It's been 20 years already

>it's been 20 years already
>still the king
How did Bethesda manage to make such a masterpiece?

Attached: TES_3_Morrowind.jpg (267x373, 52.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/bethesda/status/1520764993867767811
youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oblivion's better

/thread

Yup.

Attached: 1568699.jpg (600x375, 25.94K)

Fpbp

Morrowindfags reeling.

It grew on me and is the most comfy all these years later. Started with Morrowind.

Attached: soul.jpg (1027x626, 131.01K)

If morrowind fans loved this game so much, why do they always feel the need to exploit the mechanics? You always see them say "its fun to abuse alchemy/enchanting and make yourself into a god with stats in the thousands" and they say thats what makes it good. But that just trivializes all of the mechanics and makes the game as joke. If you really thought the game was so great, would you not be able to enjoy it by playing it in the more balanced way it was probably intended?

Soul

because it gave you freedom inside the game and also freedom to change the game
layers of CHIM that we can not even comprehend

Attached: gDmk5.jpg (1024x768, 221.43K)

>they say thats what makes it good

are “they” in the room with you right now ? seems like a fallacy to take someone saying they had fun exploiting the game mechanics and boil it down to being the only thing that makes the game good, there’s more to it than that

Morrowind is very dated.
Oblivion is ageless.

>Dwemer Puzzle box

i wonder how many was filtered by that

That is either disingenuous or ill informed.
The common rallying cry of the Morrowind defense force is that breaking the game is what they like

Anons point is valid but you knew that.

I would say not many.
I imagine the poor gameplay filtered a fair amount before they got to that point.

The fun in RPGs is breaking them. Balanced is boring.

>only acknowledgement from Bethesda of the anniversary is a small blog post
Sad!

Try harder on your baits, have a pity (You).

Level scaling alone kills any argument for Oblivion being better

Surprised it got more than a tweet. It is going the way of Arena and Daggerfall. The strongest opinion TES players have on those is " I am aware they exist" if they have an opinion at all.

Morrowind fans are delusional if they think Morrowind is obscure is anyway

Oblivion is a sleep aid.

It was poorly done but at least it had it. The devs recognized the lack of scaling was an issue during Morrowinds dev cycle and implemented Oblivion style scaling in one of the DLC.

Like every first step Bethesda takes it is not perfect. Oblivion in the Skyrim engine could be the best TES game of all time.

Morrowind has level scaling though

Lol no.
I swear, Oblivion fags are the equivalent to FF VIII fags.

Truly, its impossible to hate Todd

I think Morrowind fans realize Morrowind is obscure at this point They don't like it but they realize it.
> INB4 Why I am a fetus that played Morrowind after Skyrim and enjoyed Morrowind more thus given my status as a fetus your opinion is invalidated.

You still get people trying to convince you to play Daggerfall now and then

twitter.com/bethesda/status/1520764993867767811

Daggerfall is peak soul

>this is where v is gonna put its contrarian flag next
sure thing buddy its the best game ever made

shrooms and lsd

Very limited. I think only daedra were affected. Morrowind's lack of proper scaling was apparent mid to end game .
Look at how far they have come from Morrowind to Fallout 4. As long as they keep improving I am happy.

>St. Jiub not represented
Cringe

youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M
Thread theme
How does FO4 handle level scaling? Do they have specifically end game areas or is the entire world scaled?

Hipsters are always going to be a thing.

That is either disingenuous or ill informed.
The common rallying cry of the Videogame defense force is that breaking the game is what they like.
Anons point is valid but you knew that.
>Very limited.
Thank you for admitting you did not play morrowind.

This.
Skyrim is the best TES game

>get a literal flower picking quest
>get a literal flower picking quest a second time
That's when I called it quits. Shit game.

Zones with ranges. The initial zones will never be as dangerous as the higher end zones but still provide a sense of danger at high levels.

reminder to transfer your bethesda games to steam

I guess that's better than the previous games. I'd prefer that each area had a min and max level assigned to it. Nothing feels better than returning to an area that gave you trouble early on and mowing down everything in it as a God.

daggerfall is alright but it suffers from it's repetitive nature the most, i've never really been able to finish the main story in that game

Attached: ukbsjrb65cr21.jpg (2650x1491, 867.28K)

There's absolutely no way to see everything in the game without making your character overpowered as shit. Also CHIM

That was just pitiful. Hang your head in shame.
If you don't know what you did Lurk Moar

>it's been 26 years already
>still the king
daggerchads, ww@?

Attached: 1643359148265.png (660x930, 666.58K)

the retirement home

>That was just pitiful. Hang your head in shame.
If you don't know what you did Lurk Moar
but please go on about how OBLIVION is better retard

It seems wasteful to make parts of the map inconsequential mid to late game.

Are you that romainian schizo that user is always yelling about?
Well take your meds weirdo.

since this is the morrowind thread, someone explain to me, a retard, why openmw doesn't work with MWSE?

My guess would be not enough people care to make it worth the effort.

>implying everyone on Yea Forums is the same
dunno what schizo you read about in a green text but thats not how image boards work newfren

Whatever Romainian. No winder everyone hates you.

unfathomably based and autist pilled

>projecting foreigners outs himself
every time
go make another thread bitching about ps2 emus

It isn't. Also
>Bethesda gave out Oblivion on gog for free through Prime Gaming and not Morrowind

I mean I already have it on Steam and the original Gotye discs but I don't need another copy of a shit game like oblivion.

Post yfw The Romainian schizo actually exists and isn't just an anons paranoid delusion.

I truly did not think you were real

>it's been 20 years already
i'm gonna faint

Sorry user im a westcoast neet

The entire world keeping pace with you is terrible from a power fantasy point of view and a roleplaying point of view

Why does the user that hates you think you are Romainian?

Because they're retarded and projecting. No one mentione it before they didn

> power fantasy
Found the issue. I want an interesting world to explore. The sense of danger is an integral part.

Morrowind also has level scaling.

It was Bethesda right before greed and success ruined the company forever, so they put their all into making a game which they have never done since as Oblivion showed them they can make a half-assed product, make it shiny, and then sell DLC out the ass to retards. Just cherish that something as amazing as Morrowind got made at all, I play it every year. One of the great masterpieces of gaming.

>I want an interesting world to explore.
An interesting world is a believable world. Raiders wearing almost no clothing should be able to tank a missile to the face just because I leveled up a few times. The sense of danger is important but if EVERYTHING in the world is dangerous then there is no sense of progression from the player. Seeing something cool while exploring and finding the enemies are too strong for you is interesting when you can come back later on and kill them all or struggle through the fights when underlevelled.
If every single point on the map is exactly as difficult as every other point on the map then you haven't made an interesting world.

LMAO no. Oblivionfags are the DS2fags of Elder Scrolls.

>meme is now real
is meme magic part of mysticism or alteration?

Attached: o2D9yQL.jpg (1920x1080, 399K)

I swear your schizophrenic ass is probably going to be in the 30th anniversary thread at this rate