youtube.com/watch?v=fNTqn9npj_c
youtube.com/watch?v=vpmXQaFcgHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FayGLo7SvwM
youtube.com/watch?v=PMknuu1sSm8
youtube.com/watch?v=vZsVoiSe6Ks
youtube.com/watch?v=M00J06Xxdh4
youtube.com/shorts/Y2MGYDAZTdg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I really like their artstyle, gonna give it a try.

Went from full release to being in early access. Some bullshit.

Not excited at all. Not only the art style is not appealing to me but the faction/unit design is also not my cup of tea. Specially the swamp faction compared to H3 is very disappointing to me.

literally all games are shit compared to h3

Hopefully it's more engaging than Hero's Hour. Wanted to like that, but the battles were boring.

It looks interesting but idk. I was also interested in Heroes Hour but it just looks way too retro. I know they're trying to capitalize on retro nostalgia but games like heroes 2 and 3 are very pretty, idk of these games can match up.

>early access
>only 4 factions, and one wasting a slot with totally-not-fortress
Will pirate first to check it out.

Heroes 2 only started out with 4 factions. I think its good that they're starting out humble.

>nigger with she-fro trope
no thanks, i don't play racist games

I'm cautiously optimistic. It's obvious that the dev(s) put in a lot of effort and love into it, but I'm afraid - though this is solely based on the number of views on their Youtube channel - that there aren't a lot of casual or even the OG HoMM players that will be interested in purchasing the game and keeping it alive after release. I can only wish the devs all the best and hope they'll keep releasing new content or at least will have sold enough copies to keep their studio afloat.
The soundtrack is banging tho:
>youtube.com/watch?v=fNTqn9npj_c
>youtube.com/watch?v=vpmXQaFcgHQ

Take your meds user.

Attached: Songs-of-Conquest.jpg (1200x673, 956.61K)

Yes, I am excited to pirate this.

I miss lords of magic. I'm probably the only person to play that game

>Looks good, seems to contain the features the old games had, lack of retardation anywhere.
Ill give it a shot.

are there town screens or what?

>are there town screens or what?
No, but that's because you actually see the buildings you've built on the adventure map.

Attached: SongsOfConquest1ArleonTown.png (1920x1080, 2.82M)

oh wow that angle actually does look kinda nice. Might give it a go...
Ill look into it. Perhaps I'll join you.

>black paladin

looks nice. thanks for shilling, potential buyer here

Attached: 1558969338995.jpg (604x376, 31.4K)

>Is that a.... a NIGGER IN MY VIDYA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It was my first pc game

>black paladin
Yes, and...?

>that angle actually does look kinda nice
In case you have a few minutes to spare, check out some of the dev's short videos that focus on the art style and the map editor:
>youtube.com/watch?v=FayGLo7SvwM
>youtube.com/watch?v=PMknuu1sSm8
>youtube.com/watch?v=vZsVoiSe6Ks
>youtube.com/watch?v=M00J06Xxdh4
I'm generally not a fan of retropixel artstyle just for the sake of it, but I think they've made it work.

Attached: Hero_Edric.png (58x64, 4.39K)

thanks for shilling, gonna buy

Kinda interested but I don't buy EA games. I'll wait till its fully out and see the reviews then. I will say the art style looks pretty nice.

Attached: 1641057895818.gif (500x500, 130.13K)

>No, but that's because you actually see the buildings you've built on the adventure map.
lame, town screens are essential for the genre

>No
fucking dropped

looks great

if you try to copy homm too much in the end of the day people will just play homm instead

>pixelshit
No thanks. Sick of le nostalgia pixels covering up for no budget and no fucking art direction.

>spiritual successor has more primitive graphics than the 23 year old game it's copying
Hate how "muh indie studio" is widely accepted an excuse for this. Humanity really is regressing

>town screens are essential for the genre
AFAIK, town screens are only a staple of HoMM games (though I know Disciples had them too), and even Ubishit tried removing them in H6 (but have reintroduced them after fan backlash).
One thing that seems interesting about SoC's towns is that you have a limited number and types (small, medium and large) of build sites, so you can't just build everything in a single city. Also, you'll be able to construct buildings outside of your towns if you are the owner of the settlement adventure map structure:
>youtube.com/shorts/Y2MGYDAZTdg

>no fucking art direction
You don't have to be a contrarian for the sake of it, user.

Attached: d800d77b6a997e6f50e488f5e8e8cbf80b5b553ad1ad6fdb0552c5bd774c87bf.jpg (1920x1080, 1.19M)

If you want to make a game like homm you have 2 options. Either offer better graphics or far more content. This game doesn't seem to do either.
So people will stick with homm anyways because we all know the story:
Game starts "humble"-> not enough people play it because they have better alternatives -> devs don't get enough money so they don't release interesting updates -> curious players leave and deter new players from trying it -> hardcore fans end up feeling cheated because game is abandoned because bad feedback and low sales are discouraging.

But if making a pixelated homm was the devs' dream then numbers won't matter I guess.

'tistic retard

Not by a long shot.

When I was a kid I always thought Edric was just very dirty.

Fuck Heroes 2 desu. And what was passable back then isn't so now.

Heroes 2 started out with 6 factions. You could play as them all in the demo, even.

>a slot with totally-not-fortress
based since Fortress was one of the most kino factions

Attached: Brain HOMM.png (857x1202, 1.37M)

>So people will stick with homm anyways because we all know the story
Yeah, I'm afraid this will be the most likely outcome.

>When I was a kid I always thought Edric was just very dirty.
lel
I thought Kyrre was a dude for the first twenty or so years of my life before actually noticing the word "her" in her bio.

Attached: 86028bf25b95b7eeb27d057b659cd7a7.jpg (720x1042, 57.21K)

So it's basically HOMM3 with less content? Why should I waste my time on it then?

because you already played homm

Any desciples bros?

Attached: file.png (220x315, 150.83K)

Elves were OP and I loved them

we have a couple of HoMM clones, an AoW sequel, but no proper Disciples sequels? Fuck this gay Earth

Attached: MarbleGargoyle.jpg (685x685, 101.56K)

I played all campaigns except elves yet

At least I hope this not like the other pixelshit homm3 clone where unit consist of 7 pixels

Duelyst?

My bad, I was thinking of heroes 1.
HERESY. YOU TAKE THAT BACK OR BURN IN THE FIRES EVER LASTING.
Heroes 2 had worse gameplay mechanics but better maps imo. I actually have alot of heroes 3 maps that are just converted heroes 2 maps.

Hero's hour

Hero's Hour. It could have potentially been good, but the look of the game really kills it for me. The characters, the background and town art are all in diffeerent pixel resolutions and it's really ugly when put together

Ah. Looking at it it looks pretty ass. No wonder I never heard of it.

Attached: Malkuth reading.jpg (500x500, 184.52K)

Thoughts?

Attached: ss_9f9a4952fe2b4d7a5b835565676fd66dbc367c9c.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 885.84K)

Fucking ugly.

I hate afros but I will still try the game out

WE

I'm here, and I'm still sad.

I wish they were a bit more distinct from the Empire but I loved them anyways. Still kinda miffed they didn't incorporate all of the Neutral Elves (the chad Forest Elf with the spear and the Centaur Archer) into the faction but I guess they simply didn't know where to put them in the unit tree.

Black Landsknecht a C U T E!

Attached: Warhammer Landsknecht.jpg (1920x2924, 1012.55K)

finna halberd whitey

Cute doppelsoldner.

>Early access release
Let me know when it is a full release, and if it's any good.

Attached: 1644933773830.gif (250x189, 991.04K)

>HoM&M3 but soulless
pass

>found out it's made by Dutch people
Yeah nevermind, I won't be playing this

What is the meme over the dutch anyway?

>found out it's made by Dutch people
Nobody is perfect user.

I will certainly give it a shot, but I'll be honest - I don't think you can really improve on HoMM 3 much.
Btw also tried the Hero's Hour recently, but I have found the real time battles to be quite boring, a shame, really.

Nothing, Dutch accents are just really jarring in any other language. The worst part is Dutch people pride themselves in their supposed proficiency in speaking English.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Unit/monster design in Heroes/M&M is fucking garbagel.

nah

Attached: nah.png (468x466, 173.67K)

Of course. I always love progression mechanics in vidya, and developing your army from some scrubs into god-like beings through battle was extremely satisfying. I wish more games did that.

HoMM 3 lets you do that too if you play WoG

Attached: homm3 spells.png (272x223, 143.51K)