What is the video games equivalent of Spirited Away?

What is the video games equivalent of Spirited Away?

Attached: Spirited Away Train.webm (800x424, 2.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UwxatzcYf9Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Overwatch

Little Nightmares I guess?

Wouldn't it be Ni No Kuni? It was co-developed by Studio Ghibli if I remember correctly

Dark Souls or Kirby.

overrated? Overwatch.

Ghibli made a cutscene or two.

You should kill yourself, ASAP.

>pretentious, overrated gimmick that gets acclaimed for good visuals
Ghost of Tsushima

Elden Nigs

not even best miyazaki film at all

Attached: 1650828612901.gif (640x640, 3.37M)

Attached: 1653494149977.jpg (2083x7998, 2.22M)

Overhyped to fuck and primarily enjoyed by girls from Tumblr?

Undertale.

came here to post tits

Attached: tits.jpg (720x720, 40.01K)

>Miyazaki already did not care how this felt beyond Japan, and even went so far as to tell a Japanese newspaper that he had done “a very conscious effort to create a film that wasn’t too successful in America”.
how is he so based, fuck america

that's more elden turd than ghost

what's your fave?
mine is the one about the dude that made planes
but I watch Princess Hebenoke the most because of cooming purposes

it ended up being a globally acclaimed masterpiece.

>It was successful and is still popular in America
What a fucking failure. Old faggot should just hara-kiri himself to preserve what little honour he has left.

wow omg a floating castle? big skulls? who else could've come up with something so creative?

It's hard to pin a "best Miyazaki film" between Spirited Away/Mononoke/Nausicaa/Howl's/Totoro. Man is just that good.

Attached: Howl's Castle.webm (834x440, 2.91M)

Unironically Hollow Knight

>It's hard to pin a "best Miyazaki film" between Spirited Away/Mononoke/Nausicaa/Howl's/Totoro.
But that's wrong because Porco Rosso is easily his best film. None of the films you named are even in his top 3.

Porco is masterclass, but I don't have enough contrarianism running in my veins to put it at top 3.

Attached: Nausicaa.webm (720x388, 2.91M)

Soulsbros....how could we let this happen?

I only caught half of Spirited Away and it seemed obvious to me that it was his best
>Howl's has a terrible ending
>Mononoke has a lot of bits that don't really land
>Totoro is too childish

>>Howl's has a terrible ending
filtered

Attached: Howl's kiss.webm (810x428, 2.94M)

Fuck you, I liked it

Attached: images.jpg (195x259, 13.89K)

No, but it's still good, and all the contrarians in this thread are just under the impression that hating it makes them seem interesting.

>about the dude that made planes
You mean the recent one, about the guy who designed the Zero? I thought it was garbage to be honest.

For me it's
Mononoke > Nausicaa > Spirited Away > Laputa > Totoro > Howl's Moving Castle >>> everything else he made

Decent tier list.

Attached: Volley.webm (850x450, 2.97M)

it's also preachy
I can only handle so much
>don't you guys know war = bad?!?! >:(
from jap media

For me, it's Ponyo.
jk it was trash tier

Oh shit, how could I forget about it? Should go between Laputa and Totoro here . And Kiki's actually good too, should be after Totoro I guess.

Attached: Eboshi.webm (834x442, 2.99M)

Third nuke would've taught them war is good

A person who can't write a post without using the cowardly memeword "contrarian" is not worth engaging with.

Why are you watching Ghibli stuff if you hate the pacifist messages in them? Why do you even think "war le good!"?

I was just about to shit on you for putting kiki after a powergap

>What is the video games equivalent of Spirited Away?
Kidnapped by the FGC.

I mean, I liked kikis delivery service. Guy sure does a good job of making the country side look comfy as all fuck in his movies. But it realistically would be a nightmare whenever you wanted to do anything.

War is bad but it's also fucking cool as fuck

>Laputa

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 1.93M)

war is indeed le bad, user.

>about the guy who designed the Zero?
yeah
I guess I related to it, since I'm a mechanical engineer myself

oh my god how did this happen

Attached: The-Walls-Of-Falconia-In-Berserk.jpg (750x375, 132.37K)

Seriously? No one mentioned Spiritfarer? It's literally Spirited Away the video game.

Attached: Spiritfarer.jpg (2560x1440, 620.79K)

That's funny because Laputa is his only good film.

Attached: Spirited Away Kamaji.webm (810x428, 2.96M)

Miyazaki was planning out the film right as America was invading the middle east. He was kinda pissed that we were knocking over another region full of brown skins in the modern age. He wanted to stick it to us.

I don't hate the message, I hate the obviousness of it all, especially when it's contrasted with a clear obsession with warfare and the history of battle. Lots of Japanese films have anti-war exposition tacked on seemingly as a disclaimer for the hour-and-a-half of badass war scenes in the rest of the film.

Spirited Away is heartwarming and optimistic, while Spiritfarer is emotionally devastating. they're similar but totally different

God, Eboshi was so cool. She really just did not give a fuck.

>especially when it's contrasted with a clear obsession with warfare and the history of battle
This can't be said for Howl's. It shows the people on the receiving end of war.

Miyazaki is autistic for mechanical stuff, which unfortunately for him means his hobby will also overlap with weapons and warfare (speaking for other films, like the plane engineer one).

>War is bad but it's also fucking cool as fuck
that's what hayao thinks too and he hates it

Top Ghibli waifu desu

Attached: Eboshi shooting.webm (840x444, 2.96M)

His Lupin movie is better than Moving Castle.

You will watch all Ghibli movies

Attached: Night Walker and Kodamas.webm (760x402, 2.92M)

>Lots of Japanese films have anti-war exposition tacked on seemingly as a disclaimer for the hour-and-a-half of badass war scenes in the rest of the film
can you suggest some good ones? i've watched Floating Castle recently and it was sooo good

What about Ori wotw? Even though it's more inspired by Mononoke

youtube.com/watch?v=UwxatzcYf9Q

Attached: Sophie Tram Howl's Moving Castle.webm (820x436, 2.81M)

100% accurate statement.
Have you ever stopped and looked at all of the awesome WWI era military technology that every single one of his films seem to contain for some reason? You will never love stationary artillery more than after watching one of his films.

Correct ranking of Miyazaki films:

Porco Rosso > Laputa > Kiki > Wind Rises > Spirited Away > Mononoke > Totoro > Castle of Cagliostro > Nausicaa > Howl's Moving Castle > Ponyo

You are correct. The best one is Laputa Castle in the Sky and its not even close.

Attached: Turniphead cane.webm (860x456, 2.79M)

wind rises wasn't even good. genuinely boring film

Spbp

Pleb

Howl's = Mononoke = Spirited Away > Nausicaa = Kaguya > Castle in the Sky > Kiki's = Totoro = Arrietty > Porco > Ocean Waves = Earthsea

Literally just play Breath of the Wild or Skyward Sword.
Heck, all of Skyward is basically an homage to studio Ghibli. It has flight, a drowned forest, flying insects chasing after you, a wholesome romance between two young people.

Attached: Cloud Barrier.jpg (1574x1579, 789.18K)

So war is like heroin?

what makes Wind Rises better than any of his other films?

Attached: boar.webm (780x412, 2.97M)