ELDEN RING LORE THREAD

The true reason why spells/incantations require INT and FTH is simple. INT spells mean you need some understanding of the force you're trying to manipulate and thus uses Intelligence, Faith means you're essentially just asking something else to lend its power. Things like Law of Regression and Law of Casuality require Intelligence instead of Faith because you're not asking the GW to do a miracle for you, you're using your own knowledge and understanding of regression and casuality to cast the incantation. Spells that require both INT and FTH need some fundamental understanding of what you're doing as well as faith paid to some other entity, concept, or god.

I don't know where Arcane fits into this, mainly because I don't even know what Arcane really is.

Attached: elden sorceries.jpg (1458x1077, 1.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zMu7FvNP2Z4
youtu.be/AIP0eUZf-8s
twitter.com/Gamer0044435161/status/1520695311630757889
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who cares? shit game

Dude stars lmao

Just posting to laugh at that one turbo-autist who keeps insisting the GO/Elden Ring is just a set of laws with no divine/nature altering properties.

Why does Rot Worship look like one of those retarded womb tattoos?

Was Miquella an evil puppetmaster mastermind ala Griffith who enslaved Malenia and Mogh while manipulating everyone else too?

It's a sign that you need to breed rot women. Breed Millicent, her sisters, and Malenia. Breed female pests.

Is this the tip of the Elden Ring iceberg?
DLC with time travel pre-shattering?
youtu.be/zMu7FvNP2Z4

Attached: Elden Ring Godfrey.jpg (3228x3992, 1.13M)

Just a reminder that Marika shattered the ring for her own reasons that had nothing to do with being sad about Godwyn, you would know this if you actually bothered to read Melina's dialogue and didn't ignore what she did with the tarnished.
>B-BUT THE TRAILER
The trailer that asks who did it and why?
>B-BUT BANDAI NAMCO
It says that she was devastated, but it doesn't say that was the reason why she did it. Stop injecting so much copium by trying to use promotional material that would spoil something like this before the game is even out, accept reality.
>In Marika's own words. O Radagon, leal hound of the Golden Order. Thou'rt yet to become me, thou'rt yet to become a god. Let us both be shattered, mine other half

We literally get an item that shows that the golden order altered the fates of living beings as soon as at Church of Elleh

> Telescope
> During the age of the Erdtree, Carian astrology withered on the vine. The fate once writ in the night skies had been fettered by the Golden Order.

>ラニ様の指様は生きてたのに、ミケラとマレニアの指様は共通で、しかも朽ちてるって、展開としては微妙だよな。そもそも円卓の指様も、死ぬわけでもなくただただ止まるっていうのも、盛り上がりに欠ける。何か仕掛けでもないと、黄金樹を焼く動機がいまひとつ弱い…
DeepL:
>It's a subtle development that Ranni-sama's finger was alive, but Miquella and Malenia's fingers are the same, and they're rotting away. The fact that the Round Table's Fingers are not dead and just stop is also not very exciting. Unless there's some trick to it, the motive for burning the golden tree is a bit weak...
This guy is right.

Marika shattered the ring because she was sad over Godwyn.
This has been repeated many times over in the story.

First gen albinaurics have the big lady up north that will carry 'em through these turbulent times but the second gen albies still haven't found a way to thrive.
Is there no hope for these guys?

Attached: 1651365837453.png (344x135, 10.75K)

Yes, in Mogh's dream.

Off the top of my head, arcane has ties to:
>albinaurics and their weapons
>silver tears (at least the Silver Tear Mask, anyway)
>Mask of Confidence
>Witch's Glintstone Crown
>the land of Eochaid
>dragon communion
>clayman oracle bubbles
>Lord of Blood incantations
>status effect buildup
>blood weapons
>occult infusion
>item discovery
>the bandit starting class
How that all ties together, I can't quite place that yet myself. A lot of it is comparatively subtle compared to most faith based and intelligence based things, with some exceptions. A couple things are overtly tied to being in a position that requires acting in secret or knowing secrets.

Still funny how Rykard skinned the head of one of these guys and turned it into a mask lol
>fingercreepers
>torture mask
>iron virgins
>man serpents
>great serpent thing
Rykard does the funniest shit lmao.

They got Mohg

Forgot pic. For me, the most disappointing thing in this fandom is that there is no art of Godwyn interaction with his bros like Fortisaax and Miquella yet.

Attached: FQ9zRVhUcAACoNA.jpg (900x687, 62.37K)

...what guy? who are you talking about?

similarities to a vagina.
its usually almost a heart.

I don't actually see it but maybe.

Attached: tCf9wDNPebwxvRRiutwwG97RdDsSzldMwEShy6eJEjA.jpg (2480x3307, 1.03M)

Not really. He put himself in the haligtree to make it function. That pretty much requires to sacrifice your own life. Mohg was just a turboautist. Miquella won nothing out of being removed from the tree.

Do you have more like this?

What two (2) tattoos would you put on your elden waifu?

All sorceries and incantations are derived from outer gods, continued.

Carian sorcery and gravitational sorcery are both subsets of glintstone sorcery. Aberrant class of sorcery also a subset. Staff of the guilty mentions "the blood star". Red glintstone is created through blood sacrifice. Sorcery as a whole is based on stargazing.

Seemingly there could be multiple outer gods which are referred to as stars.

Cut content is not canon yet but I love the idea that Mogh was just an awkward and creepy turbo stalker.

Would this have improved the lore?

Attached: 1646894249370.jpg (600x848, 194.96K)

And all they got from him was a 2P skin and some horns.

Attached: 1651281401878.jpg (720x572, 48.2K)

That's an assumption of characters in the game, contrary to Marika's own words.

Second gen have adapted to live in amphibious environments, they're thriving in the ruins of Liurnia and don't need a promised land.

Where

Marika told Godfrey about the shattering beforehand, right?

Arcane is likely attunement to an entity or its favor of you.

What about Zamor Ice Storm ?

I was gonna bring up magma sorceries but
>Curved sword fashioned in the image of an ancient serpent deity and tool of a forgotten religion practiced on Mt. Gelmir.
>After discovering the ancient hexes of Gelmir, Rykard, son of Queen Rennala, brought them back into practical use as new forms of sorcery.
There was a serpent god on Mt. Gelmir? Was it the God-Devouring Serpent?

She shattered the ring to test her faith which was something she was mulling over for a long time, but the Destined Death of beloved Godwyn is what confirmed the idea.

Well the GDS did have that constant pool of magma following it around..

Do people actually jerk off to rope

Yes, in the cut dialogue Godfrey knows that with the tarnished getting their grace back, his shizo wife's plan is being set in motion.

just one
glow and sensitivity cause im a sucker for making them feel good, and glow because its just an effect. no one has two womb tattoos.

Attached: vCVepi8.jpg (2480x3307, 2.42M)

Improbable. It's most likely that earlier in development you were supposed to start in the Badlands where Tarnished were exiled to, but From couldn't figure out how to make that happen or didn't like how it felt gameplay wise, so instead you start in church on a random elevated island for an unidentifiable reason. Listen to this cut dialog as well:
youtu.be/AIP0eUZf-8s

Nice. Thanks.

Almost certainly. It may have just escaped the many god genocides that led to the GO but since its religion was forgotten and given its size when it eats Rykard (seen in the intro) I think it was thought to be killed but just regenerated, then Rykard found it.

What?

Radagon es Marika jajaja

What if Rykard was just massive before getting ate and tge snake only grew a little after they merged.

What cut content? I haven't interacted with any of it. I think. What is it you think im referring to?

If by massive you mean as big as Rennala then sure

if you ignore the collapsed terrain, it looks like it leads to stormveil. we were going there anyway, but something went horribly wrong and we awaken from death (ye dead, who yet live) to find our maiden dead yes the dead body at the start holding the message finger is OUR maiden.

I was commenting on how you said Mogh was a turboautist.

On the topic of Merchants: They're often associated with jews, in part because Shabriri, who like them is associated with the Frenzied Flame, is named after a jewish demon.
But, the only named merchant in the game is Kalé, which is not a jewish name.
However:
>Kale, the Romani for "black", used as a self-designation by some groups of the Romani people:
>Finnish Kale, the Romani people from Finland
>Kale (Welsh Romanies), the Romani people from Wales
It's even spelled Kalé in swedish. In other words, the nomadic merchants are gypsies, not jews.

Attached: Elden-Ring-Caelid-Merchant-Featured.jpg (1920x1080, 185.98K)

Some stuff related to the serpent:

Man-Serpent Ashes
Ashen remains in which spirits yet dwell.
Use to summon the spirit of a man-serpent.
Spirit of a deformed man-serpent that wields a whip of magma.
It is said that long ago, the elder serpent that dwelled on Mt. Gelmir devoured a demigod, and the birth of the man-serpents followed.

Gelmir's Fury
One of the sorceries developed from the magma of Mt. Gelmir.
Conjures a surge of magma from the earth, covering the area.
Charging extends the surge of magma.
This sorcery is held to represent the fury of the volcano, but the arrogance of attempting to harness it is solely that of men and serpents

Serpent-Hunter
Weapon that serves as both greatsword and spear. Thought to have been used to hunt an immortal great serpent in the distant past, it manifests a long blade of light when facing such a creature. When their master's heroic aspirations degenerated into mere greed, his men searched for a weapon with which they might halt their lord.

There's also the items related to the Gladiator/Duellists you encounter that once performed ritual combat in the arenas, which demonstrates that an antipathy towards serpents/serpentine imagery existed long before Rykard's blasphemous transformation:

Duelist Helm
Bronze helm decorated with innumerable snakes.
Worn by gladiators who were driven from the colosseum. The wearer becomes a slightly easier target for foes.
The snake is viewed as a traitor to the Erdtree, and the audience delighted in seeing these bronze effigies beaten and battered.

Coil Shield
Armament designed for gladiatorial combat. Rises above its peers as a particularly showy specimen.
The sculpted bronze snake is a poisonous breed, boosting the wielder's resistance to poison.

Well to be fair, I was referring to the description on how he tried to present Miquella to his bloody bedchambers yet the dude was a fucking egg. He must have some degree of autism.

Nah like his head never actually changed size.

twitter.com/Gamer0044435161/status/1520695311630757889
Interesting...
I like the idea that the Wormfaces exhibit remnant of Godwyn'sfeeling.

Well we all know why they got associated that way on Yea Forums, due to a certain segment of lunatics here

That's how you end up with those plague babies from Demon's Souls.

In the same vein as the fell fire god that the giants worship. Zamor worship an outer god of cold, but I think this is likely one in the same as Ranni's dark moon. All sorceries are seemingly derived by space/celestial/star entities.

Frozen armament is interesting since the witch teaches Ranni to fear the dark moon. I think this is probably the most explicit indication it's an outer god.
Sorcery said to have been used by the old snow witch.
Enchants armament held in the right hand with frost.
This sorcery can be cast while in motion.
The snowy crone taught the young Ranni to fear the dark moon as she imparted her cold sorcery.

Many cold school sorceries mention Ranni's teacher the snow witch. Adula's Moonblade explicitly mentions the dark moon.

Adula's Moon Blade:
Sorcery of Adula, the Glintstone Dragon.
Conjures a cold magic greatsword, then delivers a sweeping blow
that launches a blade-like projectile of frost.
This sorcery can be cast repeatedly.
Adula, a devourer of sorcerers, was bested by Ranni and
subsequently swore a knightly oath to her Dark Moon.

The GW led a campaign through proxy of the first Elden Lord to stamp out other outer god's influence when it took power. We find the Zamor banished to evergaol's and their city in ruins, likely destroyed in the first Elden lord's march on the fire giants.

Flame of the Fell God:
This legendary incantation is one of several that draws directly
from the power of the Fire Giants.
Releases a ball of raging fire said to be inhabited by a fell god. The
fireball floats toward enemies and explodes, setting the area
ablaze.
Arghanthy, the chief guardian of the Flame, had kept this incantation a well-kept secret until it was stolen by Adan. The fell god still lurks within the Fire Giants.

I hate these things so much.

Extremely more in the cut content, I won't post it here to trigger lore thread elitists but it's pretty fun to read. Search for Mogh's ID in the script, 20990.

That was theorized a long while ago.
Them being blight monsters associated them with Godwyn along with the Basilisks.

>pssst
You're missing one.
Albinauric Pot has it's own sigil.
Sign of the Two Crows.

Attached: 9dbabe8ef873f77566eade9d8c3456ef.png (469x429, 369K)

It's more likely that Godfrey's cut speech represents an early idea for the intro cutscene, speaking directly to the player.
I strongly doubt we were ever going to see the badlands in-game.

There is basically nothing in
That isn't elaborated on somehow with the materials we can collect in game.

Attached: Old Map and location names.jpg (987x888, 257.22K)

Faggot

Nah Miquella was just like a chill dude everyone liked that’s why they all sit outside playing the trumpet for him

6 gorrillion people killed over 80 years ago aside
I already found the letter that links frenzy flame to the isolated merchant, same marker. they ain't benevolent thats for sure.

and I already knew that from the lakes merchant selling astrologer gear...they're just the shady merchant from souls but there are more of them.

That's Academy of Raya Lucaria who created the Albinaurics

What is the Golden Order's tax policy?

"..."

isnt that the glintstone/academy symbol? top left of the OP image
wait wtf i thought albinauric creation was only known to carians and nox. academy knows it too?

the not lloyds pot has its own sigil? neat. looks like glintstone but white.
its also missing baldachins blessing which looks like a royal bed thing. google baldachin it will all make sense immediately.

Seems surprisingly similar to the final except the Haligtree location. Do we know what era of development this map was from?

I know Godwyn is their progenitor but this post focused more on their "human behavior", which is interesting because we barely have any game info on her personality besides the dragons.

Carian, glintstone, and albinauric have largely the same symbol in different colors and maybe slight variance.

They're two Cuckoos, the Cuckoo knights hunt Albinaurics to make them.

I don’t get it; the lore in this game is really obvious and spelled out for you. What questions do you guys possibly still have ?

>what was the currency of the lands between before the erdtree?

there is no answer because like bloodborne its a dream. but, I can't prove it just yet.

Carian and Academy were united until they overthrew Renella after she got mind broken by the God cock

Attached: Academy of Raya Lucaria.png (535x714, 262.1K)

What is Rennala's egg?

They were created by the ancient Eternal city people, confirmed by Thop in the cut dialogue.

Attached: MENU_Knowledge_18150.png (1024x1024, 887.55K)

A gift from Radagon when he broke up with her for her to huggle

Amber

amber
a tree product.

Yes but why is Rennala obsessed with it so much?
What is its true nature and purpose?

Miquella is easily the most powerful demigod and I hope we get a DLC around him.

So powerfully he could fashion tools to strangle the influence of outer gods into submission.

Exerted a lesser form of mind control automatically to anyone in his presence.

Grew a rival organism to the erdtree by sheer will.

Has a status dedicated to him, sleep, regarded as a saint, St. Trina.

>Cut dialogue
Inadmissible

Radahn is the most powerful one as stated in-game

Lore in this game is retarded because when you talk about basic things, like there is no discernible way in which their civilization worked or works. Things like why Haight is worried about ruling a castle when there seems to be no sentient people to rule over. They will hand wave it away and tell you that it's just things that aren't depicted in game, but that shit doesn't fly in an open world.

>The Knights of the Cuckoos do declare. Behold, thy defiled blood. Unlike any humor that flows in our grand realm.
ah alright, so the secrets of albinaurics are still known only to carians and nox

If you could consider Intelligence as the knowledge to successfully cast spells and Faith as belief in deities and legends being strong enough to bring part of them to life and momentarily use them, then Arcane is more directly reaching out and physically manipulating some aspect of a godlike force, i.e. the dragon incantations are you stealing and taking on the physical aspects of dragons by eating their hearts and taking their power, as opposed to calling on the power of one from long ago, or the blood incantations involve you reaching out and actively taking the power of the formless mother from the void and using it to attack people. I consider it the same way arcane worked in Bloodborne, where it's basically a stat that determines how good you are at activating the power of a magical object you just found on a corpse somewhere

Attached: 1651015708499.jpg (500x766, 233.25K)

user, they are all connected.

Miquella isn't powerful in the physical sense but he is the most resourceful and knowledgable it seems, yes.

Red/gold standard with a stylized hawk emblem:
>Is everywhere on the carpets in stormveil, tower bridge and the residental areas being examples, which is held by banished knights and exiled soldiers
>Is on O'neil and Niall's commander standard who summon ghostly banished knights and exiled soldiers, Niall oversees a castle with them too.
>Same stylized hawk emblem is on the banished knight shields in the top right corner
>On the red/gold cloth the few banished knights in the dragon areas have wrapped around their heads.

Red/gold banner with a dragon on it:
>Is everywhere on the walls in Stormveil, tower bridge and residential areas being examples, which is held by Banished Knights exiled soldiers
>Is in roundtable hold (Leyndell) next to stockpiles of banished knight and exiled soldiers gear
>Is in Stranded Graveyard with ghostly Banished knights and exiled soldiers
>It's noteworthy the alternate banished knight helmets (commander/godrick aligned) have a metal dragon on it
>Has a VERY similar red/gold sister banner that has a dragon face at the bottom of it that is various areas in Leyndell and Roundtable hold (Leyndell)

Banished knights:
>Has the flag/carpet stylized hawk emblem in their shield on the
>One helmet version has a metal dragon on its helm
>One helmet has the stylized hawk emblem as a cloth wrapped around it
>Are only in places linked with Stormveil, Leyndell, ghostly while serving under the standards I have mentioned, or vibing with dragons with the red/gold cloth
>Have HUGE stockpiles of their gear in Stormveil and Leyndell
>Weapons, armor and shields all used to decorate Stormveil and Leyndell, also there are stockpiles of them in armories in those areas as well.

Exiled Soldiers:
>Live versions are in stormveil
>Ghost versions are only in areas serving under the banners I have mentioned
>Have HUGE stock piles of their weapons and shields in Stormveil and Leyndell.

Attached: imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-b9Nu98zi3Va5Ua.jpg (1975x3326, 1.82M)

>Yes but why is Rennala obsessed with it so much?
Because it was the last gift to her from her only love.

>Exerted a lesser form of mind control automatically to anyone in his presence.
Item description?

Yes and he ended up in Alexander's pot.

In a lot of open world games, a "city" has only around 50 or so NPCs, many of which have the same faces and the same repeating dialogue.
No game is ever going to capture how a real world works.

Is the roundtable hold in a different point in time? Or is it just a separate dimension forged by the GW using that building in Leyndell as an example?

There’s a great rune inside

Better than being raped by an ugly bastard

Sorcery calls spells through tangible artifacts of a deity (glintstone). Then you have the hybrid, aberrant spells which are faith driven yet create red glintstone in the image of the blood star through blood sacrifice.

Incantations conjure spells through belief in the entity channeled through a seal as the conduit.

hes not joking about making friends with the demi humans user, and there are plenty of....half undead? because of the shattering, I think, people wandering around. they're just not friendly to tarnished.
only the "away away" ones attack you the others flee.

Sorry to break it to you but Miquella's dead, bra

Go back

IMO it's a different dimension using that location as a template and it likely depends on the Erdtree to continue to exist given it begins burning with the Erdtree

Most likely the latter.

As Miquellafag, I wouldn't say he was the most powerful but the most influential and wise. I doubt he has any fighting capability and his only self-defense was probably making everyone pacific to him.

Attached: FQ9eciuVUAAhfzt.png (1392x950, 225.21K)

Attached: bleh.jpg (736x500, 106.86K)

During the events of the game. We've yet to see how powerful Miquella is. He's been asleep in the Haligtree, but the Haligtree in itself is a testament to his power.

Impossible to say how powerful Miquella is in a sense of battle until he's waging one.

>tangible artifacts of a deity (glintstone
glintstone is the star equivalent of amber, and the stars arent gods.
>Glintstone is the amber of the cosmos, golden amber contains the remnants of ancient life and houses its vitality, while Glintstone contains residual life. And thus, the vitality of the stars. It should not be forgotten that glintstone sorcery is the study of the stars and the life therin.

Melina says something like its outside this world, but its in the capital too.
it is defiantly not outside of time because people like ensha and gideon react to current events and plans. (obviously ignoring ng+)

tldr
Get to the point

Horserinofags seem to have an obsession with every other demigod who is not "as powerful" as him. And I am not even a Maleniafag, just from my general observation.

It's hard to say
Ostensibly he only really cared about Malenia and helping people, which is why he established the Haligtree in the first place and tried to ascend through evolving in it's roots. I can't imagine part of his grand plan was to get interrupted halfway through so he could get raped by a demon and then get soaked in blood untill he turned into a desiccated husk. The only thing in the game that suggests any impure motivations is the description for the bewitching branch, and even that is vague and nebulous. If he really was a mastermind playing 4D chess, I think he's done a pretty poor job of it since as it stands the Haligtree pretty much failed, Malenia is dead and some random tarnished became Elden Lord while he was asleep

>using spoilers
>in the lore thread
anyone that hasnt beaten the game yet shouldnt be posting here
simple as

Like I said. Hand wave it away. Other games give you the impression of an inhabited world or how it would work, even if they can't represent it literally. Elden Ring doesn't even try.

Who is that in the black robe supposed to be?

That excerpt in no way disputes celestial outer gods. What is the blood star if not an outer god?

Ayy, why didn't he get the Elden Lord throne then?

Attached: 1650046154697.jpg (1331x1344, 378.88K)

> anyone that hasnt beaten the game yet shouldnt be posting here
from the ridiculous takes I sometimes see on here I'm pretty sure some do nonetheless