I have never played Dark Souls, Yea Forums

I have never played Dark Souls, Yea Forums.
Should I play the original version or the "remastered" one?

Attached: 1634518478668.jpg (1280x720, 127.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/n2eos3V7jTI
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/19
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1343
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1241
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/21
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/40
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/56
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/446
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/132
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/197
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/389
youtube.com/watch?v=ktdCnljtgmI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Original has more soul. Remastered is easier to find used if on console and if on PC keys for the original are like $200+ while remastered is $40. If pirating get original.

>remastered
You didn't play it.

online is down anyway for the time being so just pirate the original version. use dsfix to remove the game's builtin 30fps cap and then apply dsfix's own 30fps cap; sounds stupid but signiciantly improves performance without subecting you to the possible physics bugs and shortened dodges of 60fps.

Attached: 1623708736401.jpg (749x623, 74.03K)

this is the way. pirated prepare to die edition with dsfix.

if you have a ps3 pretty sure u can find the original for like 5 bucks
>got one for 500 yen in japan and there was no cum stain

mfw i beat ds2 with halved iframes and doubled durability loss and learning about that only a year after the fact nsndj

Attached: 1638581384661.png (1024x914, 1.39M)

Remastered. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. It’s just a better version with minimal changes.

I'm playing the original.
I've installed dsfix mod, works really well.

Attached: crest spreading dark souls.jpg (720x480, 81.27K)

REMINDER: youtu.be/n2eos3V7jTI

DaS:PTDE + DSfix + mods = The best version of Dark Souls 1. The DEMASTER butchers the entire aesthetic and atmosphere of the game because of the new dogshit lighting engine. Anyone who disagrees is either hard coping because they can't get a cbeap legit copy of PTDE anymore on PC or just noobs and zoomers who never played PTDE and don't know what they are missing. The DEMASTER is not made by FromSoftware, it is not a FromSoftware game and never will be, if you prefer the DEMASTER, you are not a TRUE FAN of Souls games and FromSoftware.

Essential Mods:

Durante: DSfix
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/19
SeanPesce: Bonfire Input Fix (FPSFix Plus)
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1343
Methanhydrat: Dark Souls Mouse Fix
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1241
backfoggen: High-Res UI and Subtitle fonts
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/21
AJane: Highly Visible Health Bars
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/40

Optional Mods:

vurt: Dark Souls Flora Overhaul
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/56
DragonCrestPC - Toology86: Dark Souls HD Texture Pack Performance Edition
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/446
backfoggen: Anor Londo Better Distance Textures
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/132
shout4silence: Improved Normal Arrows
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/197
Augh: HD Player Messages
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/389

Attached: 1644406171352.png (3828x986, 3.51M)

>minimal changes

Attached: 1640894095568.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

>minimal changes.

Attached: 1650838533344.jpg (1995x1122, 297.39K)

FPS doesn't affect iframes in DS2.

If you have a strong cpu you can emulate the ps3 version.

why they jew so much on a proper discount for the remastered one, i cant forgive myself for dodging OG and bricking my steam account forever

Attached: 1644446744009.jpg (325x262, 45.62K)

I can understand putting high-res fonts in the "essential" category even if personally I think they should be "optional", but high-vis health bars? C'mon bro; that's garish and not even close to being "essential".
also those "hd" texture mods are not the same textures but now in high definition: they're different textures that change the artstyle, just like how the remaster changes the artstyle (which rightfully inclines people to shit on the remaster).
don't confuse new players by bringing that shit here.

>without subecting you to the possible physics bugs and shortened dodges of 60fps.
Is there a mod that fixes those bugs so PTDE works properly at 60? I understand the remaster has fucked lighting but I started with Sekiro and I'd really like to avoid 30fps if possible.

>MUH SOUL MUH CHANGES MUH SOULLESS
truly fromdrones are the most retarded fucking fanboys ever

Attached: 1646704240880.jpg (995x1002, 112.47K)

>minimal changes

>but high-vis health bars? C'mon bro; that's garish and not even close to being "essential".
You are right, but I really like it, so to me it is essential. Those who think like you can opt out of it.
>they're different textures that change the artstyle
True, I don't use them, but some people like the added detail.
>just like how the remaster changes the artstyle (which rightfully inclines people to shit on the remaster).
That would be Demon's Soulless Demake, not Dark Souls: Demastered. People don't like Dark Souls: Demastered because they fucked the lighting engine and the game looks like dogshit because of it. It isn't caused by them changing textures or particle effects. If the Demastered didn't touch the lighting engine and didn't add that retarded Vamos Bonfire, I would have considered it the definitive edition.

Shut the fuck up you zoomer cunt

Dark Souls is VERY slow compared to Sekiro. I understand your reluctance; I can't fucking stand Bloodborne's 30fps cap, but Bloodborne is comparable to Sekiro's speed while Dark Souls is very slow and deliberate. If you're still not convinced then go with the Remaster, since functional 60fps is THE reason to play it over the Original imo; lighting will be weird (which can be mitigated somehwhat by lowering the brightness), but for all my autistic complaints it's still the same game and its positive aspects do shine through (it's just painful for fans of the Original to see all the little ways in which the Remaster changes visuald for the worse).

Those are very minor changes, yes.

Forgot to mention + if they didn't change the armor textures (you can mod the classic armor textures back in) and if they didn't add that retarded excessive mist effect in firelink. Actually, they shouldn't have changed anything, just add 60fps, 4K rendering support and use AI to improve detail on some textures without redesigning them, but they are low IQ subhuman polish faggots, so they lack the wisdom to comprehend such simple, proper and respectful approach.

Literally every fanbase whines about this sorta shit when it comes to remakes, you dumbass

Play the Switch version. It keeps the visual look of the original while running at a perfect solid 30fps.

Remastered, don't let the boomers convince you otherwise.

Those bugs are irrelevant, you can play DSFix 60fps without issues 99.99% of the game.

they're both good. I played original first then i torrented the remaster and they're both fun. Great game, i went in completely blind in 2020

>the remaster butchers the entire aesthetic and atmosphere
>install these texture mods which look nothing like the original instead
never change Yea Forums

The original PtDE had abysmal mkb controls

>Those are very minor changes, yes.

Attached: 1651312419131.jpg (1284x2170, 1.37M)

understood.
imo changing the lighting changes the artstyle, even if its not the complete artstyle overhaul DeS on PS5 got.
Dark Souls Remastered did change particle effects, and I prefer the old ones visually, but the new ones aren't so bad and it's nice they don't tank the fps.

Learn to read:
>Optional Mods:
Also, Demastered is hated because of the ruined lighting engine, not because textures were changed. Typical clueless zoomer niggeroid.

60fps shortens your fucking dodgerolls. dodgerolls are very, VERY important in Dark Souls. Just because you're used to it doesn't mean it's correct.

I would be embarrassed to even have this in my system
How you faggots download it just to post it on an anonymous money laundering forum is beyond me

Play remastered with modded graphics

No, it doesn't. It shortens your jumps a tiny bit, which only is noticeable in the Undead Burg starting area jump for the ranged weapon (crossbow?).

Just play Elden Ring, its the same game but better.

This is literally what minimal means

>I would be embarrassed to even have this in my system
>How you faggots download it just to post it on an anonymous money laundering forum is beyond me

Attached: 1645119031236.jpg (373x747, 46.87K)

>not because textures were changed
Not him but you are wrong, they also fucked up the textures for example OP's pic

>This is literally what minimal means

Attached: 1645112287774.jpg (634x783, 100.08K)

How does he have a kitchen with brand new modern appliances and fixtures if he's never made a living wage?

I didn't really notice much difference.

>Lightning is a little worse on some things in the Remaster, but a little better in others.
>It has one extra fire location if I recall right.
>PvP you may still find where it doesn't really exist in PtD edition now (maybe it does I play hollow for almost the entire game so I could be wrong)
>Textures are much improved over even the HD mod for the original.

Some like the grain on the old textures but as someone who loves the look of PS1 games for being rough, I don't care for it in gen 7 because you cant kind of tell it wasn't the intention of most games at that point but a result of disappointingly underpowered hardware at the time. Dark Souls does however do a better job of working with that than most games. Lighting is hit or miss like this too. To an extent the original gets some atmosphere from being a little darker and having higher glare on some models, but some spots are also somewhat too dark and reflections are nice in the Remaster.

Its not much difference but if you want it to look less gen7 do Remaster if not then play the original (never got invaded the entire time I played it in 2020 so pirate if you don't want to hunt down a game key)

Well, this thread's gone to shit. At this point, you have as much info as you need, OP. Good luck and have fun.

Attached: 1629821563602.gif (220x166, 208.76K)

You are correct, I should have worded it differently. The lighting change is signicantly worse and the primary reason why the Demastered is garbage. The texture changes are a minor negative, to me, and you can remedy it by modding the OG textures into the Demastered, but you can't do anything about the ruined lighting engine.

Don't listen to autismos, play remaster, just being able to play in 1080p 60fps without bugs and glitches is worth it. The differences in lighting are very subtle most of the time and new, crisper rendering makes it easier to see all the neat model details.

>implying
All i needed were the first 3 posts, now i'm just shitposting along and fueling both sides.

Attached: 1626547107548.jpg (498x500, 24.27K)

>atmosphere completely gone
>minimal
You. Didn't. Play. It.

Attached: it's shit.jpg (1920x2280, 1.19M)

>>PvP you may still find
user, I...

Attached: 6ec5a97acab49d37b302a901253499c9fa04c15e.jpg (1920x1080, 484.2K)

The remaster. No question. It improves all the issues with the original.

Console versions are unplayable, PTDE is shit, PC Remaster looks marginally worse but doesn't get random framedrops and behaves correctly at 60fps, being the default winner. Avoid the console version though, you can't disable the motion blur on those and THAT is worth all the sperging these youtube watching niggers who never played DaS do. Also, the Bandai Niggers took down the servers indefinitely to shill ER, so pirate it twice.

Yea it says it will resume once fixed?

Dark Souls is a long ass game on your first play throughs, shit may be fixed before OP gets half way through it. Or are people thinking they won't put it back online after?

It's not coming back, it's been 2 months.

Prepare to Die Edition with DSfix and DXVK.

>without bugs and glitches
ankles go CRACK

Attached: 1642519152991.gif (640x640, 3.96M)

user companies can lie. Souls PC servers are dead.

>What are parents?

People are being doomers and say it'll never come back. Considering From are still actively working on balancing and patching stuff with Elden Ring, I'm guessing we'll have to wait a bit but I doubt that the doomers will end up being right in the end.

>The remaster. No question. It improves all the issues with the original.

Attached: 1642588953806.png (916x886, 39.15K)

Which one is supposed to be original

>hd texture mods
Literally fucking kill yourself

That's a small apartment. You can tell because the front door is right next to the kitchen.

It doesnt look like that without mods.

its an apartment, likely a newer unit that came with updated appliances

So that means he makes far more than a living wage because the average person doesn't have appliances that are anywhere near that nice.

Bottom is original, text is more pixelated. Had to zoom in to check, both look fucking ugly

to it's credit, the switch version is just the original with "remastered" slapped on the box. It's also a good choice if you want to play the game while taking a dark souls 2

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-01 at 12-56-33 dark souls 1 switch not remastered - Google Search.png (678x255, 78.77K)

>to it's credit, the switch version is just the original
The audio is also Dark Souls 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=ktdCnljtgmI

That's a very good catch! I hadn't even noticed truth be told, not that that speaks to the game's credit any more-so than my idiocy.

Attached: 1323038893051.png (376x348, 108.18K)

they'll use this as an excuse to make more remasters

Original if you have no intention of touching multiplayer, remastered otherwise.

it depends where he lives. also nice appliances in an apartment can be lucked out on even for shit prices. if an appliance breaks, they are obligated to replace it and sometimes they dont have an choice depending whats in stock so they have to spend more but they can't change the price of the apartment unit
basically, you can luck out on that stuff