the gay relationship, but if it's plants I give that a pass. Since they're plants, they don't have balls.

I have a zero tranny tolerance policy in regards to where my money goes.

Everything

I liked it on release but then they decided to ruin it by exploiting FOMO with timed "living world" updates instead of proper expansions. I know they did make actual expansions later but they were still doing the living world shit plus the expansions weren't very good.

The worst example of this in EOD i can think of is when Yao randomly introduces himself as nonbinary to a stranger

Otherwise 99% of people crying about gays in GW2 are still seething about the main gay couple that's in your player character's friend group since post-launch content.

It is plants, it's one of the early story quests when you start as one, they're all genderless imitations of humans

it promoted niggers

I wouldn't really call them FOMO when each episode lasted around 3 months and are still available for a bit of gold

Not as much build diversity as the first game
Story quest structure was neat but got worse as you went on. Honestly the race-specific quest lines are the best parts of that game.

>muh no quests like other MMOs
Boring map exploration doing mundane public events for hearts, jumping puzzles, and metas. Throw in achievement hunting for stuff and it's literally a quest system without calling it a quest system.

>muh no trinity play how u want!
Homogenous blobs of people attacking world bosses

>muh fun non tab targeting combat
It still is functionally the same as any other MMO with the addition of dodging

>muh horizontal progression no gear treadmill
Cosmetic chasing can only carry you so far, doubly so when the cosmetics are generally bland, bright and gaudy, and/or locked behind the cash shop.

>muh mounts
The mounts are cool, but the mastery grind can go suck a dick.

GW2 fanboys are so irritating simply for the fact they act like the game is some dark horse antithesis to the current MMO market when in reality it's just kind of there occupying a small niche like other long running MMOs.

Attached: 62224d3a1b5f43c0c6dbe2755c51ca39b6d55429833578fff542ef49f6a91205.jpg (1850x1850, 454.37K)

The items are gay and don't make you feel powerful. Nothing you can do will make you feel different than anyone else.

I just bot to get forum gold these days.

And yet I haven't been able to enjoy any other MMO since I stopped playing. It spoiled me.

and that's fine, everybody has their thing. I just dislike the GW2 fanboys thinking their shit doesn't stink while throwing shade at other, popular, MMOs. This obviously applies to all MMO fanboys but GW2's in particular are like little yappy dogs that won't shut up after being told to stop.

>choose to fuck up the entire lore and world just to add furry races
>ignore dwarves
That's where they fucked up

Nothing, only growing western MMO.

If you're end game build or guild has one stat out of place then you're never going to be accepted into raiding. The obsession with DPS with the necessity of a 3rd party tool is a fuckup which means I see more people annoyed at those who have lower damage than those fucking up the simplest of mechanics, like jumping or not being in the large red circles.

>Play GW2 since launch, thousands of hours of game time
>Kept playing it because of sunk cost
>Always angry, hoping the game would get better but for every step forward there were two backwards
>Think the game is better than any other because of all the idiotic propaganda about no quests, no treadmill and no monthly fee
Then I decided to play XIV and I was shocked by the fact that even ARR which is considered the worst the game has to offer (and in many ways is) is one thousand times more respecting of my time, more generous with rewards and at least is nice to look at. Who even cares about treadmilling, there are so many catch up mechanics that until you reach [current content] you'll never have to care for it and that is such an ungodly amount of content it's just too good a deal.

>get ascended armor and weapon
>youre now the best you can get
what do I even play the game for

>he only finds meaning in pointless progress that gets tossed out in two months

You understand what the Charr are, right?

Looking cool so you can idle in the hub while noobs visibly check you out

This. Also the only the game is shit compared to gw1 which makes all its faults even worse.

HUNT THE BIGOT !
HUNT THE BIGOT !!
Shhhhh, I'm hunting Bigots!

Attached: bigot.jpg (1600x682, 229.74K)

wearing the same shit everyone else wears.
great game.

Attached: 1646489002028.gif (220x165, 828.2K)

yes, the furry race
what do they have to do with dwarves?

all the new classes except mechanist suck ASS
new events are way too short
dont feel like this xpac is worth the moneybut then again, i spent 20 bucks on the katana skin

this game is unfathomably ugly

and this is from the latest expac. lol.

bruh
no
i beg you

it's been many years but I still remember those diseased walking corpse zombie models vividly
can't say i remember much of GW2 even though I played it last year

I mean, yeah, when you play on 700p on the lowest settings. That image is literally the worst case.

>annoying, poorly composed, unlikeable character driven, self insert plagued, gender politics flooded, race mixing globohomo driven, propaganda nightmare narrative

Take a deep breath user

>spammy combat
yes
>shit lore
arguable
>inventory management
yes

People who hate Guild Wars 1, MMOs, and anyone who plays MMOs hijacked ANet to develop a MMO sequel to GW1.

Of all the problems GW2 has, leaving out the redditcore manlet race isn't one of them.

>spammy combat
The fuck? It is literally the least spammy combat out there. Or are you the kind of retard spamming the auto attack key? Enjoy carpal tunnel, moron.
>dreadful inventory management
In what world? Salvage all > deposit all > sell junk. It's the most streamlined inventory in all the major MMOs. Literally don't have to ever go to a city, ever. Bank is accessible at your fingertips, as are verndors.

The sylvari race and lore were very unique and cool.

does GW2 have a 2.5s CGD?

Actually the game is quite beautiful

Attached: W4iY3bg.jpg (1920x1200, 659.89K)

GW2 definitely has the most spammy combat. You just press 1-5 switch weapon and then do it over again. Maybe 2 specs are actually engaging

that looks nice. can you post more?

Attached: 0CC2E527731E1A3AEC5370350B7F4DBFA6235E94.jpg (1920x1080, 505.2K)

Base game was fine. They fucked it up with their expansion and living story like dlc model bullshit.
>oh you bought the expansion? cool!
>what do you mean you're lost on the story? buy the chapters in between goyim
not to mention wokeness everywhere in the story nowadays. This gem is from the latest expansion.

Attached: m3myesqzltk81.png (412x166, 86.69K)