Why doesn't reddit like TLOU 2?

Why doesn't reddit like TLOU 2?

Attached: Screenshot_20220501-121637_Reddit.jpg (717x222, 28.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iss5bRQ7yVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A rare case of them having taste.

because they are reactionary retards

>female protagonist sequel is not canon
As it should've been.

Wrong. People don't like subversive garbage. You can't tell a revenge story and then chicken out at the end. You rob the audience of the catharsis. All for some hollow, nihlistic bullshit.
Which is really what plagues the story and the entire game as a whole. The beloved character and lead from the first game is brutally killed off. His killer gets away with it. His daughter figure destroys her own life trying to take vengeance - losing her friends, her family, her love, even parts of her body...all for nothing. Now a bleak story CAN be good if it's done right and it's thematically appropriate. But the Last of Us 2 is not a good example of it. Rather, it's a spiteful story that's only service seems to be to shit on it's fans.

>because they are reactionary retards

Attached: 1621879363261.png (988x1066, 526.03K)

Oh shit they don't like it?
Gonna have to pretend it's the best game ever now.

> All for some hollow, nihlistic bullshit.
If Ellie killed Abby the game would be 100x more bleak as it is.

> The beloved character and lead from the first game is brutally killed off

Muuh beloved character. It's not Uncharted. It's a dramatic story where a 12 yo girls dies in the first 10 min of the first game

>If Ellie killed Abby the game would be 100x more bleak as it is.
Wrong. It would be a daughter avenging the death of father. You can harp on about some nonsense of the "cycle of hatred", but that's bullshit. There's nothing nihilistic or hollow about bringing justice to the people who have greviously wronged your loved ones
>Muuh beloved character. It's not Uncharted. It's a dramatic story where a 12 yo girls dies in the first 10 min of the first game
It's a story about bonds. A father loses his daughter and his soul. He regains it when he meets Elle and he vows to protect her so that she won't end up like his daughter whom he failed to save.
Edge does not correlate to good storytelling.

Except a revenge story where the protagonist learns by the end that carrying out revenge won’t really solve anything is pretty much the most common and basic type of revenge story. So if this game deserves any kind of criticism, it’s that it’s pretty generic

They're chuds

Not enough epic bacon humor.

game is shoe horned and made no sense how joel died

in the first game joel is an untrusting person and knows everyone is a fuckwad in the world, then suddenly in TLOU2 he's so trusting and gets whacked, it's retarded

>Why doesn't reddit like TLOU 2?
>because they are reactionary retards
nigga have you ever seen ANYONE who likes this game? it's literally only a bunch of die hard nuSony fans.

Attached: 1651238992577.jpg (683x1024, 206.87K)

>da cycul of vigh-lents
Hotline Miami 2 did it better.

Attached: 1651421134435.jpg (842x471, 206.95K)

Fucking this

Honestly didn't really liked Hotline 2 story that much. First one did it better

>actually making a thread about leddit
Fuck off faggot

>subreddit called r/TheLastOfUs2
>Is composed exclusivly by haters of Part 2
>40.600 salty manchildrens complaining instead of letting it go like any normal human being

>nigga have you ever seen ANYONE who likes this game? it's literally only a bunch of die hard nuSony fans.
TLoU2 is my favorite AAA game period, and I hate shit like Ghost of Tsushima, nu God of War, Days Gone. Honestly I think everyone who DOESN'T like TLoU2 is a victim of social pressure or is just a retard.

the real last of us reddit has 225k users

Three retards in a row ? Nice catch

What’s extra sad is these fags never even played the game. It’s like hating on the twilight series with a burning passion but never seeing the movies. Yet it lives rent free in your head like some mentally unstable cuckold

>TLoU2 is my favorite AAA game period
it's not. you are too young and never read a book without pictures or seen a movie without capeshit and you think a pretentious piece of trash by a hack who fired his own mentor is profound because it has a couple of lines of dialogue more than your average vidya. the story is indefensibly retarded:
>ellie stabs a disarmed mel even tho she has vital information
>le big sad
>jessie hears tommy being ambushed
>rushes through a door and gets shot like a clown
>joel ON PATROL gets killed by randos because coffee trading
who the fuck writes this shit.

100% agree. HM1's point was almost literally "Video games are about the act of play, idiot. You want a story? Go hunt for random pixels and listen to a last-second exposition dump that barely makes any sense, retard."
Then HM2 comes along and throws that point out the window. I understand that the lead dev's mom died or whatever and I feel bad for him, but the game definitely suffered for it.

JOOOEEELERINOO NOOOOOO

> There's nothing nihilistic or hollow about bringing justice to the people who have greviously wronged your loved ones

So Abby was right in killing Joel?

retarded culture warriors choosing to mould their personality around hating a mediocre video game
can't imagine a more boring existence

not liking TLOU2 is gateway to being a contrarian gamer, aka having knowledge about games/gaming
go to God of War or PS sub and tell them new entries are not miracles granted to humanity and see what reddit is

>TLoU2 is my favorite AAA game period
lol retard

> characters change

TLOU2 must be based then.

Bad taste

If anything I'm too old to be talking to retards on Yea Forums. For fiction I read mostly classic lit and hard sci-fi. I never watch capeshit. Maybe you should reexamine your assumptions here since I'm the exact opposite of the person you're describing?

said the 4channeler kek

>twilight
rent free

what was the message of this game supposed to be? revenge bad?

Story is bland, which was the main selling point of the first game. Altough graphics and gameplay are improved, there are thousands of better game in those regards.

>> characters change
that's literally what you expect a story to explain tho you illiterate nigga and not use as an axiomatic excuse for dogshit writing. did the game do that, no. the real interesting story of tlou 2 is how neil backstabbed bruce in the back to make him quit, reinstate all his retarded ideas and drive the franchise into the ground.

>So Abby was right in killing Joel?
Since I know you are not merely pretending to be retarded (which may also defeat the point of explaining this to you) - let me explain what that user meant. He said:

>grievously wronged

Jerry was moments away from killing Ellie to retrieve the cordyceps sample from her brain. Without her consent (whether she wanted to or not.) When Joel walked in to save Ellie, he picked up a scalpel as a weapon and justified what he was doing. Joel then killed him. Simple as. That's justified spilled blood any father would happily shed.

Abby was literally seething that a man killed her father to prevent him killing another man's daughter.

>"I-if it was me, I-I would totally get the surgery Dad!"

Fuck her. And you if you can't understand something so basic.

>daughter of the leader of a literal death cult
>and she's an apologist for it
>i'm supposed to feel sorry for her

> Jerry was moments away from killing Ellie to retrieve the cordyceps sample from her brain. Without her consent (whether she wanted to or not.) When Joel walked in to save Ellie, he picked up a scalpel as a weapon and justified what he was doing. Joel then killed him. Simple as. That's justified spilled blood any father would happily shed.

Abby was literally seething that a man killed her father to prevent him killing another man's daughter.

You say that because you played the first game and understood Joels POW.
Abby didn't know that. Neither that his father threatened Joel. From her perspective he's just a sicko that slaughtered her father.

>Abby didn't know that. Neither that his father threatened Joel.
Yes she did know that Joel killed Jerry to protect Ellie, she simply did not give a fuck. Every surviving Firefly knew exactly why Joel did what he did. Should I even bother telling you to "replay the game?"
>Neither that his father threatened Joel.
Do you legitimately think she cares? Whether or not she knows this is inconsequential: Joel killed her father. That's all that matters to her.
>From her perspective he's just a sicko that slaughtered her father.
No? He's just a guy who killed her father that also so happened to doom the world by not letting his daughter be sacrificed. Joel also saved her fucking life, but didn't even bother factoring that into the equation before brutally murdering him. Again, fuck her.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 856.25K)

Because they are literally just the same people who browse Yea Forums. Believe it or not one person can browse two websites.

I just played the game. They absolutely don't know of the bond between Joel and Ellie.

> Do you legitimately think she cares? Whether or not she knows this is inconsequential: Joel killed her father. That's all that matters to her.

Point conceded. She was blinded by revenge. The same way Ellie was going the same path until she brought herself to reason. Almost like it's the point of the story.

>Without her consent
lol I keep reading this and it's beyond silly: who the FUCK would ever "consent" to being heroed in some abandoned hospital? that's some crazy cultist logic.
>a man killed her father to prevent him killing another man's daughter.
not only. everyone seems to be forgetting that Joel came back for ellie because he realized it was HER OWN PEOPLE that lied to her. The fireflies were Ellie's family and she blindly trusted them, that's why she says: "it can't be for nothing". her drive for everything was trust for the FF. it was only after Joel was confronted by marlene that he realizes these people are completely insane. Then Neil literally RETCONNED EVERYTHING and implied Ellie was super ok with being heroed.
>From her perspective he's just a sicko that slaughtered her father.
no. he clearly saves another person from dying. from her perspective joel is just a guy saving an innocent girl. and this is probably the BIGGEST logical plot hole in the game: if Abby cared that "Joel DoOmEd humanity" why the fuck did she COMPLETELY ignore ellie when she saw her. Ellie goes from the most important person in the world in the first game to a nobody. if abby even remotely believed in her dads work she wouldn't have left ellie or at the very least being apathetic to ellie. if Abby didn't give a shit about her dad's work, then she had no reason to sadistically kill joel because in that case joel was literally just saving a child.
>not liking TLOU2 is gateway to being a contrarian gamer
in the real world TLOU2 is one of sony's biggest flops during one of their biggest consoles.
>>Is composed exclusivly by haters of Part 2
meanwhile the other sub has more strict security than the pentagon and a fraction of engagement. lol

>looking for towels
kek

>doom the world
Neils retarded retcon saying that the cure would work is retarded
also even the retard did make a cure
WHO GIVES A FUCK the world is already fucked and now the cure is in the hands of terrorist who care bomb kids
why did Abby's retard fucktard Dad go to FUCKING TERRORIST as his first choice to make a cure

> if Abby cared that "Joel DoOmEd humanity" why the fuck did she COMPLETELY ignore ellie when she saw her.

Abbie didn't know who Ellie was through the whole game. Only Nora realised who she was once she saw her breathe spores.
TLOU 2 haters confirmed retards once again

Do you think they will buy the rumored TLOU 1 remake this year or is the franchise dead as a video game. Factions 2 sounds like it's in development hell also

>They absolutely don't know of the bond between Joel and Ellie.
Yes, they do. What do you think the point of the image I posted was? He brought her there. And he took her back once he realized the surgery was fatal.
>The same way Ellie was going the same path until she brought herself to reason.
>Reason
Ah, yes. Stacking up a towering mountain of corpses and spilling rivers of blood in order to kill person, only to cuck out once you reach your actual target is "reason." How could I be so blind? Her journey wasn't pointless at all! It was about building character! What a big brain you have, user!
>Almost like it's the point of the story.
It's almost like you're an Abby apologist and I'm wasting my time holding a dialogue with you.

The game is actually fun. I am surprised I wasn't bombarded with cutscene galor like Yea Forums said I would.

>>daughter of the leader of a literal death cult
>>and she's an apologist for it
>>i'm supposed to feel sorry for her
pretty much this. a big reason people hated the game is because Neil tried to retcon the fireflies into the good guys and it backfired.
>Abbie didn't know who Ellie was through the whole game.
oh abbie was conveniently retarded then. lol. this is even dumber that the coffee trader excuse.

It'll probably sell ok, despite what fanboys claim TLoU2 did actually do a lot of harm towards the IP. Only Snoys cared about it and they burned that bridge with that game. Not to mention that they'll most likely retcon shit to validate TLoU2 by making Joel look worse and inserting Cuckman's Ellie dyke fantasy into the main game.
Fuck him.

>I wasn't bombarded with cutscene galor
the game has literally 9-10 hours of cutscenes
youtube.com/watch?v=Iss5bRQ7yVM

Doesn't feel like it to be honest. Also the video seems to be using gameplay sections where you can just explore as cutscene footage. I would not consider that a cutscene personally. Just small breaks where you can explore and gather materials. In reality its probably like 4-5 hours.

>Then Neil literally RETCONNED EVERYTHING and implied Ellie was super ok with being heroed.
I'm the user you originally responded to. I will never forgive Cuckmann for many things, but I give him a pass here. Ellie's survivor guilt was readily apparent in the final chapter, and it was also the reason Joel reassured her that he also struggled with surviving, but stressed that it's important to find something to keep fighting for. While Ellie was not in a healthy state of mind, she was actually okay with being an hero'ed.

It really is like the resetera of everything else besides games.

>Ellie's survivor guilt was readily apparent in the final chapter
I know the first game by heart and I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.
>but stressed that it's important to find something to keep fighting for
it was literally the other way around. ellie says it can't be for nothing when joel suggests they turn back. she has blind faith in the fireflies and it's literally the one thing that keeps her going through the entire game.
>she was actually okay with being an hero'ed
suggesting a kid is ok with being killed is just nonsense. the only possible explanation for such a scenario would have been heavy brain washing by the cult in which case it still was not really her decision.

Abby did nothing wrong

> Yes, they do. What do you think the point of the image I posted was? He brought her there. And he took her back once he realized the surgery was fatal.

Holy shit man you're dumb. The image is Nora realizing who she was WAY after they killed Joel. If they already knew who she was then why would Nora be surprised the moment she saw her breath spores?

>
Ah, yes. Stacking up a towering mountain of corpses and spilling rivers of blood in order to kill person, only to cuck out once you reach your actual target is "reason."

Just because you murder 19 people doesn't mean that you should say "hey I might as well make it 20"

Conveniently ignoring the fact that Abby spared her life twice. She realised that revenge at any cost was turning her into a monster the same way it turned Abby. To have progression you need to have a difference between point A ans Z. So since she went from someone willing to murder anyone in her way to realising that murdering her is wrong and eouldnt bring Joel back. That's chsracter development.

> It's almost like you're an Abby apologist and I'm wasting my time holding a dialogue with you.

I dislike her as a human but can still understand the reason that made her the way she is.

>I know the first game by heart and I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.
Ellie's survivor's guilt was a hot topic after the game initially released. It was the reason she was so distant and quiet in the final chapter when they reached Washington, and why she brought up Riley, Tess, and Sam when they got back to Jackson. She wanted to get it off her chest. If you know the first game by heart, you should know the ending scene

>"I struggled for a long time with survivin'. And you- No matter what, you keep finding something to fight for."

- and why Joel subsequently lied about what happened in Washington after she asked again. Why do you think she was so livid with Joel years later when she realized he robbed her of that decision? Her surivivor's guilt was extremely transparent, and I am unsure how you missed it. Hell, Google "Ellie survivor's guilt" and see what I mean.
>ellie says it can't be for nothing when joel suggests they turn back. she has blind faith in the fireflies and it's literally the one thing that keeps her going through the entire game.
That is not contradicting what I said, user. Ellie wasn't thinking about sacrificing herself at the time, but she also wasn't adverse to it either. She wanted to go through with it no matter what.
>suggesting a kid is ok with being killed is just nonsense.
No disrespect, user. Sincerely. But I don't think you know the game as well as you think you do. Ellie was content with giving up her life because so many lost theirs for hers. That guilt was gnawing at her the entire game and it reached a tipping point at the climax. There is no "brainwashing" here that isn't of Ellie's own machination. And Joel was trying to snap her out of it by lying to her.

Attached: image_2022-05-01_142512181.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

>The image is Nora realizing who she was WAY after they killed Joel.
does it even matter, Neil's writing method is: everyone is retarded when they need to be.