Just draw funny faces for 50 pages

>just draw funny faces for 50 pages
Is this really supposed to teach me how to draw?

Attached: 81pxpia6++L.jpg (1967x2560, 410.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U1cF9QCu1rQ&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You need the DLC

you need natural talent, if you don't have don't even waste your time

If you wanna learn to draw just draw 30 mins aday.
Break down stuff into shapes and add details

Attached: 1648754131643.png (254x260, 80.71K)

>Loomis
I've moved on, user.

Attached: Bridgman.jpg (1749x2560, 1.12M)

you don't need a book to learn how to draw

buy notebooks and print tons of manga panels or photography books
trace for 4 hours a day
muscle memory and pattern recognition alone will make you learn how to draw

yes it's boring, but it's extremely simple and no need to read books

yeah yeah yeah

Attached: asagi 22.png (997x800, 262.15K)

pyw
kys

you're baking the /ic/ stealth threads wrong
you're supposed to greentext
>game gets 1000 hours in
or
>play game for 1000 hours
>still trash

it's supposed to hammer the point that you need to grind to get gud

>trace for 4 hours a day
i know little about drawing but I can definitely say this is wrong

you first

I have no work. I give advice in /diy/, /fit/ and /agdg/ despite not having taken part in any of the board interests. I just parrot stuff until someone disproves it.

i dont hide behind misleading threads and if im wrong may the jannies ban me now

>Not the "vidya fanart" cheat code

no it's supposed to teach you one way of constructing faces

>tfw know how to draw proper
>chooses to draw simple MS paint pictures
MS paint is the way my man.

Attached: mimSmile.png (560x680, 92.98K)

I relied pretty heavily on her portrait for reference.

Attached: Easter Dolce.png (2023x1731, 128.43K)

I'm a left-hemisphere pleb so I'm not even gonna try

Just draw and stop reading meme books. Literally the SICP of art. Also, video games.

nah, "natural talent" almost always means a kid who has been drawing constantly since they were 4-5 so when they turn 16-18 they have 10+ years of grind on them

>reference
you fucking traced it.

what about to program apps and games?

Holy FUCK it's LITERALLY impossible.

Attached: 81gObAlJk8L.jpg (1552x2067, 284.25K)

Based

>if you want to learn how to cook just buy a shitton of TV dinners and try to make them without looking at the instructions

I copied a lot of the linework from her portrait, but it's not traced.

Can I just copy pictures I like to eventually get good?
Grinding fundies is the least fun thing I've ever done or I'm doing it very wrong.

>I traced a lot of it, but it's not traced

>draw anime face, can't copy pictures or anything.
>draw comic eyes and study morpho. can learn it somewhat easy.

fuck my life

Just and you'll get good if you have any talent. Grinding fundies is for coping permabegs. Just look at /ic/.

Yeah it's just like math. You have to keep practicing.

You need to apply the stuff to things you like to draw yourself. I've been drawing for a year now and solely draw my fetish. Got 600-700 followers in DA and Pixiv and getting commissioned to draw my fav subject. It's all about the mindset.

Yes, pic rel is something I did today and yesterday from existing images and photos. Got the heads, limbs and bodies from the ref pics, drew over with my own characters and set of clothes and so on.

Attached: mixggg.png (1900x1704, 2.37M)

You can learn a lot from copying but you still need to know about perspective and how to draw good lines. Lock your wrist and draw with your entire arm.

>Can I just copy pictures I like to eventually get good?
That's what literally most of the aspiring mangakas in japan do. Most of araki's shit was traced from magazines.

>I have no work. I give advice in /diy/, /fit/ and /agdg/ despite not having taken part in any of the board interests. I just parrot stuff until someone disproves it.

Attached: chad2.jpg (822x960, 49.56K)

this book is terrible for beginners desu. its beyond me why its constantly recommended.
i dont think its unreasonable to say that im at an intermediate level, and i got very little from it. most art books are shit, the only useful one to me was alfonso dunns book, but thats only good if you already have some experience.

i say this in every art thread, the best way to learn is to have fun. start with simple/cartoony stuff thats easy to make look half decent, and work your way up from there. it builds up your courage and gives you a taste of what makes art enjoyable. if you enjoy it, you wont need motivation to do it. you'll look up videos, do studies, and read shit without even thinking about it. willpower and grinding can only get you so far.
this guys got the right idea, this guy is coping, and this is unnecessary unless you are absolutely adamant about getting good as quickly as possible, enjoyment be damned

Attached: fedgefszvdg.png (3508x3500, 2.71M)

>he has to practice
lmao I was good at art from the start. It's all about genetics. Talentless people should not create art.

Attached: 1554059459979.gif (250x250, 991.81K)

Why does drawing have to be such a grindfest?
I'm really interested in learning it but the effort you have to put in before you're halfway decent seems excessive.

Attached: thinking-about-drawing-vs-actually-drawing-girl-happy-sad-crying.jpg (735x609, 92.95K)

based

I just go to threads, and draw what people post, I was in a Trails of Cold thread or whatever they are called and started drawing what the posters were posting.

Attached: file.png (1152x2048, 1.92M)

Figure drawing is by far the most advanced subject you can pick. It's not for beginners. One mistake and the entire drawing looks weird and uncanny.
Try landscapes and still lifes first.

Attached: 1568351993233.jpg (720x960, 187.45K)

Did you feel the form while drawing?

Pretty soon AI will be able to do the drawing for you.

>Why does drawing have to be such a grindfest?
Because it’s all about practice and repetition. Once your hands know what to do without you thinking about it too much, you can draw whatever you want.

Also helps to view everything as basic shapes first then add details later

unironically just draw lmao

Attached: 1632608556869.png (600x455, 440.4K)

Yes it does you have to work at a skill to improve it there is no magic shortcut you just gotta live it

Attached: 7942179C-DA66-41FF-A013-1884E64CF813.png (514x568, 360.85K)

No, it's a guide to help you along your way. If you're going the self-taught route, the responsibility of learning and applying your craft is yours.

if only

Nah you should throw in figure drawing if you have the desire to do it just because it's fun.

no one is good at anything naturally

AI just mashes things together that already exists. I wish people would just fuck off with that shit. Talk about derivative.

Just draw. As long as you're not satisfied you can still improve, the moment you're looking through old drawings and feeling accomplished you've given up and will never improve again.

t. Hitler

I wasn't talking about tracing but rather just look at it and then try to draw the same stuff, which is probably fucking retarded.

>Just draw
And try to get better

nothing wrong with that, Thats helping you put an image from your eyes to your brain and into the paper.

>he doesn't know about dall-e 2
youtube.com/watch?v=U1cF9QCu1rQ&t

Attached: fgh.jpg (720x960, 91.86K)

You should learn how to draw in general (like as in as a general artist), not funny faces or cartoons.

Also, draw/study from life. Then, you can distort or erase certain elements to your discretion. Don't copy art styles.

OP is naturally skilled at sucking dick.

>anime/cartoon with little to no regard for anatomy
Yes
>realistic figure drawing
lol enjoy spending two hours drawing a floating head