Is multiple playable characters really too overwhelming for people...

Is multiple playable characters really too overwhelming for people? Every casual player I talked to wishes it was just 1 playable character like 1,3 and DmC instead.

Attached: devil-may-cry.jpg (500x706, 98.42K)

pretty sure 3 and dmc have more than 1 playable character

V and vergil are just boring as fuck to play. Nero was a really good addition and Dante is better than ever. I'm not against having more playable characters but they have to be fun

They are extra characters added after the fact, not part of the main game like in 4 and 5.

Imagine thinking that one of the most broken and overpowered characters in the series is boring to play as.

Dude, holding R1 to lock on constantly is overwhelming for people.

And understanding that jumping is your primary dodge? Unfathomable.

Never heard this in my life. Casuals play the game in human mode so its piss easy and doesn't matter if they know how to play V.

Imagine thinking that bigger numbers equal more fun. Are you fat too?

V almost made me uninstall, then I realized you are supposed to just enable auto and laugh your way through the levels because it's so dumb.

>See people getting confused by the lock on and directional input moves
>See people getting confused by the dodge system
>See people just mashing the same attack even though its both boring and inefficient as fuck
>All the shitty DmC design decisions like the 2 dodge buttons, dedicated launcher button and colored enemies suddenly make 100% sense

It's sad to see that so much that's a downgrade about DmC wasn't done out of incompetence, it's literally carefully calculated deliberate design choices because they know most people suck at video games.

Attached: 13253432432.jpg (500x500, 33.19K)

dmc5 has sold more copies than DmC, if anything it shows listening to fans means more money

God damn Yea Forums is terrible at video games. I mean like worse than candy crush normalfag bad.

I beat doom eternal on ultra nightmare and sekiro witih double hardmode, idk how that makes DMC V not be braindead mode that makes it feel like you play with CE enabled tho.

nah, its the fact that only 2 characters in the game roster are good,the rest are shit.

>I beat doom eternal on ultra nightmare and sekiro witih double hardmode,
>beating babies first fast paced FPS and babies first character action game is somewhat hard
lmao at your life

post yours

Most people can't wrap their heads around how to use the Breaker system, and that's literally designed to be straight forward and uncomplicated. This isn't even a matter of being casual, most "veterans" here still complain about not being able to switch arms, let alone playing V on a difficulty that actually requires you to not have your pets die.

The reason everyone says Dante is the best character is because there's tons of mechanics that you don't need to use with him, so you're always in your comfort zone and don't need to adapt.

hehe, royal guard goes pow :)

Attached: royalg.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

It wasn't a good design decision imo. Action games with one character just work, meanwhile here people always bitch about Nero and V. Give everyone their own separate game ala RE.

The character switching was kino, unironically gave me some Pulp Fiction vibes how it constantly kept jumping back and fourth between the protagonists.

RY is braindead easy in DMC5

Royal Guard eating DT instead of health was a smart change. Made me actually start incorporating it into combos.

people just want to play as dante and not the other characters story wise, what's so hard to understand

Doubt considering Roll Guard and Jump Guard exist in 3.

>Every casual player I talked to
DMC5 is literally aimed at casuals. It has linear levels with a GPS button and button mashing gameplay. DMC1, 2, 3, and DmC all had actual effort put into their levels and a full story campaign to build up the character. Even 4 had more going for it and it's only half of a game. Meanwhile you jump back and forth between fanservice and don't even get Nero's DT until NG+. Your game was literally made for babies so Capcom can gauge whether or not DMC is even worth making anymore.

Shit like this is all 5 is even remembered for. A single boss fight and stupid combo webms. There is nothing else memorable about it.

Attached: SoulvsSoulless.png (824x500, 1.11M)

V was unnecessary as a playable. Splitting 20 missions two ways already sucks. Just let us play one character all 20 missions after finishing once.

>even 4 had more going for it
I just don’t understand how someone can say 4 is better than 5

I like V and think DMC5 would have been a lesser game without him playable, he basically replaced the gimmick sections from previous games and adds some variety to the campaign. Then again I'm also a defender of stuff like the underwater segments in DMC1. I think its fun when games shift gears for a bit.

Attached: 323213123.jpg (655x527, 36.32K)

>and button mashing gameplay.
Genuinely retarded

>broken and overpowered character is boring
Yes. Are you retarded? You play these games for the challenge/expression. V doesn't allow that

>it is spic with a shitty brightness webms episode
Yaw

V is pretty lame. Astral Chain uses a similar concept with the main character but it much more fleshed out and fun. It just shows nuCapcom can't develop anything new and it's still living off their past ideas.

Astral Chain just has 1 minion at a time, V has up to 3. Not really the same thing.

V cannot attack by himself, his cane literally bounces off enemies. This is the entire base concept.

Astral Chain is closer to Chaos Legion, where Sieg can attack alongside his summons. So actually Capcom literally avoided iterating on a past idea from their own games, in order to flesh out entirely new concept. They created a character who can S rank DMD/BP without a standard melee attack. Never been done.

DMC2 had literally no effort anywhere and DMC1's levels were made for another game. DMC4 and DmC had some ideas going, but both were heavily affected by their rocky developments. Only DMC3 well built levels which existed in service to the gameplay, but had a few failings of its own on top of carry overs from DMC1's level design which were unitentional.

DMC5 has the best levels in the series, period. This isn't even only from a simple QoL perspective, but from directorial, design, variety and artistic perspectives. They are full of detail, perfect in length, admirably consistent, all of them are different, from having different lay outs (M12, M15) to using co-op in different ways (M7, M13) to plain story significance (M17) and fanservice (M18) to even being technically impressive (M2). If you look around in any of the levels in DMC5 you'll find something unique to it, plus a piece of story or scenery you didn't notice before. The game is so thorough with its own world that even the basic keys got a unique boss.

If you can't appreciate DMC5's levels you were simply playing with your brain off. They are a example of quality any game dev should look up to.

Attached: 1647848348272.jpg (1920x1080, 205.31K)

>It has linear levels
DMC5 is the only DMC game that has actual non-linear levels, the fuck are you on?
The best other DMC games would allow you is to wander around aimlessly and maybe backtrack all the way to the beginning in case of 3 but there is always a single intended path for every mission.
DMC5 actually has both minor branching here and there, as well as major branching in a couple of levels.
What it doesn't do is waste your time backtracking cleared locations but that's not exactly "non-linearity".

>calling DMC1 linear while calling DMC5 non-linear

we've peaked at retard here

Every mission in DMC1 is completely linear. Did you even play it?

Based 5 level connoisseur. I'm tired of retards being wrong about 5.

DMC5 is my first DMC game. Playing as multiple characters isn't overwhelming, but I just started playing as Dante and this is.
>4 styles and 4 weapons to choose from out of the gate
I guess this is the sort of thing that was built up over many sequels.

Dante has two guns and two weapons at the start. 3 introduced the mechanics we know of today. 1 had weapon switching but it was only really between one sword or the punch/kick guantlets and required R3. You had to switch guns via a menu. 3 didn't have style switching and only let you equip two guns and weapons until you beat the mission or reach a statue. Try that approach, stick to one style for now. Trickster is your more standard action game, with the style being evasion and dodging, with a sort of teleport to enemy move later.

DMC1 literally has a magic door that stops you from doing a skip on NG+. DMC5 has multiple skips through its levels and practically all of them have optional stuff to do, on top of letting you finish the game early on two separate occasions.

You're confusing exploration and linearity. DMC5 has minimal exploration but plenty of non-linearity. DMC1 is pretty linear but has an exploration focus.

At this point I want DMC6 to be a large metroidvania, with generally more aggressive enemies, light platforming and puzzling, and 2 playable characters at most (rest as unlocks/dlc).

Not because I want it. But because at least there'd be less whining after release.

Attached: neronico.jpg (1400x1800, 323.83K)

A level that stays the hell out of your way is the best you can have for an action game, and I'm tired of you pretending you enjoy platforming segments, jump pads, and awful geometry placements more.

>two separate occasions
The first is the prologue, the second is?

I think M08

This hurt to read. Don't forget to give every character a dedicated dodge button.

Just make it so you can pick your character for all the levels, problem solved.

I'm talking about Vergil you idiot

Dante gameplay = DMC gameplay
so derivative side characters just feel unsatisfying to play compared to dante

the problem is that you're forced to play has a character that you might not like.

>I think M08
Kek, I didn't actually know about this.
Lmao.

Is Cerberus in BP dante must die difficulty? Furthest I got so far.

Attached: 0EA6B911-373F-478B-AB14-8599D4D0FBF0.jpg (4032x3024, 1.87M)

how do i farm red orbs in this game? bloody palace?

I know that feel too well and yes, he DTs as his life gets low.

I love 5Nero the most.

I shouldn't have to download a mod to play any character I want.

M13 as Dante. Get the Dr. Faust red orb upgrades, get to the checkpoint and jump down. Spam Gunslinger to spin the hat around you in a circle. Keep pressing to kill enemies. Reload checkpoint.

but you're on PC so this argument doesn't matter
Anyway, when is someone going to remake all the old mods now that Vergil update has fucked them all up?

Usually I have no problems with multi-characters or demanding mechanics but this game was just boring to me. I was thrown into the game, having played only DMC 1 to 3, and I had no clue what was going on. Then they throw cutscene after cutscene and eventually I just uninstalled.

I came back some months later and I realize tutorials are disabled and I try to start over choosing the first mission and it's like "I don't know where I'm going" but also I don't have to care because pressing 3 keys seems like more than enough. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. The game looks epic but I just can't enjoy it.

You could play 4 so you at least know the characters

I was thinking about buying the HD pack, then 4 then catch up with 5. Maybe that way I'd get familiarized with the style again too. But there's a few games coming up that I want and I'm a poorfag.
Yeh, yeh, I thought about emulating them too.

>And understanding that jumping is your primary dodge? Unfathomable.
I remember a thread where a Soulsborne faggot tried to play DMC1 and he literally couldn't wrap his head about this concept no matter how much people tried to explain it to him.
Of course he dropped the game.

To this day I don't understand why Yea Forums defends DMC2 so hard. It's just an all-around horrible game.
t. Played the DMC games for the first time in 2019 and some of my favorite games of the decade are polarizing / outright hated games so I went into DMC2 with an open mind.

This
I also admire how you can see Qlipoth at distance from various spots in city levels
If anything future games should have level structure akin to mission 15
>Multiple branching paths which you can mix
>some environmental hazards
>punchline section