Good games in a shit franchise

Post em

Attached: Generation V.jpg (1384x1242, 614.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pokeharbor.com/2022/04/pokemon-blaze-black-2-redux/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pokemon is for babies

Ok

They're really not that good, I played them last year for the first time after skipping them as a kid and the story is so bland it makes fate seem well written. The only two things about them that's even moderately interesting is how black/white region-locked the pokemon to only the new ones, and the graphics. Too bad the gen 5 pokemon are the least charming designs that GF could have possibly come up with.

Oh and I guess the shaking tall grass is nice for grinding/hunting

>the least charming designs that GF could have possibly come up with
Wait until you see the designs for the newer games

What makes it different from all other Pokemon releases?

em

Attached: 2566479-re4.jpg (320x406, 54.14K)

There's at least some cute ones in the new games and the regional variants is an okay way to cope with GG's inability to make something new be appealing, but when they tried to make cute mons for gen 5 this is what they came up with

Attached: 531-Audino.png (662x800, 417.76K)

>GG
GF

>hating Audino
Shit taste

Attached: i want to murder this creature.gif (46x53, 33.54K)

BW are not good

Yeah, they are great

No. I meant not good as in bad. Big downgrade from the 4th gen games. B2W2 are kino tho.

Big downgrade how? First time seeing somebody who thinks Sinnoh was better than Unova.

Anyone would hate it when it's all that shows up when you're shiny grinding

How does one shiny hunt in gen 5?

Only games that gamefreak actually put effort in. Especially BW2. It's content overload, stark contrast from their more recent games, where they outright state and excuse less content/effort in their games as being the "player's fault" because Japanese kids are glued to their phones so don't have enough time to play their games.

Attached: BW2 map.png (1280x840, 159.7K)

Chaining, the problem is many pokemon can only be found in the shaking grass which also has a high chance of spawning audino (usually over 80%)

If gen 5 had actual good starters, it could surpass gen 1 and 2. It's incredible how bad the selection of Pokemon in b/w1 is until after the first gym.

I'm playing Blaze Black 2 at the moment, and one thing that I think is a downer to past gens are the route designs.

With that said, 1 2 and 5 are probably the only great pokemon gens.

gen 2 is awful and really only should be thought of as a balance patch to gen 1 considering that none of the new pokemon are good in gen 2.

BW(2) are shit games and, just like Pt/HGSS, the only reason people praise them is because they're slightly less shit games in a godawful franchise

There, now it's the best game pokeharbor.com/2022/04/pokemon-blaze-black-2-redux/

Attached: 0ccd926fb319dc663790314cfb1d620d.jpg (600x800, 208.98K)

shit, guess I might just start this rather than continue with blaze black 2

Attached: 1501115945584.jpg (415x454, 17.83K)

Gen 5 are the most mediocre games in the franchise. They really don't do anything better than Gen 1 except having some more postgame, but Gen 1 doesn't even have a battle tower so that's not much of an achievement.

Interesting. I didn't know you could do that in gen 5. So its just get real lucky and hope Audino doesn't show for however long it takes for the one you want to appear, I take it?

>Only games that gamefreak actually put effort in
Which is why it's another copy of gen 1 with 8 gyms, an elite 4, a rival, and an evil team?

Audino showing up doesn't break your chain, it just wastes your time. Chaining only counts pokemon you catch. Pokemon like tyranitar for example have a 5% encounter rate in the route 15 shaking grass whereas audino has a 75% chance of wasting your time.

>They really don't do anything better than Gen 1 except having some more postgame
Gen 5's world and sound design alone BTFOs everything in the franchise.

That's not a high hurdle user

>Gen 5's world
You mean the extremely linear circle? Yeah I'd rather play through gen 1's world which opens up a lot after beating Misty.

>A worse remake of gen 1
>Good

Attached: 1645816892094.gif (462x427, 1.89M)

Nah I think he means the one note characters and the reskined gen 1 pokemon that occupy it.

Okay then why say Gen 1 is better?

>Gen 5's world
A straight line isn't as impressive as you think it is. Hell, they did the exact same thing for sword and shield and it was just as shitty.

I didn't.

I can see why you hate the little bastard now with those odds. About how long does it usually take to find a shiny from your experience?

Alright. Have you played BW/2? Or are you just assuming because it's Pokemon it's bad?

Yes, I've played them. They're not good games, sure the graphics and sound are impressive but that doesn't mean it's actually fun to play. The pokemon are ugly and don't actually do anything new or represent new archetypes of play, they're just gen 1 mons with a new coat of paint; the game is laughably easy and throws pink ugly balls of bootsted exp at you from the first gym, almost like they know that they somehow made grinding unfun in a jrpg; and to top it all off the story is "PETA but evil" which is a fine concept, but the characters are so one-note that it drags the whole story down with it.

It's not too bad, maybe 2 or 3 afternoons in bw2 with the shiny charm. The odds are about 1/300 with a full chain and shiny charm.

All I gathered from this post is you're someone who obsessively plays Pokemon games and is upset a BW/2 isn't a completely different genre. Play other games.

The problem comes when you're going for the pokemon that only spawn in the shaking grass, but regular hunting is fun and quick. If you're emulating there's a script that forces the grass spawns so you don't have to run around for 30 seconds between encounters.

All i gathered from this post is that you didn't read his post.

I don't like pokemon games in general user, gen 5 may be the best, but being the best turd in the toilet bowl isn't an achievement.

t. Good games in a shit franchise

Gen 5 isn't good though, it's better than the rest of pokemon, but compared to any other jrpg it's a joke

B/W and G/S/C are my favorite games. SwSh and X/Y are my least favorite.

>it's better than the rest of pokemon
Not even

That is even better to know. I don't have the shiny charm but I'll give it a try for regular hunting then. It'll also give me a good excuse to get the catch x amount of pokemon in a day medal too.

>gen 5 may be the best, but
>it's better than the rest of pokemon, but
BW/2 mog your favorite JRPG.

Yeah I mean, at least the non-gameplay parts are better the graphics are actually pretty nice looking and the animated sprites are way better than the current 3d models

Nah

Attached: Racistdwarfs.png (158x115, 1.56K)

Good taste

Happy hunting!

>at least the non-gameplay parts are better
Like what? The story?
>please consider pokemon liberation
>WE'RE KICKING MUNNAS IN THE VERY NEXT TOWN, GHETSIS IS EVIL, N IS BRAINWASHED, PLEASE DON'T EVER QUESTION POKEMON LIBERATION
Yeah what amazing writing. Gen 5 truly knocked it out of the park with how it refuses to discuss its own themes.
>the animated sprites are way better than the current 3d models
Lets see the 3d models have idle animations, multiple attack animations, and the animations in Amie. Post the sprites doing anything besides their little dance.

>Like what
Just the graphics and sound. You can make an argument for the 3d models and I can see how you can like them more than the sprites but the overworld graphics are pretty impressive for the DS and look nice enough.

Holy seethe.

Paper Mario 64, TTYD and Super Paper Mario
Silent Hill 1, 2&3

SMT Nocturne
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment

SMT2 mogs nocturne

One of the worst Snes RPGS. Not really .

Link's Awakening

Attached: file.png (700x700, 496.96K)

SMTIV and Strange Journey are leagues ahead of Nocturne.