Who you prefer it if the games when back to sprites?

Who you prefer it if the games when back to sprites?

Attached: Poke.gif (960x540, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tose_(company)
youtube.com/watch?v=3GSTXHwoflw
youtube.com/watch?v=MhpB1-sgH1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Overanimated.
And her skirt is too short

after black/white i prefer them not to, just release good looking 3D pokemon title, its like the easiest job ever to do with their infinite budget

Pokemon games have never ever had quality artwork.

Attached: pnrrs.webm (852x480, 2.97M)

mystery dungeon is ok

SOUL

nor did zelda or metak gear or final fantasy or Mario for that matter, popular games from that era had the worse 2D graphics

I would prefer if they put their unlimited funds into something useful for once, like developing a Marnie onahole.

Haven't you seen her sex doll?

Nintendo as a whole never had any real artistic merit, that was all Sega, Namco, Taito, etc.

Not animated enough.
And her skirt is too long.

Minish Cap looked great.
Cadence of Hyrule too though it's not made by Nintendo.

Everything you said is wrong. Go back to your soulless void of a life.

>Minish Cap looked great.
Oh yeah, that game looks great. But it also wasn't developed by Nintendo.

Attached: 1612492082002.gif (640x512, 199.73K)

It still surprises me that Nintendo let another big Japanese dev make main series zelda games for them.

i love fighting game backgrounds

Attached: motw_downtown-cb25d556c94dde722c37d5cad1c924a6.gif (621x370, 918.22K)

Man art like this makes me reach out for a world that never existed

they should have just went hd sprites but focused on systems and making there worlds huge with tons of stuff to do i dont think pokemon fans really care about 3d graphics

Attached: dq3.jpg (1072x502, 84.34K)

No and only white fat american neckbeard losers who think they look liker ken masters seems to like that dumb boomer background

You can almost see

Marnie isn't wearing underwear...

speaking of, when is DQ3 coming out?

No.

I like seeing trainers' expressions
>"you can do it with 2D too"
yes, but Game Freak wasn't doing that to great capacity back then.

They should go back to the GB/GBC style
It was the best one, not to mention make it 4:3 too

Maybe it's just a bit small?

To me it just looks like the PS1 remake of Dragon Quest or the DS remakes that got all samey with the resources, except the 3D parts have cleaner textures.

why would suddenly switching medium solve their issues with budget and level of effort. they'd just be a different flavour of shit.

B-because soul, baka.

I love the ones from older fighting games a bit more, but I get what you mean. This kind of shit was always nice.

The collabs in that era (e.g., Sega and F-Zero GX) were to help promote innovation and improve competition against Western games.
Capcom did kinda backstab Nintendo with RE4 though for better or worse.
I guess in the end the contract culture has led to a stronger Japanese 3rd party market where creatives are more used to running their own studios as opposed to needing to deal with being an exec at a bigger company.
I recall there's that one unnamed Japanese company that ghost develops games, they hinted that they worked on some pretty big stuff too.

I think the 3D pokemons look a bit off but are not particularly bad. The first 3D games were a new product and should be given a little more time before being called "BAD".

A long time ago, we got astounished when we saw Crystal animations and innovations, but we had to had Red, Blue, Gold and Silver before they reached that point.

I think the 3d models are still far from perfect but eventually they'll reach a nice point in the near future.

But I wouldn't mind a new sprite game.

Oh, here's the wiki on the company I was thinking of.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tose_(company)
The "unnamed" part came from romantic memory I guess, but they do try to keep in the background and not appear in the credits.

>Capcom did kinda backstab Nintendo with RE4 though for better or worse.
Huh?

Pokémon art is always better when handled by an outside team.

I really hope they port the zenithian trilogy over next. Having the definitive editions stuck on phones is a damn shame.

Capcom was supposed to have exclusive Gamecube games as part of a partnership but then they brought RE4 to PS2 after correctly figuring out it would sell bajillions.

Minish Cap looked good since it was made by Capcom who used to make some of the best 2D sprites.

Yes and they should only make the mons of the new regions available.
The truth is the game is to fucking bloated with pkms and old mons steal the spotlight of new ones.

Trying to read this post gave me seizure

>her skirt is too short
Found the homosexual faggot.

For whose appeal?

Mystery Dungeon is top tier soul before it's shitty 3d transition.

If they're going fully open world like they claim, then god no, just optimise the games better. Would i like a gorgeous pixel remake of Gold and Silver? Fucking yes.

nah he's 100% right about the overanimated part. It looks like everyone's doing some fancy idle pose when that's just not realistic in the slightest especially when paired with a totally static background. Put the effort into making the grass sway or the clouds drift with only one or two characters actively bouncing around while the rest are (relatively speaking) static and it'd feel far more natural.

It’s just some guy having fun with fanart, you dont have to try this hard to defend gamefreak

You sound like you want to normalize mediocrity and puritanism lmfao

>skirt is too short
Canon lenght, cope tranny

YES

EACH ONE FEELS HANDMADE AND NOT SOME SOULLESS 3D OBJECT

>3D models aren't handmade

You just make a model and pose it
You dont have to hnd animate every frame

You're disingenuously and grossly oversimplifying it.

Not all armatures handle the same and simply posing a model doesn't mean the animation and timing will be exactly what you want it to be. That's not even taking transformations into account (squash, stretch, etc.)

99% of 3d videogames do not use any stretching or squashing.
With pixelated 2D you HAVE to hand animated the frames, while vector 2D and 3D animation lets you use shortcuts. Most devs will just take the shortcut

The real issue is how gamefreak specifically handles 3D models. They're all stiff and boring with flat textures. Blastoise is the one that sticks out the most to me. Compare his animations in the mainline games to Pokken.

They did but it was always in spinoffs.

Oh I’ve never even played the 3D pokeman games, just grew up on SNES/GBA and feel weird about the current state of RPGs.

I loved games like Witcher 3 and Horizon but god damn, the more you try to make things look human, the creepier it looks.

>99% of 3d videogames do not use any stretching or squashing.

Okay but:
youtube.com/watch?v=3GSTXHwoflw
youtube.com/watch?v=MhpB1-sgH1A

>With pixelated 2D you HAVE to hand animated the frames, while vector 2D and 3D animation lets you use shortcuts. Most devs will just take the shortcut

You still need to build how those models animate by hand. You still need to correct and form meshes by hand. You still need to layout textures and learn how to paint them by hand. You're making it sound like you push a button and the work's done which is not the case.

Can't make this shit up, Yea Forums Fucking armchair critics

I have P&R downloaded, I need to beat the game at least ONCE before getting the new one.

I'd rather they get rid of all the handholding shit

>supposed to be a wholesome animated gif but the coomer couldn't help himself and he just had to flash marnies asscheek
based

Anyone know good resources to create and animate sprites?

I can almost see this pokechild's big pokeass

The 3d models all look really good they just need to put Xatu and Salamence back on the fucking ground